Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,901 members, 7,959,814 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 07:59 AM

Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? (9696 Views)

Why Should A Pastor Be A Bestseller Author? / Oritsejafor To Jonathan - Give Half Of Your Salary To The Poor / Who Can This Pastor Be Referring To? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 03, 2013
For those of you who doesnt know why one tenth was introduced by God here is the reason:

AFTER the Israelites had conquered much of the Promised Land, Joshua turned his attention to apportioning the land by lot. In doing this, he worked along with High Priest Eleazar and heads of the tribes. (Num. 34:13-29) As for the Levites, they were not to have a land inheritance such as the other tribes received. (Josh. 14:1-5) Why did the Levites have no tribal territory, or share, of the Promised Land? Were they being left out?
We find the answer in what God told the Levites. Underlining the fact that they were not being abandoned, HE said to them: “I am your share and your inheritance in the midst of the sons of Israel.” (Num. 18:20)
What did that assignment mean for the Levites? God said that he was to be their share in the sense that rather than receiving a land inheritance, they were entrusted with a priceless privilege of service. Being “the priesthood of the LORD” was their inheritance. (Josh. 18:7) The context of Numbers 18:20 shows that this did not leave them impoverished materially. (Read Numbers 18:19, 21, 24.) The Levites were to be given “every tenth part in Israel as an inheritance in return for their service.” They would receive 10 percent of Israel’s produce and of the increase of the domestic animals. In turn, the Levites were to contribute a tenth part of what they received, “of the very best of it,” for the support of the priesthood.* (Num. 18:25-29) The priests were also given “all the holy contributions” that the sons of Israel brought to God at his place of worship. Members of the priesthood thus had good reason for believing that the LORD would provide for them.

Remember that the work of the priest(The Levites) was mainly the atoning of sins by making sacrifices with the blood of animals(which represent Christ shed blood). Upon christ death and resurrection, the levites duties came to its end. Little wonder the holy scriptures called Jesus "A high priest forever in the manner of melchizedeck(the only priest in bible times who doubles as a king and priest)" (Heb. 5: 10) and (psalm 110:4)

DOES THE DISCIPLES AND APOSTLES OF JESUS HAVE HANDWORK THROUGH WHICH THEY FEED?

Acts 18:1-3

18 After these things he departed from Athens and came to Corinth. 2 And he found a certain Jew named Aq′ui·la,+ a native of Pon′tus who had recently come from Italy,+ and Pris·cil′la his wife, because of the fact that Claudius+ had ordered all the Jews to depart from Rome. So he went to them 3 and on account of being of the same trade he stayed at their home, and they worked,+ for they were tentmakers by trade

Matthew 4:18

18 Walking alongside the sea of Gal′i·lee he saw two brothers, Simon who is called Peter+ and Andrew his brother, letting down a fishing net into the sea, for they were fishers.

Colossians 4:14

14 Luke the beloved physician* sends YOU his greetings, and so does De′mas.

Luke 5:27

27 Now after these things he went out and beheld a tax collector [/b]named [b]Le′vi [/b]sitting at the tax office, and he said to him: “Be my follower.”

Matthew 9:9

9 Next, while passing along from there, Jesus caught sight of a man named [b]Matthew seated at the tax office
, and he said to him: “Be my follower.”+ Thereupon he did rise up and follow him.+

Mark 2:14

14 But as he was passing along, he caught sight of Le′vi+ the [son] of Al·phae′us sitting at the tax office, and he said to him: “Be my follower.” And rising up he followed him.+
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by omofat: 2:55pm On May 03, 2013
Oohrhii: A very interesting topic.

I also do not believe pastors are supposed to be paid for the calling they said they voluntarily accepted.Its just plain pathetic what church has turned to these days.The more critically and objectively i look at it ..the more i understand this parable in the bible that "From those who do not have we shall take and give to those who have" Pastors wearing expensive suits and serious leather shoes while the members are living in debt and poverty.

They tend to claim the tithe that they are not entitled to. Something that even Jesus does not support..but ofcourse we all know the malachi page which they keep refering to.

And please Why are they now calling themselves Man of God[/i] instead of Servant of God[i]. The former seem to be the trend these days while the latter is going extinct.these so called Pastors rearly call themselves Servants Of God anymore..

