Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,176 members, 7,960,663 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 07:36 AM

In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? (65926 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Don't Use IJN To Replace In Jesus Name (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (62) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Mar 24, 2013
Bidam: i can never worship man made god o..dem get eye but them no dey see...dem get ear o..but dem no dey hear...in this day and age people still worship this? MAY GOD HELP US..AMEN

Amen Brother.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Mar 24, 2013
honeric01:

you need to seek Christ, you know you're on the path of destruction, seek him while you still breathe, hiding from the truth won't get you no where, idol worshiping is a great sin to yahweh.

Many of them prefer tradition and Mary over the real Jesus, like the Pharisees their hearts have been hardened.

Prayer is the Key.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 12:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
frosbel:

Many of them prefer tradition and Mary over the real Jesus, like the Pharisees their hearts have been hardened.

Prayer is the Key.

he's been trying to dribble himself all the while ignoring the glaring truth and coming up with endless beer parlor rumor/comments. On that faithful day, there won't be any room for dribbles. May God help the blind see and the rest of us @ the end of days.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Mar 24, 2013
Odunharry: gbam
Thank you.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 5:05pm On Mar 24, 2013
chukwudi44:

I thought as much.You have nothing to substantiate your baseless allegation.

Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Reyginus(m): 5:58pm On Nov 15, 2012
THE PROBLEM OF MARY
The mother of God. Really? Yes, really. If you believe in the trinity, you are bereft of option.
But, that's far from the problem.
Among all, this one is the most painful.
The place of mary in 'our' hearts is now golden. I'm not trying to take anything away from her, but trying not to add.
It is very annoying when you are called a mary-worshipper. I don't blame anybody, because even in our dressing, it can easily be seen why we are so addressed.
Why us? Am I really asking? Simples. We've glorified mary so much that even our glory for God has become insignificant.
Is the hail mary prayer biblical? No. Why was it invented or as some will say 'revealed' in the first place?
You know what? Any prayer that does not correspond to the lord's prayer is a SCAM. Hope you understand what I mean?
We are at home with repetation.
Mattew 6:7: ' when you pray do not use a lot of meaningless words, as the pagans do. Are we pagans? Maybe, we are.
Check this out:
'hail mary full of grace the lord is with you, blessed are thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb jesus',
'holy mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and the hour of our death'. Repeat this for 150 times and tell me the result. While the former is repeating what elizabeth(mother of john the baptist), the later blaspheming.
I am saddened by this. Modern paganism at play. Where do we place christ in all we do?

Somebody need to speak up. My catholic people, if we are to follow a way, it better be the narrow way(jesus christ), any other way to the father is wide.

https://www.nairaland.com/1104124/problem-catholism-an-introspection
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by honeric01(m): 5:08pm On Mar 24, 2013
Re: My Problem With Catholism-An Introspection by Reyginus(m): 7:25pm On Nov 15, 2012
BIBLE READING AND PRAYER
Do catholics pray? Yes, but a few.
Priest: How does the catholic church encourage their parishoners/members to read the bible?
Rey: By selling of sunday missals and bulletin.
Priest: Yes, you answered correctly.

Without the word in you, you can never speak the word. Even when you, everything remains buffered. Sincerely speaking, the catholic church does not encourage the reading of the bible. If not for the 'Catholic Charismatic Renewal Movement', the catholic church would have been gone by now. Did I just break your rib? I'm sorry.
Once by chance, we encounter a 'holyghost father' who insists in praise and worship, our tendons begin to apoptosize. Some will not open their mouths to worship(who knows if their hearts is doing the thing), majority will be seated except for the 'father's' intervention. And the cultists, sorry I mean the knights will be grumbling with their pot-bellies. I mean no disrespect. God save this house. Was this the founding fathers plan? Whoever brought the idea of bulletins and sunday missals has an ulterior motive.
Beyond the hail mary prayer, how many of us can pray for an hour? So many question I'd like to ask.

What is the prayer life of the average catholic child?
I remember back then in boarding house, a catholic boy was called upon to pray for the general. Guess what? You guessed right already. He switched into the normal hail mary mantra. I was engulfed in shame.
How do we justify the prayer and societies we create for every saint? Prayer to st micheal, legion of mary, prayer to saint joseph, devine mercy prayer, etc etc. No room for creativity. Lol.
Sometimes I wonder if we will ever change, maybe I'm wallowing in delusion.
But as the bible says....only the violent taketh it by force. The catholic church must be restored to the former glory.

https://www.nairaland.com/1104124/problem-catholism-an-introspection
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Ubenedictus(m): 5:28pm On Mar 24, 2013
Honeric has decided to deviate d thread.
Una bye bye.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by dokunbam(m): 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
Acidosis:

Assuming they can hear your prayers (just like any other dead 'immortal' being).. Why pray to them if you can pray directly to God? After all the bible says theres no mediator between men and God, and the only way to God is through Jesus - "NO ONE COME TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

Gbam
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 14, 2013
frosbel: nothing , no one bows to Mary, to do so is to commit a grave sin against GOD.

fc u dumb protestant .....pastor's worshiper
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by k2039: 12:38pm On Jul 14, 2013
Acidosis: Please I need your answers, brothers and sisters
All shall receive grace gringringringringrin
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by fr3do(m): 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
frosbel:

Worship Jesus , no one asked you to worship his mother, this is the stuff of PAGANs.

".....And someone said to Him, 'Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You.' But He answered the one who was telling Him and said, 'Who is My mother and who are My brothers?' And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, 'Behold, My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, He is My brother and sister and mother.'" - Matthew 12:46-50

The funny thing is , when Christ Jesus went up to heaven in the clouds, Mary was just one of the brethren gathered together in the upper room, she was among the prayer warriors who received the Holy Spirit like the rest.

"When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James. 14 They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers." - Acts 1:13-14

When it was time to address the crowd, it was not Mary the mother of Jesus who spoke but Peter. If Mary was a 'god' , how come Peter led the team ?

15 In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty) 16 and said, “Brothers and sisters,[d] the Scripture had to be fulfilled in which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus. 17 He was one of our number and shared in our ministry.” - Acts 1:15-17

Mary was one of the brethren, she was taken care of by John the apostle.

No one prayed to her or worshiped her.

Paul , Peter and the apostles never for once asked us to pray to her or ask her to pray for us.

Stop this pagan madness.

omo,this guy's arguement is sound
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Afam4eva(m): 12:40pm On Jul 14, 2013
anitank: You do nothing. We just pray to her to intercede on our behalf
Is there anywhere in the bible that says Mary is an intercessor? The bible quotes Jesus saying that no one cometh to the Father except through me. Meaning that Jesus is the only intercessor there is.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by dokunbam(m): 12:41pm On Jul 14, 2013
frosbel:

Worship Jesus , no one asked you to worship his mother, this is the stuff of PAGANs.

".....And someone said to Him, 'Behold, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside seeking to speak to You.' But He answered the one who was telling Him and said, 'Who is My mother and who are My brothers?' And stretching out His hand toward His disciples, He said, 'Behold, My mother and My brothers! For whoever does the will of My Father who is in heaven, He is My brother and sister and mother.'" - Matthew 12:46-50

The funny thing is , when Christ Jesus went up to heaven in the clouds, Mary was just one of the brethren gathered together in the upper room, she was among the prayer warriors who received the Holy Spirit like the rest.

"When they arrived, they went upstairs to the room where they were staying. Those present were Peter, John, James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas son of James. 14 They all joined together constantly in prayer, along with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brothers." - Acts 1:13-14

When it was time to address the crowd, it was not Mary the mother of Jesus who spoke but Peter. If Mary was a 'god' , how come Peter led the team ?

15 In those days Peter stood up among the believers (a group numbering about a hundred and twenty) 16 and said, “Brothers and sisters,[d] the Scripture had to be fulfilled in which the Holy Spirit spoke long ago through David concerning Judas, who served as guide for those who arrested Jesus. 17 He was one of our number and shared in our ministry.” - Acts 1:15-17

Mary was one of the brethren, she was taken care of by John the apostle.

No one prayed to her or worshiped her.

Paul , Peter and the apostles never for once asked us to pray to her or ask her to pray for us.

Stop this pagan madness.

I like it wen u explain with Bible quotes

Singing ##
Preach it preacher
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Zonacom(m): 12:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
gree-die:

lol... pagan madness? and you know this because?.. der u go, interpreting the bible according to your level of ignorance...

