Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,880 members, 7,959,753 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 06:38 AM

General UK Visa Enquiries - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General UK Visa Enquiries (308808 Views)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (145) (Go Down)

Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2008
Was anyone fighting in the first instance? cheesy
Anyways, i hope everyone is clear now. Cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:12pm On Jul 16, 2008
duksyjay:

no probs mate,so which of u dude is going for masters.holla
Duno mate def not me, did mine 2001 and have been working here in the Uk since then.I think its the other guy
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 9:18pm On Jul 16, 2008
duksyjay:

no probs mate,so which of u dude is going for masters.holla

grin, finished mine since 1985, Harvard class of '85!

[size=5pt]Just kidding[/size]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:32pm On Jul 16, 2008
IncaGold:

grin, finished mine since 1985, Harvard class of '85!

[size=5pt]Just kidding[/size]
ah 85? I was in primary 6 then, how old you B, chey man you OLD grin grin grin
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 9:41pm On Jul 16, 2008
yea right, old man indeed!
Was only kidding, lemme cross check with my dad, but i think i was in kindergarten (KG 3) school then. Not sure.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2008
IncaGold:

yea right, old man indeed!
Was only kidding, let me cross check with my dad, but i think i was in kindergarten (KG 3) school then. Not sure.

lol U sure, show your picture nah for your profile, look my profile you can see mine, I B small boy still, anyway no long thing
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by realcool: 10:17am On Jul 17, 2008
guy when i ask google the meaning of fast tracking it means those under family visitor can renew but cannot apply for 1st time.they must already have a visa b4.you are under the fast tracking if Ur family is there and u are a family visitor,but tourist visa even renewer are not allowed.pls confirm this.[b][/b]
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2008
realcool:

guy when i ask google the meaning of fast tracking it means those under family visitor can renew but cannot apply for 1st time.they must already have a visa before.you are under the fast tracking if your family is there and u are a family visitor,but tourist visa even renewer are not allowed.please confirm this.[b][/b]
Man the best way to get the correct info is to ring the BHC help line in Nigeria, then you have heard from teh horse's mouth, you feel me?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by adebayoor: 1:12pm On Jul 17, 2008
Attn: funkiebaby,mr pataki,vicjustice and erico,infact all the honourable nairalanders
Pse i need your advice

hi everyone, am new here.
i have been reading this forum for a very longtime but have never posted for once.
pse kindly i need your advice on this issue.
i applied for visa in nov 07 but was denied entry clearance into the uk by the ECO on balance of probability and forgery of bank statement.my sponsor is a legal practitioner,i appealled against the decision of the ECO in january 06, 08 and won my appeal in june 19, 08.my rep at the tribunal told me that the ECO in Nigeria here will call upon me.for about a month now,have not heard from the so called ECO.
Pse what do i do?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by chinesedoll(f): 4:45pm On Jul 17, 2008
@erico

abeg no give me hypertension o
people going for masters are not affected o!!

cos short term courses are d ones done within six months
its clearly stated there on their website
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Busybody2(f): 9:18pm On Jul 17, 2008
femigirl:

Can we all just get along grin

peace and love xxxxxxxxxxx

Spoilsport tongue
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 9:00am On Jul 18, 2008
adebayoor:

Attn: funkiebaby,mr pataki,vicjustice and erico,infact all the honourable nairalanders
Pse i need your advice

hi everyone, am new here.
i have been reading this forum for a very longtime but have never posted for once.
pse kindly i need your advice on this issue.
i applied for visa in nov 07 but was denied entry clearance into the uk by the ECO on balance of probability and forgery of bank statement.my sponsor is a legal practitioner,i appealled against the decision of the ECO in january 06, 08 and won my appeal in june 19, 08.my rep at the tribunal told me that the ECO in Nigeria here will call upon me.for about a month now,have not heard from the so called ECO.
Pse what do i do?

Which category of uk visa did you win the appeal?

Your appeal was allowed in June, the ECOs have i think 5days to appeal against the judgement, if they do not appeal, within 28 days or there about (can't remember the exact time frame), a copy of the judgement should have been sent to BHC and then you will be contacted.

If by early August you do not hear from them, send them an email stating your issue and quote your reference number.

If its a visiting visa, you will be called latest within the next three months (starting from July) to come along with your passport to their office. You might be lucky to get called earlier than that though.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by adebayoor: 12:29pm On Jul 18, 2008
Attn: funkiebaby
Which category of uk visa did you win the apply?

Your appeal was allowed in June, the ECOs have i think 5days to appeal against the judgement, if they do not appeal, within 28 days or there about (can't remember the exact time frame), a copy of the judgement should have been sent to BHC and then you will be contacted.