Jesus already said it all.. YOU SHALL KNOW THE TRUTH AND THE TRUTH SHALL >>>SET YOU FREE!

There was a time that i fell victim too...to these so called pastors..and self imposted bishop or General Overseer title, now am wiser..

God dey!

Sadly, that's the problem. People like you look at the quite few miscreants who I have to admit do a horribly bad job and desecrate the office. The problem is you then tar everyone else with the same unfortunate brush. You do realise that not all pastors fly private jets right? You can argue that maybe even those who don't yet have jets also aspire to own them but that's topic for another day.

The reality is that there are very very very many humble, sincere, faithful pastors, elders, shepherds, whatever who do the work with focus and simpleness of heart. Those are the ones to which I refer to in any of my postings.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by omofat: 2:59pm On May 03, 2013
vowiski:

A pay or compensation package is not the same as a salary.
Paul wrote these words to, Timothy, in 1 Timothy 5:17-18: “The elders who are good leaders should be considered worthy of an ample honorarium, especially those who work hard at preaching and teaching. For the Scripture says, (Deuteronomy 25:4,) ‘Do not muzzle an ox while it is treading out the grain and, the worker is worthy of his wages’”

Don't get me wrong, Pastors, and Elders are entitled to wages and money but not salaries.

And this money can never be from tithe.

So the money is not for pastors only. The terms “elder, “overseer,” and “pastor” are used interchangeably in the New Testament to refer to the same office or leadership position in the church (Acts 20:17, 28; Titus 1:5, 7; 1 Pet. 5:1-4)

I hope, I answered your question.

You sound a little confused. What does it matter what you choose to call whoever is dedicated to the specific ministry of preaching the word and caring for the saints? Yes the money is not only for the pastors! It is for whoever does the work.

Don't get me wrong, Pastors, and Elders are entitled to wages and money but not salaries.

Upon the above quote from you, I shall cease responding to you now, before I go mad with bafflement.

1 Like

Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by wonderz(m): 3:01pm On May 03, 2013
vowiski:

And who told you God doesn't have right to call people working in Shell, Chevron, Mobil, why is it only poverty impoverished people that God calls..?

So much for our gullibility..

Only the truth can set us free, once we know it we have freedom. Gospel peddlers will never let you know that truth, because they want you to remain under-their-man-made bondage..
@vowiski
GOD CAN CALL ANYONE IRRESPECTIVE OF WHERE HE IS NOW. I DIDN'T MENTION ANY INSTANCE ABOUT WHO GOD CALLS OR NOT IN MY POST ABOVE!
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 03, 2013
How will he pay his bills and sponsor his family without it?
Don't be wicked O.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by God4memi: 3:32pm On May 03, 2013
I really dnt blame u.May be your pastor is not doing his work. Pls don't make it a topic. Pay d men of GOD that feeds u with d WORD of GOD! Stay blessed.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by COvo(m): 3:34pm On May 03, 2013
karpentar:

How does the ushers and other workers in the church eat and provide for thier families?
The answer is simple:They don't work full time.The pastor is always there»» when we call.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by Oohrhii(m): 3:44pm On May 03, 2013
omo~fat:

Sadly, that's the problem. People like you look at the quite few miscreants who I have to admit do a horribly bad job and desecrate the office. The problem is you then tar everyone else with the same unfortunate brush. You do realise that not all pastors fly private jets right? You can argue that maybe even those who don't yet have jets also aspire to own them but that's topic for another day.

The reality is that there are very very very many humble, sincere, faithful pastors, elders, shepherds, whatever who do the work with focus and simpleness of heart. Those are the ones to which I refer to in any of my postings.

Of course there are very few ones..but those few ones dont receive salaries which you are supporting here. Besides you did not separate or make reference to the type you are referring to in any of your previous post. you were basing your arguments on the general perspective.. which actually makes you one of the gullible ones..

You don't have to believe or support any of my perspective..but i shall say a prayer for you..instead of calling you names as you have done. God forgive you for you know not what you are saying. Just say Amen.!

Back to the discussion.. Jesus said he came to show us the way..obviously he was killed and loathed basically because he was trying to show the way..and open peoples eye that you do not have to follow these so called Men of God before you get to heaven..as general soul searching can achieve that.

