Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,237 members, 7,936,804 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 12:11 AM

Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? (26582 Views)

15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / Males, Is It Right To Disrespect Your Girlfriend's Or Wife's Father? / 21 Ways That Will Make Your Husband Keep Loving Youmore And More. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by coogar: 9:32pm On Mar 13, 2013
platinum131:

she should leave ke , she should leave house that she is paying rent ke ? What is the man still doing there anyway? Why cant he just leave since theres no more respect instead of playing the victim?

how do you know she's the one paying the rent? in nigeria, rents are paid in advance - a year or two. how are you so sure the hubby didnt pay just before he lost his job?
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 13, 2013
If he loses respect for me......a man that doesn't respect me deserves no respect in return

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by v24m(f): 9:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
kissLook no further am right here!
kimakazee: I love this lady! Pls if u hav a sister with ur attitude or u knw any pls let me knw cheiii ur husband is living d life ooo, i wish 2 b in his shoes.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by princemaicheal: 9:56pm On Mar 13, 2013
huni_naija: What would make me disrespect my husband, is is if he doesn't live up to his duties as a man, lies or cheats!

No one is perfect but if the same patterns are happening and theirs no sign of change, omo na to put him in his place oo or he can kindly gerrout!!

No time!! cool
What do you mean by 'living up to his duties' as a man?
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Desloaaa(f): 10:03pm On Mar 13, 2013
vanstanzy: I bet for most of the ladys, the answer will go like this; he has no money to take care of me n (my kids) and he cant f--k me hard. FALSE?
P"RICK NA FOOD
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by bukatyne(f): 10:13pm On Mar 13, 2013
Richy.:

yes I will counsel my siblings to go for the best. the bottom line is finance. in this case,she could be the best wife; to the best of the man's knowledge. until he lost his job.that was the ups and downs of life. No matter how good you are, if you are facing financial difficulty, most friends will run away. peoples attitude towards you will change including the people you helped when the going was good. It has nothing to do with being a good wife/ husband.thing happens to good or bad people

I just noticed you modified your previous quote.

I was not referring to the OP, I was referring to the poster I quoted.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by princemaicheal: 10:23pm On Mar 13, 2013
nwando:

Women are by nature very mild and men by nature are very aggressive( few exceptions )
99% of violent criminals and criminals of every kind are males
Any crime you hear about 99% of the time,the perpetrator is a male
In the same manner in the home,men are most likely to be the aggressors and the violent offenders so please dont blame us
Statistics like hips don't lie
If the police is called to your home,they will most likely be prepared to arrest a man and most times they are correct.
God made women loving nurturers ,men are something else

Turn any newspaper to the crime section
For every single crime by a woman there are 50000 by a man
And why do you think they engage in such act? In my opinion,most of these guys engage in crime so as to address the pressures coming from their girlfriends,sisters,brothers mothers,inlaws.They engage in crime to uplift the living conditions of these people because they feel the state has failed them.Do you think a man would willingly allow his sister or girlfriend to be a prostitute or carry a gun?He would rather take the risk.So by nature and in comparison men bear more burden than the women.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by ril19(m): 10:27pm On Mar 13, 2013
women r always of two types, even as their reply to this thread has shown. But whatever u do just keep in mind the word "fair". Perhaps that could help
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Mar 13, 2013
@nwando you are so FEMINISH that you cant see things objectively. When a man hits a woman, the otherside of the story shouldnt be looked at but when a woman abuses a man, then the other story should be considered! Tell me this isnt sexism.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Mar 13, 2013
@nwando you said men are more abusive than women. But the truth is men are seen as more abusive becos the kind of abuse women do often go unpunished. Verbal abuse is NOT LESS OFFENSIVE than physical abuse.

It is a known fact that we dont match you when it comes to verbal fluency. So in an arguement, you people outshine us and what you do really is: the so many aggressive words you release from your mouth in quick succession, pushes our words back into our mouth. Words that if allowed to come out of our mouth, would help us release the negative energy within us. But no! By your fluency, you deny us that chance.

Those words together with the negative energy remain within us and continue to build up until it explodes and reveals itself in form of violence. When this happens, we are arrested and put in jail and labelled 'BAD PEOPLE'. Is this really fair? Women are allowed to use their advantage (verbal superiority) over the man and get away with it' (in the voice of FEMINISH people) but the man is not alllowed to use his advantage(physical superiority)over the woman. I really think sexism is being meted out against us.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Innocent314: 10:53pm On Mar 13, 2013
No woman ll ever agree dt she disrespect her man. If u wnt to knw, jst go to her house/home & watch carefully wat is happening ,expecially wen both of dem av misunderstanding ,may financial prblm / rotten charecter . Frm all d comment above, sayin it by mouth i ll accpt all mention above , bt frm dia hrt, i strongly disagree.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by nenergy(m): 11:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
Such a woman was "wooed" with money. Guys, let something other than looks and money attract that lady to you. Plus, na Lady wey get handwork sure pass .

