Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,961 members, 7,960,021 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 11:42 AM

Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread - Phones (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (346834 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by coobboy(m): 9:21am On Jul 23, 2013
Kamaye: Tecno sef! i thought it was just 3 months ago that f7 was released into the market, instead of updating the software and fixing the bugs associated with phantom A, they now decided bring on phantom A+ meaning if you want a better one you must get rid of yours and buy the A+. this is unacceptable, tecno should stop using nigerians as tools for their silly expirenment.
Guy its not only us see tecno are following the footsteps of cherrymobile omega and cherrymobile omega 2.0 ) look it up if u wanna
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Akell(m): 9:45am On Jul 23, 2013
Isiri:

Pls. I just bought new tecno f7 nd I notice that d two sim I inserted on it can't work d same time as dual sim operate.I had to switch one off for d 2nd to be active on call.pls can u pls help me out and also I can't subscribe for mtn bb plan on it,saying insufficent funds of which I hv over 1k on it.tankx
subcribin for bb data plan is a waste of resourceshttp://www.nairaland.com/1363529/all-data-plan-users-wise
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 9:48am On Jul 23, 2013
Lord Orochimaru: july 23 2014
Man,hope u don't have beef with this guy.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 9:50am On Jul 23, 2013
Coolstan: it has a 1.2ghz quad-core processor not a 2ghz processor
Hmm give d full specs nw,guy awake u r on d internet there is no geniune evidence dat d phone is out.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 10:14am On Jul 23, 2013
Kamaye: Tecno sef! i thought it was just 3 months ago that f7 was released into the market, instead of updating the software and fixing the bugs associated with phantom A, they now decided to bring on phantom A+ meaning if you want a better phone you must get rid of yours and buy the A+. this is unacceptable, tecno should stop using nigerians as tools for their silly expirenment.
no more team tecno?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 23, 2013
directonpc: no more team tecno?
lol...
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by LordOrochimaru(m): 11:56am On Jul 23, 2013
labellat:
grin
labellat:
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by akinlolusewanu9(m): 12:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
Coolstan: Thanks for the correction jere
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by MacEmeka: 12:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
Tecno self grin I've been watchin this tread for a while now . Tecno is a new brand so we all expect mistakes here and there . But hopefully they would improve on their products with time.for starters the battery life of the Tecno phantom F7 is a no no.then the OTA updates. I hope they will correct these anomalies in the subsiquent versions. Nevertheles its a good brand
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by MacEmeka: 12:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
color=#990000][/color] cheesy winkIs the phantom + really out? Let's have the link
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Blewusi: 12:58pm On Jul 23, 2013
Kamaye: Tecno sef! i thought it was just 3 months ago that f7 was released into the market, instead of updating the software and fixing the bugs associated with phantom A, they now decided to bring on phantom A+ meaning if you want a better phone you must get rid of yours and buy the A+. this is unacceptable, tecno should stop using nigerians as tools for their silly expirenment.
This is what I said some time ago and Tecno fans descended on me. They claim Tecno is CHEAPER and Samsung is MILKING them dry. In January this year, Tecno released N7. People complained of LOW RAM. Then they came out with PHANTOM A. Once again, some people complained of the battery. Instead of Tecno asking their customers to bring their phones to the service centre to UPDATE them MANUALLY (since they cannot do that via OTA), they chose to release a new phone: PHANTOM A+. Add the price of Phantom A and Phantom A+, is it not more than the price of Samsung mid range phones like Galaxy Grand Duos? Yet Samsung has never ABANDONED their customers the way Tecno does. Grand Duos was also released in January this year, and it has received SOFTWARE UPDATES to fix bugs. And the latest update for Grand Duos is Android 4.2.2. Phantom A+ has come with Android 4.2.1. In three months time, Tecno will release Phantom B running on Android 4.2.2. So who's milking its customers dry? Is Samsung or Tecno?

