Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,459 members, 7,961,421 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 03:07 AM

Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja (9161 Views)

Photo Of The Nigerian Undergraduate Jailed For 24yrs For N25m Internet Scam / Man Jailed 5 Years For Setting Pregnant Woman Ablaze; Photo / Man Jailed 4 Years For Stealing, Threatening And Raping Female Neighbour. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2013
dedons: Naija don upgrade o
BTW
wat abt those dat walks on the street looking for available vacancies.
Dem dey guilty too

At 12 midnight?
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by DJDOLA(m): 1:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
DJDOLA: Yes gud for him what is he looking for at late hour. Roaming estate at late hour..maybe is looking for who 2 kidnap
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by BabaOlowo: 1:57pm On Jun 14, 2013
Na so life be?
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 14, 2013
If you roam around my house for night, as long as I no know you. I go call police. Like it or not.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 14, 2013
At dat time of d Night n couldnt offer any reason for dat, he should b arrested joor, he even pleaded guilty. From No fixed address to a fixed address

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by ogb5(m): 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2013
donem:
There is a restriction to freedom of movement.
@ topic thumbs up to the constabulary men who effected his arrest, i was onced picked up for questioning here in France, my crime they said was looking suspiciously at a grocery shop.

Obviously you failed to realize that you were picked up for questioning because you were black.

simply put, this man was sent to jail because he could not prove that he is innocent. This is justice upside down.
The police did not prove that he committed a crime as required by law.

But he is a poor man, maybe with a police appointed lawyer who advised him to plead guilty to end the daily police beating

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
LIVERPOOL SIGNS SUAREZ'S REPLACEMENT. FULL DETAILS HERE http://www.primesoccer..com/2013/06/liverpool-signs-suarez-replacement-for.html
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by omeiz93: 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2013
Why are people still spending 5 to 10 or more years in prison without been tried when we have a competent and reliable judges of this nature. I learnt that one of the judges in El Mustapha's case has just resigned on personal ground, this judge should be called to replace him. If it is big man they said he is taking a walk and poor man, you are roaming or wondering, what the hec is all this, the gap between the rich and the poor is yet to be determined using all the instruments available so far.
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by ichommy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 14, 2013
chassity002: The offense was that he was roaming in 'big man' area!
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by blaise26abj(m): 3:12pm On Jun 14, 2013
A Kuje Area Court in the FCT on Thursday sentenced a man, Sunday Daniel, 30, to 18 weeks in prison for roaming a street where crimes had been committed.

Mr. Daniel was charged by the police with criminal trespass, public nuisance and an attempt to commit an offence.

The Judge, Nuhu Ibrahim, sentenced him to one and half months for each count, totaling four and half months imprisonment.

He gave the convict an option to pay nine thousand naira fine or to remain in Kuje Prison for four and half months.

“You have an option to pay three thousand naira fine for each count, totaling nine thousand naira or face four and half months imprisonment,” the judge said.

The Police Prosecutor, Corporal Ocheche Samuel, had told the court that the matter was reported at the Kuje Police Station by one Olayinka Keshinro of Union Homes, Kuje on June 5.

He said that the accused, of no fixed address was found roaming the estate at late hour.

He said that the offence contravened the provisions of Section 342, 183 and 95 of the Penal Code.

The prosecutor said that during investigation, the accused could not give satisfactory account of himself. He said that there had been cases of house-breaking and theft in the estate in recent times.

The accused pleaded guilty to the charges against him

@ Bolded, with this i can sue my neighbor who has been eyeing my pot of soup angry angry angry
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by numericalguy(m): 3:59pm On Jun 14, 2013
babyosisi:

Did you folks miss this
The Man was roaming around a neighborhood he didn't live in at late hour and probably couldn't say what brought him there
With all the break ins ,his arrest was in order.
He would be arrested in the USA too for roaming around people's homes without cause late at night
Kudos to the NPF
I didn't know They had become this efficient

Na who be this Heediot.
Can you please define roaming. If the guy was driving in a cool jeep, the yeye police will never arrest him. Judge just proves it that it is a crime to be poor.

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by kunlekunle: 4:14pm On Jun 14, 2013
Dibiachukwu: Government of the rich,for the rich and by the rich

na oligarchy be that
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by psucc(m): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2013
young-dude:
See madnes! Well, He has an option to pay just 9500K & be freeeeee

u say just 9500k. Hmmh. As am posting even one k no there. Pity. Poor life and no money makes a man common, politicians and police kill a man.
RIP june 12 uniuyo
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2013
Haha dunno why I find this topic 'absurd'. Like seriously? You gotta be kidding!
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by numericalguy(m): 4:48pm On Jun 14, 2013
If d guy had N9,500 why would he be roaming aimlessly?
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Drigdee(m): 8:46pm On Jun 14, 2013
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by ojj(m): 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2013
Roaming my a**zz. Na today, useless people. A friend of mine came out of his house to buy something across the road opposite his house and he was picked up by the police who accused him of roaming the street, he told them where he was living and he just came out to buy something that is why he had only his boxer short on but those useless police would not listen carried him in their van from Okoko to barracks told him to bring 5k, when he said he had no money with him they kicked him out of the van n left him there. It was only God that brought him home cus he had to walk from barracks to okoko around 12am.
U think if that guy had money he would have ended in jail or my friend would have risked his life to walk all d way home.God help us in this country

1 Like

Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Dibiachukwu: 10:09pm On Jun 14, 2013
donem:
There is a restriction to freedom of movement.
@ topic thumbs up to the constabulary men who effected his arrest, i was onced picked up for questioning here in France, my crime they said was looking suspiciously at a grocery shop.
That was because you are African. We expect better treatment from our own Police.
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Dibiachukwu: 10:28pm On Jun 14, 2013
Roaming the street at any hour is not a crime and should never be a crime. Except their is a government issued curfew. The police was doing crime prevention by trampling on the rights of a citizen. That is wrong. Best practice is ask where he was going and If he is homeless, show him where homeless people stay and tell him to leave the area. But no, their real oga has paid them to arrest poor people roaming the area. When did our police become private security for rich people and our judiciary judges for poor and pardoners for rich. You see how rotten the Niggerian society has become. CHUKWU would punish the wicked and cure the ignorant ise.
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Timsogbuagu: 6:04am On Jun 15, 2013
momodub: fela talk am before ooooo we no listen
u mean fela ur fada?
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Skmoda360(m): 12:49pm On Jun 15, 2013
egift: So for not committing any offense he is punished for being poor, chia!
Oga ooooo....naija judiciary is something else.
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
ralphloren:
I have always asked a simple question, are laws made only for the poor? This jobless judge would not waste any time in delivering judgement on this kind of case cos the fellow is an ordinary poor Nigerian. Pls give him the Al Mustapha case now he would resign citing health and family reasons. Anyway the Libyans were like this until they rose up against the powerful elites and today we all know the story. Last punch- let our leaders continue sniffing life out of us bt soonest the angerr of an oppressed ppl wud rise one day?

No one stopped you from becoming rich na
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Pharaoh4rin(m): 6:52pm On Jul 23, 2021
God bless the rich
Re: Man Jailed For Street Roaming In Abuja by Crenzywilliams(m): 7:35pm On Jul 23, 2021
This is another level of total fuckery.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Beat My Girl Friends / We Don’t Collect Money Before Releasing Detained Suspects – EFCC / 14 Suspected Kidnappers Killed In Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.