A simple Google can help you shed more light on Jesus perspective regarding tithes..you do not need to quote all verses..just ask Google what Jesus said about tithing..and that would be clear enough. He was asked 3 times in the whole new testament..but he only responded once..and even then..he was condemning this so pharisees you turn to as your role model.

God will help you to see the light..This is all i can do for you.. To pray for you.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by omofat: 4:02pm On May 03, 2013
^^^

Another unlearned rant. Where in my writings have you read anything about tithes?

What does the topic have to do with tithing??
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by vowiski(m): 4:57pm On May 03, 2013
omo~fat:

You sound a little confused. What does it matter what you choose to call whoever is dedicated to the specific ministry of preaching the word and caring for the saints? Yes the money is not only for the pastors! It is for whoever does the work.

Upon the above quote from you, I shall cease responding to you now, before I go mad with bafflement.

Let me explain why wages and salary do not mean the same thing.:

A wage; you get paid for how many hours you work, while, with a salary, you get a set amount of payment.
Explanation: When Pastor's are entitled to salaries, they have a fixed amount, hence if the free-will offering and priest offerings are low, the church has to force members to give 10% of their income to meet their target. (GREED). but with wages, the money isn't fixed, the Pastor receives any amount of money, it can be higher at one time and drastically low at another time. If the Pastors knows this process, he would learn how to do other Jobs than relying on members money and becoming a burden to members who are already in poverty.

This is the way some of the fraudulent pastors have over-flogged the Malachi Tithing verse where the lie that "opening the windows of heaven" acutally means Abraham blessing(S) for us instead of RAIN. They use it to deceive gullible members into paying the unscriptural tithing for Christians. Meanwhile Abraham's blessing is the Jesus cheesy

Notice, that the Abraham blessing for Jesus has no (s)

If you continue to read the bible like your average book, you will never understand it.. Please STUDY your bible sir.

3 Likes

Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by Aringon(m): 5:38pm On May 03, 2013
They should not be paid but all congregate in your house to provide and feed them. Arrant nonsense

1 Like

Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by lyman720(m): 5:40pm On May 03, 2013
I love the point (F),you shoot is reasonable.......since its not by force to serve
God. It every work in Church collect salary too. smiley grin grin
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by gerald09(m): 6:25pm On May 03, 2013
omo~fat:
How does the pastor eat and provide for his family?
He shuld go get a real job
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by wirinet(m): 6:42pm On May 03, 2013
If pastors are paid salary, what about G.Os, should they also be paid salary or allowances or they should have free unquestionable free reign to the congregation's offerings, tithes and donations.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by Loonyy(m): 6:50pm On May 03, 2013
no no no,,,dey shouldn't be paid after all Paul didn't get paid, he has to work in order to cater for his needs
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by Dikwons(f): 9:50pm On May 03, 2013
From 1 Cor. 9:16 - 18, we see that the gospel should be made free of charge and not with the mind of getting paid for it (by men). From vs 19 - 27 we see that we run a race to receive an imperishable price (from God).

What makes u think God will not provide for u unless u r paid monthly salaries ye pastors of little faith? Worry not about food n clothes for your loving father knows ye have need of them. Unless u r d type dt wants to store up treasures here on earth.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by stankezzy: 10:27pm On May 03, 2013
vowiski:

And who told you God doesn't have right to call people working in Shell, Chevron, Mobil, why is it only poverty impoverished people that God calls..?

So much for our gullibility..

Only the truth can set us free, once we know it we have freedom. Gospel peddlers will never let you know that truth, because they want you to remain under-their-man-made bondage..
i may choose tocall u a fool because u are decieving people.adeboye,oyedepo,pastor christ,kumuyi.were they poor when God called them.these were succesfull men that got their phd in 20es before God called them.tell us where u work b/4u continue decieving people.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by Ekpekus(m): 10:41pm On May 03, 2013
Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion hence am not surprise at what I read from some post above. The last time I checked, no one has been harassed or force to pay tithe or offering. So why the rant about it.
As for Pastor's salary, I say yes! They should be paid. Many just see the pastor on the pulpit during service hours and forget the responsibilities they have. Let me just highlight some here:
1. They are accountable to God for every one flock in their congregation.
2. When you are not even aware, they are interceding for you and your family.
3. Pastors do research to prepare sermons.
4. Even the days you don't go to church, they are there.
5. They have families and needs to meet but often give the flock audience when they come calling in lieu of their own comfort.