11 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by souljaboi51(m): 1:15pm On Jul 23, 2013
i got this tecno phantom a abt a month ago for 34k and i have just one word. its "AWESOME!!!" from d hd graphics, d processing speed, battery life, extra power pack, screen protector, 1gb ram, 8mp camera etc. the phone is just wonderful. chinko or not it meets my needs. video skyping, hotspot, name it. little diff compared to s3. good value for money and comes with warranty so if u have any problem within a year, just return it. besides, samsung is also chinko. made in asia aint it. all na packaging. glad i sold my bold 5

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by alorauzoms(m): 1:22pm On Jul 23, 2013
Mac Emeka: color=#990000][/color] cheesy winkIs the phantom + really out? Let's have the link
saw it in a phone shop (micro station) @ comp villa.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
Blewusi:
This is what I said some time ago and Tecno fans descended on me. They claim Tecno is CHEAPER and Samsung is MILKING them dry. In January this year, Tecno released N7. People complained of LOW RAM. Then they came out with PHANTOM A. Once again, some people complained of the battery. Instead of Tecno asking their customers to bring their phones to the service centre to UPDATE them MANUALLY (since they cannot do that via OTA), they chose to release a new phone: PHANTOM A+. Add the price of Phantom A and Phantom A+, is it not more than the price of Samsung mid range phones like Galaxy Grand Duos? Yet Samsung has never ABANDONED their customers the way Tecno does. Grand Duos was also released in January this year, and it has received SOFTWARE UPDATES to fix bugs. And the latest update for Grand Duos is Android 4.2.2. Phantom A+ has come with Android 4.2.1. In three months time, Tecno will release Phantom B running on Android 4.2.2. So who's milking its customers dry? Is Samsung or Tecno?
u are the only sensible guy on dis thread.... any phone tht dosnt support OTA update yet is still whack to me...

i have left d tecno world since... and im never comin bck till they make somting great .. bro i respect yhu

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by labellat: 1:25pm On Jul 23, 2013
Blewusi:
Pointless article,does samsung not upgrade their products and the OTA issue i think does who want that should not buy Tecno but don't be suprised if they start to get update anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
souljaboi51: i got this tecno phantom a abt a month ago for 34k and i have just one word. its "AWESOME!!!" from d hd graphics, d processing speed, battery life, extra power pack, screen protector, 1gb ram, 8mp camera etc. the phone is just wonderful. chinko or not it meets my needs. video skyping, hotspot, name it. little diff compared to s3. good value for money and comes with warranty so if u have any problem within a year, just return it. besides, samsung is also chinko. made in asia aint it. all na packaging. glad u sold my bold 5
ur still new to android, so i dont know how to explain to u tht ur phone and S3 no be mate ..

but till then sha... enjoy ur phone,lets watch if u no go sell am buy better tin befor 3months time
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by physise(m): 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2013
Blewusi:
i first still talk am b4 o

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by souljaboi51(m): 1:39pm On Jul 23, 2013
deejay_harry1: ur still new to android, so i dont know how to explain to u tht ur phone and S3 no be mate ..

but till then sha... enjoy ur phone,lets watch if u no go sell am buy better tin befor 3months time
bros am not new to android, av used a galaxy ace, pocket and htc sensation. i have also used an s3. used a bold 5 and i have an ipad 2. what can i say, i like my gadgets. money isnt the problem if u r calling tecno cheap. i have used all these phones and i can say i that my ratings are almost precise. belive me, its a great phone. lets wait n see sha.

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by victoor(m): 2:24pm On Jul 23, 2013
pls any one has 9mm on his phone......
and does or back stab force close
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 23, 2013
They called me all sort of names...etc even claim am using a Tecno N3 etc.....
Its the same story on TL3 thread rite now. A fan will always be a fan no matter what
As am a Chelsea fan, if we play good or bad, i'll support 'em but sumtyms we need to listen to others so we dnt fall victims of similar mistakes.
Threads are created for awareness, both pros and cons BUT to be sincere with u, the cons in Tecno plenty pass the pros xcept for the Rugged N3(only if Tecno culd upgrade this TN3 with 4GB ROM, 782RAM, Jelly Bean, 3.7" or 4"wink
But dem claim dem sabi pass go launch N7(fail) F7(fail) now F7+(Only God knows) Calculate the money e don reach u buy SGS4!!!
I don talk am, and if una like make una use AK47 scatter my mouth....cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by abouqi(f): 2:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
siayodeji: is there tecno f7 fairly used for sale? is there is, this my numb:08068582207

yeah, just at N30K. contact abouqi@yahoo.co.uk if interested.