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by coogar: 11:20pm On Mar 13, 2013
princemaicheal:
And why do you think they engage in such act? In my opinion,most of these guys engage in crime so as to address the pressures coming from their girlfriends,sisters,brothers mothers,inlaws.They engage in crime to uplift the living conditions of these people because they feel the state has failed them.Do you think a man would willingly allow his sister or girlfriend to be a prostitute or carry a gun?He would rather take the risk.So by nature and in comparison men bear more burden than the women.

that's not even the point.....
how many men would report they have been abused by their spouses? men are supposed to take it on the chin so hundreds of thousands of crimes committed by women are not even reported! this is why they are chronic child abusers because children won't keep silent about it like men have been doing all these years.........
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by herseys01: 11:28pm On Mar 13, 2013
cowgurl: One attitude I can't stand is - outright disrespect. My body automatically reacts to this unfriendly and trust me, if I were a dude - it won't be taken likely.

As the manner of my church is, we went to evangelize God's word as instructed in the Holy Scriptures - and on getting to this flat, we saw a man doing his laundry outside his home so we went to him and pleaded audience which he obliged.

During our interaction, his wife (who just got back from church) walked past us without any form of pleasantries, then after some minutes, she came back out and spoke to her hubby rudely not minding our presence, for the life of me, I was taken aback - as the husband just stood there and watched her did her thing without a word or an action but instead went ahead and apologized on her behalf when she was through and in.

He then informed us how his wife's attitude towards him changed after he lost his job and tears almost dropped from his eyes, I felt sad for him really but also got thinking if the wife's action were right given the man's plight.

People are so quick to judge from the outside. You can not say what really happened between this man and his wife. Dont get me wrong, I do not condone this behaviour, but some men are the lowest scums on earth. This has happened to one of my friends. When she came to the US, she could not work immediately, she was dependent on her husband. He treated her like trash, controlling every aspect of her life. Now she has a job and he doesnt. She makes his life miserable. That why they say "be nice to people you meet on your way up, cos you will surely meet them on your way down". I do not support what she does, but the man surely deserves every bit of it.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by yungsage100: 11:39pm On Mar 13, 2013
For those who believe in the Word of God...the truth is embedded in it..wordly knowledge is confusing and contentious
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by dbride: 11:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
coogar:

does it matter anymore? anyone who disrespects his/her significant half in public is a disgrace to the institution of marriage! i don't care what transpired - married folks should sort their problems privately and not let a 3rd party in their business.

True Story: If the man shamelessly sleeps around openly within the vicinity and she disrespects him openly too, who is guilty of letting a third party into their business?

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by miredia(m): 11:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
I DON'T SOLICIT RESPECT I COMMAND IT. NO NEGOTIATIONS.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by baby124: 11:42pm On Mar 13, 2013
herseys01:

People are so quick to judge from the outside. You can not say what really happened between this man and his wife. Dont get me wrong, I do not condone this behaviour, but some men are the lowest scums on earth. This has happened to one of my friends. When she came to the US, she could not work immediately, she was dependent on her husband. He treated her like trash, controlling every aspect of her life. Now she has a job and he doesnt. She makes his life miserable. That why they say "be nice to people you meet on your way up, cos you will surely meet them on your way down". I do not support what she does, but the man surely deserves every bit of it.

I agree with you. Honestly, some people when they have a bit of cash, treat others like tras, forgetting one day, they will not have so much. This can be either male or female. Who know what this man did when he had a job. smh.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by miredia(m): 11:49pm On Mar 13, 2013
herseys01:

Warped!! I believe he did not treat her any differently prior her arrival to the U.S. Upon her arrival signals starts getting to her antenna....hey i'm d boss here and i guess his style has long being an anormaly. Very typical i tell you.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by miredia(m): 11:52pm On Mar 13, 2013
dbride:

True Story: If the man shamelessly sleeps around openly within the vicinity and she disrespects him openly too, who is guilty of letting a third party into their business?
. The fact of the matter is they both constitute a nuisance. Neither is sane.
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by herseys01: 12:27am On Mar 14, 2013
miredia: Warped!! I believe he did not treat her any differently prior her arrival to the U.S. Upon her arrival signals starts getting to her antenna....hey i'm d boss here and i guess his style has long being an anormaly. Very typical i tell you.
He did treat her differently. He was so nice before they married, but as soon as they married he changed completely. I was a witness to some of his disgusting acts. All he wanted was someone to clean, cook and have s*x with. He treated her like a slave. Most women are not animals, its the way you treat them that determines how you will be treated. You cant treat her like trash and expect to be treated like a king.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by kntrovasialmi: 12:54am On Mar 14, 2013
1. abuse of any form

2. infidelity
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 1:10am On Mar 14, 2013
cowgurl:

@nwando - FYI I would have reacted likewise without having to hear from the hubby his own side of the story if it was a woman being disrespected (in any form you can think of), so murder that silly thought of yours whispering am here to take sides cos am not.

