Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,082 members, 7,936,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 12:42 PM

Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? (24105 Views)

Photos: Is Jesus On His Way Back? / PHOTO: The "Real" Face Of Jesus Uncovered / The True Story Of Jesus On The Cross (the Gospel Of Barnabas) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by PECO4KING(m): 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
If he die for our sins then there is no need of creating hell fire.

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by 4tunebest(f): 3:03pm On Apr 23, 2013
That sacrifice is a very big deal. The death of Christ is significant because of the blood that was shed on that cross. That blood works wonders
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by EasternLeopard: 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
If u are told that d only way to cure an unrepentant man who raped ur mum, sisters, aunts, girlfriend, daughter and wife of HIV/AIDS, is by transfering d disease 4rm d man to u 4 no price. WILL YOU AGREE.? His death on d cross is a sign dat God loves us even when we dont luv God.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by hotwax: 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
smothly: your name suits you,you are indeed a mosquito that has nothing good to vomit but sickness(virus),if u have got nothing good to say about JESUS CHRIST then shut that stinking thing you calls mouth. Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeew BIGGEST FOOL

Must you answer these bigots?

This post changes nothing!
It doesnt change the fact that Christianity is the largest religion on earth.

It doesnt make any converts. Just normal rubish from bigots
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Annais(f): 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: u people with talk about the wrath of God and dis and dat, why has'nt the wrath of God fallen on all the evil leaders in this country who are making christian Nigerians go tru hell, or why has'nt the wrath of God fallen on the many voodoo pastors who perform miracles in the name of ur God, he should take care of the meSsed up situations he created before visiting his wrath on me, lol
Ecclesiastes 8:11-'Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.'
Verse 12:'Though a sinner does evil a hundred times, and his days are prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, who fear before him.'
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by uglybetty: 3:04pm On Apr 23, 2013
THE PERSON THAT POSTED THIS MUST BE A SADIST.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2013
PECO4KING: If he die for our sins then there is no need of creating hell fire.

Read John 3:16 again...

He died for your sins that whoever BELIEVE in him will not perish.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Rossikk(m): 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2013
The op's question would make sense if we could establish with evidence that a person by the name of Jesus Christ actually ever existed!!! I'm continually baffled by the number of people who simply assume, without investigation, that this guy actually lived on this earth. There's absolutely no proof of it.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Seyixyz: 3:06pm On Apr 23, 2013
OP,I pity ur pathetic lyf wen d curses start rollin in on u,ur family & generation..U tink u know hw 2 analyse & write abi..U wil write ur own dooms tale upon ur lyf

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by gmoney009(m): 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
@op is definitely not a christian. Now to explain the purpose of his death. In time past d people of God usually sacrifice rams to cleanse themselves of their sin. however it became a recurring ritual and it became needful for God 2 offer a once and for all offering. which presented itself as jesus who knew no sin. he was also crucified during the time d jews went to offer sacrifice for their sins. he became a once and 4 all sacrifice.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Apr 23, 2013
plaetton:

And what exactly was the purpose
For whose benefit?

And since then......?

Is there any evidence that Jesus left a better world than the one he met?
History tells us that the supposed coming and going of Jesus plunged the world in top the dark pits of war, genocides and intractable conflicts of every sort right to this day.
JESUS DID NOT COME TO LEAVE A BETTER WORLD. AT LEAST NOT IMMEDIATELY. HE CAME TO FORGIVE THE SINS OF THE RULERS OF THE NEXT WORLD ( THE ELECT). ONLY IN THE NEXT WORLD WOULD THERE BE PEACE. IN FACT BEFORE THAT PEACE COMES IT IS GOING TO GET VERY BAD. ARMAGEDDON WW3. SO I DONT THINK CHRIST SAID HE WAS COMING TO BRING PEACE. THATS YOUR OWN VAIN OPINION BRUV LOL
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Soso990240(m): 3:08pm On Apr 23, 2013
People should mind wot they post on dis forum.dnt jst argue wot u knw nothng about.anythng dat u dnt knw is bigger dan u.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by temihrt: 3:09pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: well since u guys claim to know everything, I would like to know why ur God created evil in the first place?

