Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,863 members, 7,962,822 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:30 PM

Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians (17198 Views)

Photo Of A Baker Sleeping On Piles Of "Agege Bread" / How To Cook Ewa Agoyin / Ewa Agoyin Lovers (how To prepare It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by nosike3(m): 10:02am On Apr 17, 2013
You guys should shut up and this trashy thread closed.. The environment in which the beans is cooked is always so dirty and unhygenic.. Coupled with the fact that the bromate filled bread produced from one substandard local bakery.. I was born in lagos and I tell u wholeheartedly that there is nothing fascinating about that meal...
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by EmmyDe25(m): 10:08am On Apr 17, 2013
D weddin wey i attend last week sat for LTV8 wey pple dey chop rice, amala, iyan, moi-moi nd d rest, na Ewa Agoyin me i chop. D meal correct no be smal.
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by apacheguy: 10:09am On Apr 17, 2013
Lilimax: But you have Kirishi and Fura de nunu at your disposal. Make do with them nah.
Kilishi, fura & and nunu, dey r in different classes, there's no way u wld take dem at regular intervals lyk u take ewa agoyin wt agege bread...ewa agoyin is incomparable jooooooooor

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by avuekwe(f): 10:10am On Apr 17, 2013
You guys should shut up and this trashy thread closed.. The environment in which the beans is cooked is always so dirty and unhygenic.. Coupled with the fact that the bromate filled bread produced from one substandard local bakery.. I was born in lagos and I tell u wholeheartedly that there is nothing fascinating about that meal

Well, for me and my family, we didn't care about how it was prepared. Mum was a single working mum and that meal was a life saver. Morning-ewa agoyin and bread or boiled yam
Afternoon-ewa agoyin with garri soaked in water and sugar. It was the cheapest meal back then all foor 10 naira

2 Likes

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Lilimax(f): 10:11am On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin STILL LIVING TILL YOU KEEL OVER AT THE AGE OF 40 FROM CLOGGED UP BOWELS FROM ALL THE REFINED WHITE FLOUR grin
Can't fathom your comment . Come again please
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 10:12am On Apr 17, 2013
Lilimax: Can't fathom your comment . Come again please
ITS A LOT OF THINGS YOU CANT FATHOM. ITS A WONDER YOU KNOW HOW TO READ *SMDH* grin
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Lilimax(f): 10:12am On Apr 17, 2013
avuekwe: You guys should shut up and this trashy thread closed.. The environment in which the beans is cooked is always so dirty and unhygenic.. Coupled with the fact that the bromate filled bread produced from one substandard local bakery.. I was born in lagos and I tell u wholeheartedly that there is nothing fascinating about that meal

So are you trying to say that one cannot cook this type of beans at home . For the people that dosen't like Agege bread, garri or pap is another option. How about that

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by apacheguy: 10:13am On Apr 17, 2013
bidex: well, its not available in the rich people zone because good food is not meant for the rich people. good food is for the poor. we enjoy it daily at Osodi, Ajegunle, Bariga, Somolu, Mushin and many more hoodlums. All the rich knows to eat is fatty food. but we poor eats balanced diet. check out the combination
beans.... rich in protein
bread, yam or garry.... rich in carborhydrate
the stew....... rich in ion
plantain....... rich in vitamins
the oil........ rich in fat
and the accossories are not left out such as kpomo, bone marrow etc.
I LOVE EWA AGANYIN
Orie wa nbe joor!

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by bestower: 10:15am On Apr 17, 2013
To those who have not eaten ewa agonyin with agege bread,infact,u don loose big time.u beta try to find where the delicacy is still selling fast to have a taste before u go afterlife.

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Lilimax(f): 10:16am On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: grin grin STILL LIVING TILL YOU KEEL OVER AT THE AGE OF 40 FROM CLOGGED UP BOWELS FROM ALL THE REFINED WHITE FLOUR grin
What do you mean by 'till you keel over'
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 10:18am On Apr 17, 2013
Lilimax: What do you mean by 'till you keel over'
YOU NEVER HEARD THE SAYING 'KEEL OVER AND DIE' ? http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/keel+over wink
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Tunjman(m): 10:19am On Apr 17, 2013
bidex: well, its not available in the rich people zone because good food is not meant for the rich people. good food is for the poor. we enjoy it daily at Osodi, Ajegunle, Bariga, Somolu, Mushin and many more hoodlums. All the rich knows to eat is fatty food. but we poor eats balanced diet. check out the combination
beans.... rich in protein
bread, yam or garry.... rich in carborhydrate
the stew....... rich in ion
plantain....... rich in vitamins
the oil........ rich in fat
and the accossories are not left out such as kpomo, bone marrow etc.
I LOVE EWA AGANYIN