The Gospel of St. John relates two significant accounts which relate to Mary — the wedding feast of Cana and the Crucifixion. Of the first account we read:
“There was a marriage in Cana of Galilee, and the Mother of Jesus was there. And Jesus also was invited, and His disciples, to the marriage. And the wine failing, the Mother of Jesus said to Him, ‘They have no wine.’ And Jesus said to her, ‘Woman, what is it to Me and to thee? My hour is not yet come.’ His Mother said to the waiters, ‘Whatsoever He shall say to you, do ye’” (John 2:1-5).
Jesus Christ then proceeded to work His first public miracle at His Mother’s request. Everything related in the Gospels is inspired by God, and there is a reason for it. Does not this narrative of the wedding feast manifest the intercessory power of Mary with Jesus Christ, her Divine Son?
In the second account, also take from the Gospel of St. John, we read:
“There stood by the Cross of Jesus His Mother... When Jesus therefore had seen His Mother and the disciple standing whom He loved, He saith to His Mother: ‘Woman, behold thy son...’” (John 19:25-27).
Just as Eve cooperated with Adam in the Fall of mankind, the Blessed Virgin Mary cooperated with Jesus Christ in our redemption. She “stood by the Cross of Jesus.” What anguish, what sorrow did the Mother of Jesus experience at the foot of the Cross as she witnessed the sufferings and death of her Divine Son!
In both accounts, Jesus addressed Mary by the term woman. In Hebrew the word used by Jesus was a term which would be addressed to a queen or a woman of high rank. It was a term of great respect.
But why did Jesus Christ address His Mother by the term woman at these two significant moments in His life — at His first public miracle, and at His Crucifixion on the Cross?
Our Divine Lord wanted to clearly indicate that His Mother was the Woman spoken of in the Book of Genesis:
“I will put enmities between thee (Satan) and the Woman, between thy seed and her seed, and she shall crush thy head.”

catholics do not, as Protestants falsely believe, worship the Blessed Virgin Mary. We honor her who was so intimately connected with Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity. Yes, there is only one Mediator with the Father — Jesus Christ. Only the God-Man Jesus Christ could have redeemed mankind. Nevertheless, we pray to Mary that she may intercede for us with her Divine Son. How often we request the assistance of prayers from our fellow men — how much more powerful are the prayers and intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary! In the Old Testament, we read how Moses prayed with arms outstretched and interceded with God to procure the victory of the Israelites over their enemies in a crucial battle. As long as he prayed, they were victorious. When he ceased his prayers, the Israelites began to lose. Because of this, it was necessary for two men to hold up Moses’ arms in prayer until the battle was won. Also, we read in the Old Testament how Josue prayed to God to have the day prolonged in order to win another crucial battle. If Moses and Josue could have such intercession before God, how much more powerful are the prayers of the Blessed Virgin Mary!
God bless you my sister
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 14, 2013
protestants are the dumbest rebels I have ever seen , trying to smack talk about your creator? the Catholic church gave birth to you mofos. so bow in front of it. period

on Mary only a fool will say Catholic worship Mary , ever heard of respect? how on earth can you love someone and disrespect his mother? the one who gave birth to your lord? tua. una dey mad? so you can marry someone who tells you straight I pee on your parents, I spit on them ,but hey I love u .right? god forbid , in fact Mbanu .bunch of illiterates , yet they try to put Catholics under their dirty umbrella aka Christians , I spit on that Christians shiat , Catholic are Catholic .period . protestants & co have nothing to with Catholic. they disrespect Jesus's mother , God's son mother and God's mother. shocked shocked shocked shocked, they don't recognize the authority of the pope, drink raisin syrup and eat bread as communion . pray too loud with senseless songs ..worship their pastors , more to come . tongue tongue tongue

protestants are soulless. bunch of savages, dirty and very backward .

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by adrainuche(m): 12:47pm On Jul 14, 2013
Please what's d use if this thread What sort of silly question is this !!! Please do read your Bible before coming here to ask such dumb question !!! When have you ever heard in Mary"s name !!!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by adrainuche(m): 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
Please what's d use of this thread What sort of silly question is this !!! Please do read your Bible before coming here to ask such dumb question !!! When have you ever heard in Mary"s name !!!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by 1ndidi2(f): 12:48pm On Jul 14, 2013
Please o! Are all atheists,catholics,muslims etc. Going to hell! Seeing as they aint protestants!!!
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by buoye1(m): 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
What a foolish nd senseless question.............were e ooo
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 14, 2013
why are protestants pastors so damn rich yet their followers are so damn poor?
answer:
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Broker23(m): 12:53pm On Jul 14, 2013
gree-die:
Im catholic.... we do not pray to mary or in her name.

now where in the bible was it recorded dat mary died? or u think it was mistakenly omitted?

I don't get it, u don't believe mary can intercede, but i do... why not live and let live... i ain't questioning ur belief so why question mine?
Tell them let them hear
why do u peeps keep opening thread abt the mother of Jesus wen ur aim isn't to learn but to ridicule?