Well, In the book of genesis, it said; God saw that evreything was good. Now we humans were given the freedom n choice to choose btw good n evil to which human failed. Thats it where it all began.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
damosky12:

in Science the life of a Man comes from the spermatozua. Without the spermatozua, the baby is lifeless. So Jesus was born without spermatozua but by the Holyghost overshadowing a virgin and virginity in the old testament dipicts Holyness. The Life Jesus had was not a life from Man (but from the Holyghost) and he was born of a virgin (HOLY WOMAN). So, He was born Holy. Nobody was ever born that way not even John the baptist. Think about it! Any more questns?

You are not ashamed to say that your holy ghost raped a young woman.
Why would an omnipotent god need to violate a young woman in order to manifest in flesh?
Could he not have simply moulded Jesus from clay in the same way that he moulded Adam?

Just look how silly this looks.
God created man and woman with sex organs and hormones for the purpose of procreation. He told them to go out and multiply.
Then now, you are trying to tell us that god's created sex organs and sanctioned procreation method between a man and woman(the exchange of bodily fluids) are now sinful in the eyes of god? shocked

WTF are you people drinking?
Shizophren-ade?.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by chukxie(m): 3:10pm On Apr 23, 2013
We can never fully understand the ways of God no matter how educated, radicalized or ignorant we are. Let's stop trying to understand the deep things of God. Great scholars have since time immemorial tried the same thing only to find themselves entangled in a labyrinth. "God is spirit and those who seek Him must do so in spirit and in truth." What this means is that to have an understanding of who God is we must shed our ' I know it all' ideology for a ' I know nothing ' one.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by siffax(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
ninja4life: [
100000000 likes.lol at

100000000 likes.lol at begging himself in heaven not to allow d cruxifiction to happen like seriously let those trinitians to come and explain.u made good points about those african slaves most esp those born into slavery forced to work in plantation with their mouth locked for decades under whips and molestation imagine comparing wat those people suffered to wat d imaginary jesus suffered for JUST A DAY with wat those slaves suffered for DECADES and some are killed unjustly and dis is happening under d watch of d almighty God who loves everybody but cant save d africans.dats pure rubbish anyway i need a BLACK JESUS cheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesycheesy
thats the misery beyond human conprehension.U can't know all my friend.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Lenny5000(m): 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2013
bolaino: It's a question that should be answered with utmost sincerity, with all honesty and with no religious bias (but I doubt my christian folks will be able to do that).

But let's examine the death of jesus, christians from time immemorial have given us the illusion that it was the greatest and noblest thing any man or God could have done for his people, by paying the ultimate price, ( giving up his life),

But I chose to disagree, in the case of jesus, he is said to be God, and he created all things, having this knowledge how would coming to earth and dying and going back to splendor a big deal? I know of people who have gone through a lot worse for no reward at all, not to talk about jesus, who is supposed to be the beginning and the end, this should have been like a walk in the park for him.

But it was'nt, even knowing fully well that he was going to rise up again and be praised in heaven and on earth for all eternity, he was still scared, begging himself in heaven not to allow the whole thing happen.

Personally I would go through all jesus went through just to be given one billion dollars, I know of people who would go through same tin or even worse for less, did jesus suffer more than the slaves in america? Or did he suffer more than the people who were tortured and beaten to death, in places like cambodia, uganda, rwanda etc, the answer is No, so christians should stop saying how difficult it was for jesus to lay his life down for sinners.

