Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,107 members, 7,963,616 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 02:52 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (839269 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:52am On Jul 14, 2013
mercylicious: I've been denied student visa to canny b4. Do u advise I use my uci no in this applicatn while filling the form?
Another questn is if one puts sask as province when applying, must he/she stay in the same province? I intend staying in Calgary (because my job is very available there) but I feel it my reduce my chances due to the number of people that wants to immigrate there.

Your UCI obtained at the point of applying for study permit has absolutely nothing to do with your FSWP application except of course there's a breach of any immigration law which cast doubt on your application.

Putting sask at the point of application will not stop you from moving to any other province when you eventually get in to Canada. That is meant to provide the necessary data for CIC and for the Canadian government for planning. Your chance of selection is not reduced by the province that you fill on the application form. Once your application is received and passed on to the office responsible for processing,you are on your way to Canada except all the information provided on the application along with the supporting documents have question mark on them. In essence,the success or otherwise of your alication is a function of your meeting up with the eligibility requirements and not a function of the province chosen.

You can move to any province but your movement have to be documented and the appropriate authority informed until your Canadian International passport is issued.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thanks Solomonwise, u r really a wise solomon.
So there is no need puting the old uci no.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:22pm On Jul 14, 2013
mercylicious: Thanks Solomonwise, u r really a wise solomon.
So there is no need puting the old uci no.

It is optional. If I were in your shoes I wouldn't put it.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by saipn: 1:34pm On Jul 14, 2013
@solomon i'm one of those that applied for fSW on december 2007 which was terminated by immigration law.
1. I received a letter from CIC last week friday stating i should fill a return of processing fee form dat was sent to me,although the letter got to my postal address box late because they have sent d letter since may 24 and what was written on d letter is dat the form must be return back to them within 60 days.
2. My middle name was wrongly spelt MAYOKUN is my correct name filled on the form but they wrote ''MOYOKUN'' on the letter sent to me
3.pls what should i do to back up the error written on my name and how to fast track the letter to them before the stipulated 60 days
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:51pm On Jul 14, 2013
saipn: @solomon i'm one of those that applied for fSW on december 2007 which was terminated by immigration law.
1. I received a letter from CIC last week friday stating i should fill a return of processing fee form dat was sent to me,although the letter got to my postal address box late because they have sent d letter since may 24 and what was written on d letter is dat the form must be return back to them within 60 days.
2. My middle name was wrongly spelt MAYOKUN is my correct name filled on the form but they wrote ''MOYOKUN'' on the letter sent to me
3.pls what should i do to back up the error written on my name and how to fast track the letter to them before the stipulated 60 days

As regards the name that was mispelt name, nothing to worry about. You just fill the attached form with the correct name and the bank details for which the payment/refund will be made. You can attach a letter to back this up{I'm advising with the mind set that the mistake is not from you when sending your application form}. You can send a copy of the generic application form you sent when applying.

As regards fast tracking,you can dispatch the form via courier and within days it will be delivered to the desired destination to beat the deadline.

I hope the above clarifies.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by saipn: 2:08pm On Jul 14, 2013
Thanks solomon i will send it tommorow
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by saipn: 5:12pm On Jul 14, 2013
@solomon, can i notify them on d attach letter dat their letter got to my mail box late?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hariitram: 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2013
mercylicious:

I also suggest your present employer writes something for you, even if its not in the right format. You can then explain that in your application.

Yeah , Thanks mercy.

But it cant be in official letterhead due to two major reasons,

1) Still i am working for them.
2) They will think that i am looking for other job openings.

But i have great relationship my managers , he can do these things for my better future but on a stamp paper or a4 since even my managers dont have the privilege to use the letter head.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
saipn: @solomon, can i notify them on d attach letter dat their letter got to my mail box late?

Yes you can inform them of the date you received the letter. But that will not do as much help as returning the form/letter within the specified 60 days.

They actually have an idea of the fact that there may be postal delay so just return the form early enough.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by saipn: 8:17pm On Jul 14, 2013
@solomon Ok thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pjosysnet: 12:47pm On Jul 15, 2013
Hello Solomon Wise,

I am really so delighted to have seen this thread and read this beautiful information on Canada FSWP and most especially from someone experience like you.

But then i will like to know for 2013 the list of FSWP so as to know if my field of profession is there for example, i just graduated from a University where i read Accounting but i have been an IT Professional for 10 years now.

I will appreciate to hear from you soon.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 1:14pm On Jul 15, 2013
pjosysnet: Hello Solomon Wise,

I am really so delighted to have seen this thread and read this beautiful information on Canada FSWP and most especially from someone experience like you.

But then i will like to know for 2013 the list of FSWP so as to know if my field of profession is there for example, i just graduated from a University where i read Accounting but i have been an IT Professional for 10 years now.

I will appreciate to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Well,You would have to choose between being eligible under 1112 Financial and investment analysts,2174 Computer programmers and interactive media developers and Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)

What would determine your eligibility under any of the above will be your work experience over time.

Unfortunately,your qualification and work experience should have a positive correlation and it doesn't appear to be so in your case. This is moreso because you'd have to choose the eligible occupation under which you want your application assessed

Let me give you these links so you can guide yourself on what is expected of you in terms of the eligible occupations as listed on the NOC website.

Financial and investment analysts
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=1112

Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2147

Computer programmers and interactive media developers
http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/QuickSearch.aspx?val65=2174

Let me ask,do you have any qualification at all in IT? On what basis did you gain/garnered the work experience in IT over the last 10 years? Your response will determine the way to go.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 4:46pm On Jul 15, 2013
R we back to hiding posts again?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 5:06pm On Jul 15, 2013
LadyGuinivere: R we back to hiding posts again?

