Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,472 members, 7,961,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 05:57 AM

Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn (1207 Views)

Power Distribution Firms Reject Supply From Generating Plants / BREAKING NEWS| How Buhari Smuggled Fugitive Omar Al-bashir Out Of India To Sudan / India To Give $100 Million Aid For Nigeria's Power Sector (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by mmark12(m): 11:07am On Jun 20, 2013
embarassed tongue embarassed embarassed embarassed[i][/i]No hope for stable electrcity in the near future - nawa

A report by Navigant Research has said global revenue from diesel generating sets would reach $41.2 billion by 2018. It said Nigeria, India, South Africa and Chile that were burdened by blackouts would continue to drive the market.

The research noted that providers of diesel generating sets would see continued growth over the next several years.

According to Dexter Gauntlett, research analyst with Navigant Research, “Over the next decade, the increase in unconventional gas resources and tightening emissions regulations for stationary generators will favour clean-burning natural gas systems over their diesel counterparts in North America.”

These developments, however, will take time to fully materialize, according to the report.

In the short term, the report added that countries with strong economic and/or population growth rates that are increasingly burdened by blackouts face rising competition from natural gas gensets.” It said Nigeria, India, Chile, South Africa, and others will continue to drive diesel genset sales.

“Industries in India,have become highly dependent on diesel due to power outages spanning as much as 16 hours per day, making them more vulnerable to price volatility,” it also said.

“Diesel generator sets” is a report that analyzes the global market potential for diesel gensets, from less than 15 kilowatts to 6 megawatts, for residential, commercial, and industrial applications.

The study includes in-depth assessments of global regions for capacity installations, an analysis of global gas resource development, and profiles of the key industry players engaged in this market.

“Worldwide market forecasts are provided through 2018 for annual installations and revenue, segmented by region and by power class, it declared.

Navigant Research, the dedicated research arm of Navigant, provides market research and benchmarking services for rapidly changing and often highly regulated industries. In the energy sector, Navigant Research focuses on in-depth analysis and reporting about global clean technology markets.

http://www.mydailynewswatchng.com/2013/06/20/nigeria-india-to-grow-generating-set-market-by-41bn/

NO OFFENCE OR RESPECT BUT THE REALITY IS THAT 2050 NIGERIA WILL STILL BE STRUGGLING WITH ELECTRCITY ISSUES.

Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by Nobody: 11:10am On Jun 20, 2013
I thought SA was generating 40000MW... Look how dark the rest of the country is ! Nigeria _ south west/south east SA - gauteng/western cape... Na wa oo
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by Fhemmmy: 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2013
My heart bled after reading this . . . And you expect those movers and shakers to give this up to allow Nigeria to have light?
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
Choi see map, why Africa black like this na, even Ghana that claims to have 24/7 electricity no show for the map. Kudos to Lagos and ph though
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
Fhemmmy: My heart bled after reading this . . . And you expect those movers and shakers to give this up to allow Nigeria to have light?
grin
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by Fhemmmy: 2:55pm On Jun 20, 2013
Obiagelli: Choi see map, why Africa black like this na, even Ghana that claims to have 24/7 electricity no show for the map. Kudos to Lagos and ph though

So sad . . .And i think there are some sort of light in Ghana, even if Ghana has no light - it is a shame for giANT of Africa to be so much in darkness . . . in these days and age where there are so many source of making it happen cry
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by CROWE: 3:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
mmark12:

NO OFFENCE OR RESPECT BUT THE REALITY IS THAT 2050 NIGERIA WILL STILL BE STRUGGLING WITH ELECTRCITY ISSUES.

No offense but there is no way to now that, if that is pessimism please keep it to your self and if you are wishing Nigeria bad I pray you get the same fortune for the next 40 years. mtcheew!
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by Fhemmmy: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2013
CROWÉ:

No offense but there is no way to now that, if that is pessimism please keep it to your self and if you are wishing Nigeria bad I pray you get the same fortune for the next 40 years. mtcheew!

Let us discuss without wishing others bad . . . From the story that we just read, he is only telling us what he thinks, and i am sure he is not wishing Nigeria bad, besides, i think this kinda curse should be directed to our leaders that do not wish Nigeria and Nigerians well.
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by mmark12(m): 3:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
CROWÉ:

Its not about pessimism or keeping it to yourself. Its about facts and reality. since 1986,the FG has been promising stable electricity.

are u not ashamed that a Nigerian born in the 1980s who hasn't travelled out of the country before (they are millions of them ) don't know what its like to have stable electricity shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.

Lets not deceive ourselves.
(1) from 1999 - 2012. Nigeria went from 1,900 MW to 3,500 MW - BIG PESSIMISM
(2) Nigeria was need about 300,000 MW for stable electricity - reason (see no3)
(3) By 2050 Nigerian population will reach 300 million or more and we are increased our capacity by just 1600 MW in 12 yrs.

OH BOY " IT IS YOU THAT NEEDS TO mtcheew". pls do the math and critically think about the issue.

Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jun 20, 2013
I pray that God will us good leaders to turn things around.
Love dis country
One naija
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by CROWE: 5:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
The suggestion that we will continue to increase by EXACTLY 1600 MW every twelve years is quite shocking.
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
Ooooboy see congo! shocked
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by Horus(m): 7:25pm On Jun 20, 2013
Nigeria still does not have a stable power for companies to run businesses. Many companies in Nigeria use over 10% of their income to run power from day to Night. In other countries running power for the company is the least of one’s concern and normally amount to 1% to 2 %.
Many Nigerian in the Diaspora would love to come back to Nigeria to build a business but are held back simply because Nigeria lacks the stable electricity and infrastructure to turn their idea into a viable business.
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2013
Update from nasa

Africa is doomed!
Re: Nigeria, India To Grow Generating Set Market By $41bn by mmark12(m): 7:43pm On Jun 20, 2013
sheyie2007: Update from nasa

Africa is doomed!

Africa is not doomed yet. but it doesn't change course and reform itself, IT WILL BE DOOMED

(1) (Reply)

Is Nigeria Truly ‘one Nigeria’??? / Dangote To Build $800 Million Cement Plant In Nepal, South Asia / Oritsejafor: Respond To El- Rufia's Accusations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.