Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,499 members, 7,961,547 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 08:34 AM

The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! (10495 Views)

14 African Countries Forced By France To Pay Colonial Tax / African Countries With 24/7 Power Supply / Amnesty Intl Urges African Countries To Arrest George Bush When He Visits Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 4:39pm On Jun 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: I love the Lady Mmamphela Ramphela, I just hope that the promises her party is making becomes reality.

IMO I hate politics with passion, I have seen how people are manipulated others.

Oh, that's the UCT/World Bank woman. Surprised she'd get into politics. Guess that's what politics is about - manipulation. Even if you don't get involved, you will still be affected. So maybe the best thing to do is to vote and make the best-considered choice you can make. That way, there will be a degree of control.

I don't think the politicians in Africa will mature democracy. It's the people that can do that. Assuming there's no cheating at the ballot box.
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 4:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
andrewza:

this is a new one, a lot of the small parties in SA just waste space on the paper. I mean there is the dagger party that goal is to legalize weed.

This party because of it's leader and open support from desmond tutu may draw away a lot of those ANC votes. The stronger the opposition the better, has it stands now the ANC is a dictor of the majority.

The weed party gets votes? shocked

I do agree about the strong opposition. It's like if there's a monopoly market. The customers suffer higher prices and lack of choices. Same with political parties. I suppose people will first have to decide if they need to not vote for the ANC, before they move to someone new...?
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by andrewza: 4:46pm On Jun 24, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

Oh, that's the UCT/World Bank woman. Surprised she'd get into politics. Guess that's what politics is about - manipulation. Even if you don't get involved, you will still be affected. So maybe the best thing to do is to vote and make the best-considered choice you can make. That way, there will be a degree of control.

I don't think the politicians in Africa will mature democracy. It's the people that can do that. Assuming there's no cheating at the ballot box.

Yes it is a surprise, her reason is that she is fed up with promises and wants action.

SA is very democratic, just the choices generally seem week you basically got no good options.
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 4:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
In the US, there are also other smaller independents, but it's largely a two-horse race between democrats and republicans. It's good on the one hand. But it's bad on the other. Obama's administration talks to a specific section of the population, that's in a specific class. So you find that Republican voters have in recent years been made to be in the minority; although there are more red states than blue ones. There's a bit of division now, in places along racial lines undecided
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
Coma_Berenices:

who isn't into Politics? Its amazing that people who didn't study Political sciences or anything related to politics become PMs. Our former Prime Minister was a secondary language teacher but he made it to the top.

I don't even vote, I just feel its no use, my vote makes no difference on who will lead us, just accept whatever they throw our way.
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 6:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
andrewza:

Yes it is a surprise, her reason is that she is fed up with promises and wants action.

SA is very democratic, just the choices generally seem week you basically got no good options.

I know. It's a good democracy, but you'll be closer to perfect democracy once the opposition gets stronger...

See its elections next year. Explains the new party. Cutting it thin though - they should be campaigning already.
Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2013
HumbledbYGrace: who isn't into Politics? Its amazing that people who didn't study Political sciences or anything related to politics become PMs. Our former Prime Minister was a secondary language teacher but he made it to the top.

I don't even vote, I just feel its no use, my vote makes no difference on who will lead us, just accept whatever they throw our way.

You don't vote? But there will not be change if you don't vote. I think anyone can get into politics, as long as they know how to choose teams. Even Arnold Schwarzenegger, a mere actor/bodybuilder became governor - a step very close the assuming the main office. Problems start when leaders surround themselves with bad teams or yes men.

Please vote cry

1 Like

Re: The Truths African Countries Never Tell The World! by ComaBerenices(f): 12:45am On Jun 25, 2013
Greatest African sporting nations - from top to bottom:

Kenya leads - others follow. wink

http://www.greatestsportingnation.com/global-cup-2012/Continent/africa
___

Top Positions Points % Chg
1 Kenya 1227 22.4
2 Ethiopia 777 14.2 1
3 South Africa 703 12.9 -1
4 Ivory Coast 340 6.2 5
5 Zambia 300 5.5
6 Egypt 276 5.0 4
7 Equatorial Guinea 275 5.0
8 Mali 194 3.5 3
9 Tunisia 190 3.5 -5
10 Senegal 162 3.0 -2
11 Ghana 150 2.7
12 Nigeria 146 2.7 -5
13 Cameroon 130 2.4 -1
14 Morocco 110 2.0 -9
15 Gabon 107 2.0
16 Sudan 85 1.6 -1
17 Dem. Rep. of Congo 70 1.3 5
18 Botswana 65 1.2 -5
19 Algeria 65 1.2
20 Uganda 30 0.5 -4
21 Eritrea 25 0.5 -4
22 Zimbabwe 18 0.3 -1
23 Burundi 10 0.2
24 Central African Republic 6 0.1 -10
25 Mauritius 5 0.1
26 Guinea-Bissau 3 0.1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tanzania: The Most Beautiful Nation In Africa... / Mark Meadows Contracts Coronavirus Amid Tightly Contested Presidential Poll / Rockets Fired From Gaza In To Israel As Obama Visits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.