Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,123 members, 7,960,566 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 04:27 AM

OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum (44804 Views)

Unilorin 2013/2014 Direct Entry Candidates / Direct Entry Candidates 2013/2014. Let Us Meet Here / Oau Direct Entry Candidate 2012 Let Us Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by mhojyd(m): 7:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
OAU thanks so much for the admission,
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by HARDUBUY(m): 7:46pm On Nov 16, 2013
Qualcoms: I am still wondering what is happening...distinctn frm polyib...yet OAU is stil doing like diz...ha...God, help us !!! One annoying thing is dat...as jamb released diz now...OAU won't say anything, keeping candidates waiting n hanging on unbalance balance...they wil only release d list on sch website e-portal when it pleases them...mehn...Nigeria Education....God!!!

bro, the thing is somebody once told me that DE admission in OAU is not by MERIT, it's by who you know. if u have an ND of 3.0 ; ur olevel and have strong connection then admision for such a candidate is certain.
am talking frm a confirmed source.
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by Empiremate(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
Admission GRANTED! Gracias Jehovah
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by petrog: 10:36pm On Nov 16, 2013
Pls, any info about anoda DE list? Na wa oooo
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by hormorht(m): 4:07pm On Nov 17, 2013
Guyz....plz aw do i chk it oo....cos av bin tryin 2 since ooo....notin dey cm out
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by hormorht(m): 5:39pm On Nov 17, 2013
Dnt get it twisted....guyz...d tin izz real ooo...OAU dn gv me admission oo.....jst chk am nw nw...
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by Ghydyon(m): 7:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
hormorht: Dnt get it twisted....guyz...d tin izz real ooo...OAU dn gv me admission oo.....jst chk am nw nw...
sorry to say u re sleepin o bicycle if u dint believe it
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by lillies: 8:20pm On Nov 17, 2013
D.E in faculty of Tech. Is 4 years. I.e 4 elect/chem/mse/agric/mech/comp/civil.
D.E is by merit, so if u have a gp of 3.7 dont be too certain because about 50 people can have a gp of 3.80 above. And if only 10 slots available some1 with a gp of 3.7 is almost out of the game. Ur o level doesnt count here, na durin faculty clearance dey go demand that one. Nobdy luks at it wen givin u admisn, OAU EXPECTS YOU TO HAVE YOUR O'LEVEL ALREADY!
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by lat4real: 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2013
is there anybody who apply to education department that has confirmed his/her admission?
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by HARDUBUY(m): 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
lillies: D.E in faculty of Tech. Is 4 years. I.e 4 elect/chem/mse/agric/mech/comp/civil.
D.E is by merit, so if u have a gp of 3.7 dont be too certain because about 50 people can have a gp of 3.80 above. And if only 10 slots available some1 with a gp of 3.7 is almost out of the game. Ur o level doesnt count here, na durin faculty clearance dey go demand that one. Nobdy luks at it wen givin u admisn, OAU EXPECTS YOU TO HAVE YOUR O'LEVEL ALREADY!

Helloooo. note, not only ur grade counts even the school one finishes from is of great importance. you dont compare a cgpa of 3.8 from one lowly rated state polythecnic with a 3.5 from a reputable school like yabatech, ilaro, auchi poly, poly ibadan etc.am sorry to say, preference is given to skools named above. The fact is, you dont even get to see many applicant with a very high cgp of 3.7(distinction) and above all chasing a particular department at the same time. OAU still needs to get it right wen it comes to d.e admission. they are not transparent in their processes, i stand to be corrrected.
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by tosnat: 4:18am On Nov 18, 2013
lillies: D.E in faculty of Tech. Is 4 years. I.e 4 elect/chem/mse/agric/mech/comp/civil.