What was hidden had absolutely nothing to do with this thread....
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by justwise(m): 5:38pm On Jul 15, 2013
LadyGuinivere: R we back to hiding posts again?

Sometimes you need to shut it a bit.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 12:05am On Jul 16, 2013
justwise:

Sometimes you need to shut it a bit.
Beg ur pardon?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hariitram: 7:51am On Jul 16, 2013
Hi solomonwis,LadyGuinivere,

This is question may be very silly,
Is it necessary for spouse to clear the Basic English requirement, even though I am going to be the only applicant? , The Canadian lawyer always says that “Spouse should have basic language requirement”
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:24am On Jul 16, 2013
hari_it_ram: Hi solomonwis,LadyGuinivere,

This is question may be very silly,
Is it necessary for spouse to clear the Basic English requirement, even though I am going to be the only applicant? , The Canadian lawyer always says that “Spouse should have basic language requirement”

It is not a necessity. it only gives an additional 5 points when you include your spouse's English language test.Outside of this, nothing to lose.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mpi210: 11:58am On Jul 16, 2013
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
mpi210: Solomonwis,
Please I have a couple of questions:

1. can one fill the form with pen and on PC or must it be 1? I asked cos the fonts are too big for some spaces in the form that it cannot even contains the full name of my school and they stated that there should be no abbreviation.

2. How reliable is GTB bank draft for the fee payment?

3. Will the settlement funds from Nigerian banks be in Canadian dollars or in Naira?

4. What do they mean by self-addressed mailing labels?

I just needed to ask these questions so as not to make any mistake.

Thanks

1. PLEASE DO NOT ABBREVIATE write as much as the space provided can contain,leave the rest...You already have documents stating the name of the Institution attended.

2 & 3 - If you have a GT Bank Debit card,please provide the details as that will ease the payment.In fact,it will save you a lot of cost associated with raising bank draft. Moreover,the draft have to be in canadian Dollar and should be payable by a bank in Canada. In essence,a special arrangement has to be made with the bank where they'd issue a draft made payable in Canada on your behalf {This will not be a GT Bank Draft}. To save you the hassle,make the funds available in your account and provide your debit card details on the application form and the rest will be done by them.

4. Self-addressing mailing label is a label giving details of you and your address. They usually ask of this so they don't commit any mistake when sending any documents/letter/correspondence to you.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mpi210: 12:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
mpi210:

Thank you so much for the insight.

In no 3, I meant, the proof of fund we are supposed to get from the banks, will it (total amount in one's account) be in Naira or Canadian dollar?

On no 4, is it like an A4 paper with my name and address boldly printed on it or what? I just didnt get it.
1. You are filling the form online,except of course the part where you might have to print out and SIGN. Aside this,you are not filling anything with pen.

3. The fund will have to be in your local currency(in your case,it will be in Nigerian Naira). You can make it available in US dollars if you like.

4.It will be on a plain paper....Just like when you are attaching an address to an A4 envelop.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by hariitram: 12:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
solomonwis:

It is not a necessity. it only gives an additional 5 points when you include your spouse's English language test.Outside of this, nothing to lose.

Thank you solomonwis , but it can be either IELTS or French right ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 12:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
hari_it_ram:

Thank you solomonwis , but it can be either IELTS or French right ?

Yes either IELTS,CELPIP {both for English Language Test} or TEF (French Test}
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mpi210: 1:41pm On Jul 16, 2013
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 2:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
mpi210:

Solo,

My GT master card is in Naira. how would they access the funds in naira and secondly, apart from the Security no which should be included in the payment form, they dont have provision for password. how would they access my card if they dont have the password?

I don't think you should worry yourself about how the internal mechanism work with the bank. People here can attest to the fact that you can pay with your Naira Debit Card (Master Card).

All you need do is provide your details as specified on the form,they won't ask you for your password. Just supply the details as specified on the form and leave the rest as long as you have the fund in your account. Your account will be debited at the appropriate time.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by justwise(m): 2:58pm On Jul 16, 2013
@solomonwis

Spambot got you. You will soon be released though
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by mpi210: 4:03pm On Jul 16, 2013
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
mpi210:

Thanks bro.
My friends at the bank are kinda worried out that one is giving out too much information which they feel is not safe and advised me to for a draft.
Thanks for all your help

You are welcome....Use whatever means you feel comfortable with. The Bank draft however has to be made payable in Canada and it should be in Canadian dollar.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
Anyone applying under computer (except software)-noc 2174?
We need to rub minds.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by LadyGuinivere: 8:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
solomonwis:

1. PLEASE DO NOT ABBREVIATE write as much as the space provided can contain,leave the rest...You already have documents stating the name of the Institution attended.

2 & 3 - If you have a GT Bank Debit card,please provide the details as that will ease the payment.In fact,it will save you a lot of cost associated with raising bank draft. Moreover,the draft have to be in canadian Dollar and should be payable by a bank in Canada. In essence,a special arrangement has to be made with the bank where they'd issue a draft made payable in Canada on your behalf {This will not be a GT Bank Draft}. To save you the hassle,make the funds available in your account and provide your debit card details on the application form and the rest will be done by them.

4. Self-addressing mailing label is a label giving details of you and your address. They usually ask of this so they don't commit any mistake when sending any documents/letter/correspondence to you.

Also for the self addressed envelopes if you can type it or write in Caps to make writing real legible

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (322)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.