If by early August you do not hear from them, send them an email stating your issue and quote your reference number.

If its a visiting visa, you will be called latest within the next three months (starting from July) to come along with your passport to their office. You might be lucky to get called earlier than that though.

it is a student visa.am sure they have thier copy with them cos my rep at the uk has gotten his copy 2weeks earlier than i got mine.i discussed with my sponsor last 9t and he asked if my updated admission letter has been sent,i told him no but he said once i get that,i can dash down to the BDHC office and demand for my visa.
is that advisable?
am still working with an aviation company and i need to notify them that am leaving in a month period.also i will have to plan my trip as well within that one month.
pse advise me my sister
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by funkybaby(f): 1:28pm On Jul 18, 2008
adebayoor:

Attn: funkiebaby
it is a student visa.am sure they have their copy with them because my rep at the uk has gotten his copy 2weeks earlier than i got mine.i discussed with my sponsor last 9t and he asked if my updated admission letter has been sent,i told him no but he said once i get that,i can dash down to the BDHC office and demand for my visa.
is that advisable?
am still working with an aviation company and i need to notify them that am leaving in a month period.also i will have to plan my trip as well within that one month.
pse advise me my sister[/color]

Alright. The most important thing to do right now is to contact your school and tell them to give you an updated admission letter. The embassy will expect you to have this by the time you are called. Also tell your sponsor that you might be asked to present a current bank statement has well, so make sure that area is covered.

What is the school's date of resumption?
Have you called the embassy on their office numbers to 'remind' them?
Which of BHC's email addresses have you been sending your mails to?
What was the contents of the last email sent to you?

You can't just go to BHC's office and demand for your visa. Lol. It does not work that way. You would not even get past the security post.

What you can do is to take a copy of the determination along with you to BHC and give it to the security men at the gate.

They would also advice on whats best for you to do and also forward the letter/determination to the personnel in charge.

Regarding your job/a month notice to resign, that might be a little difficult because BHC can call you to come pick up your visa 'as late' as two days to the commencement of your programme in UK.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 2:06pm On Jul 18, 2008
chinesedoll:

@erico

abeg no give me hypertension o
people going for masters are not affected o!!

because short term courses are d ones done within six months
its clearly stated there on their website
ah I no fit give you hypertension nah, I believe say your level pass so, anyway, we are here in the Uk, info we get is 2nd hand,as regards Nigeria and BHS etc, SO i would suggest anyone wanting to find the right info ring BHC help line of mail them cos diffrent people interprint varios things they read in diffrent ways Oh !!! grin grin
I dont give hypertention, I kick asses cool
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kizzymack(m): 2:24pm On Jul 18, 2008
Hey guys

can u pls give me tips on applying for a medical visa for my uncle.
He already has the appt. letter and he has an older 2yr UK visa that has expired in 2005.

Please help w/ info like recommended visa period (6months, 1 yr, etc)
Other info that I can include to make it look good.

thanks yo
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by adebayoor: 6:35pm On Jul 18, 2008
Attn: funkie baby
the school have sent an updated admission letter but am yet to receive it.What is the school's date of resumption?
15/09/08
Have you called the embassy on their office numbers to 'remind' them?
i dont know the number to call,pls help me[/color][color=#990000]

Which of BHC's email addresses have you been sending your mails to?
i dont know any email to send it to,pls help with that

What was the contents of the last email sent to you?
no means of communication with them yet.[color=#990000][/color]

thanks for been there alwaz

have a nice weekend.cheers
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Nobody: 8:39pm On Jul 18, 2008
Funkybabe, akolawole, vor and any other person highly knowledgeable in matters of immigration, i know you're really busy and all but please i need a contact number or email addy to get in touch with you. I have a pressing question and for reasons best known to me, I do not want to post it on this thread. Be rest assured that I have read through all forums and no post or 'supposed' solution pertains to this issue at all. u can contact me on fn_issey@yahoo.com Thanks
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by kadman(m): 10:57am On Jul 19, 2008
@ Adebayor

BHC Numbers

In my experince,the 3rd number works,it's mostly busy,but if you keep trying it goes through, call early in the morning,before it gets bery busy. Good luck.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 5:23pm On Jul 19, 2008
@kizzymack

When applying for medical, you must show sufficient evidence to so convince the hospital you are refered for a medical.

Your last medical report will indicate the conditions of health, last treatment and drugs used, and the proposed treatment.

An appointment will be sent which should contain the name of the doctor and hospital, the kind of treatment to be delivered, the charges and the duration.

