Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,472 members, 7,961,459 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 05:57 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (604058 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Danyl(m): 9:27pm On May 02, 2013
Raahym: hi guys, somebody please advise if it is absolutely necessary to make tuition payment before applying for the study visa?

Regards
its better u let d VO make a decision on ur application first b4 paying ur tuition fee..d VO myt ask u to pay 4a semester who knows bt dont appear as if u r too eager to go to canada(to d VO) it may affect ur applicatn.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:54pm On May 02, 2013
teexzle:

How can he claim to b in canada studyn wen he just got his visa 2day??
....he just got back to me....below is his explanation ...

"yeah it should be on Family thread or there about,i wrote it to console and encourage de guy who was complaining about being intimidated by his dad!and also let him no that he is not the only passing tru hell,and i wrote it during the period Kaycee was issued visa with hope mine would be that same week"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 11:20pm On May 02, 2013
GboyegaD:

I would suggest you call her and ask. I think they sometimes take a while to send the funding letter because the funding differs from one person to another.

Thanks oga Gboyega. The letter finally came in today. I am going to VGS. I am to resume Sept 1; I hope it is possible to get a positive reply before them. Is the 4mnths absolute?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Grxtnex: 11:21pm On May 02, 2013
Please is there anyone who applied for masters in ryerson university for september.
Has anyone be sent admission letter?

Pls I eargerly needs responses cos time is currently running out.

They said my application is considered but will contact me when admission decision has been reached.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 11:23pm On May 02, 2013
Raahym: hi guys, somebody please advise if it is absolutely necessary to make tuition payment before applying for the study visa?

if you can afford it, and the school requested for it, it wont hurt. . . But like someone said above, dont show too much eagerness, but await words from the Visa officer
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 12:57am On May 03, 2013
rayo2002:

Had u done medicals before being refused?

Hello all! I have a full funding for PhD. Does anyone know if, besides the letter of funding given, if I would still need to provide bank statements and all that? The funding also comes with a graduate assistant position. Are these enough? Is it possible to get a visa before Sept. 1? Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 2:14am On May 03, 2013
Shadams:

Hello all! I have a full funding for PhD. Does anyone know if, besides the letter of funding given, if I would still need to provide bank statements and all that? The funding also comes with a graduate assistant position. Are these enough? Is it possible to get a visa before Sept. 1? Thanks.

You don't need any statement. The funding letter is sufficient provided it covers your tuition with at least an additional $10k. Just use the online portal and it gives you a list of all you need to submit. As a doctoral student, I would suggest you let your letter of interest explain to the VO why you deserve to get the visa.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 3:47am On May 03, 2013
Pls what condition will make the embassy ask people to pay board too. I was thinking its only tuition fee.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by bumdish: 5:30am On May 03, 2013
Saw this info on the CIC website. Please note and confirm if you are submitting your application after May 4, 2013

Application forms for study permits, work permits and temporary resident visas are being updated on May 4, 2013. If you are submitting your application online after May 4, 2013, please go back into your application to download and complete the new application form. Forms downloaded before May 4th will not upload to MyCIC.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by sampitts(m): 6:31am On May 03, 2013
is vfs for canada at oregun? Goodmirning
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by efosa12345(m): 6:43am On May 03, 2013
@ Billings way, Alausa, close to Oregun.
sampitts: is vfs for canada at oregun? Goodmirning
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 7:07am On May 03, 2013
earthgreeners: @xtus, vooz, luckydon, teexzle, freshdude and all Fall 2013 applicants...where @ thou?...
Whatz up with admission et study permit application?
My Oga at the top,i submitted yesterday via VFS....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by teexzle: 7:34am On May 03, 2013
Ok..its aii, just went tru his post to remind me of his post in ths thread so far, then I found that...nuffin attached
Siga: ....he just got back to me....below is his explanation ...

"yeah it should be on Family thread or there about,i wrote it to console and encourage de guy who was complaining about being intimidated by his dad!and also let him no that he is not the only passing tru hell,and i wrote it during the period Kaycee was issued visa with hope mine would be that same week"
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 8:33am On May 03, 2013
GboyegaD:

You don't need any statement. The funding letter is sufficient provided it covers your tuition with at least an additional $10k. Just use the online portal and it gives you a list of all you need to submit. As a doctoral student, I would suggest you let your letter of interest explain to the VO why you deserve to get the visa.

Thank you my brother for the response. The funding covers the tuition and oda stuff, but an extra 10k is not within its purview o. You mentioned letter of interest; is that the same as a letter/statement of intent submitted earlier to the school? U could mail your response to DELETED Thanks sir!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by VCTROKOYE: 9:08am On May 03, 2013
Pls what condition will make the embassy ask people to pay for board too. I was thinking its only tuition fee.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by surecan: 10:21am On May 03, 2013
God do some thing
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:35am On May 03, 2013
Shadams:

Thank you my brother for the response. The funding covers the tuition and oda stuff, but an extra 10k is not within its purview o. You mentioned letter of interest; is that the same as a letter/statement of intent submitted earlier to the school? U could mail your response to DELETED Thanks sir!

Very selfish attitude, you want answer to your question to be emailed to you, why not have it here so that others in similar situation will learn and benefit?

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by coldgate(f): 12:19pm On May 03, 2013
bumdish: Saw this info on the CIC website. Please note and confirm if you are submitting your application after May 4, 2013

Application forms for study permits, work permits and temporary resident visas are being updated on May 4, 2013. If you are submitting your application online after May 4, 2013, please go back into your application to download and complete the new application form. Forms downloaded before May 4th will not upload to MyCIC.

