Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,110 members, 7,963,619 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 03:00 PM

Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here (839272 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Canada Freezes Federal Skilled Worker Program / Australian Immigration Visa GSM- Share Your Application Process Timelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (322) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:42am On Aug 24, 2013
jtopsy: Thanks Solomonwis,on a safe side, can i use maybe a "StanbicBank Naira Mastercard", i've got almost 2year Validation on that,the other that expires in 7months is USD.Your thought.
Thanks

Either the Naira Master card or the Dollar card is fine.

You need to be sure the Naira Master card is acceptable worldwide or the card is enabled for international transactions.

Since you have 2 years validity on the Naira Master Card, then it is better to make use of that (if your banker confirms it is enabled or international transactions)
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by jtopsy: 1:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
Thanks Solomonwis..

Either the Naira Master card or the Dollar card is fine.

You need to be sure the Naira Master card is acceptable worldwide or the card is enabled for international transactions.

Since you have 2 years validity on the Naira Master Card, then it is better to make use of that (if your banker confirms it is enabled or international transactions)[/quote]
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pjosysnet: 8:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
solomonwis: @kellyemms,

You can visit the site at www.cic.gc.ca,go to the skilled worker program page,you will get all the info there plus the application kits.

Have you written your IELTS yet?if yes,what's your band? What about your Educational Credentials Assessment(ECA)? Application kits comes when all of those ones are available
Pls if i may ask, is it that one will have to do the ELTS test first before he or she can start to apply for federal skill work? pls kindly respond. thank u while waiting.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
pjosysnet:
Pls if i may ask, is it that one will have to do the ELTS test first before he or she can start to apply for federal skill work? pls kindly respond. thank u while waiting.

Yes you've got to write the IELTS test and get your educational qualifications assessed by an authorised body. Both can be done at about the same time.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by imadebaby: 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
solomonwis:

Yes you've got to write the IELTS test and get your educational qualifications assessed by an authorised body. Both can be done at about the same time.

hello solomon have u filled your application and what occupation are u going for?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by vitalianoaraos: 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2013
solomonwis:

Job titles vary (and CIC understand this much), you should not have any problem applying under that eligible occupation as long as your job description/work experience is in line with the National occupational classification of your job's main duties.

so you are good to go, don't wait any longer!

hi solomonwis,
thank you so much.

i got another question please.

proof of funds: my total asset declared in my financial statement is 23,000 canadian dollar, but my total cash at the bank is only 10k. the rest are my house and my car value. we are family of 4. is this enough as proof of fund? thanks
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 8:29am On Aug 25, 2013
Now that computer programmers cap has reached, they will quickly switch to computer except software. Wahala dey oooo. Anyone still applying for computer except software still has a chance though. Afterall, it has not reached 250 which is close to 300.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by IYANGBALI: 8:59am On Aug 25, 2013
michaeladesiyan: To write the exam at british council lagos cost about 35k. @Solomon any cheaper place to write it. I want to write it asap
yes you can also go to ajangbadi commercial high school lagos for the exams
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by IYANGBALI: 9:00am On Aug 25, 2013
vitaliano_araos:

hi solomonwis,
thank you so much.

proof of funds: my total asset declared in my financial statement is 23,000 canadian dollar, but my total cash at the bank is only 10k. the rest are my house and my car value. we are family of 4. is this enough as proof of fund? thanks
no you need more
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by 222rayo(f): 9:09am On Aug 25, 2013
Thanks Solomonwis,i check my work experience it does fall under the financial and business analyst.I want to be sure of my eligibility first before i start working towards next year.I intended doing my masters or ACCA there before i learnt about the FSWP.Please Solomon i need your advise and if you have list of affordable schools in Canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pjosysnet: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2013
solomonwis:

Thanks so much solomonwise. Pls as d main person who is applying for it does it mean dat my wife who is my dependent will also do d IELST or just me alone? thank u.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by vitalianoaraos: 6:26pm On Aug 25, 2013
IYA NGBALI: no you need more

hello Iya,

Thanks for the info. Very disappointed to know this, i got points but proof of fund is not enough. cry
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
222rayo: Thanks Solomonwis,i check my work experience it does fall under the financial and business analyst.I want to be sure of my eligibility first before i start working towards next year.I intended doing my masters or ACCA there before i learnt about the FSWP.Please Solomon i need your advise and if you have list of affordable schools in Canada.

Queries relating to schooling in Canada can be posted here https://www.nairaland.com/1229480/travelling-canada-part-4/286

I know MUN to be one of the schools with the lowest tuition in Canada.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
pjosysnet: Thanks so much solomonwise. Pls as d main person who is applying for it does it mean dat my wife who is my dependent will also do d IELST or just me alone? thank u.

Both you and your wife can write the IELTS test.

Your wife's Language test will earn you additional 5 points if she has a minimum of CLB level 4.

You can however decide not to include your spouse's language test if you meet the minimum required points of 67.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 9:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
vitaliano_araos:

hi solomonwis,
thank you so much.