Sorry oo, But Where are the 50 people coming from?
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by lillies: 5:08am On Nov 18, 2013
tosnat:

Sorry oo, But Where are the 50 people coming from?

lol, u are not the only applicant. Just takd a trip 2 utilities (dsa blck) u wil receive a life time shock due 2 d amt of transcrpt u wil find dia. Durin my time, 5yrs ago, abt 400 people applied 4 accounting alone. Yes, u heard me, 400 people!
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by idoghorluck(m): 5:19am On Nov 18, 2013
lillies:

lol, u are not the only applicant. Just takd a trip 2 utilities (dsa blck) u wil receive a life time shock due 2 d amt of transcrpt u wil find dia. Durin my time, 5yrs ago, abt 400 people applied 4 accounting alone. Yes, u heard me, 400 people!
. Are you sure that OAU will not paste a different list from the one in jamb website?. because, it seems that the list pasted by jamb does not favour many persons.
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by lillies: 5:29am On Nov 18, 2013
HARDUBUY:

Helloooo. note, not only ur grade counts even the school one finishes from is of great importance. you dont compare a cgpa of 3.8 from one lowly rated state polythecnic with a 3.5 from a reputable school like yabatech, ilaro, auchi poly, poly ibadan etc.am sorry to say, preference is given to skools named above. The fact is, you dont even get to see many applicant with a very high cgp of 3.7(distinction) and above all chasing a particular department at the same time. OAU still needs to get it right wen it comes to d.e admission. they are not transparent in their processes, i stand to be corrrected.
young man relax, b4 my time(5yr ago) oau accepts applications 4m al schs (private and govt.) it was durin my time dy stopd acptn private schs applicatn, strictly govt. (state/fed) schs. Dnt b dcvd dia is no preferential treatmnt given to any sch. Its al rumour, it does nt exist, dia is notin like dat! All nabteb aprovd schs are equal. And if i may ask u, wat criteria did u use in classifyn some polytchncs as low rate? Becos dey r state poly? U must b a funny person. 4 d record, people 4m oda schs hav KILLER gps of 3.9 above. D fact dat u havnt seen any or dnt hv such doesnt mean it does nt exist! Anytm u com arnd oau campus, take a trip 2 faculty of tech. Chck out d roll of honours dia, brother it is jaw dropping, u wl c guys wt 4.97 abve! If a man born of a woman can get a cgpa of 4.97 in OAU, den 3.97 shldnt b an issue my brother. Wat dptmnt did u aply 2?
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by lillies: 5:46am On Nov 18, 2013
idoghor luck: . Are you sure that OAU will not paste a different list from the one in jamb website?. because, it seems that the list pasted by jamb does not favour many persons.
during my time, it wasnt one list that was releasd, although i was on the 1st list but many people i knw saw dia names on subsequent list, even a day b4 matric, dats d one dy cal vc list or short fall list. Bt as d name goes(vc list) whch is bn releasd hours b4 matric, i cnt say its 100% merit. There is a list i saw last month at d faculty of tech, it loks new and fresh bt dia was no date on it, so i cnt tel if it is 4 ds session, bt i used dat same notice board in aug. and dat list was nt dia, so u c d confusn.
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by wilsonwilson(m): 7:22am On Nov 18, 2013
Has anyone confirmed from the school/ dept if all the dept already their list of the jamb site and secondly can one check from the dept to confirm the list cos frm the oda trend there were a kind of controversy regarding the authenticity of those who are already celebrating their admission though i know i wld also join soonest to sing for joy.
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by kunzy05: 7:42am On Nov 18, 2013
wilson.wilson:
Has anyone confirmed from the school/ dept if all the dept already their list of the jamb site and secondly can one check from the dept to confirm the list cos frm the oda trend there were a kind of controversy regarding the authenticity of those who are already celebrating their admission though i know i wld also join soonest to sing for joy.

I think u apply to college of health, try to confirm at provost office to b on a safer side. I believe college admission is different oo my brother. Very strict, they can't just upload anyhow.
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by lillies: 7:48am On Nov 18, 2013
kunzy05: .

