Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,997 members, 7,936,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 07:36 AM

Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People (28523 Views)

You're Now One Of Us - Arewa Thanks Amaechi For Cancelling Proposed Maritime Uni / Buhari With Amaechi, Fayemi Arrive NewYork For UN 70th Assembly / Photos From Osinbajo's Thanksgiving Service With Amaechi,others In Attendance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by biafranqueen: 12:10am On Jul 18, 2013
EasternLeopard: Did Amaechi provided an alternative b4 destroying those shanties after Patience pleaded with him.? Power without wisdom is a waste.
I agree and I heard that they were compensated if they were not I stand corrected. The point is the men/ women [b][/b] in office [b][/b]should handle this amongst themselves. This conversation is for pillow talk, between husband and wife. She built a huge house she could have used that money to build flats for her people and give them an even brighter more pristine environment, I would have raised money and made sure Amechi dashed $100 gs like he did for a kidney transplant, not ask for peace when all actions are speaking louder then words!
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by PStacks(m): 12:12am On Jul 18, 2013
Nigeria is just a joke..
A country where the WORST of us leads the BEST of us, instead of the BEST of us to lead the WORST of us.

This evening I was watching AIT..
AIT were just Blaming everything on Amechi and I tot of it, was AIT to blame GEJ or PEJ. The cheapest and easiet person to blame was Amechi.. That even further hardened my heart as a Pro-Amechi.. AIT has failed, I headr Dokpesi had to sack Gbenga Aruleba and one other guy.. We say foreign media sway our view but here is a local media attempting to sway my view.. AIT has failed..

As for Madam Umbella, thank God she didn't know she just gave a confessional statement..
I believe her, she doesn't have a hand in the rivers crisis, Amechi is crazy and has decided to scatter his state by himself..
Amechi get well soon.. PEJ thinks u are sick..

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Fadelex(m): 12:12am On Jul 18, 2013
sobaemma: men i was once an enemy of her excellency yesterday but after i watched nta showing her discussing with the bishops,man i felt for her,imagine her excellency begging nigerians to pls show goodluck a little respect,if they dont want to respect him pls give the sit a little respect cus the countries are watching, that in other countries they respect their authorities,imagine the catastrophe we are puttina our president that went and borrow in china for our development?men from today i will not type,critcize the authorities,one day i will be on authority and wouldnt want my followers to do to me what i have done,media better respect our president o
All those appeals na tactics and d tin no go work, if they want to avoid insults they should do d ryt tin... Wich day she hear say dem close d whole of chicago because michelle obama come town?? Or has she ever heard dat michelle obama dragged laura bush to court cuz of land..?? Make she park well joor... As worse as abacha regime was, maryam abacha was d reason we have national hospital today...what positive thing has she used her position to achieve rather that to stain the president's image wit her character... we won't abuse d authority but they shld make sure they do what wil attract blessings of d populace

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 18, 2013
EasternLeopard: Did Amaechi provided an alternative b4 destroying those shanties after Patience pleaded with him.? Power without wisdom is a waste.

Ask yourself did FCT minister provide alternatives before demolishing shanties when he did? None,I can think of
Did Fashola provide alternative for makoko residence?
Ask yourself why did OBJ sell 1004 est to whoever he sold it to when resident association came up with the asking price?
How many alternatives are provided when demolishing shanties that abhors criminals and characters of all kind( na some of them go throw stones for governor convoy o)
Education without wisdom is a bigger waste. U need to learn before coming here to spew rubbish

5 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by biafranqueen: 12:15am On Jul 18, 2013
WildChild00:

This woman to me, will keep making headlines, reasons are that she is not occupied @ the moment, most past first ladies of the the federal republic of Nigeria are occupied, with either helping their fellow women, (infant maternity, rural development for women and many more) Babagida's wife brought better life, Abacha's wife was occupied, Yara'dua's wife was occupied etc but mrs. Jonathan seems not to be occupied with any project, I think this is the main issue.
Dalu my point plainly said
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by EasternLeopard: 12:16am On Jul 18, 2013
@BIAFRANQUEEN Who told you that b4 she reprimanded Amaechi publicly, she did not begged him secretly and yet he went ahead to demolish those shanties without providing an alternative.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by brixton: 12:16am On Jul 18, 2013
djon78: The kind of insult that is poured on this woman and her husband is incomparable, because GEJ is a down to earth man, no wahala. U guys will get the president u deserve, Abacha wll be a childs play, go and mark today, u will say I told u.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Anniettieufia(m): 12:18am On Jul 18, 2013
it started for about four years now,
And yet the two parties were not called together to resolve the issue
when it didn't escarllet to this enormous woo.

truelly , the heart of man is really deeper than a deeper well.[/b][b][i][/i]

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by biafranqueen: 12:21am On Jul 18, 2013
EasternLeopard: @BIAFRANQUEEN Who told you that b4 she reprimanded Amaechi publicly, she did not begged him secretly and yet he went ahead to demolish those shanties without providing an alternative.
my Dear that is how she was suppose to do it as a women and the mother of this great nation. If that did not work hold a fundraiser and build a place for those that are homeless. She has the power, money and the connections to raise money to build all of PH if she wanted too. Does she want to really help her people or seek for attention and flex muscles

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 18, 2013
What happened to the punishment promised to PEJ bashers by GEJ?

shocked grin shocked

Nigerians don't even respect GEJ shocked una no dey fear?

