Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,469 members, 7,961,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 05:51 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 4 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 4 (604056 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (444) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 7:50pm On May 03, 2013
Raahym: hi guys, somebody please advise if it is absolutely necessary to make tuition payment before applying for the study visa?

Regards

Most schools advice you let the embassy give the go ahead first so as to avoid having to request a refund of your fees in the case of visa rejection. At the same time it can show financial strength when submitting you application but you might also be shooting yourself in the foot by taking this action of oversabi and I too know. So baba just chill embassy go yan wen to pay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Raahym(m): 7:59pm On May 03, 2013
2-chains:

Most schools advice you let the embassy give the go ahead first so as to avoid having to request a refund of your fees in the case of visa rejection. At the same time it can show financial strength when submitting you application but you might also be shooting yourself in the foot by taking this action of oversabi and I too know. So baba just chill embassy go yan wen to pay.

Thanks so much 2-chains for the info. I am not trying to do oversabi just taking steps to assure my progress.

Regards
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by ZionSpecie(m): 8:49pm On May 03, 2013
Huzzie: My good peeps in d house,wats good?cool. I jst tot I shud update d house wit my UNBC admission, I wasn't admitted because of unavailability of supervisor to match my research interest,though, I was said to be qualified for d prog.
I am looking at Jan start date in Humber college and I have sent my docx, hopefully by June I shud send my docx to CDHC for processing once I get my admission letter..I want 2 blief dt CDHC won't ponder on my decision to go for PG wiv a 2.1 CGPA.
@Zionspecie...wots happening, u ought to resume on Monday May 6.
@Teexzle..u cud also try looking out ds lovely colleges,jst a suggestion sis kiss http://www.ontariocolleges.ca/ontcol/home.html
Cheers
Wow. I didn't know u were looking for supervisor at UNBC. My friend helped me to talk to a prof then. I went there on wednesday and dat lady said they'r not yet thru wt my app o. That they'll contact me when they'v made final decision. I'm certain about the outcome anyways
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:50pm On May 03, 2013
gny kelly: Guys pls how do i apply for student visa to canada. How to steps to ensure securing it. Thanks.

What do you know about the processing? State it here and then we can add more to it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 9:02pm On May 03, 2013
2-chains:

NYsc certificate is just to show proof that since u left school u avnt been idle, u actually had something doing which made u not apply for a masters/PGD so soon.
Secondly, yes it's called deferral. U can defer ur admission to another start date. You do not need to reapply for anything. Just notify ur school before d semester resumes that u wanna defer admission.
....Bro...not all schools accept deferal oooo....some will ask u to reapply....have one on my neck now...Humber College (PGD Human Resource Mgt)....I couldnt help defer....she was asked to reapply...so...not all schools....best bet is to ask ur school before u apply....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 9:40pm On May 03, 2013
Sigh!!!... After a very long battle...
I'm pleased to inform this great house that I have been offered admission for Masters in Natural Resources Management at the University of Manitoba. I have accepted the offer and waiting for a formal admission acceptance letter... I have changed my mailing address to a Canadian address.

#Running late

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 9:42pm On May 03, 2013
Siga: ....Bro...not all schools accept deferal oooo....some will ask u to reapply....have one on my neck now...Humber College (PGD Human Resource Mgt)....I couldnt help defer....she was asked to reapply...so...not all schools....best bet is to ask ur school before u apply....

Ahh wahala be dat
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Debesther: 10:32pm On May 03, 2013
hello guys. someone is packaging a CANADIAN 2 years work permit visa for me.pls how will i verify the authenticity of the visa,so as to avoid embarrassment at the airport.pls i need ur advise
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Siga: 10:43pm On May 03, 2013
Debesther: hello guys. someone is packaging a CANADIAN 2 years work permit visa for me.pls how will i verify the authenticity of the visa,so as to avoid embarrassment at the airport.pls i need ur advise
...When u say packaging...how do u mean...what job did he offer u ...have u gotten a job yet? Wht documents did u provide him....Is he an Agent...who is he to u? Answer all these and few more to come as u answer....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 10:56pm On May 03, 2013
Debesther: hello guys. someone is packaging a CANADIAN 2 years work permit visa for me.pls how will i verify the authenticity of the visa,so as to avoid embarrassment at the airport.pls i need ur advise

