Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,525 members, 7,961,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 10:54 AM

NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship (7257 Views)

The Return of NPFL Nite Matches - The Enugu Rangers Experience (Pictures) / Lmc Advocates End To European Clubs’ Sponsorship By Nigerian Firms / Kano Pillars Wins Nigeria League (NPFL) For The Third Successive Time. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by honeric01(m): 10:59am On May 08, 2013
ibrash600:
Well said bro, I can't even remember the last time i watch Nigerian league, poor camera, poor commentaries, poor officiating by refs, attimes you won't knw d diff btw Manager & supporter, dy dress smehw...smh

Yet you think you deserve to have an opinion over what you don't even watch? Can you talk about what you don't know?
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by AjanleKoko: 11:04am On May 08, 2013
Mr Aboki: [size=13pt]Glo just wasted their money on the Nigerian league.

I would have thought that GLO would have watched the documentary on how the EPL was rebranded, repackaged and upgraded from what it used to be to what it currently is. I wonder if they just throw money at every and anything that moves for nothing. GLO should have given them some solid conditions for sponsorship. Its very sad to see some clubs play matches with no names on their jerseys. The jerseys and other club paraphenelia are not even available to fans for purchase. Before splashing all that cash on the NPL, GLO should have insisted on alot of changes that must be met within a period of their sponsorship. Even the Clubs should start soliciting sponsors. I'll like to see a Dolphins F.C jersey designed by Nike or Puma and avialable for sale, with the club having a good website, good fan/club relationship, e.t.c.

Clubs need to repair their images as well. You watch english clubs and their players all have to behave and act a certain way. They wear suits to match venues, all with the clubs colors on their ties, they are well behaved and composed, e.t.c. I will never forget meeting a Nigerian clubside on a flight back from Ghana. If it were a bus, I would have stopped mid way and taken abother. Even the NPL managers need to find a way of making the league interesting and appealing to Nigerians. I would even say that Ghanas Local football league has somehow advanced way more than ours in terms of followership. Infact, you can spot an Ashanti Kotoko fan from a mile out. On match days, everyone is glued to a radio set to listen to commentaries..

I'm sorry, but I cant really excitedly relate to this news as I feel its just another waste of effort..
[/size]

You have a point.
It's left to the league administrators to reorganize and rebrand the league into an exciting product that can be bought into by sponsors, viewers, and so on. For now, it is being run the way we run stuff in Nigeria, everybody's cake which nobody wants to bake. embarassed
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by Chartey(m): 11:44am On May 08, 2013
honeric01:

Yet you think you deserve to have an opinion over what you don't even watch? Can you talk about what you don't know?
U dey mind am. Ask him abt d last match he watched even if it's last 3 years, he wont be able to say sh.it.
Them go dey form class when rather it takes class to watch d league as u'll need SS9 or buy tickets at d stadium. No b viewing centre all o' dem dey watch eurofoot?
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by AjanleKoko: 11:50am On May 08, 2013
honeric01:

@Honeric,
I am afraid I am also guilty of same. But do you know what the sponsorship money is meant for?
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by honeric01(m): 1:19pm On May 08, 2013
AjanleKoko:

@Honeric,
I am afraid I am also guilty of same. But do you know what the sponsorship money is meant for?

Bro, check the link to the news, check goal.com and check other relevant news sources the same way you seek for information on anything La Liga or Barcelona cheesy, what the money is meant for can be seen there if the one here is not enough.

Chartey:
U dey mind am. Ask him abt d last match he watched even if it's last 3 years, he wont be able to say sh.it.
Them go dey form class when rather it takes class to watch d league as u'll need SS9 or buy tickets at d stadium. No b viewing centre all o' dem dey watch eurofoot?

Some of them can't even name the 20 clubs in the NPFL, yet they are quick to type 10,000 letter words just to speak ill of what they know little about.
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by AjanleKoko: 1:39pm On May 08, 2013
honeric01:

Bro, check the link to the news, check goal.com and check other relevant news sources the same way you seek for information on anything La Liga or Barcelona cheesy, what the money is meant for can be seen there if the one here is not enough.

Actually that's not helpful. undecided
There's not much information on the Goal.com Nigeria site. FC Barcelona has a website of their own, plus thousands of blogs providing info. You can even get a lot of financial info on European football on Swiss Ramble. Is there any kind of published and publicly-available financial information relating to football clubs in Nigeria?
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by honeric01(m): 1:59pm On May 08, 2013
AjanleKoko:

There's not much information on the Goal.com Nigeria site. FC Barcelona has a website of their own, plus thousands of blogs providing info. You can even get a lot of financial info on European football on Swiss Ramble. Is there any kind of published and publicly-available financial information relating to football clubs in Nigeria?

They are on the internet, just use google bro. wink
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by Chartey(m): 6:47pm On May 08, 2013
AjanleKoko:

And u think Nigerian clubs dont have websites?? Ur ignorance is deeper than i thought. Use google before typing pls.
Re: NPFL GetS N1.89BN Title Sponsorship by tck2000(m): 10:33pm On May 31, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

That Guy Lying Down There Is The FIFA President In The Neighborhood / Selection Headache For Rohr As Seychelles Game Draws Near / I Want To Help You Grow And Hit Alabi Hard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.