These are just few. If you know you've been blessed by God via their ministry, then I see no reason why this topic should be debated.

1 Like

Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by stankezzy: 10:49pm On May 03, 2013
wirinet: If pastors are paid salary, what about G.Os, should they also be paid salary or allowances or they should have free unquestionable free reign to the congregation's offerings, tithes and donations.
most of these fools that try to redicle christianity are not christians.i cannot explain here how big sucessful church is run but let me give u a little hint,if i post a confermation like tape or vedio,most people will not even bother to check but will continue to decieve people.the church nd Go are two seperate individuals.if u want to give oyedepo,adeboye,pastor christ,kumuyi.money they will ask u is it for me or the church.church belongs to God nd as God owns the world , weather u are a christian or not if God directs u to give to his church,u do not have option.eg. apostle suleman said one man came to his church,was quarelling,hissing,frowning to every body.took him to his house nd gave him something worth 80million annoyingly .even as an aetheist,if God says that u will give to his church,u do nt have option left.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by vowiski(m): 11:36pm On May 03, 2013
stankezzy: i may choose tocall u a fool because u are decieving people.adeboye,oyedepo,pastor christ,kumuyi.were they poor when God called them.these were succesfull men that got their phd in 20es before God called them.tell us where u work b/4u continue decieving people.

You can choose to remain a hypocrite!.

I don't serve men, I worship God, and I believe Jesus is the son of God.

No one comment to the Father except through Jesus, not me and neither is it you.

Judgement will start in the church, salvation is personal, you better start studying your bible and ask God to reveal himself to you, instead of mentioning names.

Mark 7:7 "They worship me in vain; their teachings are merely human rules.'"
Mathew 15:9 "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

Some people live in bondage worshiping God in vain, because they have subjected themself to mere human rules, human doctrines. Guess what! cheesy If you find the truth, you would be set free

I am not perfect, I have done crazy things in the past and I have gotten my Karma. I believe Jesus and I have seen results. The bible is there for everyone to read but only a few can study.

Sometime ago, A moving car moved past my legs, naturally anyone would be rushed to a bone doctor, but nothing happened to me, I walked with the same legs and the people around were amazed. I too was, but having a first-hand faith in Christ you can really do things.

Try GOD, PRAY a simple prayer, tell him to reveal himself to you and see if you won't be exposed to biblical truths.

In the past, I used to brag, "My pastor says, my pastor says, was there a time I ever said God said or Christ said? No!, because I allowed my self to spoon-fed with the world of God without studying.

2Ti 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth".

Serving God is not as hard as you think dude..

"In one of my posts, I gave an example; I respect Kumuyi alot, but here is the deal. Sometime ago, Kumuyi said TV was bad, millions of members went ahead and destroyed their TV's. A few years back, he retracted his statement. Now, Deeper Life has a Satellite station spreading God's word all over the world. It takes humility for a clergy-man to admit he made an error, although he didn't replace the TV's of his members, I regard him high and the members suffered for their gullibility. If they had studied their bible very well, they would have known that the anti-TV mantra was completely out of place. cheesy"

I can go on and on dude..
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by Nobody: 12:44am On May 04, 2013
Any pastor who gets paid a salary can be said to be preaching the Word of God for a living! Wages are paid as compensation for services rendered so pastors are rendering a commercial service? This is why Apostle Paul in the bible preempted this dilemma by working as a tent-maker to earn his own living. Jesus Himself was a carpenter. Luke was a physician. Peter was a fisherman. What is the reward of a servant in God's vineyard if he has been rewarded in this life with money, luxury cars, private jets, adulation of men?

It is God that moves the hearts of the brethren to feed those He has sent on assignments. That was how it was in the bible. When Jesus sent out the Twelve two by two, they went with nothing, were told never to ask for anything and yet they lacked nothing! How did they feed? It was people that the Spirit of God ministered to that met the needs of the disciples. A true servant of God would never ever ask for money! If he is truly sent by God, his needs would be met.