I think u apply to college of health, try to confirm at provost office to b on a safer side. I believe college admission is different oo my brother. Very strict, they can't just upload anyhow.
the college does not offer admisn 2 anybody, the university does! By the way, where do you guys get all these ideas from?
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by kunzy05: 8:41am On Nov 18, 2013
lillies:
the college does not offer admisn 2 anybody, the university does! By the way, where do you guys get all these ideas from?
lillies:
lillies:
Guy, all transcripts and necessary credentials are already move to various faculties for screening, mind u admission officials can't do screening to de students, that's wat I want u to know. Now referring to faculty of health, if u apply to medicine as de, ur transcripts and credentials would b forwarded to provost office for screening. But top official can av a slot, but is provost office dat will do d screening my brother. They will just forwarded the admitted candidates to admission office from provost office for recording and pasting of d list. Mind u provost office will copy of theirs.
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by lillies: 9:42am On Nov 18, 2013
kunzy05:
Guy, all transcripts and necessary credentials are already move to various faculties for screening, mind u admission officials can't do screening to de students, that's wat I want u to know. Now referring to faculty of health, if u apply to medicine as de, ur transcripts and credentials would b forwarded to provost office for screening. But top official can av a slot, but is provost office dat will do d screening my brother. They will just forwarded the admitted candidates to admission office from provost office for recording and pasting of d list. Mind u provost office will copy of theirs.
oga have u passed through this process before? Or you are repeating what someone told you? Are u aware that after dptmental screening, faculty deans/provost vet the list, dat means removal/addition of names before the university itself releases the names? Well, it obvious you dont knw hw the school is structured and its very clear you dont understand what the 'university' is in this context. I pray u gt admitd this session, only then wil d undrstanding b clear. 4 those who havnt seen dia names, i strongly advse u shld check utillities blck (som wia at dsa) becus xomtimes, transcripts gets stuckd up dia 4 stupid reasons, imagn ur transcrpt nt bn procsd becus u studied elect n applyn 4 mech. Sometmes the letters NQ (nt qualified) wil b writn on ur transcrpt 4 no reasn. So just go and chck u neva can tel. It hapnd 2 me!
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by HARDUBUY(m): 10:07am On Nov 18, 2013
lillies:
young man relax, b4 my time(5yr ago) oau accepts applications 4m al schs (private and govt.) it was durin my time dy stopd acptn private schs applicatn, strictly govt. (state/fed) schs. Dnt b dcvd dia is no preferential treatmnt given to any sch. Its al rumour, it does nt exist, dia is notin like dat! All nabteb aprovd schs are equal. And if i may ask u, wat criteria did u use in classifyn some polytchncs as low rate? Becos dey r state poly? U must b a funny person. 4 d record, people 4m oda schs hav KILLER gps of 3.9 above. D fact dat u havnt seen any or dnt hv such doesnt mean it does nt exist! Anytm u com arnd oau campus, take a trip 2 faculty of tech. Chck out d roll of honours dia, brother it is jaw dropping, u wl c guys wt 4.97 abve! If a man born of a woman can get a cgpa of 4.97 in OAU, den 3.97 shldnt b an issue my brother. Wat dptmnt did u aply 2?
see guy, the thing is i dont want us to start exchanging words on this thread. i understand ur point. what u are saying(many people having a highly rated distinctive grade at d same time and in d same dpartment) really HARDLY OCCURES. but seems u dont get mine which is the fact.....see it below.

Helloooo. note, not only ur grade
counts even the school one
finishes from is of great
importance. you dont compare a
cgpa of 3.8 from one lowly rated
state polythecnic with a 3.5 from
a reputable school like yabatech,
ilaro, auchi poly, poly ibadan
etc.am sorry to say, preference is
given to skools named above.
The fact is, you dont even get to
see many applicant with a very
high cgp of 3.7(distinction) and
above all chasing a particular
department at the same time.
OAU still needs to get it right wen
it comes to d.e admission. they
are not transparent in their
processes, i stand to be
corrrected.