I saw the message too. Anyone using the online method and has previously uploaded his/her forms would need to logon after tomorrow to fill out the new forms. Anyway, I applied this morning using the online method.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 12:40pm On May 03, 2013
surecan: God do some thing
...God is already doing something....just not wat u want at the moment....ur visa is on its way...stop troubling God o jare...lol
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by surecan: 12:57pm On May 03, 2013
Siga: ...God is already doing something....just not wat u want at the moment....ur visa is on its way...stop troubling God o jare...lol

i claim it,amen
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Maximip(m): 1:08pm On May 03, 2013
coldgate:

I saw the message too. Anyone using the online method and has previously uploaded his/her forms would need to logon after tomorrow to fill out the new forms. Anyway, I applied this morning using the online method.

I guess if they submit before May 4th, the old forms are just as good.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 1:22pm On May 03, 2013
bumdish: Saw this info on the CIC website. Please note and confirm if you are submitting your application after May 4, 2013

coldgate:

...U dont need to resubmit a new form...the one u submit is already with them....just that u wont be able to upload it back to the portal as the parameters would have changed....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 1:38pm On May 03, 2013
My good peeps in d house,wats good?cool. I jst tot I shud update d house wit my UNBC admission, I wasn't admitted because of unavailability of supervisor to match my research interest,though, I was said to be qualified for d prog.
I am looking at Jan start date in Humber college and I have sent my docx, hopefully by June I shud send my docx to CDHC for processing once I get my admission letter..I want 2 blief dt CDHC won't ponder on my decision to go for PG wiv a 2.1 CGPA.
@Zionspecie...wots happening, u ought to resume on Monday May 6.
@Teexzle..u cud also try looking out ds lovely colleges,jst a suggestion sis kiss http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/ontcol/home.html
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 1:47pm On May 03, 2013
Shadams:

Abeg, I no be sir oooo.
Unfortunately, your mail address have been deleted because the forum prefers we discuss all things openly. Your letter of interest is a little different to your statement of intent sent to the school as it is addressed to different individuals in different capacities as such, you need to write it to soothe the purpose for each.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Huzzie: 2:02pm On May 03, 2013
Siga: ...God is already doing something....just not wat u want at the moment....ur visa is on its way...stop troubling God o jare...lol
Lol grin... B4 d dv lottery result came out, u would almost mistake dt thread for a REVIVAL because na so so prayers,yet wen d results came out... shocked. This visa quest from searching for schools, applying, getting admission and then to CDHC's stage could be frustrating and even make some people to bcom religious, srzly, I ought to b frustrated now wiv d effort I put in esp to convince my dad to support my plight ... here I am denied for May start date and didn't get admission for sept start date, buh wetin man wan do.
"I may not be where I want to be but definitely where God wants me". Just a piece of advise to those dt av submitted since,those dt jst submitted and those abt 2 submit, dnt build ur life solely on Canada dreams to avert breakdown if nt issued TRV...I aint bn pessimistic, I am only trying 2 b realistic.
All d best 2 u all... #Keep dreaming,keep winning...LOVE U ALL#.cheers

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 2:14pm On May 03, 2013
Trust me....wetin dey behind 6 pass 7 ....Guys need to realise that when U get to Canada...its not all rosy as u think...they struggle just started....so..the CDHC wahala na small thing compared to the headache of ensuring u dont go outta status and u get ur PR....We have people that were here last yr....got here for August admission for 1yr PGD...now...dem just finish exams last week and going crazy on how to get a job to maintain status and to apply for PR....so...na from one struggle to the next....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Raahym(m): 2:38pm On May 03, 2013
Danyl:
its better u let d VO make a decision on ur application first b4 paying ur tuition fee..d VO myt ask u to pay 4a semester who knows bt dont appear as if u r too eager to go to canada(to d VO) it may affect ur applicatn.

Thank you so much Danyl, Would do as advised. Please would like to know if you or any member have a soft copy of Letter of Intent and Recoomendation Letter as its most suitable to be written?

Please d o not hesistate to send to me @ eagleyerola@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 6:53pm On May 03, 2013
I have 2 questions to ask, the first question is that: is NYSC certificate compulsory in visa application?
The 2nd question is that: is it possible for a school to extend my admission to another batch or will they require me to reapply? Thanks you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gnykelly(m): 7:00pm On May 03, 2013
Guys pls how do i apply for student visa to canada. How to steps to ensure securing it. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:36pm On May 03, 2013
Odinwa: I have 2 questions to ask, the first question is that: is NYSC certificate compulsory in visa application?
The 2nd question is that: is it possible for a school to extend my admission to another batch or will they require me to reapply? Thanks you

NYsc certificate is just to show proof that since u left school u avnt been idle, u actually had something doing which made u not apply for a masters/PGD so soon.
Secondly, yes it's called deferral. U can defer ur admission to another start date. You do not need to reapply for anything. Just notify ur school before d semester resumes that u wanna defer admission.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:38pm On May 03, 2013
gny kelly: Guys pls how do i apply for student visa to canada. How to steps to ensure securing it. Thanks.

It's too long to be explained. It has taken 3 parts of 103 pages each to get here so answering your question might be difficult.
Check here CIC.gc.ca and navigate through for guidelines on visa applications.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:41pm On May 03, 2013
VCTROKOYE: Pls what condition will make the embassy ask people to pay for board too. I was thinking its only tuition fee.

Consular officers or whatever they are called are unpredictable. That's what they are trained to be. Just so applicants don't take counter measures towards their questions, investigations or actions. So we really can't say the condition for such.

SOURCE: my friend is a consular officer for the British high commission.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.