Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,208 members, 7,963,967 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 12:23 AM

Budget: Okonjo-iweala Insists No Salaries After Sept - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Budget: Okonjo-iweala Insists No Salaries After Sept (846 Views)

Fayose Withdraws Workers’ Salaries After Payment-the Punch / Senate Insists, No More Bow And Go For Ministerial Nominees / Budget: Okonjo-iweala To Appear Before Senate Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget: Okonjo-iweala Insists No Salaries After Sept by Nobody: 11:10am On Jul 04, 2013
Budget: Okonjo-Iweala insists no
salaries after Sept
Category: Lead stories Published on
Thursday, 04 July 2013 06:02 Written by Isiaka Wakili
Minister of Finance Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala yesterday insisted the government won’t be able to pay
workers’ salaries in the next two months if
the National Assembly does not restore
budget cuts of about N72bn.
Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala made the remark
while speaking with State House
correspondents after the Federal
Executive Council meeting at the
Presidential Villa.
The minister angered the legislators
Monday when she said during a radio
programme that salaries won’t be paid
from October unless the cuts were
reversed.
Yesterday the minister salaries may not
even be paid by September.
Okonjo-Iweala said the nation was facing
short-term challenges, even though the
economy remains robust.
She denied allegation by the National
Assembly that she was pitching them
against President Goodluck Jonathan,
saying the executive had a cordial and
harmonious working relationship with the
legislature.
“We’re not pitching anyone against
anyone, we’ve been working with the
Senate and the House of Representatives
in a very collegial manner, we’re working
with them...to solve the problems.”
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala Insists No Salaries After Sept by Leopantro: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2013
in summary

Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala Insists No Salaries After Sept by samilo88(m): 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2013
E no concern me cos I no be civil servant.. Thank God they didn't say this when I was a youth corpers..
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala Insists No Salaries After Sept by Olaolufred(m): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2013
samilo88: E no concern me cos I no be civil servant.. Thank God they didn't say this when I was a youth corpers..

THIS IS EXACTLY THE ATTITUDE THAT PLUNGED US INTO THIS PIT OF SLAVERY.
SELF-CENTREDNESS.
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala Insists No Salaries After Sept by jjcbuthot: 4:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
samilo88: E no concern me cos I no be civil servant.. Thank God they didn't say this when I was a youth corpers..

It should concern you. If a government can't pay salary, it means the country is broke. If they can't pay salary, what else will they be able to do? Pay contractors for capital projects, etc? Of course no.

The most important things are the basic services we expect from those workers in government establishments like hospitals. Do you think they will be happy to do their job if they are not paid? In the end, everybody will be affected directly or indirectly.

Say NO to bad governance... Say NO corruption...
Re: Budget: Okonjo-iweala Insists No Salaries After Sept by hakunajay(m): 4:24pm On Jul 04, 2013

When you are a youth corpers? are you sure you are a graduate? how only you go be youth CORPERS

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why America's Shale Oil Boom Could End Sooner Than You Think / Pictures When Western Nigeria Became Independent 15 November 1957 / Microsoft Word Recognizes Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.