Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,046 members, 7,936,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:21 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) (130105 Views)

Stepmum Ties 2-Year-Old Girl For Soiling Herself (Photo) / A Hilarious Question To A Man Or Woman That Has 10minutes Left To Tie The Knot. / Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by baby124: 4:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
opechy: Oh ye commentators! I beseech u all to remember the part of the scriptures that says"touch not my annointed and do my prophet no harm". Am sure u don't wanna post a comment and catch a cab 2 hell from there. Mind ur biz n live ur lyf d way u want it. Leave other pple's affair

LMAO! That threat died like 100years ago. Try something else. Even Jesus was prosecuted and questioned. To which he answered question nobly. Who is man that you worship so faithfully? Who is man that is above God? Who is this kumuyi? Nothing but a mustard seed in the eyes of God. Just like you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by solar007: 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
frosbel: This is what happens when you follow MEN, the Church of GOD is led by Jesus Christ not Kumuiyi or Adeboye or whoever.

It is not the GS or GO of Deeperlife and RCCG who set the standards for holiness in the body of Christ, it is GOD himself who sets the standards, and this holiness is all about the heart not what you wear , what you eat or how to look.

The hypocrisy in all this as I am sure all can see, is that though we agree this is a beautiful wedding between 2 wonderful people, the deeperlife members seems to be paying emphasis on dress rather than heart. This is why people view them as fanatics, they strain at gnats and swallow whole camels.

In another article these same people condemned a sister because she applied some make-up and wore weaveons , now they are shocked to see this member of their church with permed hair , make-up and even earrings, which in my opinion is wonderful, but for them is a huge embarrassment.

Let us wish this couple well and a happy life together, hoping that they will move away even further from legalism and embrace the freedoms that is in Christ.
Deeperlife is no longer a local church, the church has spread to most part of the world. see the way some of them dress (when you watch the background images of most of Pastor Kumuyi foreign messages, you will notice a lot of difference. But not withstanding, Pastor Kumuyi still stands out as one of those that are still keeping the Christian faith alive. Our local pastors may have their lack of proper interpretation of the church doctrine.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
solar007: I have never consider TV as an issue in the church, it only depends on your pastors. I have TV, wear Jeans etc.
Yes it depends on their pastors and they themselves.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by samilo88(m): 4:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
Well, having attended deeper life from birth, I have never been blinded by the extremism most of them portray in the name of holliness. I do what I think is right and people are always surprised when I tell them I am a member of deeper life. The truth is, many of these so called nonessentials are been peddled by the district pastors who I would say don't really know what goes on in the real world, all they are after is to teach about going to heaven not caring how difficult they making the heaven look like. I don save these pictures to show my youth leader whom I told few months ago that my wife must wear wedding gown and me must but balloons for our wedding motor. HML to do couples, I can now look forward to attending deeper life weddings..

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 20, 2013
solar007: Deeperlife is no longer a local church, the church has spread to most part of the world. see the way some of them dress (when you watch the background images of most of Pastor Kumuyi foreign messages, you will notice a lot of difference. But not withstanding, P[b]astor Kumuyi still stands out as one of those that are still keeping the Christian faith alive.[/b] Our local pastors may have their lack of proper interpretation of the church doctrine.

The faith is kept alive by the Holy Spirit not Kumuiyi .

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jun 20, 2013
baby_123:

LMAO! That threat died like 100years ago. Try something else. Even Jesus was prosecuted and questioned. To which he answered question nobly. Who is man that you worship so faithfully? Who is man that is above God? Who is this kumuyi? Nothing but a mustard seed in the eyes of God. Just like you.

Yep, we agree here.

Let's face it, many Christians are unwittingly idolaters , worshipping their favourite MEN of GOD not Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 4:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
GboyegaD: Henceforth, our Deeper Life sisters should be wearing wedding gown with veil to match instead of the turban and pleated skirt and blouse they usually wear.

wedding gown and veil are for women who are openly sexually active before marriage.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by solar007: 5:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
another pix. The lady may also be a member of the church. HAPPY MARRIED LIFE

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
rati ken: Someone correct me if am wrong but I cannot see Pastor Kumuyi in any of the pictures. Maybe its too early to assume John had his consent. We need to hear the church's response to this before making assumptions. Besides, the write-up indicated the wedding was in a deeperlife church but omitted the location.
Personally, I think there is more to what i read. This man of God cannot boldly spearhead negations to long standing doctrines even if he is indifferent to John's position or disposition. Even he wants a change, I would not expect him to start it with his son.

