Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,863 members, 7,962,822 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 05:29 PM

Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians (17197 Views)

Photo Of A Baker Sleeping On Piles Of "Agege Bread" / How To Cook Ewa Agoyin / Ewa Agoyin Lovers (how To prepare It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Omen100(m): 10:42am On Apr 17, 2013
the best collable of all time.

3 Likes

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by babestell(f): 10:50am On Apr 17, 2013
I beg to differ, Ewa Agoyin is not a meal of the past nor is it fading. When I was in lagos, i attended a lot of occasions where it was served on the menu. There is no rule that says it must be eaten with Agege bread, now that most people are more aware of the health issues they eat it with other brands of bread or with pap, plaintain or yam. I even eat it by itself and I prepare it at home too.

But if anyone knows where they sell it in Port harcourt please share. I know some people who need that info grin
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 17, 2013
sobastical:

Its either your missing or missed something...

Lol. I stopped eating it cos it makes me sleep. I usually crave it during exam period. After eating it before a particular exam, I had to battle with sleep in the exam hall. It wasn't funny. Swore never to eat it again.

It makes me sleep like a fool

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 17, 2013
chucky234: I forget say I dey see you for Mile 2 go slow if I dey drive pass
LMAO
grin grin grin NO LET OUT ALL MY SECRET BROS. I DEY ON MY KNEES DEY BEG YOU grin grin
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by buklan4realyah(f): 10:52am On Apr 17, 2013
my favourite den, like Ewa agonyi like crazy.

my nick name den was "AGONYI ELEWA"

Dose daz rocks!!!

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Ike77503(m): 10:54am On Apr 17, 2013
poshDIVA...i swear you no lie...everytime i eat the thing no matter what time of day it is....sleep must catch me...but i dey know when to eat am, if not yawa don gas ...because i dey sleep well after ewa-agoyin and bread...
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by wellmax(m): 10:54am On Apr 17, 2013
Bread and Bean...Trusted partnership

6 Likes

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Ike77503(m): 10:55am On Apr 17, 2013
guy u too funny ...love the pics above...

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by buklan4realyah(f): 10:58am On Apr 17, 2013
Tunjman: During my secondary school days, we called it burger. The sellers were always together, we would buy the bread and split it into two equal parts and we would ask the bean seller to sell ewa agonyin in the middle of the split bread..#Omo you go fear sandwich#

I SWEAR! combination yen bad gannnnnn
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Yeske2(m): 10:59am On Apr 17, 2013
Where do I get that in onitsha? Missed Lagos.
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by pofolo(m): 10:59am On Apr 17, 2013
i had that feeling last week and craved to eating it at the office having missed eating it ever since i got to ibadan,until our cleaner told me ders one woman that sells it at odo-ona elewe close to orita challenge, sharp -sharp na order with yam...................yummy yummy, now na daily affair oooooooooooo.
i love my ewa agoyin.
even took it with dodo @ one child naming i went to on monday.

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by sobastical: 11:00am On Apr 17, 2013
poshdiva:

Lol. I stopped eating it cos it makes me sleep. I usually crave it during exam period. After eating it before a particular exam, I had to battle with sleep in the exam hall. It wasn't funny. Swore never to eat it again.

It makes me sleep like a fool

Ahahahah, probable you had it with chill drinks so sorry sis. Next time take it when your@home but as for me it keeps me going cos after that I just need to be taking water for rest of the day.lol

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by sobastical: 11:04am On Apr 17, 2013
wellmax: Bread and Bean...Trusted partnership

Confirmento!!!
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by idriis: 11:05am On Apr 17, 2013
Akpa ife:
@ op ds ur topic no get head clik like if u tin so
mumu! Na B$B sure pass that time, 6-6 things cool
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 11:07am On Apr 17, 2013
bidex: well, its not available in the rich people zone because good food is not meant for the rich people. good food is for the poor. we enjoy it daily at Osodi, Ajegunle, Bariga, Somolu, Mushin and many more hoodlums. All the rich knows to eat is fatty food. but we poor eats balanced diet. check out the combination
beans.... rich in protein
bread, yam or garry.... rich in carborhydrate
the stew....... rich in ion
plantain....... rich in vitamins
the oil........ rich in fat
and the accossories are not left out such as kpomo, bone marrow etc.
I LOVE EWA AGANYIN
for those of us that are rich:
meat/fish/milk : rich in protein
butter: rich in fats
fruits: rich in vits and minerals
ofe nsala/ofe onugbu: rich in everything
ofe akwu and rice: balanced
shoprite bread: richer dan agege.
Isi ewu : rich in proteins,calcium,etc
fried rice wth meat/fish: i dont need to tell u
Even Ice cream is nutritious, though excess of it overtime is not good.
Who told u rich ppl only eat poor food. All plant proteins(eg beans) except soybeans are 2nd class proteins, dey are filled with nonessential amino acids with few essential ones. Animal proteins contain the ones ur body cant make on its own( hence essential)

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 17, 2013
Omen100: the best collable of all time.
THIS YOUR AGEGE BREAD DONT LOOK HEALTHY AT ALL. IT LOOKS LIKE POISON.

