Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,147 members, 7,960,609 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 06:16 AM

British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians (11963 Views)

NOI: 70% Of Nigerians Approves Buhari's 30 Days Performance / I ‘ve No Regrets Losing To Buhari – Jonathan / Buhari Leaves London On British Airways For Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 05, 2008
hello guys

i took BA to lagos last weekend and came back today with it. and i really really enjoyed the service rendered by them
the only difference i notice between them and my favorite KLM is the quality of food , i sure hate that bacon and bread they served me between amsterdam and london, every other thing was way okay. at every point in time the crew/pilot was keeping us informed of everything happening around us,

i have flown Klm and luftansa many times but i don't think BA is as bad as we are trying to represent them here although this is my first time with BA

even at the Terminal5 a lot of foregners(mostly chinese and blacks) were there to render assistance at anypoint . i have never been treated this special at any other airports i have been, even our lagos airport wont treat me anybetter. if not extort money from me as usual and make u feel bad your the one travelling and not them.

i am not claiming BA is a saint for a company but the truth is simple they r not as bad as we have been saying here.

enjoy
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by baby4u2(f): 8:38pm On May 05, 2008
KOBOjunkie thanks for responding to everything i wrote. So therefore if they rob me in my University i should sue the police department for not doing their job? Thank YOu. You said i should read and read the thread well. so where didnt i read. some people said he committed a crime? which crime? hope you know i read the initial  post, when the guy said he just told the police please don't kill him. what is there in what he said? You too read well sir. lastly i don't know what my na wa nigerians should stop harrassing themselves has do with me reading page one. Please don't refer to my post just carry on.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 8:41pm On May 05, 2008
baby4u2:

KOBOjunkie thanks for responding to everything i wrote. So therefore if they rob me in my University i should sew the police department for not doing their job? Thank YOu. You said i should read and read the thread well. so where didnt i read. some people said he committed a crime? which crime? hope you know i read the initial  post, when the guy said he just told the police please don't kill him. what is there in what he said? You too read well sir. lastly i don't know what my na wa nigerians should stop harrassing themselves has do with me reading page one. Please don't refer to my post just carry on.

You still do not get it do you? Please let us STop acting like imbeciles. Your university analogy there completely makes no sense here . The MAN confronted BRITISH police on British Airways plane. Tweaking your analogy, it would be You Thinking you can get away with insulting State Police while you are on University Campus and then blaming the university when you get arrested by the State Police men you insulted right there on Campus. THINK THINK THINK!!! it is not rocket Science.!!!!

Do you think that just cause you are on campus, you can break state Law and get away with it ?? LMAO!! THINK my people, THINK!!!!
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by baby4u2(f): 8:46pm On May 05, 2008
kobo, moving right along.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 9:53pm On May 05, 2008
iduba:

@KOBOJUNKIE
I respect your opinion,as well as that of any other person.But my question for you is this,If you refuse to believe that there are better ways of handling situations like this other than offloading them,why then do you believe in the BA story of the reason why the persengers were offloaded,rather than giving us the reason why those passengers became angry in the first instance?

Do you realize that Mr Omotade was removed from the plane BEFORE the other passengers were removed and so their is really no way that his own account of the story can speak for reason why the others were removed since he was not even there when it happened and since BA has not told us and no one of those passengers came come forward to state Exactly why, what we have is speculation at this point. This is AGAIN, not about believing BA but hearing from other parties involved order than Omotade being the only person we get to listen to in all this case.

Another question,if not for high tendency for racism or outright passion for hatred against blacks,which do you think is better,the pilot asking the police to offload a noisy deportee and travel with his passengers(the source of his livelihood),or offlaoding the passengers and travelling with the deportee.

High tendency for racism?? You mean the same high tendency that exists today in the black community against whites The pilot in this case did none so I do not understand the relevance of your question at all or what you even mean.

The third,if you said Nigerians jumped to conclusion and condenmed BA action,why still then do you conclude that the passengers were wrong according to BA,when you have not heard the reaction of the passengers to BAs story,is it not possible BA lied?.

What passengers where wrong, according to BA What are you talking about We have only heard Omotade's side of the story and many jumped to conclusion based on just ONE EYE WITNESS account. Do you think that is fair?? To Anyone?? Passengers were supposedly fuming and BA offloaded them, this happens across the world like at least 5 times each day. Is BA really the first to do this?? Or is it just that some of those offloaded are Nigerians and so we should all as a nation be ticked off then

See,my brother,you can't be seen as been free minded by being different to the general belief,good or bad.
Maybe you can also help us ask BA the reason why a 6hrs flight from London to Lagos goes for well over 600 pounds,while a 16 hrs flight from London to sydney goes for 300 pounds!.Ask BA why and belief what ever they tell you.

