Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,865 members, 7,959,719 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 04:50 AM

N20,000 Bribe For Temporary University Licence? What A Sick Joke. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / N20,000 Bribe For Temporary University Licence? What A Sick Joke. (426 Views)

Would You Pay Bribe For Your Child To Pass Exams?if They Ask You Too / Parents Pay Bribe For Children’s Admission To Eton- Dailymail / Gbagi Gave Me $50,000 Bribe Says Fupre Vc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

N20,000 Bribe For Temporary University Licence? What A Sick Joke. by TDN: 9:42pm On May 15, 2013
Ordinarily, the National Universities Commission (NUC) would not want to comment on a case that is in court, but it is left with no other choice, going by the way the story of an alleged bribery of the Executive Secretary, NUC, Professor Julius A. Okojie, OON, has gone viral. ‘EXPOSED’, one headline screamed.

The Commission took one Pius Nwachukwu and his wife, Chika, to court for operating an illegal university in Orozo, a border town between the Federal Capital Territory and Nasarawa State, but in his defence, Nwachukwu claimed that he was issued a ‘TEMPORARY APPROVAL’ (a term that does not exist in NUC’s licensing regime) after giving Professor Okojie
N20, 000 to fuel his car. Infra dignitatem! (below the dignity of one's character).

According to online reports, Nwachukwu said “I have a PhD certificate in Theology from Temple University International, my Alma Mata, and I am the representative of the school in Nigeria.” This man, who the Executive Secretary has never met, told the court “Mr. Okojie, who is the Director General of the National Universities Commission gave me the approval based on the existing relationship we had for long.”

http://www.facebook.com/pages/National-Universities-Commission/153655261473222

(1) (Reply)

N.d.a / Indian Education / A Licensed Dog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.