NOW HERE IS WHAT YOU CALL BREAD
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by sobastical: 11:12am On Apr 17, 2013
ngozievergreen:
for those of us that are rich:
meat/fish/milk : rich in protein
butter: rich in fats
fruits: rich in vits and minerals
ofe nsala/ofe onugbu: rich in everything
ofe akwu and rice: balanced
shoprite bread: richer dan agege.
Isi ewu : rich in proteins,calcium,etc
fried rice wth meat/fish: i dont need to tell u
Even Ice cream is nutritious, though excess of it overtime is not good.
Who told u rich ppl only eat poor food. All plant proteins(eg beans) except soybeans are 2nd class proteins, dey are filled with nonessential amino acids with few essential ones. Animal proteins contain the ones ur body cant make on its own( hence essential)

Let me check your profile to confirm sef
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Finland(m): 11:12am On Apr 17, 2013
semid4lyfe: Damn!

I miss Lagos like crazy
(
Like crazy? so you were once crazy and miss being crazy as well? grin
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Lagishan: 11:15am On Apr 17, 2013
All I can see here is that the middle class is growing fast in Nigeria
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 11:18am On Apr 17, 2013
Wat of Agidi jellof and condex ice cream?
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 11:19am On Apr 17, 2013
Those colourful locally made icecream
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 11:21am On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: THIS YOUR AGEGE BREAD DONT LOOK HEALTHY AT ALL. IT LOOKS LIKE POISON.

This b like Shit wey I throway for bush this morning grin after better shot-put

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 17, 2013
lynpetra:

This b like Shit wey I throway for bush this morning grin after better shot-put
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 11:28am On Apr 17, 2013
ALL HAIL D FIRST BB IN HISTORY OF INVENSION
BEFORE BLACKBERRY CAME OUT THERE WAS BB (BREAD N BEANS)!!!!
IN OBALENDE (ISLAND) WE CALL IT BB OR BABS. STILL D BEST

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 11:31am On Apr 17, 2013
nosike3: You guys should shut up and this trashy thread closed.. The environment in which the beans is cooked is always so dirty and unhygenic.. Coupled with the fact that the bromate filled bread produced from one substandard local bakery.. I was born in lagos and I tell u wholeheartedly that there is nothing fascinating about that meal...
u are the first lagosian that I will hear that from ever since my more than twenty years of life in lagos

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 11:32am On Apr 17, 2013
Una mess go com de smell like cabad lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by indomitable234: 11:45am On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: AGEGE BREAD IS NASTY. WENT TO THIS WOMANS SHOP TO HAVE A LOOK AT THIS HIGHLY FAVORED AGEGE BREAD THAT NIGERIANS LOVE TO TALK ABOUT. JUST THE LOOK ALONE PUT ME OFF. LOOKS VERY WHITE AND UNHEALTHY. I AM MORE INTO SEEDED BROWN WHOLEMEAL SPROUTED BREAD.

Mugu you wan tell us say na ur papa get money pass, they form wetin u no be
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Nobody: 12:15pm On Apr 17, 2013
sobastical:

Let me check your profile to confirm sef
Lol. Nsogbu adighi. No problem
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by obi123: 12:24pm On Apr 17, 2013
Joavid: I dnt rily lyk beans,but the day i tasted ewa aganyin in colabo with agege bread....mhen dat food sweet die! Op u just made me rem it o. Lemme ask my gate man were he buys it

you get am, i will always tell the gate man to be on the look out but he shld make sure that its not the bottom of the adogan type, he will assess it, he will ring the bell to give the verdict, i go come give am my plate

1 Like

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by Omen100(m): 12:26pm On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: THIS YOUR AGEGE BREAD DONT LOOK HEALTHY AT ALL. IT LOOKS LIKE POISON.

u just dey won show urself abI?, abeg park well joor. n u called dat nonsense tin u displayed healthy huh, if only u know how many families depend on "AGEGE BREAD" on daily basics, u go throw-way dat nonsense u called healthy bread angry angry angry angry angry

EWA AGONIYI & AGEGE BREAD, 2 MEGASTARS TRUSTED PARTNERS OF ALL TIME.

2 Likes

Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by obi123: 12:27pm On Apr 17, 2013
wellmax: Bread and Bean...Trusted partnership

just seeing them together is such a lovely sight
Re: Ewa Agoyin And Agege Bread: The Fading Delicacy Of Lagosians by lawizle(m): 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2013
obadiah777: AGEGE BREAD IS NASTY. WENT TO THIS WOMANS SHOP TO HAVE A LOOK AT THIS HIGHLY FAVORED AGEGE BREAD THAT NIGERIANS LOVE TO TALK ABOUT. JUST THE LOOK ALONE PUT ME OFF. LOOKS VERY WHITE AND UNHEALTHY. I AM MORE INTO SEEDED BROWN WHOLEMEAL SPROUTED BREAD.

Nah only you dey chop all ds kain bread? Na wa oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gas, Stove Or Firewood, Which Brings Out The Best Taste In Foods? / Lagos Traffic And Snack That Get Consumed!!! / Please How Can 'ofe Akwu' Be Prepared? What Are The Ingredients?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.