Required proof of funds for a family of 4 is $20,654CAD. please note that your car and properties does not qualify for proof of funds as proof of funds can only come in the form of
•cash
•documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
•documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pjosysnet: 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2013
[quote author=solomonwis]

Required proof of funds for a family of 4 is $20,654CAD. please note that your car and properties does not qualify for proof of funds as proof of funds can only come in the form of
•cash
•documents that show property or capital payable to you (such as stocks, bonds, debentures, treasury bills, etc.) or
•documents that guarantee payment of a set amount of money, which are payable to you (such as bankers’ drafts, cheques, travellers’ cheques or money orders).
[
Thnks so much my friend solomonwise. now if it is for a family of 5 how much am i lookoing at as our required proof of funds? thanks once again for ur reply.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by imadebaby: 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
what of pension retirement funds cAN dat be proof of funds too?

solomonwis:

•cash
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:47am On Aug 26, 2013
pjosysnet: Thnks so much my friend solomonwise. now if it is for a family of 5 how much am i lookoing at as our required proof of funds? thanks once again for ur reply.

you can get details about proof of funds here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 6:51am On Aug 26, 2013
imadebaby: what of pension retirement funds cAN dat be proof of funds too?

Pension funds can qualify as proof of funds as long as you demonstrate that the fund is readily available/easily accessible to you. Pension funds must be unencumbered.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 8:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
Dear Nairalander
For those still having doubts about GTB debit cards and any other nigerian payment card, my Gtb debit card was debited on 21st for close to 198k and CIC sent me a mail today that my application will be sent to visa office for further processing

As has been said in this forum repeatedly just load you card with enough Doe in excess of 200k and if possible test the card by buying something online and see if it works.if it does not call your bank and rectify the issue. It will be very painful if ones application is returned because of failed transaction which has happened to a handful of people

Wishing fellow Nairalander the best and praying for more good news in this forum. At least am 50% at rest now. God bless you all for keeping this forum going
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 27, 2013
ifechukwukamso: Dear Nairalander
For those still having doubts about GTB debit cards and any other nigerian payment card, my Gtb debit card was debited on 21st for close to 198k and CIC sent me a mail today that my application will be sent to visa office for further processing

As has been said in this forum repeatedly just load you card with enough Doe in excess of 200k and if possible test the card by buying something online and see if it works.if it does not call your bank and rectify the issue. It will be very painful if ones application is returned because of failed transaction which has happened to a handful of people

Wishing fellow Nairalander the best and praying for more good news in this forum. At least am 50% at rest now. God bless you all for keeping this forum going

Congrats on that.You're half-way there.I guess N198 is for tow individual.Do they still ship it to Accra?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 3:40am On Aug 28, 2013

The 198k is for how many people?

I am just thinking,could it be for 2 people {$1,100CAD}?if it is,then the exchange rate applied is way out of this world! That will make it almost N180 to $1CAD.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 8:41am On Aug 28, 2013
solomonwis:

The 198k is for how many people?

I am just thinking,could it be for 2 people {$1,100CAD}?if it is,then the exchange rate applied is way out of this world! That will make it almost N180 to $1CAD.

3 people. 2 adults and an under 18 child
1250 CAD precisely 197,875.97
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 9:06am On Aug 28, 2013
Just to say my initial post of having above 200k in the credit or debit card is for people with 3 peole in their application like me.
Baseline is just have atleast 10k above what you are required to pay to mitigate fluctuations of
Exchange rate. But even more importantly do a little online transaction to be sure it work
Cheers
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by rayo2002: 10:56am On Aug 28, 2013
ifechukwukamso:

Cheers

Congrats. Please what's ur NOC?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2013
ifechukwukamso:

Cheers

Oh that's ok then.

Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by ifechukwukamso: 4:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
rayo2002:

Congrats. Please what's ur NOC?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by pjonesm: 5:14pm On Aug 28, 2013
please where can i register for TOEFL in nigeria ?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by minaxconcept: 10:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
i have issues with my transcript .ASUU is on strike ,i cant get my transcript .do anyone have any idea how this can be resolved?
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by solomonwis(m): 10:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
minaxconcept: i have issues with my transcript .ASUU is on strike ,i cant get my transcript .do anyone have any idea how this can be resolved?

I have always thought ASUU has got nothing to do with the issuance of transcripts.....Shouldn't that be the responsibility of Non-Academic Staff?

Which school did you grad from, maybe others who graduate from the same school can help out.
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by glamour4few: 2:19am On Aug 29, 2013
solomonwis:

I have always thought ASUU has got nothing to do with the issuance of transcripts.....Shouldn't that be the responsibility of Non-Academic Staff?

Which school did you grad from, maybe others who graduate from the same school can help out.

Dear Nairalander
I have the same challenge as minaxconcept. My school is UNILAG were I got a masters degree from. Please can anyone help direct me on who I can call? I dont mind greasing hands to get this transcript. Thanks for your anticipated help
Re: Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here by sholean: 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2013

Congrats! Please when was your Application received?

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (322)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.