Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,735 members, 7,962,381 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 09:58 AM

Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 (19832 Views)

Fashola Replies Ruben Abati On Jonathsns Visit On Robbery Day In Lekki / Photo: President Jonathan And Patience in their University days / Dame Patience Must Learn To Control Her Tongue - Abati On Rivers Crises(2010) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Gbawe: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
Pukkah:

This phase of his which is understandable to you has not brought him accolades but shame, disgrace and opprobrium. He will fizzle out with the regime because no other person will take him seriously. You know why?

I prefer an enemy that kicks me in the open to a friend that stabs in the back. People like consistency and Abati has been shockingly inconsistent. Someone like Okupe even has a brighter future as an attack dog than Turncoat Abati.

grin grin grin Indeed. Okupe never pretended to be anything other than an empty crook searching up and down for what to eat. He has now 'hammered' with GEJ. Meanwhile Abati comes off worse with his previous utterances now coming back to ridicule his current insincere posture as a mouthpiece for an ultra-corrupt government.

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by OdionOdion: 4:15pm On Jun 11, 2013
Politics is a game of interest,so Abati interest changed with time. Besides the Gov Ameachi Abati wrote about in 2010 is NOT the same Gov Amaechi of 2013.At that time when President Jonathan Visited Rivers state as acting President,he described Rivers State as construction site because Gov Amaechi was working and committed to Rivers State people. Since Gov Amaechi jumped the ship of state governance for NGF politics,Rivers State is mere shadows of itself-post Gov Amaechi re election in 2011.Will it be correct to say that Gov Amaechi's disregard for the office of the President stern from that open confrontation between Mrs Patience Jonathan and Gov Amaecchi?.There is an age long land disputes over some of the water fronts between the Okrikas and Ikweeres pre- dating Gov Ameachi administration.As Governor of the state,Amaechi needed to carry along stake holders like the wife of the President from Okirika before demolishing her kits and kins ancestral land. After all she was a Rivers indigene before marrying the President. She deserves that honour from Gov Ameachi. God bless Abati

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by omonnakoda: 4:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
The funny thing about it all is I doubt very much that he is really getting a lot of money for his efforts
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by yemmy19(m): 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2013
This thread is so funny,so many post hidden.......haba!we are in a democratic set-up,each person is entitled to his/her opinion.
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Gbawe: 4:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
omonnakoda: The funny thing about it all is I doubt very much that he is really getting a lot of money for his efforts

Believe me, he is. GEJ's government is a 'sharing' government. Trust me about that. Everybody connected to the Presidency is 'hammering' big-time.
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by creativemusic: 4:40pm On Jun 11, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh Abaati what a man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Gbawe: 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2013
yemmy19: This thread is so funny,so many post hidden.......haba!we are in a democratic set-up,each person is entitled to his/her opinion.

In fairness to the mod, they were not trying to stop anyone expressing their opinion. They simply had to act because Wesley80, Yelsew80 started everything with his incendiary antics that directly broke rule number 2 below. The Mods had no option at all. His contribution , entirely unprovoked, was to insult other posters directly, insinuate they had several user names and other such provocative antics. Dude was spoiling for a fight as he always is. Mods had no choice and their side of the story should be told since everyone is always accusing them of unfairness.

2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to any Nairaland member.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Sibrah: 4:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abati is like a police who gave all the bad guys a hard time through out his career only to become one of them when the every bad guy in town already knows him.
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Dee60: 4:49pm On Jun 11, 2013
Dr Abati would after his tenure try to defend himself by saying 'I was just doing my job'! Would people believe or ever trust his writings again? Time will tell.
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Dee60: 4:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
[quote author=OdionOdion]Politics is a game of interest,so Abati interest changed with time. Besides the Gov Ameachi Abati wrote about in 2010 is NOT the same Gov Amaechi of 2013.At that time when President Jonathan Visited Rivers state as acting President,he described Rivers State as construction site because Gov Amaechi was working and committed to Rivers State people. Since Gov Amaechi jumped the ship of state governance for NGF politics,Rivers State is mere shadows of itself-post Gov Amaechi re election in 2011.Should it be said that Gov Amaechi's disregard for the office of the President stern from that open confrontation between Mrs Patience Jonathan and Gov Amaecchi.There is an age long land disputes over some of the water fronts between the Okrikas and Ikweeres pre- dating Gov Ameachi administration.As Governor of the state,Amaechi needed to carry along stake holders like the wife of the President from Okirika before demolishing her kits and kins ancestral land. After all she was a Rivers indigene before marrying the President. She deserves that honour from Gov Ameachi. God bless Abati[/quote

Is Abati now a politician? Big error!
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Pukkah: 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2013
omonnakoda: The funny thing about it all is I doubt very much that he is really getting a lot of money for his efforts

Yes o. For his 'efforts' and Voluntary Brand Destruction or Wilful Depletion of Brand Equity.

Before his sad misadventure and career accident, he was the choice book reviewer in the country. You can be sure that that line of income is gone when he leaves government or when he's kicked out - whichever happens earlier.

By the way, how much is book review fees, stipends and honoraria compared to the spending spree going on in GEJ government?