I'm in Abj.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Blewusi: 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
souljaboi51:
bros am not new to android, av used a galaxy ace, pocket and htc sensation. i have also used an s3. used a bold 5 and i have an ipad 2. what can i say, i like my gadgets. money isnt the problem if u r calling tecno cheap. i have used all these phones and i can say i that my ratings are almost precise. belive me, its a great phone. lets wait n see sha.
if you have really used S3 as you claim, then you should know that Phantom A+ comes nowhere near S3. Galaxy S3 came out the box running on Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.04) just like Tecno N7. Where's Tecno N7 now? Still stuck with ICS, whilst your S3 has been UPGRADED to Jelly Bean 4.1.2. And 4.2.2 has also been released for S3. A few days ago, there was a RUMOUR that Samsung is SKIPPING 4.2.2 for S3 and rather releasing 4.3 for it. And Samsung promised to UPGRADE S3 to KEY LIME PIE (Android 5.0). This is what I expect you Tecno fans to demand from Tecno: SOFTWARE and OTA UPDATES, instead of Tecno making you buy NEW phones every three (3) months in order to enjoy the latest version of Android. I used to be a Tecno fan, but I ABANDONED them because of this. Because I know Samsung will SUPPORT my phone (OTA) for the next three years without buying a new phone. Just like how they supported S2 for the past two (2) years. Don't forget S2 came out of the box with Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread). But it's currently running on Android 4.1.2. And Samsung promised 4.2.2 will be the LAST UPDATE for S2. I rest my case.

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by NanlaLakan: 3:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
Samsantos9:
how much did you buy it?
how good is it?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mcgboye(m): 3:09pm On Jul 23, 2013
I actually think the best you can do to enjoy your phone, whichever one you finally decide to buy, is to avoid going through any of the threads here (unless of course if you have a complaint or something you need advice on). There will ALWAYS be someone here to say something bad about the phone. Even if you've used it for months and enjoyed it, by the time you come here you start noticing faults you never knew existed with you phone.

I use an iPhone 4s and the only thing I do with it is social media - mostly twitter and some facebook, yet I have never used it for more than 5hrs of consistent use before the battery drains. But I'm sure some people get more than that on their F7, E3, S4 and other phones.

That's my bit.

3 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by physise(m): 3:10pm On Jul 23, 2013
Godvilla: They called me all sort of names...etc even claim am using a Tecno N3 etc.....
Its the same story on TL3 thread rite now. A fan will always be a fan no matter what
As am a Chelsea fan, if we play good or bad, i'll support 'em but sumtyms we need to listen to others so we dnt fall victims of similar mistakes.
Threads are created for awareness, both pros and cons BUT to be sincere with u, the cons in Tecno plenty pass the pros xcept for the Rugged N3(only if Tecno culd upgrade this TN3 with 4GB ROM, 782RAM, Jelly Bean, 3.7" or 4"wink
But dem claim dem sabi pass go launch N7(fail) F7(fail) now F7+(Only God knows) Calculate the money e don reach u buy SGS4!!!
lobatan grin
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 23, 2013
mcgboye: I actually think the best you can do to enjoy your phone, whichever one you finally decide to buy, is to avoid going through any of the threads here (unless of course if you have a complaint or something you need advice on). There will ALWAYS be someone here to say something bad about the phone. Even if you've used it for months and enjoyed it, by the time you come here you start noticing faults you never knew existed with you phone.

I use an iPhone 4s and the only thing I do with it is social media - mostly twitter and some facebook, yet I have never used it for more than 5hrs of consistent use before the battery drains. But I'm sure some people get more than that on their F7, E3, S4 and other phones.

That's my bit.

iPhone devices are known for Bad bat3 backups.
We are talking about Android and not iOS pleeeaase!!!

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Remo4: 3:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
Godvilla: They called me all sort of names...etc even claim am using a Tecno N3 etc.....