And the poor don't refrigerate soup for weeks

3 Likes

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by apacheguy: 10:21am On Apr 17, 2013
Tunjman: During my secondary school days, we called it burger. The sellers were always together, we would buy the bread and split it into two equal parts and we would ask the bean seller to sell ewa agonyin in the middle of the split bread..#Omo you go fear sandwich#
Guy u sabi d thin jare, u wont bliv it, d white guys in my school then wld send d cleaners to go get d ewa agoyin burger, it makes them remember burger itself

2 Likes

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Lilimax(f): 10:22am On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: wink
Thanks! wink

2 Likes

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by chucky234(m): 10:22am On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: AGEGE BREAD IS NASTY. WENT TO THIS WOMANS SHOP TO HAVE A LOOK AT THIS HIGHLY FAVORED AGEGE BREAD THAT NIGERIANS LOVE TO TALK ABOUT. JUST THE LOOK ALONE PUT ME OFF. LOOKS VERY WHITE AND UNHEALTHY. I AM MORE INTO SEEDED BROWN WHOLEMEAL SPROUTED BREAD.
See Ajegunle man wey dey hawk handkerchiefs for go slow dey form big for NL sha,
Wholemeal ko,butter bread ni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 17, 2013
chucky234: See Ajegunle man wey dey hawk handkerchiefs for go slow dey form big for NL sha,
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by apacheguy: 10:25am On Apr 17, 2013
bestower: To those who have not eaten ewa agonyin with agege bread,infact,u don loose big time.u beta try to find where the delicacy is still selling fast to have a taste before u go afterlife.
Seconded
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Lilimax(f): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2013
chucky234: See Ajegunle man wey dey hawk handkerchiefs for go slow dey form big for NL sha,
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by chucky234(m): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2013
avuekwe: You guys should shut up and this trashy thread closed.. The environment in which the beans is cooked is always so dirty and unhygenic.. Coupled with the fact that the bromate filled bread produced from one substandard local bakery.. I was born in lagos and I tell u wholeheartedly that there is nothing fascinating about that meal

Well, for me and my family, we didn't care about how it was prepared. Mum was a single working mum and that meal was a life saver. Morning-ewa agoyin and bread or boiled yam
Afternoon-ewa agoyin with garri soaked in water and sugar. It was the cheapest meal back then all foor 10 naira
Thank God say after forming neatness you admit say agoying beans saved you and your family,imagine na even garri and sugar una dey use knack am.
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Lilimax(f): 10:26am On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: cheesy
grin grin grin
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 17, 2013
I dnt rily lyk beans,but the day i tasted ewa aganyin in colabo with agege bread....mhen dat food sweet die! Op u just made me rem it o. Lemme ask my gate man were he buys it

2 Likes

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 10:28am On Apr 17, 2013
Lilimax: grin grin grin
SEE AS THE GUY MAN FINISH MY LIFE WITH THAT POST grin grin
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by coolchimex: 10:28am On Apr 17, 2013
Chei! Bros you go make me dream of Ewa Agoyin this night oh! grin Seriously speaking, Ewa Agoyin was (and still is a unique delicacy).
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by johnwizey: 10:31am On Apr 17, 2013
*in search of ewa aganyin wit agege bread*
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by sobastical: 10:31am On Apr 17, 2013
Rap maestro: D thing dey sweet gaan.. Infact na im i dey chop now.

Chai, I don miss this thing gan ooo.
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by sobastical: 10:33am On Apr 17, 2013
O boy! No be small thing oo secondary school days, working hours, I remember then the whole office would be smelling of it when my junior bought some for me. Kai na wa ooz, how time flies.

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 17, 2013
There's a place called Ewa Agoyin Palace in school. They only sell beans there. Beans and bread, beans and garri, beans and pap e.t.c although I have never eaten from them but I heard its the best

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by chucky234(m): 10:39am On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: SEE AS THE GUY MAN FINISH MY LIFE WITH THAT POST grin grin
I forget say I dey see you for Mile 2 go slow if I dey drive pass
LMAO
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by sobastical: 10:40am On Apr 17, 2013
poshdiva: There's a place called Ewa Agoyin Palace in school. They only sell beans there. Beans and bread, beans and garri, beans and pap e.t.c although I have never eaten from them but I heard its the best

Its either your missing or missed something...
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by spyroxy1(m): 10:40am On Apr 17, 2013
Back in d days waiting for NYSC call up.... Hmm I chop this thing tire!
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by sylve11: 10:40am On Apr 17, 2013
I missed the stuff sha sad cool
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by sobastical: 10:42am On Apr 17, 2013
chucky234: I forget say I dey see you for Mile 2 go slow if I dey drive pass
LMAO

Me wey I see you dey park come dey hustle for the stuff nko?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? / Lagos Traffic And Snack That Get Consumed!!! / Please How Can 'ofe Akwu' Be Prepared? What Are The Ingredients?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.