Prodigal Akpabio alone can afford to give him N1million for daily lunch at Mr Biggs and also donate two Prado jeeps to him on his next wedding anniversary which would also take place in Seychelles.

If Wasteful Akpabio alone can do this, you can imagine what oga at the top can do which is why the following post is not likely to be false:

Gbawe:

Believe me, he is. GEJ's government is a 'sharing' government. Trust me about that. Everybody connected to the Presidency is 'hammering' big-time.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by emamos: 5:02pm On Jun 11, 2013
Exactly
dridowu: Love of Money
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Jonwesley(m): 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abati was just like Fani Kayode in the days before OBJ appointed him to join his government. They have no shame. Suffering from mouth diarrhea, ethically challenged persons.
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by benzion72(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
Thought there is still freedom of speech in Nigeria. If Abati can pour so much vituperation on his master wiffy. Why hide the stone slinged by nairalander. He that lives in a glass house must not throw stone.
Abati is like an average Nigeria without principle. Who is in CAN today and jump ship tomorrow. No conscience. Wish him success
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by HotPotato(m): 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2013
nnenna311: This is bad, why all the hidden posts? On a topic like this!

It seems Abati is the mod for this particular post.

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by HotPotato(m): 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2013
nnenna311: This is bad, why all the hidden posts? On a topic like this!

It's possible Abati is the mod for this particular post.
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by dodoro(m): 5:19pm On Jun 11, 2013
Dr Abati has shown that a man can clearly speak from both sides of his mouth. It is very unfortunate. What moral lesson does he have for future generation? As a journalist he should know that record keeping and information retrieval is key. Nigerians can never ever take his position on national issues serious. I regret to say that he is full of disappointment.
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by dulphines: 5:20pm On Jun 11, 2013
This post has been withdrawn

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by lannre(m): 5:24pm On Jun 11, 2013
this post has been hidden . lol
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Dagoma: 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2013
Money monger... sorry... money lover... Thats what he is.
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 11, 2013
This post has been hidden
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by ugbanante: 5:36pm On Jun 11, 2013
[quote author=aanumama]That frog head is singing a new song in Aso rock now

true talk,seems you are in my head, why would the mod hide people's opion! all my days on NL i've never come across so much hidden post on a page!

let people speak their mind!besides abati deserves all insult he receive here.

if nairaland must b what it ought to b, expressions must b displayed and not ds hideen post we have on pages. Hovever, been a nigerian, i must causion fellow nairalander to b mindful of their use of word. We must shoow some form of learned behaviour.
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by bigheads(m): 5:39pm On Jun 11, 2013
In life, there are no permanent friends and no permanent enemies, If you say that Abati has deviated from what he is known for, good for him, Sure he has served the himself, the public and it is time to serve the government. All of us must not be onlooker at all times to criticize the government.Onlookers are any of cowards, traitors or saboteurs ......
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by henchamb(m): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2013
the president prince Philip ask "you look like you are ready for bed is baba obj"
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4806418/Prince-Philips-top-ten-gaffes.html
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Delafruita(m): 5:51pm On Jun 11, 2013
henchamb: the president prince Philip ask "you look like you are ready for bed is baba obj"
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/4806418/Prince-Philips-top-ten-gaffes.html
how does this relate to this thread?
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by emmysam2: 6:05pm On Jun 11, 2013
bigheads: In life, there are no permanent friends and no permanent enemies, If you say that Abati has deviated from what he is known for, good for him, Sure he has served the himself, the public and it is time to serve the government. All of us must not be onlooker at all times to criticize the government.Onlookers are any of cowards, traitors or saboteurs ......

So what are you trying to say? My friend, the worst thing to happen to a man is when your conscience and integrity becomes warped!

1 Like

Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by batstan(m): 6:07pm On Jun 11, 2013
Delafruita:
how does this relate to this thread?
Just for the records, i guess!!!!
grin
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by shosky1794: 6:41pm On Jun 11, 2013
I'm not in support of what Abati is doing most especially in recent times. But can anybody here beat his/her chest and say he/she will reject Abati's post if offered?.. And you can only do the bidding of your master in this.
This is not about Abati, It is just the way an average Nigerian is. The best thing would have been to reject the appointment in the first place but who in this country will reject such a juicy offer.
So before you get too hard on the man, think about yourself first. What will you in his situation?

2 Likes

Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by farem: 7:01pm On Jun 11, 2013
Abati, the CONSCIENCE NURTURED BY CASH! YOU ARE A TURN-COAT!
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by Ngutor(m): 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
Excellent cover letter. He got the job too
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by binhozie(m): 7:45pm On Jun 11, 2013
All these posts on witness protection

this post has been hidden

DAMN
Re: Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 by awesomet1(m): 7:47pm On Jun 11, 2013
“I want you to get me clear. I am from here. I know the problems of my people so I know what I am talking…”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Segun Showunmi: Atiku Won't Accept Cyber-bullying From Buhari's Handlers / Address By Buhari At APC Governors' Forum Meeting / Omokri: Obi Couldn't Reduce Poverty In Anambra Yet Wants To Reduce It Nationally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.