There is no such thing as a general belief here. There is the belief of the one side and the belief of the other side. I am sorry but I choose to go with actually thinking for a change and I hate it make it known to you that from Omotade's own statements, you can almost see where this is going to end. Someone stated earlier that he/she just took BA and had no problems. Are you going to tell him he is wrong?? I mean is this a SUBDUE THEM until they see things my way approach that has killed us for years that we want to continue with?? Again, I ask what the frell has this to do with Nigeria
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by ernal(m): 11:22pm On May 05, 2008
a fi kobo junkie na grin grin grin well i be naira junkie jare!!!

The bottom line goes to the fact that if we had Nigeria Airways running all routes,all these people go dey beg us enter their yeye planes.

Give it to Nigerians if u like it or not,good or bad,we still the most promising people in the world and no matter what anyone feels,i cant trade my pali for any pali.Nija straight,aload of us still get on well here after the hardship and i respect those who also go far and wide,na earth God call am,God no give anybody yard stick.

Proudly Nija.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by ernal(m): 12:03am On May 06, 2008
Some Nigerians died and were bundled into hell to spend their eternity. Two weeks later saint Peter wanted to know how this group of Nigerians were suffering in hell, so he picked up the phone and dialed hell to find out how thing are. On his first call the phone rang all through and nobody picked it. This was very unusual as the devil always stays in his hell office.

Saint Peter continued to try until the Devil picked the phone, sounding breathless. Saint Peter: "I have been calling this line and you were not picking the phone"?
Devil: "is that you saint Peter? Please call back, I have some emmergency here"! And he quickly hung up.

Saint peter called again ten minutes later and the devil picked the phone and shouted : "please call back, something is wrong here".
And by the time Saint Peter called again after fifteen minutes, hear the devil: "hello, is that you Saint Peter? I am in trouble here, the Nigerian that were brought here are causing havoc in this hell, they are breaking all the rules I have here, see, they have turned off all the burning fire and installed air conditioners, they have installed CDs in hell to be playing loud music here. They even bribed some of my junior devils to allow them bring in girls, many cartons of beer and indian hemp, and they have been staging some parties here"! (The devil drops and quickly dashes out as Juju music starts to blare loudly again in the background.)

Nigerian are too much.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Rhea(f): 7:52am On May 06, 2008
Baba Seun,
This www.antibritishairway.com has your finger print written all over.
If so, well done! cool
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Logical(m): 8:58am On May 06, 2008
I am a Nigerian born citizen and this is my story. I come from a country where, there is no respect for human rights, innocent people get burnt on the streets, the policemen treat the citizens like animals and well the economy is in shambles. I am helpless and do not condone such activities such as crimes against humanity, corruption and bad services by the service sector in Nigeria, which I have no control over. I complain in silence and sometimes to my other mates through discussions.

I move to a place called London in the United kingdom, where everything seems to be pretty ok, except for the rowdy football fans, some racism, a few hiccups here and there, but the economy seems ok, and so is the economical infrastructure. The job I have seems to be great too. They seem to respect human rights here, and I have come to appreciate such values, and well the great thing is things get done, and well I could complain, if I am not happy with anything, officially or through the media. I love the system.

One day I get treated like shit, and my fellow country mates think I deserve to be treated like shit, because where I come from people treat themselves like shit. It is our culture perhaps?

My fellow country mates think I do not have the right to complain because I come from a place where people do not complain about ill treatments of their fellow mates.

My country mates believe that Nigerians deserve to be treated everywhere they go, the same way they are treated back at home and do not have the rights to complain.

My fellow mates have tried to rationalize inhumane treatments, disrespect and the abuse of human rights the best way they could. It’s sad, but here they have done it so well, that my heart is weeping for them.

The event that sparked this controversy occurred on British soil, where British standards of treatment of detainees apply. So please thread like educated people.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by lightest(m): 9:37am On May 06, 2008
after carefully reading into this thread and the first one posted on this issue, i think i will agree with the poster above me because "charity" they said begins from home. if our own government does not value us as individuals , how will foreign government does. See lets forget about the issue of BA versus Mr Omotade, the issue should be what can we do as nigerians both home and abroad to make our "own" government treat us like gold and silver. Our government is a shit and will always be a shit and the foreign government will continue to treat us like shit until me and you wake up to make nigerian great.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Jamco45: 9:50am On May 06, 2008
lightest:

after carefully reading into this thread and the first one posted on this issue, i think i will agree with the poster above me because "charity" they said begins from home. if our own government does not value us as individuals , how will foreign government does. See lets forget about the issue of BA versus Mr Omotade, the issue should be what can we do as nigerians both home and abroad to make our "own" government treat us like gold and silver. Our government is a shit and will always be a shit and the foreign government will continue to treat us like shit until me and you wake up to make nigerian great.