Explain what you mean by "FAIL", is it bcs tecno doε̲̣̣̣̥sn't have OTA updates that their devices(n7 and f7) failed? Does their devices OS crashes ie booting issues, not receiving calls, not being able τ̅☺ browse anymore or screen just goes blank? For the fact that tecno product havnt started having OTA updates doε̲̣̣̣̥sn't mean the devices have failed. Choose your words properly
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mcgboye(m): 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2013
Godvilla,
I didn't intend to engage in unnecessary arguments here, especially with you since you obviously know a lot more about phones than I do (no offence meant, I hope none taken), but I was only making a general observation, having gone through this section for some days.

However, permit me, are you saying Android phones are better than iOS devices (battery-wise) and by inference, Tecno range of smartphones have stronger batteries than iPhones. Because if that is the case (you response seems to suggest that), then I wouldn't be too concerned if I was using a Phantom A1.

Also, what are your thoughts about the Phantom tab N9?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2013
mcgboye: Godvilla,
I didn't intend to engage in unnecessary arguments here, especially with you since you obviously know a lot more about phones than I do (no offence meant, I hope none taken), but I was only making a general observation, having gone through this section for some days.

However, permit me, are you saying Android phones are better than iOS devices (battery-wise) and by inference, Tecno range of smartphones have stronger batteries than iPhones. Because if that is the case (you response seems to suggest that), then I wouldn't be too concerned if I was using a Phantom A1.

Also, what are your thoughts about the Phantom tab N9?
Bat3 backup on Android are better dan Iphone(fact)
U might nt be concerned but u'll be wen bat3 percentage drops 4rm 90 to 45 in a giffy....
I wuldnt talk much abt the Tecno N9, make people no say i don buy am dash my grannny.....
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 23, 2013
Remo4:

Explain what you mean by "FAIL", is it bcs tecno doε̲̣̣̣̥sn't have OTA updates that their devices(n7 and f7) failed? Does their devices OS crashes ie booting issues, not receiving calls, not being able τ̅☺ browse anymore or screen just goes blank? For the fact that tecno product havnt started having OTA updates doε̲̣̣̣̥sn't mean the devices have failed. Choose your words properly
Its more dan just OTA updates... Hardware specs and software specs/features makes up a gud Android fone........
I remebr in a post, i said Tecno are flying high cos there is no competition 4rm other Chinese OEMs in Nigeria. I bet Tecno no go see last carry if they venture in2 Indian market cos the competion is high and intense ova there.
Now check out the Gionee E3 giving Tecno a run for their money with up to date hardware specs for just 35k!!!
Wen i see a good phone, i'll commend it(though there might be flaws but the good side over shadows it)
i aint hating on Tecno neither am i a fan of Gionee BUT, so far, so good *Gionee takes it all*
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Remo4: 3:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
Godvilla: Its more dan just OTA updates... Hardware specs and software specs/features makes up a gud Android fone........
I remebr in a post, i said Tecno are flying high cos there is no competition 4rm other Chinese OEMs in Nigeria. I bet Tecno no go see last carry if they venture in2 Indian market cos the competion is high and intense ova there.
Now check out the Gionee E3 giving Tecno a run for their money with up to date hardware specs for just 35k!!!
Wen i see a good phone, i'll recommend it(though there might be flaws but the good side over shadows it)
i aint hating on Tecno neither am i a fan of Gionee BUT, so far, so good *Gionee takes it all*

Okay, I see what you mean by FAIL, based on these facts I give up a thumbs up, well said.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by lat4real: 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2013
Lol... Gionee users are also attacking tecno users. You people are complaining that tecno release phone every three months, tell me which company isn't doing that? Samsung galaxy s4 has 5 different versions with different chips, core, gpu, lte, and so on... What about Sony? Or HTC? All of them are the same. Samsung in particular launches new phone every month, the only advantage they have is OTA, which I'm very sure tecno will come up with soon. You can't expect them to launch only one phone a year in a market where there is fierce competition. Buy phone that suits your needs, enjoy it. Don't buy phone because people are buying it, look for what you like and go for it.

Last Bullet>>> If you are using zopo, umi, thl, and other China based, and you come here dey badmouth tecno, God go punish you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (161) (Reply)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / How To Unlock Your Swift, Smile Etc MIFI To Use Ntel Sim. / PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.