Only Soyinka had the balls to call that hippopotamus to order, then my igbokwe brothers followed am like typical boy boy.
Like I said, if revolution should start it should start in the southwest
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Lusola15: 12:30am On Jul 18, 2013
All Politicians are like condoms

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by wiseguy(m): 12:31am On Jul 18, 2013
EasternLeopard: @BIAFRANQUEEN Who told you that b4 she reprimanded Amaechi publicly, she did not begged him secretly and yet he went ahead to demolish those shanties without providing an alternative.

If at all she begged and Amaechi refused. He has every right to so do. He is the chief executive of the state and knows his plans and vision for his people. She also has every right as a bonafide citizen of the state to challenge Amaechi in the court of law as so many other residents of other waterfronts did at the time and as Keke Napep did to stop Amaechi banning them till today. If she so much has the interest of her people at heart the money for that mansion she built will have given the waterfront the much needed facelift it needs but she only begged for the land where she built her mansion and never cared about her people. She was rude to Amaechi and she did it publicly. Let truth be told.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Nobody: 12:31am On Jul 18, 2013
hamziwhiz: Why will people never let this woman some space?
"Is that how success attracts opposition? "

If you can point out 5 successful things PEJ has done in/for Nigeria(ns), I owe you a cookie.

Sometimes you need to criticize where it's urgently needed. Your politicians aren't gods.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Abagworo(m): 12:31am On Jul 18, 2013

@bolded. Solid Gbagaun.

Yes Amaechi offered alternative settlements at Etche for any of the displaced illegal squatters.

All I have to say is that most of those water sides were
nobody's ancestral land and the squatters were not
necessarily Okrika people. We had Bayelsans, Igbos,
Akwa-Cross, Yoruba and Hausas into one dirty crime or
the other camping at those shanty settlements.
This woman has displayed the highest level of tribalism.
I grew up noticing this suspect by Okrikans
against Ikwerres on land issues. They also say Ikwerres were Igbo slaves that they gave land who later started claiming all the lands. A re-orientation is highly needed in that part of Rivers to make them understand that tribalism is a tool used by the elite to control them.

3 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by EasternLeopard: 12:32am On Jul 18, 2013
[quote author=sanniemoe]
Ask urself did FCT minister provide alternatives b4 demolishing shanties when he did? None,I can think of
Did Fashola provide alternative 4 makoko residence?
Okrikas are indigenes unlike Lagos/Abuja dat have lots of settlers.
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by philips70(m): 12:32am On Jul 18, 2013
biafranqueen: Am I missing something here who is the head of Aso Rock? Which seat did we vote her into? This has to be some what fabricated. Yesterday, it was reported that she knew nothing, now it is like she is basically saying I warned youoo. I mean it is hard to believe that the Presidents people would not caution her on what to say.
This Bishiop is he the same one that was praying for Ibori. shocked wow the Elite are really going mad I knew the ancestors will not forsake the land they are all slowly going mad. The Occultic powers they pledge too are driving them against each other.

You are very correct on the bold line. God should help me not get more and more confused and frustrated about religion as it is in the world today.

2 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Okijajuju1(m): 12:35am On Jul 18, 2013
EasternLeopard: [color=#006600] She acted like d biblical Esther who saved her people. God bless Her.

Saved her people from what exactly?

Saved them from getting god schools to educate Okrika children? Have you been to Okrika Grammar School lately? My Grandfather attended that school.. I took him there for a visit a few months back and he was almost in tears.. The whole of Okrika is a hot mess.. Lets not play politics with this matter. She says she pleaded with him yet she disrespected him at a public function where she told him to shut up. She pleaded with him yet came into Rivers State and disrupted the peace and quiet of the city for 11 days!

Please go and read about Esther... She didn't save her people by acting above her authority or climbing over people above her. She talks about God yet can't respect the leaders which God (the voice of the people) have elected..

Dame Jonathan should return to Aso rock and enter the kitchen and take care of her husband and children's welfare.. We voted for Jonathan not Patience..

4 Likes

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Abagworo(m): 12:35am On Jul 18, 2013
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by WildChild00(m): 12:36am On Jul 18, 2013
biafranqueen: Dalu my point plainly said

I will like to add just this, if you can recall, during the days of IBB, the wife of General Ibrahim Babagida is frm Delta State, and she wanted the capital of that state to be located in Asaba @ as den, i.e. Wen the state was just created, all she did was to go through her husband, in other not to bridge protocol, and she achieved her aims, ordinarly the capital was meant to be either Warri or so, but Marian Babagida was frm Asaba town, this is what Mrs. Jonathan shold hv done via her husband.

