Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,049 members, 7,936,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:27 AM

Lebanese Man Arrested For Kidnapping 61 Year Old Aunt In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lebanese Man Arrested For Kidnapping 61 Year Old Aunt In Lagos (596 Views)

Nephews Kidnap, Torture, Kill 63-yr-old Aunt Who Raised Them (pictured) / 61-year-old Guard Rapes Two Sisters, Gives Them N200 / 19-Year-Old Boy Murders Aunt In Akwa Ibom (Graphic Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lebanese Man Arrested For Kidnapping 61 Year Old Aunt In Lagos by roccio(m): 1:56pm On May 24, 2013
A 23 year old Lebanese man has been arrested by police in Lagos for kidnapping his 61 year old aunt, Alhaja Essa Dannawi. Mohammed Dannawi (pictured above) conspired with a former employee of his aunt, Obi Kwentua, (pictured above) to kidnap the woman on May 2nd at her home in Ebute Meta, Lagos.

Mohammed, who later confessed to the crime, told police during interrogation that he didn't kidnap his aunt because of money but to punish her because she offended him and his wife. He said:

“My aunty did something very bad to my wife and I and so I decided to punish her. I met with Obi (Kwentua) and told him that I wanted my aunty kidnapped. I gave him the spare key to her house and he in turn hired some boys to do the work. On the day of the operation, I left the house and five guys stormed the place and took my aunty away. The plan was not to demand money from her, it was just punishment.”

Punish your own relation by kidnapping her? Wow! Continue reading...

After the kidnapping, the kidnappers demanded N100m ransom from the woman's family but later agreed to collect N4m. It was during negotiations with the kidnappers that Mohammed confessed to being behind the kidnap and with his co-operation the police were able to arrest one of the suspects, Obi Kwentua when he came to collect the N4million ransom from relatives of the victim at Rita Lori Hotel in Surulere.

Essa Dannawi was later released while Mohammed and Kwentua were arrested

http://www.tundeola.com/2013/05/lebanese-man-arrested-for-kidnapping-61.html

Re: Lebanese Man Arrested For Kidnapping 61 Year Old Aunt In Lagos by Daniepris(f): 2:47pm On May 24, 2013
No vex oo, is the picture above or below?Now to the topic...
His aunt should kidnap him too to make things equal and easy.

(1) (Reply)

Somalis March In Cape Town Against South Africa Attacks / 25-year Old Man Murders His Mother And Two Sisters / Police Parade Gay Pastor For Alleged Rape Of Member (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.