A true servant of God despises money!
There are so many biblical examples to corroborate this statement. A false servant of God Loves money. A Pastor should have a job he is doing. Jesus called all believers into ministry and not a select few as pastors who want you to believe. If in doubt, read the Great Commission and determine if Christ was only speaking to Pastors

2 Likes

Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by shadrach77: 1:34am On May 04, 2013
kalokalo: Any pastor who gets paid a salary can be said to be preaching the Word of God for a living! Wages are paid as compensation for services rendered so pastors are rendering a commercial service? This is why Apostle Paul in the bible preempted this dilemma by working as a tent-maker to earn his own living. Jesus Himself was a carpenter. Luke was a physician. Peter was a fisherman. What is the reward of a servant in God's vineyard if he has been rewarded in this life with money, luxury cars, private jets, adulation of men?

It is God that moves the hearts of the brethren to feed those He has sent on assignments. That was how it was in the bible. When Jesus sent out the Twelve two by two, they went with nothing, were told never to ask for anything and yet they lacked nothing! How did they feed? It was people that the Spirit of God ministered to that met the needs of the disciples. A true servant of God would never ever ask for money! If he is truly sent by God, his needs would be met.

A true servant of God despises money!
There are so many biblical examples to corroborate this statement. A false servant of God Loves money. A Pastor should have a job he is doing. Jesus called all believers into ministry and not a select few as pastors who want you to believe. If in doubt, read the Great Commission and determine if Christ was only speaking to Pastors
well done! you've spoken very wisely wink wink wink
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by oleary(m): 7:03am On May 04, 2013
vowiski: Paying tithes and all those unscriptural nonsense.

sad

So now paying THITE is UNSCRIPTURAL NONSENSE... I see you that is studying the bible well.. Dear friend, do not quote God's word out of context. If I may ask, do you have the Holy Spirit in you? If you do, ask Him to lead you into all truth.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by ismokeweed1(f): 7:53am On May 04, 2013
jmoore:

@op,the bible supports that they should be paid and your brain supports
they should not be paid.Your statement epitomizes that of a confused
human being. Your conclusion is flawed.

No, he should not be paid monthly salary but he should be paid weekly..
grin grin

1 Timothy 5:17-18

Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor,
especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. For the Scripture
says, “You shall not muzzle an ox when it treads out the grain,” and,
“The laborer deserves his wages.”

does honour mean money?

is a pastor now considered a labourer?

1 Like

Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:56am On May 04, 2013
sexymoma:
hw wud u feel if ur pastor is going 4rm house to house begging for food...fink wid ur head nt wid ur scrotum.

I would feel proud. what a humble way to earn money for a man of God. so immaterialistic.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by phillipsadeojo(m): 7:57am On May 04, 2013
life_style:

Your handle says it all....

Lol! Funny Ʊ!
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by vowiski(m): 10:59am On May 04, 2013
oleary: .

So now paying THITE is UNSCRIPTURAL NONSENSE... I see you that is studying the bible well.. Dear friend, do not quote God's word out of context. If I may ask, do you have the Holy Spirit in you? If you do, ask Him to lead you into all truth.

Hypocrite!

I can't even debate this issue with you, because it clear you don't study your bible.

You read my post out of context, I said; "unscriptural nonsense" and not "scriptural nonsense"

Maybe you don't know that the bible contains a lot of similes, metaphor and parables. You think the bible is your ordinary book?

That's why many people like you say the bible contradicts itself, when indeed you lack knowledge.

I won't apologize for calling you a hypocrite, because Jesus called false teachers of the law same.

Jesus was calm, mild and loving but when it came to his father's business.. He was plain and on-point. That's why he sent the pharases out of the temple twice and "over-threw" the money changing table.

If I do that in a church, ignorant people will say I have no respect, but let me tell you. My God is not a respectal of any mortal being.

If I ask you about tithe, you would bring the same over-flogged Malachi 3:8-10...