Just like Chairman Siga said, ask those kinda questions you have been asked and if you ave the name of the coy that he/she is using to get you a visa, provide and we will help you check if it is real or not, please be careful, there are lots of people using this kinda stuff to swindle people. . . . Cos even Canadians are having problem getting a job.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 10:57pm On May 03, 2013
earthgreeners: Sigh!!!... After a very long battle...
I'm pleased to inform this great house that I have been offered admission for Masters in Natural Resources Management at the University of Manitoba. I have accepted the offer and waiting for a formal admission acceptance letter... I have changed my mailing address to a Canadian address.

#Running late

Congratulations on the first leg and pray that second leg will be a smooth sail as well, see you in Canada, please bring me some gala oh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by imadebaby: 11:06pm On May 03, 2013

#Running late
Congratttullaaations !!!! Let the journey begin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 11:15pm On May 03, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Congratulations on the first leg and pray that second leg will be a smooth sail as well, see you in Canada, please bring me some gala oh
Bros,dis gala issue no be small matter ooo
grin
@Earthgreener,
Congrats bruv.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Fhemmmy: 11:40pm On May 03, 2013
newacca:
Bros,dis gala issue no be small matter ooo
grin
@Earthgreener,
Congrats bruv.

It is more than small matter oh . . . . I want chop that thing no be joke oh, so when you coming and u no bring me some, na me to tell them as Pearson International Airport to make sure you drop some money oh
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 03, 2013

#Running late

About time ! Finally ! Been checking up on you lately to read this Forthcoming Good news and I just did. Am happy for you smiley cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by tigger56: 12:28am On May 04, 2013
My question is this, what are my chances of getting admitted into an msc programme in microbiology in a canadian univ since I came out wt a 2:2
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by gnykelly(m): 2:14am On May 04, 2013
GboyegaD:

What do you know about the processing? State it here and then we can add more to it.
i know i have to look for school online if offered admsn some doc. Will be sent to chc. But if you know a definite page that can explain from 1st phase to the last phase. I would be very grateful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 5:39am On May 04, 2013
GboyegaD:

Abeg, I no be sir oooo.
Unfortunately, your mail address have been deleted because the forum prefers we discuss all things openly. Your letter of interest is a little different to your statement of intent sent to the school as it is addressed to different individuals in different capacities as such, you need to write it to soothe the purpose for each.

@Gboyega. Oh, I am sorry about that. I was aware of such a tradition in the forum. Wetin jjc go do na? But thanks for the response. I have been to VFS and I should submit on Monday. Are u saying I should write a separate letter, of interest, addressed to the embassy and included as one of the docs?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Shadams(m): 7:42am On May 04, 2013
justwise:

Very selfish attitude, you want answer to your question to be emailed to you, why not have it here so that others in similar situation will learn and benefit?

Eeyah! Go ahead and judge my actions. You are probably correct. However, my intentions were not mobilised for selfishness. I AM SORRY! I be newcomer o!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by earthgreeners(m): 7:53am On May 04, 2013
Fhemmmy: Congratulations on the first leg and pray that second leg will be a smooth sail as well, see you in Canada, please bring me some gala oh

Thanks Bro, It's high time I gathered my documents. I go bring enough gala.. UAC still dey make am oo..but d tin no rich like before oo..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by luckyDon1: 8:21am On May 04, 2013
earthgreeners:

Thanks Bro, It's high time I gathered my documents. I go bring enough gala.. UAC still dey make am oo..but d tin no rich like before oo..
Congrats on your addmission...,now is the most rigorous task of securing TRV...Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 8:42am On May 04, 2013
Please help me out here guys, I don't know how to start this letter of intent and also sponsor don't know how to write his own letter too. Can anyone help with a format or a sample of the letter? Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by GboyegaD(m): 8:54am On May 04, 2013
Shadams:

@Gboyega. Oh, I am sorry about that. I was aware of such a tradition in the forum. Wetin jjc go do na? But thanks for the response. I have been to VFS and I should submit on Monday. Are u saying I should write a separate letter, of interest, addressed to the embassy and included as one of the docs?