Here is the point you are missing, even the bravest shivers at the thought of Death... No you wouldnt go through a gruesome death for all the money in the world. Some of the best trained marines break during torture so it is easier said than done.. Thant is me chipping in.. but still your post miss the point of Christ's death.. Bless
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by idriis: 3:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
Jesus question God: "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" - Mathew 27:46

2 Likes

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by gmoney009(m): 3:15pm On Apr 23, 2013
Rossikk: The op's question would make sense if we could establish with evidence that a person by the name of Jesus Christ actually ever existed!!! I'm continually baffled by the number of people who simply assume, without investigation, that this guy actually lived on this earth. There's absolutely no proof of it.
there's more than enough evidence that he existed. I have felt him and his power. Better embrace christ and watch him turn your life around.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
~vicky~:
Of course people on earth also go through great undeserving suffering and punishment on earth. But this is about our spiritual punishment and death. Everyone sins (even Christians) and the punishment for sin eternal hell. The only redemption for our sins is a pure sacrifice. (Previously, a lamb was a common sacrifice for sins due to its purity and innocence.)

Jesus was the only human who was sinless, and could, therefore, make a sinless sacrifice for all of us who are sinful. Additionally, because He was sinless He would never be punished or need to make a sacrifice. Yet He went through all of that torture in our place because of His love for us and God's grace. Hope that helps.

for those saying how is it a big deal,the greatest sacrifice one can give is their life. POW'S and victims of psychopaths did not give themselves over to torture, they did not sacrifice themselves. not to say that they're pain meant nothing because it wasn't their choice.

How do you know that he was sinless?.
Is anger not a sin?
Clearly, we saw a display of great anger from jesus when he attacked the money changers in the temple.
Not being able to control our negative emotions, is that t not a sin?
How about having a special love for one of his disclples and kissing one of his disciples? Would that not be considered a sin?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by omoredia: 3:17pm On Apr 23, 2013
so seun the islamist permits my sacred religion to be ridiculed? dont say anything offensive to Jesus Christ on this section is where am at nw!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by ATMC(f): 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
991:

the biblical god was enil while satan was enki. thats their only different, they were both alien scientists from planet nibiru. according to the sumerien mythology from where the bible was extracted and rewritten by emperor Constantine, king james and co.
ok he said dt, what is your own say?
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by hisswagness: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2013
All I can say is dat God shud 4gv d owner of dis thread...he rily nids help
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
chukxie: We can never fully understand the ways of God no matter how educated, radicalized or ignorant we are. Let's stop trying to understand the deep things of God. Great scholars have since time immemorial tried the same thing only to find themselves entangled in a labyrinth. "God is spirit and those who seek Him must do so in spirit and in truth." What this means is that to have an understanding of who God is we must shed our ' I know it all' ideology for an ' I know nothing ' one.

This is a funny one.
This homo-religilous is telling us not to attempt to understand god or his ways.

I agree 100%.
let's close all churches, bible schools, mosques, etc.
Religion is useless
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by manny4life(m): 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
plaetton:

How do you know that he was sinless?.
Is anger not a sin?
Clearly, we saw a display of great anger from jesus when he attacked the money changers in the temple.
Not being able to control our negative emotions, is that t not a sin?
How about having a special love for one of his disclples and kissing one of his disciples? Would that not be considered a sin?

There you go again twisting and turning the bible upside down, smh

If you need explanation, PLEASE ASK.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by nikkypearl(f): 3:19pm On Apr 23, 2013
@op..some things(imaginations) are better left unsaid!don't becoz of a cheap attention on nairaland dar wouldn't last 4 72hrs sin against yo creature,be it Allah ,Jesus or watever u seem 2believe!even if you gt a million likes 4dis thread,remember der is sum1 greater dan us all!are u in anyway mocking Jesus or what exactly are u insinuating here?I knw of a lady who jokinly mocked God way back in 2007 nd started vomiting blood!she Vomited blood 4 12days b4 a man of God prayed 4her nd revealed how she jokinly mocked God!she died anyway
,nd I pray dis wil never b yo portion!kip watever u believe 2yoself, don't drag nd confuse odrs along wit u!remember dis saying"Iwonikan ko logbon,iwonikan ko lo moye,ti o ba gbon to leni kan ogbon,iwo gan gan ni baba ope!
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by obi123: 3:20pm On Apr 23, 2013
ninja4life: Pls my fellow christians help an ignorant brother with dis question :wat is d difference btw God and satan cos dey seem related and interchangeable.lol tanks