Documents you need in supporting a medical application are
1. Last Medical report from a local doctor
2. Appointment letter from the host doctor
3. Medical history
4. Sponsorship details, if your uncle his sponsoring himself his bank statement will be neede.If he's employed his employment details will be needed.
5. Depending on the ailment, there might be need for an accompany.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by erico2k2(m): 9:47am On Jul 20, 2008
isi01:

Funkybabe, akolawole, vor and any other person highly knowledgeable in matters of immigration, i know you're really busy and all but please i need a contact number or email addy to get in touch with you. I have a pressing question and for reasons best known to me, I do not want to post it on this thread. Be rest assured that I have read through all forums and no post or 'supposed' solution pertains to this issue at all. u can contact me on fn_issey@yahoo.com Thanks
Dear Poster, this is an informative thread, you experience might be shared with someone else, so please ask your question in the General thread as everyone from everywhere sees it and you can get loads of responce and by the way, most of us are abroad and wont like to give out our Emails/Numbers out as we don't know you and these informations are personal to close members of our families and friend however personal your case is, please state it on here and if anyone feels or is/are compelled to send you their contact they will OK!
good luck. wink
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2008
Pls lets discontinue the post on anonymous.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by IncaGold(m): 3:59pm On Jul 21, 2008
@ vikiviko,
Fake this, fake that.
vikiviko:

This is an email from an anonymous who needs answers to a problem,please help out.

Hello,

she suggested doing a fake statement of result that would have the 04 matric number but i told her its not wise as she is 'supposed to have just finished school' so there's no way it could be ready by august and the bhc would find her out. she suggested a fake to whom it may concern letter as it seems more applicable for someone who's just finished. what do you suggest?

No doubt the BHC will continue treating Nigerians like rogues. Imagine! I'll suggest she gets a FAKE NYSC CERTIFICATE as well. To complement everything.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by femigirl(f): 7:14pm On Jul 21, 2008
what is the update for applying for visiting visa to UK? Are they still not dealing with new applications?
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by mynemo: 7:48pm On Jul 21, 2008
Please help!! I have unconditional letter and want to apply!this is the problem, is it ok to sponsor myself cause i want to sell off car (wont need it) and some stock! But this is july and i want to apply Aug 4th, so most of my money wld be comin in this week, am i too late and would the money look like the lump sum one has to avoid. Should i just find someone who has a steady money flow and use their account? Was a bit undecided about goin and my husband really wasnt helpin things, so money comin in 2 wks before i apply is that dodgy, I have like 600k there though and its a salary account. I was aiming at 3m in my account and 1m at CSCS, i have paid 2/3 of my school fees 2day actually.
What should i do? undecided
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 8:18pm On Jul 21, 2008
@Viviko

I don't think its right for you to bring an anonymous query to Nairaland.

What do you take us for?

None of us is Jobless.

Yes, we do it for free but due respect has to be given.

@Funke, Pataki and others

You knew our agreement on such though Funke seems to be the only that break that rule ANYHOW.

I might have to ban Funke.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by japanista: 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2008
Hello nairalanders. I'm new on here. I see you guys are really helpful and i think its such a great thing that we nigerians are getting into. My question is I went for the BCIE fair at Ikeja today and even though I have a B in English as per my WAEC certificate, It was suggested by the british rep that I do ielts since i want to a course in public relations. what do you guys think because I think I do not need to prove my english language abilities when I was taught in english and speak it fluently too.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 2:04pm On Jul 22, 2008
@mynemo

If your inetnded school is resuming by september , you can still submit .

Its adviceable your have a sponsor who can support with his financial documents and you add your employment and bank statement as a back up.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2008
@Akolawole

So sorry.

Lets just help.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Akolawole(m): 12:38am On Jul 23, 2008
vikiviko:

@Akolawole

So sorry.

Lets just help.

Help anonymous? Help Fake Fake?

Even though i knew how to go around fake Statements but why must we promote criminality?

Remember there is a stigma following Nigerians wherever we go, when are we going to remove that stigma? This has nothing to do with Yaradua but us(Nigerians).

I am sorry if i am too harsh maybe Oluwafunmike and Pataki would help in this.
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by Pataki: 1:04am On Jul 23, 2008
Help with what? Fake letters from school to get 6 months visiting visa?

When the fake documents were been used, did I know about it? It is time, we as Nigerians began to stand for the truth at most times.

I will rather want to be a pioneer in that, than design strategies to beat BHC in using fake documents.

Good luck to the poster. Sometime I wish I was an immigration officer, I most times think they are too mumu for my liking seriously. angry

Sorry Londoncool if you happen to read my statements here. sad sad
Re: General UK Visa Enquiries by vikiviko(m): 9:33am On Jul 23, 2008
Please discontinue the discussion on the anonymous.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (145)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.