I am only scared that this issue if not properly handled will negatively impact the youth of that church who still see things in black and white. The rebellion will be uncontrolled... and they might end up with wrong choices in a bid to negate the doctrines forced on them. No matter how we look at it, those doctrines have no negative impact on our societal values but the opposite might.

For the records, I disagree with lots of the doctrines.
That's him.

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by seunlayi(m): 5:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
From all the pictures, there dressing is still okay.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
solar007: another pix. The lady may also be a member of the church. HAPPY MARRIED LIFE

thats the older brother.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Kosigift(f): 5:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
Wow shocked shocked UNBELIEVABLE!
Is this a deeper life wedding??

Attended a schoolmates wedding last year and cudn't help crying cry cry she was just looking like a slave being sold out, wit her long brown printed skirt and a long sleeve shirt dat even my grandmum will refuse to wear and ofcos, she made their normal chuku hairstyle wit thread! (Those rubber ones) while her hubby looked so sweet in his suit! And wen I asked questions, they said it was d norm!

If this is a deeper life wedding for real, then I think liberation has come to them. HML cuties cheesy kiss

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
See well arched brows with eye pencil bikonu
Foundation
Lipstick
So deeper don rebrand like this
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by seunlayi(m): 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
The girl may not be based here in Nigeria, I always see members from other continents with different hairstyles,etc
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Princepioneer(m): 5:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
danny301:

Several things have been happening in Nigeria, like Boko haram killing Innocent citizens, President Jonathan declaring emergency rule in 3 northern states, JTF killing both boko-haram members, Farouk Lawal hiding bribe in his cap, Asari Dokubo threatening Nigerians with war should they fail to return GEJ as President in 2015, First Lady (Patience Jonathan) dying and resurrecting after 7 days, Governor Jonah Jang winning NGF election with 16 votes against Ameachi's 19 votes etc and you didn't deem it right to join Nairaland to comment but because Pastor Kumuyi's daughter in law wore wedding gown and make-up for her wedding you left everything you were doing and rushed to register in Nairaland to make caricature of yourself thinking that you are making caricature of Pastor Kumuyi and Deeper Life.

What will you gain even if the whole members of Deeper Life deviate from their doctrine? Would that make you a better person if you aren't not one? I don't belong to Deeper but Pastor Kumuyi remains one Nigerian Pastor that i hold in high esteem because of what he stands for. People like Kumuyi and his Deeper Life Church are the reason why Christianity (Church) is still a little bit different from the entertainment industry in Nigeria today..... Pastor William Kumuyi and his Deeper Life Church deserve some credit for the role they played and are still playing in the Body of Christ (Church) in Nigeria.

DON'T MIND THE ATTENTION SEEKING LADY COMMENTING ON THINGS SHE DOESN'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT. THESE KIND LADIES eeeeeer,hmmmmm can cause trouble for their hubbies. **just read the later end of her comment* na wa ooo, mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 5:33pm On Jun 20, 2013

Several things have been happening in Nigeria, like Boko haram killing Innocent citizens, President Jonathan declaring emergency rule in 3 northern states, JTF killing both boko-haram members, Farouk Lawal hiding bribe in his cap, Asari Dokubo threatening Nigerians with war should they fail to return GEJ as President in 2015, First Lady (Patience Jonathan) dying and resurrecting after 7 days, Governor Jonah Jang winning NGF election with 16 votes against Ameachi's 19 votes etc and you didn't deem it right to join Nairaland to comment but because Pastor Kumuyi's daughter in law wore wedding gown and make-up for her wedding you left everything you were doing and rushed to register in Nairaland

true talk sha.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jun 20, 2013
frosbel:

The faith is kept alive by the Holy Spirit not Kumuiyi .