The emboldened post above is the reason for this thread - you have issues with your spouse, lock yourselves up and deal with it, you don't have to let all members of the Jehovah witness worldwide in on your smelly issues,we don't care.

What the wife fail to realise is - she didn't only belittle her hubby infront of us she also rubbished hersef and her future generation alongside so a loud shame on her.

Bunkum!
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by Nobody: 1:13am On Mar 14, 2013
herseys01:

You see am
Who knows what pepper this man showed her and she decided to pay him back and now he is crying to Jehovah witness people
Let him get off his lazy behind an go find a job
No be his fellow man dey do 419?
I won't tolerate any lazy man that refuses to provide
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by dallyemmy: 1:56am On Mar 14, 2013
Well, if you read the post closely.

1. The woman was coming from the church
2. She didn't greet the visitors
3. She went inside without greeting her husband
4.She came back and talked disrespectful to her husband
5.The man apologized to the visitors on her behalf
6. Then the man wept.
7. He said since he lost his job his wife attitude changed.

Whatever we sow we shall reap, both men and women inclusive! It is peculiar with God's judgement in Eden! Don't entertain the devil in your marriage. In any family things must wrong but watch how react to things! A wise woman builds her home no matter what happens.(Proverbs 14:1)
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by tiwasiaife(m): 2:12am On Mar 14, 2013
victorian: Nothing will make me disrespect my husband.. Thank God, am buoyant .. He takes care of me , when he is bouyant with cash, why would i want to resent him, if things go wrong moneywise.... nah, God forbid, money is not forth coming from my hussy , there's nothing wrong in assisting our family, financially and spiritually until he bounces back.. It will break my heart to even raise my voice on him... I can't even try it... My mind will not rest at all!... It's wrong!.... Except if he is a serial cheat... I can't stand cheaters...I guess that's the only reason to disrespect him undecided...but I can't sha.
u said u cant stand cheaters? What of wolves can u stand them?
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by herseys01: 2:24am On Mar 14, 2013
dallyemmy: Well, if you read the post closely.

1. The woman was coming from the church
2. She didn't greet the visitors
3. She went inside without greeting her husband
4.She came back and talked disrespectful to her husband
5.The man apologized to the visitors on her behalf
6. Then the man wept.
7. He said since he lost his job his wife attitude changed.

Whatever we sow we shall reap, both men and women inclusive! It is peculiar with God's judgement in Eden! Don't entertain the devil in your marriage. In any family things must wrong but watch how react to things! A wise woman builds her home no matter what happens.(Proverbs 14:1)
It also says in the bible "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it" (Eph 5:25). Jesus Christ loved the church, he cared for and cherished the church. Also Ephesians 5:28 says "In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself". Most men fail to realise that mistreating their wives is mistreating themselves.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by dallyemmy: 2:36am On Mar 14, 2013
herseys01:
It also says in the bible "Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it" (Eph 5:25). Jesus Christ loved the church, he cared for and cherished the church. Also Ephesians 5:28 says "In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself". Most men fail to realise that mistreating their wives is mistreating themselves.

Ephesian 5 equally asked the woman to submit to her own husband and the man should love. Do you know what love means? Do you equally know what submission means? Why don't we do what we are commanded to do? How do we love? How do we submit?
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by herseys01: 3:11am On Mar 14, 2013
dallyemmy:

Ephesian 5 equally asked the woman to submit to her own husband and the man should love. Do you know what love means? Do you equally know what submission means? Why don't we do what we are commanded to do? How do we love? How do we submit?
Please take several seats. Its people like you that think women should stay in abusive relationships. Fine it says sumbit, but when you sumbit and it is thrown in your face. It is ok to be angry. Even Jesus showed anger when he saw people trading in his father's house (matthew 21:12). If a woman has pent her life sumbitting and she is taken for a fool, I approve when she showes anger. Nobody deserves to be treated badly. Love does not say we should become foot mats. Love with sense, if you love and sumbit and you are killed in the process OYO lo wa. The man will marry in few weeks or months self and your kids will suffer ehn.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by paul234(m): 3:44am On Mar 14, 2013
last to comment
Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by obi2012: 4:35am On Mar 14, 2013
U will be single for a long time. U like money too much

nwando:

You see am
Who knows what pepper this man showed her and she decided to pay him back and now he is crying to Jehovah witness people

Re: Ladies, What Will Make You Disrespect Your Husband? by biolabee(m): 5:26am On Mar 14, 2013
nwando:

You see am

Did you actually suggest this.. SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Triplets In The U.S After Six Years Of Waiting / Husband Tattoos Wifey On His Cheek (photos) / Dad Found Daughter Alive 11 Months After She Disappeared With Boyfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.