If an average citizen like you believe our government will always be shit, how do you expect there to be a change. As for me I believe Nigeria will keep improving until we get to the promised land. I strongly believe in my Country. I have made it my priority to start talking positively about my country. Most people don't know the effect of negative suggestion, it can ruin a nation.

Nobody is saying Nigeria does not have problems but please lets do the little we can positively to change our nation cos no one else will.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Nobody: 10:07am On May 06, 2008
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by uchetobi(f): 11:10am On May 06, 2008
They owe Nigerians an napology regardless
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 11:32am On May 06, 2008
kaecy5:

hello guys

i took BA to lagos last weekend and came back today with it. and i really really enjoyed the service rendered by them
the only difference i notice between them and my favorite KLM is the quality of food , i sure hate that bacon and bread they served me between amsterdam and london, every other thing was way okay. at every point in time the crew/pilot was keeping us informed of everything happening around us,

i have flown Klm and luftansa many times but i don't think BA is as bad as we are trying to represent them here although this is my first time with BA

even at the Terminal5 a lot of foregners(mostly chinese and blacks) were there to render assistance at anypoint . i have never been treated this special at any other airports i have been, even our lagos airport wont treat me anybetter. if not extort money from me as usual and make u feel bad your the one travelling and not them.

i am not claiming BA is a saint for a company but the truth is simple they r not as bad as we have been saying here.

enjoy

Quick Question. Did the flight attendants or pilots know you were a Nigerian onboard their plane??

LMAO!!!!
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by tpia: 2:01pm On May 06, 2008
@ kaecy
hello guys

enjoy

don't you think the current negative publicity they're getting may have contributed to the improved service you noticed?

This is what happens when some people register their concern at substandard treatment-  the majority benefit from it, because it forces corporations to review their services and delivery methods. It doesnt mean folks have to get violent- there are various legal ways to voice your displeasure at something, and vocal opinion is one of them. Boycott is another.

I don't know why so many people want to give others a free hand to trample on them anyhow.

Very negative self image. I think some Nigerians are so traumatized by whatever they experienced in Nigeria or wherever that they don't believe they deserve to be treated with any kind of respect. undecided lipsrsealed

If whites/Europeans can boycott a company and actively protest over something like an organization polluting the environment, inhumane treatment of lab animals or some other such stuff, why is it so hard for us to grasp this kind of concept?

I say we've been traumatized. undecided
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by SENATORJD(m): 4:47pm On May 06, 2008
tpia:

@ kaecy
If whites/Europeans can boycott a company and actively protest over something like an organization polluting the environment, inhumane treatment of lab animals or some other such stuff, why is it so hard for us to grasp this kind of concept?
I say we've been traumatized. undecided

men seriously we've bin traumatized, i move a motion for boycotting
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by texazzpete(m): 4:54pm On May 06, 2008
@tpia
Sorry to burst your bubble, but i flew BA myself end of march, when there was NO furore over this incident. It was perhaps the best i've been treated on any plane.

Wanna know my worst flying experience? Virgin Nigeria from Lagos to PHC, where the cabin crew snapped at me when i had the audacity to ask for water when he had passed me before.

i truly see this whole episode as an indication of how pathetic my fellow Nigerians are. People who ordinarily will NEVER help when they see police whipping their fellow man in Lagos are here waxing lyrical about 'maltreatment' and 'racism'.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by rag1xx1(m): 5:09pm On May 06, 2008
This company rips us off big time! We should boycott them, after how much we spend with them they still treat us with no respect angry
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 5:36pm On May 06, 2008
LMAO!!! Suddenly ALL Nigerians are traumatized LMAO!!! My sister just got back from Nigeria some weeks before this matter,and she enjoyed how BA stood up for her against some Nigerian army dude who felt he could take her seat just cause. Was that because of this issue as well Nigerians and the many SPIN DOCTORS we have in that country. Hundreds of thousands of people Fly BA world wide each day . So many thousands happen to be Nigerians who have never heard of this so called issue some have with BA and suddenly ALL Nigerians are traumatized??   LMAO

Some people need to seriously go get their own television shows on Nigerian networks so they can spin some more of those lies. I am taking BA in June back to Nigeria as I have never had any problems flying on BA and they have, like @Kaecy pointed out, some of the most comfortable planes out there, compared to other airlines. I wonder how traumatized I will be when I am sitting comfortably in my seat by the window, with enough leg room for two and flying comfortably as well, minding my own business. Make somebody come tell me how traumatized me and my Nigerian friends will be cause of this Omotade issue afterwards.  ROFLMAO!!!! Abegi!!! @Kaecy, thanks for for honest accessment of your flight and I hope more and more honest people like you show up so we stop drinking down the venom of hate and racism alone in here, from people who I am not even sure of where they live and how they arrived at such. Heck, from the words some use, I envision they have never really flown BA but are here to spill "them say, them say" stories.  FLY BA!!!

Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Blatant: 5:41pm On May 06, 2008
I don't understand why Nigerians are screaming blue murder over this. tongue

Hundreds of thousands of people cross the road in the country everyday and no evil befalls them; why then do we make so much noise whenever a driver runs down one person?
Thousands of children go to Portugal every year and have great fun; what's the fuss because something has happened to one girl?
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by dee02(m): 6:52pm On May 06, 2008
You know what ya'all? It baffles me at times because the people that raise the most dust about an issue are the ones that dont even know the nitty gritty

They pick the negative bits and flare up like a fire fuelled with corrupted kerosene

I am not pro-BA but we all make so much noise and when it comes to having people stand up and be counted, they all backdown!

Nigerian's wey never see British Airways Logo before dey halla pass people wey don travel, KAI suffrey suffrey my people!
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by tpia: 11:43pm On May 06, 2008
kobojunkie, why must you always go into a frenzy whenever you want to bash Nigeria.

Yes, I have flown BA before.  Dont know why people are assuming they're the only ones who have ever been on that airline?

Yes, some of you people are so traumatized by whatever you experienced in Nigeria, that your thinking has become extremely weird and you don't even realize it. How can people hate their own country the way you do, and are even proud to boast about the low esteem you have for your own people. Gosh- if that's not permanent trauma then I don't know what is. See how Kobojunkie is screaming over this issue of Nigerians demanding better treatment. Chei!!!!

I could write volumes here but I don't want to spend time arguing with folks who are determined to turn their inheritance into a wasteland, for reasons best known to them.

Kobojunkie, I'm not even convinced you're Nigerian, so keep talking as you like. undecided

texazzpete: I dont think you and some others get the point here. The issue is much broader than whether you were treated like prince Charles on one of your flights via BA.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 11:45pm On May 06, 2008
Well, I am happy that you consider your sanctimonious self the better Nigerian here then. You just earned yourself five brownie points, go and be happy!! WOOHOO!!!
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by tpia: 11:47pm On May 06, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Well, I am happy that you consider your sanctimonious self the better Nigerian here then. You just earned yourself five brownie points, go and be happy!! WOOHOO!!!

your problem is beyond me.

God help you find a solution.

Why even relate with Nigerians at all, since you dislike the country so much. undecided
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 11:49pm On May 06, 2008
I am so glad that I have absolutely no problems of any kind. I am blessed wherever I go and I get not just favor, but respect as well. So no need to whine on my behalf. Don't cry for me. Cry for yourself considering the many problems you continually try to impose on those who do not agree with you. If more brownie points is what you need, ask.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by tpia: 11:50pm On May 06, 2008
so sad. sad
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 11:51pm On May 06, 2008
Fly BA, and enjoy your trip !!!
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by tpia: 11:58pm On May 06, 2008
abeg kobojunkie take life easy. try to take things less serious. Whether you like Nigeria or not, is really irrelevant to most people beyond just irritating others on the internet. undecided

Loosen up and check out other forums as well. There is tech, math,tv, music, movies, food, properties, etc. No be only politics dey here.  undecided  All work no play makes jack a dull boy/girl.

Am just saying this because you seem like you want to bust an artery or something over Nigerians asking for better treatment.  undecided

reminds me of Oliver Twist.
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by SENATORJD(m): 9:50am On May 07, 2008
tpia:

Am just saying this because you seem like you want to bust an artery or something over Nigerians asking for better treatment. undecided
let him bust it jo,arrant nonsense angry
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 9:55am On May 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

[size=13pt]Fly BA, and enjoy your trip !!![/size]
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by SENATORJD(m): 12:05pm On May 07, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Fly BA, and enjoy your trip !!!
and get kicked out in the air when u mess up
Re: British Airways Regrets Maltreatment Of Nigerians by Kobojunkie: 12:07pm On May 07, 2008
SENATOR JD:

and get kicked out in the air when u mess up

How old are you?? does that even make sense to you??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

86% New NNPC Top Managers Are Northerners / OBJ Is An adviser To New World Oil & Gas plc In London / Call Atiku To Order, Ex-militant Leaders Warn ACF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.