you seem to know everything , why r u asking for help
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
nikkypearl: @op..some things(imaginations) are better left unsaid!don't becoz of a cheap attention on nairaland dar wouldn't last 4 72hrs sin against yo creature,be it Allah ,Jesus or watever u seem 2believe!even if you gt a million likes 4dis thread,remember der is sum1 greater dan us all!are u in anyway mocking Jesus or what exactly are u insinuating here?I knw of a lady who jokinly mocked God way back in 2007 nd started vomiting blood!she Vomited blood 4 12days b4 a man of God prayed 4her nd revealed how she jokinly mocked God!she died anyway,nd I pray dis wil never b yo portion!kip watever u believe 2yoself nd don't drag pple nd confuse odrs along wit u!remember dis saying"Iwonikan ko logbon,iwonikan ko lo moye,ti o ba gbon to leni kan ogbon,iwo gan gan ni baba ope!

AWWWW!!!

Come here for a hug..

1 Like

Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by babadem2much(m): 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
musKeeto:
How could God die?

So why call himself Son of David? Evidently, the seed of David wasn't in
him.

So God sent himself to save his creations to pay a debt his creations
owed him. I'm not surprised I have to believe this by faith. Faith makes
the irrational rational.

Again, God sacrificed himself to himself?

Sounds like all the problem of the world today is because Nazareth
didn't have an asylum..

mukeeto u should seek 4 God's 4giveness bro cuz of d blasphemy
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by shine12: 3:21pm On Apr 23, 2013
Its not too hard. I pray you should get old and old and see your children children children and evetually die and see whether jesus is the only way or not.

Before Jesus came, God knew we cannot keep the law. In those days, the people of God(Isralites) use to sacrifice for there sins at the temple with an Unblemished lamb, every sin demands a sacrifice to be washed away. The death of Jesus on the Cross/Tree bought us forver from condemnation.
Why do you think several idol worhsippers, satanist, illuminati etc seek sacrifice; either animal or human sacrifice to achieve something(This practice is evil and was stolen from God's agenda, the devil is the master copy-cat in this world and has used His fradulent means to twist God's agenda)

Yes because God is all powerful He sent His son(yes only begoten son) to die for us. I dont want to go too deep, Read John chapter 1 to understand more.

Thats why you need to accept Him first and be saved. Aslo, the things of the spirit is not for the carnal minded(We cannot use our little brain to deduce it, Let me tell you this of all the things in this life, man can understand, to understand the things of God, We need humility and waitng on the Lord). He said I stand at the door and knock If any man open I will come to dine with Him and He with me.

He who has an ear let Him hear
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by EasternLeopard: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
PECO4KING: If he die for our sins then there is no need of creating hell fire.
If u build a house 4 a homeless relative and he refuses 2 pack in with his family. Who's fault is it when rain/sun beats him and his family. Christ has done His part u do ur part.
Re: Was The Sacrifice Of Jesus On The Cross That Big A Deal? by plaetton: 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2013
obadiah777: JESUS DID NOT COME TO LEAVE A BETTER WORLD. AT LEAST NOT IMMEDIATELY. HE CAME TO FORGIVE THE SINS OF THE RULERS OF THE NEXT WORLD ( THE ELECT). ONLY IN THE NEXT WORLD WOULD THERE BE PEACE. IN FACT BEFORE THAT PEACE COMES IT IS GOING TO GET VERY BAD. ARMAGEDDON WW3. SO I DONT THINK CHRIST SAID HE WAS COMING TO BRING PEACE. THATS YOUR OWN VAIN OPINION BRUV LOL

LMAO.
Lord Obadiah777, you kill me.
If it's all about the other or next world, then WTF are all these noises, wars, genocides and intractable conflict about?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

About The High Rate Of People Luring Others Into Sex / The Charade Of The Stephanie Otobo's Confession & Apology / Simeon Chinedu Ononogbu: My Wrong Super Falcons Prediction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.