Answer to ur question is.... i applied for elect/elect. from yabatech with 3.63/4.00.

one more thing, i know people frm kwara state poly, laspotech and even osun state poly, bori poly in PH. etc that av been treated unfairly when it comes to d.e admission.
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by kunzy05: 10:50am On Nov 18, 2013
lillies: oga have u passed through this process before? Or you are repeating what someone told you? Are u aware that after dptmental screening, faculty deans/provost vet the list, dat means removal/addition of names before the university itself releases the names? Well, it obvious you dont knw hw the school is structured and its very clear you dont understand what the 'university' is in this context. I pray u gt admitd this session, only then wil d undrstanding b clear. 4 those who havnt seen dia names, i strongly advse u shld check utillities blck (som wia at dsa) becus xomtimes, transcripts gets stuckd up dia 4 stupid reasons, imagn ur transcrpt nt bn procsd becus u studied elect n applyn 4 mech. Sometmes the letters NQ (nt qualified) wil b writn on ur transcrpt 4 no reasn. So just go and chck u neva can tel. It hapnd 2 me!
lillies: oga have u passed through this process before? Or you are repeating what someone told you? Are u aware that after dptmental screening, faculty deans/provost vet the list, dat means removal/addition of names before the university itself releases the names? Well, it obvious you dont knw hw the school is structured and its very clear you dont understand what the 'university' is in this context. I pray u gt admitd this session, only then wil d undrstanding b clear. 4 those who havnt seen dia names, i strongly advse u shld check utillities blck (som wia at dsa) becus xomtimes, transcripts gets stuckd up dia 4 stupid reasons, imagn ur transcrpt nt bn procsd becus u studied elect n applyn 4 mech. Sometmes the letters NQ (nt qualified) wil b writn on ur transcrpt 4 no reasn. So just go and chck u neva can tel. It hapnd 2 me!
Ore, we are saying d same thing, I said d list has to passed through dean/ provost before d school release d list. Mind u I know wat am saying, okay! Am a graduate of UI and Currently working in one university now. So am not new in d system.
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by tomtyte02(m): 11:34am On Nov 18, 2013
please guys whats OAU websites address to check when the admission list is been released??
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by tosnat: 11:48am On Nov 18, 2013
lillies:

Well said..4.97 implies that the student must have had an A in about 6 out of 7 courses Or 7 out of 8 courses in the university,impressive But I ask you one question,have you graced the four walls of the polytechnic? And what do you have to say about the grading system?..3.6 in yabatech shows that you probably had an A in 10 out of 11 courses..now what happens is that you have A1 in some and A2 in some,That's Where the ish lies.at the university, A1 is A,A2 is also A..5 points straight up..unlike 4.0 and 3.5 respectively in the polytechnic....

Correct Me Please,But I feel a cgpa of 3.63 should be appreciated..I also feel that if you can have such in a polytechnic of high standard like yabatech,then nothing stops you from having 5.00 at least 4 out of eight semesters...

