Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,814 members, 7,962,637 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 02:02 PM

One Small Question For Anti-catholics - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / One Small Question For Anti-catholics (4737 Views)

Catholic Bishops Attack Father Mbaka For Anti-jonathan Prophecies. / The Solemnnity Of Christ The King, All Catholics Please Stand Up!!! / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by SalC: 10:19am On Apr 13, 2013
@rotas U seem to know much about occultism.How did u come to know dat catholics jehova's witnesses and adventists are occultic if u are nt a member of thesame occult group. Pls let's try to discuss in a way that is pleasing to God. Since we are trying to spread his gospel.
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by mumumugu(m): 10:44am On Apr 13, 2013
rotas: u dont need graven image.thou shall not serve any graven image before me.i wonder why images shd be placed in d churches.idolatory.
. Hmm. IS A PICTURE OR PHOTOGRAPH NOT AN IMAGE, WHY DO ALL CHRIST EMBASSY CHURCH HAVE PASTOR CHRIS PICTURE IN THEIR CHURCH,BY THE GATE AND EVEN IN STICKERS
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by chillykelly86(m): 6:46am On Apr 14, 2013
rotas: u dont need graven image.thou shall not serve any graven image before me.i wonder why images shd be placed in d churches.idolatory.
I don't subscribe to that. What is the need? Spirit has more to do with the unseen rather than the seen. Consider the Spiritual - God, Heaven, Angels, Devil, demons, etc - they are unseen. So, graven images will only tend to make you concentrate on the seen.
And that brings into context what Jesus said, "these people will be ever hearing(physical) but never understanding(spiritual), ever seeing(physical) but never perceiving(spiritual)...Matthew 13:13-15.
What do you think Jesus meant when He said, in John 6:63 that The words I have spoken to you are spirit?
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by sam2323(m): 10:10am On Apr 14, 2013
pls all dis anti-catholic shud face their own church and leave catholic
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 11:33am On Apr 15, 2013
rotas: @italo.i now know that u know little about d religion u ar following.point of note saints are said to be dead pple in christ which is wrong.im a saint yet alive.ur dead religion is disturbing ur reasoning.no dead saint or angel will ever pray 4u.not even Mary.stop decieving urself.pray to Jesus directly.or i wl help u talk to Jesus.dont look for dead saint.saul looked for soccerer to call d dead samuel so as to interceed.it caused d death of saul d nxt day.dat is why catholics ar dead today.

Jesus said "he who believes in me will never die"

Sadly, you think they are dead...but we will believe Jesus, not you.
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 11:40am On Apr 15, 2013
chillykelly86:
I don't subscribe to that. What is the need? Spirit has more to do with the unseen rather than the seen. Consider the Spiritual - God, Heaven, Angels, Devil, demons, etc - they are unseen. So, graven images will only tend to make you concentrate on the seen.
And that brings into context what Jesus said, "these people will be ever hearing(physical) but never understanding(spiritual), ever seeing(physical) but never perceiving(spiritual)...Matthew 13:13-15.
What do you think Jesus meant when He said, in John 6:63 that The words I have spoken to you are spirit?

But the images we use draw our minds to heavenly things.

Or are you going to tell us that our minds is not being drawn to heavenly things?

That would mean you are God who sees the mind. No?
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by chillykelly86(m): 4:42pm On Apr 15, 2013
italo:

But the images we use draw our minds to heavenly things.

Or are you going to tell us that our minds is not being drawn to heavenly things?

That would mean you are God who sees the mind. No?

Please make out time to study I Corinthians 2:6-16 - {Excerpts}...The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no-one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God(NIV)
If any man has the Spirit of God in him and the Spirit(Who searches all things,including men's hearts) has determined to reveal unto that person what is in a man's heart, that man is said to have discernment. Summarily, it is possible for a man to discern what another man has hidden in his heart.
Example in the early church:- Peter's encounter with Ananias and Saphira.

And if you are sincerely not interested in unnecessary argument, why would you generalize? (But the images we use draw our minds to heavenly things.

Or are you going to tell us that our minds is not being drawn to heavenly things?) Are you speaking for everyone?
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by italo: 11:52pm On Apr 15, 2013
chillykelly86:

Please make out time to study I Corinthians 2:6-16 - {Excerpts}...The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no-one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God(NIV)
If any man has the Spirit of God in him and the Spirit(Who searches all things,including men's hearts) has determined to reveal unto that person what is in a man's heart, that man is said to have discernment. Summarily, it is possible for a man to discern what another man has hidden in his heart.
Example in the early church:- Peter's encounter with Ananias and Saphira.

And if you are sincerely not interested in unnecessary argument, why would you generalize? (But the images we use draw our minds to heavenly things.

Or are you going to tell us that our minds is not being drawn to heavenly things?) Are you speaking for everyone?

Please just answer the question. I never said "everyone's" hearts are drawn to heaventhings through the images "everyone" uses. I said "we." We could be 2, 3, 100 or even 1.2billion Catholics so please answer.

Will/can you tell us that our minds are not being drawn to heavenly things through the images?
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by Syncan(m): 9:52am On Apr 16, 2013
rotas: Catholics have been deeply rooted in occult. Jesuit,Knight of columbus,freemason.i know d secrets of roman catholic. ur freemason logo are everywhere. not only catholics anyway.Jehovah witnesses and seventh day adventist leaders are members of d new world order.:freemason....cain.he that hath an ear let him hear.

Rotas are you serious? Is it just these three groups? Please enlighten us more lest we make mistake grin
Re: One Small Question For Anti-catholics by sylve11: 10:55am On Apr 16, 2013
Italo and Tobechi ehn! sad angry grin cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Thought-provoking Questions About God / Photo: Christianity And Islam, Which One Preaches Peace? / The Revelation Story [ As John Might Have Told It Today ] - Jack Kelley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.