Yes please. Even at that, you could use the online platform to generate the items you need to submit with your application so that you don't miss out on any important thing.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 8:55am On May 04, 2013
Odinwa: Please help me out here guys, I don't know how to start this letter of intent and also sponsor don't know how to write his own letter too. Can anyone help with a format or a sample of the letter? Thanks

Just google them. And surely you would get a format. Sorry I deleted mine off my iPad yestdy else wud have given you. But actually there isn't a particular format to writing these things just let the letters be formal and be convincing in your statements.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by 2chains1(m): 8:58am On May 04, 2013
Guys I have an issue oh! Is it really possible to go from a graduate certificate to a masters program in Canada? And how easy is it? I don't wanna enter, fnsh my grad cert and be left hanging.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 10:13am On May 04, 2013
Odinwa: Please help me out here guys, I don't know how to start this letter of intent and also sponsor don't know how to write his own letter too. Can anyone help with a format or a sample of the letter? Thanks

LETTER OF INTENT
1. Start off with a very very short description of who u are and your basic interests
2. Your qualifications , degree , etc
3. Work experience relevant to your first degree etc.
4. why you want to do a masters and how doing such would benefit you in your life aspirations
5. why you want to study in in Canada instead of Nigeria or another country e.g USA, UK etc
6. The u have to somehow try to convince the visa officer that your study would be beneficial back home thereby reinforcing your intent to come back home after studies.

LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP:

1. Sponsor should introduce himself, occupation, address
2. Explain his relationship to you.
3. Explain why he wants to sponsor you ( if he isn't blood related.)
4. Assure that he has the financial means to be responsible for all your expenses

DISCLAIMER : This isn't a perfect guide but going by most of what i have seen online, this could be a starting point.
my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by newacca: 10:24am On May 04, 2013
Nuendo:

LETTER OF INTENT
1. Start off with a very very short description of who u are and your basic interests
4. why you want to do a masters and how doing such would benefit you in your life aspirations
5. why you want to study in in Canada instead of Nigeria or another country e.g USA, UK etc
6. The u have to somehow try to convince the visa officer that your study would be beneficial back home thereby reinforcing your intent to come back home after studies.

LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP:

4. Assure that he has the financial means to be responsible for all your expenses

DISCLAIMER : This isn't a perfect guide but going by most of what i have seen online, this could be a starting point.
my 2 cents.
This is pretty cool. @Akanmu n other dudes dat need letter of intent n LOS.This is a pointer on hw to write one. Good luck Lads!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Nuendo: 10:34am On May 04, 2013
2-chains:
Guys I have an issue oh! Is it really possible to go from a graduate certificate to a masters program in Canada? And how easy is it? I don't wanna enter, fnsh my grad cert and be left hanging.

Oga 2-chains what do u mean by Grad cert?? is it Post Grad Diploma?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 10:55am On May 04, 2013
2-chains:

well in my acceptance letter my george brow college it was noted that i must pay my tution fees befor my adminsion can be offer a place in the college. In this case what should i do
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 11:16am On May 04, 2013
Nuendo:

LETTER OF INTENT

LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP:

my 2 cents.
Thanks but am not going for masters, am going for a 2nd degree in a different course. Should I use the same format?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by Odinwa(m): 11:19am On May 04, 2013
richard4ssky:

well in my acceptance letter my george brow college it was noted that i must pay my tution fees befor my adminsion can be offer a place in the college. In this case what should i do
U hv to pay the first term fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 4 by richard4ssky: 11:45am On May 04, 2013
Odinwa:
U hv to pay the first term fees.

yes you right. Is lik you have an ideal about the school. Is just an 8 month program. So how much do you advice me to be in my statement of account

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (444)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 5 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.