1 Like

Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by Florblu(f): 11:55am On Nov 18, 2013
Abegii stop all dis arguements.for those sayin d list is fake,sit down @home til ur GLORY paste d original list.
Pls wen wil d 2nd batch b pasted?or wil sum names be included in d list on d jamb site wen finally pasted @d notice board?
I studied pub admin @ibd poly nd my G.P is 4.22,i applied 4pub admin.wonderin y my name wasnt on dt list.i think u knw am qualify 2b on d merit list without any CONNECTION?
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by tosnat: 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
It's supposed to be educative...interactive.. not just an argument..
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by Amoxdave: 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
hello,Please friends is d green form still on.. hope I can still meet up to fill d form. av done my transcripts abt two months ago... Please help I need urgent response..
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by lillies: 2:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Hey guys relax, the guy talking abt exchangn words, relax too! It hasnt gotn 2 dat stage and dont expect me to throw tantrums online with you. I really do nt hav a business on this thread outside given info 2 help green horns. Our problem is that when people tell us the truth we dont listen. Did u knw that limited number of slot is available for admisn n2 part 2 in ife. Are u aware that we have about 4 groups dat are fightn 4 dat slot? Nt jst OND guys, we have guys wt A'level, internal transfer and external transfer. Al this group are fightn 4 d same slot. My guys, people dey wt killer gp o! Wit a gp of 3.2, u are good 2 go but wat abt if some1 has a 3.4? S/he wil b pickd b4 u! Ur sentiment wont change nada. I repeat 4 d fact dat u havnt seen this 'MAD' gps doesnt mean it doesnt exist. If u havnt seen ur name, i suggest u go to utillities, go and verify if ur transcript was marked 'NQ', it happens like dat 4 no reason sometimes. U cn also chck d senate buildn, verify if it wasnt left out wen odas wia bn sent 2 utilities. Sh.it hapens, u neva can tel. Instead of lookin 4 som1 2 banter wt on NL, run 2 sch and checkout wat went wrong wt ur aplctn, ASUU strike wont dìstrb you. As 4 d guy dat had 3.6, i feel ur pain, bt pls dnt relax, go 2 campus and chk out, trace ur transcrpt and meet wt ur hod, i did dat durin my time, dont bank on ur cgpa, mistakes happens, u neva can tell. As 4 d dude askn if i hav eva bn 2 d poly. Yes sir, i have bn dia and i tell you OAU is not business as usual.
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by lillies: 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2013
Amoxdave: hello,Please friends is d green form still on.. hope I can still meet up to fill d form. av done my transcripts abt two months ago... Please help I need urgent response..
d green form is no longer in use. Al u nid 2 do is 2 submt ur transcrpt at d senate buildn, (regstr offce) and submt ur jamb de printout and wassce/ond statemnt of result photocpy at the new senate buildn (admsn offce), nw dis is wia so many get it wrong: make sure u kip an eye on ur transcrpt movemnt, all chck utillities (at dsa) to knw wen ur transcrpt arrves dia, be careful 2 knw if ur transcrpt survives d screening at that point, if it does u wil be told d day it leaves 4 ur faculty, at d faculty level make sure it is bn sent to ur dptment. If it gets 2 ur dptment, d proces wil repeat it self but in reverse manner bt tracking it in dis manner is almost impossible. So dnt wory abt d reverse tracking, u should be more concernd abt d forwd trackn. I tel u, if ur transcrpt doesnt reach ur dptmnt or leave utillities it wont be a nice xperience. U must track it and pray abt it. Hope this helps
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by Amoxdave: 2:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
@lillies thanks bro I apprecaiate ...
hop its not too late... am taking my leave early tmao morning to ife for d Other procedures.
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by lillies: 2:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
Amoxdave: @lillies thanks bro I apprecaiate ...
hop its not too late... am taking my leave early tmao morning to ife for d Other procedures.
no wahala, u r welcm. I cnt say if its late or nt, am nt on grnd 2 verify dat. Bt i helpd som1 in submitn his papers in d first wk of oct, a dy b4 nasu strike. If u are a guy, just dnt wory urslf abt traveln up and dwn 2 avoid much tfare cost and 9ja road risk, just go 2 awo hall and introduc ur self 2 any studnt in the hall, they wil alow u 2 bunk wit dem for as long as u wish yl u kp processn ur papers. Goodluck!
Re: OAU Direct Entry Candidates' Forum by Amoxdave: 3:16pm On Nov 18, 2013
@lillies ar u on bbm or whatsapp.. if u are send me ur pin/phone no..
fanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

How I Survived Last Semester” – University Student Hides Soup Inside Toothpaste / Let The Poor Breath: Innoson Demands Investigation Into Mmesoma's JAMB Results / New Theatre Arts Students Of UNICAL Had Their Induction (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.