Please Find God's truth and Find Freedom.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by gbagyiza: 11:17am On May 04, 2013
Lilimax: Most pastors are given some money for their monthly up keep.
It is not called salary per say rather allowance is more like it.
This money is given to them to keep body and soul together.
Afterall, they have families they are catering for. wink
true talk my brother.dnt knw were d poster got dis idealogy of his.
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by jmoore(m): 6:07pm On May 04, 2013
i-smoke-weed:

does honour mean money?

is a pastor now considered a labourer?
Looking at your username, you should stop smoking weed. Then you can interpret the bible very well
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by nekede11(m): 7:00pm On May 04, 2013
Are u a jahovah witness? Funny man
shadrach77: I've been trying to get my head around this issue. I used to think it was right since the bible says 'those who work ast the temple must eat at the temple, but after re-assesing my views over the issue, i came to the conclusion that pastors should NOT be paid monthly salary or any form of renumeration due to the following reasons

A. Getting a salary means you are not trusting God to be your source of provision. Afterall, when Jesus needed money for tax, he simply asked his disciples to go and check the mouth of a fish

B. If you are getting a salary, how can you convince your congregation to build their faith when you yourself are not exercising faith

C. How can any man pay adequately for work done for God? Only God himself can do that

D. We never heard of Jesus and rhe apostles taking salaries. They depended on God to meet their needs

E. Taking a salary from the church purse means the pastor is under pressure when funds are not coming in and this explains why some pastors go to extra ordinary length to convince their congregation to pay tithes and to sow seed into the church coffers. The reason might not be for the benefit of the church but because the pastor is moved by his own personal circumstance

F. Since the pastor is not the only worker in the church, it then means if he is getting a salary, other workers - choiristers, cleaners, ushers etc must also be paid salaries. It's either everyone is paid or nobody gets paid

G. God's work is meant to be volountary lest anyone goes into it for financial gain

What are your thoughts peeps?

angry wink cheesy smiley
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by Nobody: 8:35pm On May 04, 2013
There is no better explanation. Let the lazy thinkers and blind followers continue to deceive themselves

vowiski: A pastor has no right to any monthly salary, It is just that we Nigerians are very Gullible. I was once like that, But after I was exposed to biblical truths, i realized that alot of unscriptural nonsense have been preached through the pulpit.

When we fail to study, we prevent access to knowledge. Many of us let our clergy men do the study for us, while we just go to church on Sunday, screaming and yelling "ride on pastor cheesy" even even when the man is saying gibberish, but how can we know, when we do not study?

If a man goes into the Nigeria church business because of money, that's not a pastor, In the days of my gullibility, I used to be scared to talk about pastors, but these days they are nothing but con artist.. The bible says we should test every spirit because the anti-christ have gone into the world mis-leading God's children. When we test them, we Judge them according to the doctrine of Christ.

This is what Apostle Paul says regarding work, Apostle Paul was the man who Jesus, said would be the instrument to spread the Gospel truths..

Many fraudulent pastors will avoid reading the bible verse cheesy

2 Thessalonians 3 (New International Version)

Let me remind belivers, that spreading the gospel is not a work, it is the primary assignment of every christian. I wonder how the Church deteriorated so low. Humans worshiping the fellow mortal pastors.. Paying tithes and all those unscriptural nonsense.

If you want to hide anything from an African, Put it inside the book.. cheesy... He will never find it..

Today, they are countless churches in every corner of Nigeria, yet Nigerians live under 1$ a day while clergy-men who have no works parade in private jets, hummer jeeps, range rover with battalion of security operatives making it hard to differentiate them from corrupt politicians.

If the preachers of God's words were like the jewish rulers, no-body would have said; :"ah.. these guys are christ-like" shocked
they would probably have said, "oh.. they look just like Ceasar" sad
Re: Should A Pastor Be Paid A Regular Month Salary? by sticlestm(m): 1:34am On May 05, 2013
THE TRUTH IS IN THE SCRIPTURES. EVER COME ACROSS THE SCRIPTURE WHICH SAYS THAT THE LABOURER DESERVES HIS PAY AND DO NOT MUZZLE THE OX THAT THREADS THE GRAIN?
I DOUBT IT. ANYWAY, WHEDA U CALL IT SALARY OR ALLOWANCE, NOTHING IN THE BIBLE SAYS A MAN OF GOD SHOULD NOT AV ACCESS TO A CONSTANT, STABLE INCOME ( CHECK 1 CORINTHIANS 16 VERSES 1-2)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Is Jesus To You? / 5 Ways My Life Is Better Without Religion / Major Mistake Made By Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.