Im keeping my knowledge to myself, thanks.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
the same protestants who ask their brethren at the end of the mass to pray for them when they are sick , who ask the pastor to put their hands on the big but empty heads, are asking us why we respect the mother of God? ...this people are clearly the dumbest rebels on earth , no sense in what they do or say. . did Jesus wrote the BIBLE? why do you use it? did he ask u to read the bible or sing in your "temple"?
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by OSIBOY2(m): 12:55pm On Jul 14, 2013
Sori 2 say dis bt Mother Mary is notin like u,coz she conceived while still a virgin.hw many time hv u used foul words or sined against God?well 1 of my cathchism clases i was tought dis prayer,holy Mary mother of God pray 4 us siners nw nd the hour or our death.its simply shows is an intersessory prayer.thanks no hard feelins. I luv my religion nd u have 2 respect dat
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Policewoman(f): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
Who even put up this post? Do catholics tell you that they pray in Mary's name? I'm sure you are just trying to indirectly insult the catholic church.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by UjSizzle(f): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
adrainuche: Please what's d use if this thread What sort of silly question is this !!! Please do read your Bible before coming here to ask such dumb question !!! When have you ever heard in Mary"s name !!!
You aren't very smart are you

It's funny how you catholics hardly have a defence for your doctrine. Only Greedie has managed to make any sense in here(to say the least). Goes to show how much you don't even understand what you do and why you do it smh. You need to drop those missals and pick up an actual bible. They contain things your missals don't have....like actual reference to other parts of the scriptures for further reading.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by euna05(f): 12:57pm On Jul 14, 2013
Acidosis:

Assuming they can hear your prayers (just like any other dead 'immortal' being).. Why pray to them if you can pray directly to God? After all the bible says theres no mediator between men and God, and the only way to God is through Jesus - "NO ONE COME TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THROUGH THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

true talk , tell them ooo, †ђe catholic members won't hear. Mary is just †ђe mother of Jesus åήd nδ one comes to †ђe father(God) except Jesus
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by cupid4ig(m): 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
seun or who ever owns this site I think its high time u check ur self and watch the kind of post u allow on ur site. this is really insane for someone to come out and question someones faith and believe. and yet one mofo of a modrator decided to post it in the front page. the truth is I don't blame u all most of u guys are are muslims and I bet if this is about mohamed I know how this trend would ve bn. seun respect ur self and respect peoples believes and faith and take down this post.
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 14, 2013
uj_sizzle:
You aren't very smart are you

It's funny how you catholics hardly have a defence for your doctrine. Only Greedie has managed to make any sense in here(to say the least). Goes to show how much you don't even understand what you do and why you do it smh. You need to drop those missals and pick up an actual bible. They contain things your missals don't have....like actual reference to other parts of the scriptures for further reading.
when are u going to buy a jet like ur pastor? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by mrarranger: 12:59pm On Jul 14, 2013
frosbel:

wrong, you are not to pray to her or ask her to intercede, it is an abomination.

Nowhere in the bible are we asked to pray to Mary, it is an invention of wicked men.

have you ever asked ur pastor to pray for you because u have one problem or the other. If yes(which i know it z) then u are not following d dictates of the bible
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: protestants are the dumbest rebels I have ever seen , trying to smack talk about your creator? the Catholic church gave birth to you mofos. so bow in front of it. period

on Mary only a fool will say Catholic worship Mary , ever heard of respect? how on earth can you love someone and disrespect his mother? the one who gave birth to your lord? tua. una dey mad? so you can marry someone who tells you straight I pee on your parents, I spit on them ,but hey I love u .right? god forbid , in fact Mbanu .bunch of illiterates , yet they try to put Catholics under their dirty umbrella aka Christians , I spit on that Christians shiat , Catholic are Catholic .period . protestants & co have nothing to with Catholic. they disrespect Jesus's mother , God's son mother and God's mother. shocked shocked shocked shocked, they don't recognize the authority of the pope, drink raisin syrup and eat bread as communion . pray too loud with senseless songs ..worship their pastors , more to come . tongue tongue tongue

protestants are soulless. bunch of savages, dirty and very backward .

OMG I just fell in love kiss cheesy

1 Like

Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by canalily(m): 1:00pm On Jul 14, 2013
Acidosis: Please I need your answers, brothers and sisters
Excus us bro, are you an anti-christ or anti-mary? Its lyke you are one of these
Re: In Jesus Name, All Knees Bow; In Mary's Name, What Happens? by euna05(f): 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2013
fr3do:

omo,this guy's arguement is sound
like seriously, åm loving this.this catholic pple won't hear åήd understand

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (62) (Reply)

Akin Alabi Blasts Adeboye Over Comment On Type Of People To Marry / Prophet Isa El-Buba: Atiku Will Win 2019 Presidential Election / Why Is TB Joshua Hiding In Mexico?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.