By the Holy Spirit through humans like Pastor Kumuyi.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
tpia@:

wedding gown and veil are for women who are openly sexually active before marriage.

shocked shocked Do you mean in Deeper life alone or in the world in general? I don't understand please.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
just my opinion.

most women who wear the whole getup, are sexually active.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
Another deeper life bride in her gown
Cele dress
No make up
No proper attire
Gele on her head
No flowers
Probably wearing cortina shoes
Mgbeke bride

The people need to protest this deception and double standards
I love Pastor Kumuyi but they should also abide by the standards they set for others
This is very wrong
There is no bride on earth that would want to look like this on their wedding day except one that had been brainwashed that traditional wedding gowns are evil
The church owes the members an explanation
You cannot teach one thing and allow your own child another thing in the same church

http://www.sdbsunyani.org/school_news.php

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by vivaciousvivi(f): 5:50pm On Jun 20, 2013
Sicozone: if my eyes are seeing right,shes wearing make up oooooooooooo.....

Only makeup? What of her hair! And let's not even get started on the stretch Limo! Definatly Animal Farm tins!!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2013
His Majesty: I have officially left DLBC... This is HYPOCRISY!

I don't blame you
I would too
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tanidabi: 6:10pm On Jun 20, 2013
The truth is religion is a bondage and it's killing our relationship with God,let's focus on the things that matter,I don't attend deeper life but I attend one of d biggeset churches in Naija,and ders so much follow follow,I think in a way its our fault cos if we search the scriptures well nd not wait for a pst to confuse or convince us,we will know the truth if we search d scriptures well
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 20, 2013
Vanneni: By the Holy Spirit through humans like Pastor Kumuyi.
GBAM!! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by vanitty: 6:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
What is the big brouhaha over? Abegi

Funny thing is deeper life members are not the one lamenting, it is the ones that have never stepped into the church or went "visiting". Mind your business, everyone should "sho igba e"

Cute bride, loving the top part of the wedding dress jare.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by danny301: 6:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
tpia@:

thats the older brother.

You mean elder brother?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
The people talking about ear-rings and jewellery, I can't see the ear-rings, I beg!
Osisi, please, show me! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by nairalforlaughs: 7:42pm On Jun 20, 2013
Na lie, no be deeper life.

IF na deeper life, I go tell my cousin to go back say things don change using the picture as prove.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by baby124: 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
babyosisi: Another deeper life bride in her gown
Cele dress
No make up
No proper attire
Gele on her head
No flowers
Probably wearing cortina shoes
Mgbeke bride

The people need to protest this deception and double standards
I love Pastor Kumuyi but they should also abide by the standards they set for others
This is very wrong
There is no bride on earth that would want to look like this on their wedding day except one that had been brainwashed that traditional wedding gowns are evil
The church owes the members an explanation
You cannot teach one thing and allow your own child another thing in the same church

http://www.sdbsunyani.org/school_news.php

Where do they get the ideas for outfit Quite hilarious? What is the point of the women dressing like this? Is it to depict poverty or there is a deeper life wedding seamstress. Who wear's silver gele with white cotton. ROTFLMAO. This is highly... i dont even know what to use. grin grin grin. Do people sit down and tell the women what to wear grin grin cheesy. Who ever designed this outfit, clearly HATES this woman.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Eve4: 7:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ok now, my eyes cnt b deceivin me! Permed hair, light makeup, wedding gown, Limo, d husbands luvly traditional swags. Gbagannn my mumsy must hear dis oo. Luvly couples HML wit Gods blessings.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by SELFWORTH: 7:51pm On Jun 20, 2013
baby_123:

Where do they get the ideas for outfit Quite hilarious? What is the point of the women dressing like this? Is it to depict poverty or there is a deeper life wedding seamstress. Who wear's silver gele with white cotton. ROTFLMAO. This is highly... i dont even know what to use. grin grin grin. Do people sit down and tell the women what to wear grin grin cheesy. Who ever designed this outfit, clearly HATES this woman.

Honestly. Its mind bungling!

Can people really be so gullible?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by seunlayi(m): 7:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
alutacontinua: The people talking about ear-rings and jewellery, I can't see the ear-rings, I beg!
Osisi, please, show me! shocked shocked
No mind those regular posters on other threads that has nothing to do with deeperlife, her dressing is still ok. Make everybody go mind there business jare

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.