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by amunites19(m): 12:38am On Jul 18, 2013
I have personal respect 4 GEJ cos I believe he is a good man as a person but why on earth will PEJ call non-river's people outsiders? I thought she is a mom 2 all nigerians.
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by achovirux(m): 12:38am On Jul 18, 2013
grin grin grin
babyosisi: Nobody should insult her excellency here o
I have warned you folks
Nobody should say pim against her excellency or else ...
Or else u drink cold Fanta or coke...anuman
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by EasternLeopard: 12:42am On Jul 18, 2013
@WildChild00 Who told you she did not go through her husband and yet Amaechi refused to listen to her plea.
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Abagworo(m): 12:47am On Jul 18, 2013
Now that Amaechi is being persecuted because he is perceived as Igbo, what do the Igbo tribalists have to say? https://www.nairaland.com/339254/igbo-hegemony-ph-may-brew
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by wiseguy(m): 12:48am On Jul 18, 2013
amunites19: I have personal respect 4 GEJ cos I believe he is a good man as a person but why on earth will PEJ call non-river's people outsiders? I thought she is a mom 2 all nigerians.

Exactly! First lady of Nigeria calling other Nigerians outsiders. Haba! Even if she harbors it in her heart, it should never have left her mouth. She's Nigeria's first lady for crying out loud and not Okrika or Ijaw first lady.
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by EasternLeopard: 12:49am On Jul 18, 2013
[color=#006600]
amunites19: I have personal respect 4 GEJ cos I believe he is a good man as a person but why on earth will PEJ call non-river's people outsiders? I thought she is a mom 2 all nigerians.
Even ur cousins are outsiders when certain issues arise
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Nobody: 12:50am On Jul 18, 2013
Abagworo:
Now that Amaechi is being persecuted because he is perceived as Igbo, what do the Igbo tribalists have to say? https://www.nairaland.com/339254/igbo-hegemony-ph-may-brew

Continue to support her, what else?

All the Igbo "outsiders" in Rivers have no choice but to cintinue worshipping their God.
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by biafranqueen: 12:51am On Jul 18, 2013
Okija_juju:

Saved her people from what exactly?

Saved them from getting god schools to educate Okrika children? Have you been to Okrika Grammar School lately? My Grandfather attended that school.. I took him there for a visit a few months back and he was almost in tears.. The whole of Okrika is a hot mess.. Lets not play politics with this matter. She says she pleaded with him yet she disrespected him at a public function where she told him to shut up. She pleaded with him yet came into Rivers State and disrupted the peace and quiet of the city for 11 days!

Please go and read about Esther... She didn't save her people by acting above her authority or climbing over people above her. She talks about God yet can't respect the leaders which God (the voice of the people) have elected..

Dame Jonathan should return to Aso rock and enter the kitchen and take care of her husband and children's welfare.. We voted for Jonathan not Patience..

This is from a son of the soil please let us put politics aside and think well the leaders are a reflection of the people!
We should no longer allow the Elite to brainwash us and divide the masses
The Powerful vs the Powerless no more isms only the truth should stand that is if we stand together for the truth all Nigerians will benefit! Even the Elite but greed is blinding them
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by biafranqueen: 12:54am On Jul 18, 2013
WildChild00:

I will like to add just this, if you can recall, during the days of IBB, the wife of General Ibrahim Babagida is frm Delta State, and she wanted the capital of that state to be located in Asaba @ as den, i.e. Wen the state was just created, all she did was to go through her husband, in other not to bridge protocol, and she achieved her aims, ordinarly the capital was meant to be either Warri or so, but Marian Babagida was frm Asaba town, this is what Mrs. Jonathan shold hv done via her husband.
this is a great point a women has a way to get what she wants without making noise. Your husband will always give in when you use honey to sweeten the deal wink
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by adconline(m): 12:59am On Jul 18, 2013
Igwe.:
Even if the story originated from the first Lady, was there anything wrong in what she said?

People saying that Amechi is an elected Governor and nobody should question his authority, but still insult and question Mr. President authority, is GEJ not an elected person, they also sponsor Boko haram to cause distraction for him, God is watching and more than ever, we can see clearly what all this media propaganda is all about.

You hypocrites, why not hold you governors to accountable?

Twisting every story to suit your aspiration, come and get it.

Food for thought; He that never sees anything good in another fellow is known as devil incarnate.

No names mentioned, just identify who you are and mend your ways before it's too late.

Nevertheless, frustration leads to desperation.

Another rambling brought to you by rambling gas supplied by GEJ

1 Like

Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 18, 2013
babyosisi: Nobody should insult her excellency here o
I have warned you folks
Nobody should say pim against her excellency or else ...

Waste of time lol you fool
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by EasternLeopard: 1:08am On Jul 18, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Abagworo:
Now dat Amaechi is bin persecuted because he is perceived as Igbo, what do d Igbo tribalists have 2 say?
What we Igbo tribalists are saying is that GEJ(Ijaw) made our son Chief Of Army Staff to protect his govt 4rm ur kins men
Re: Patience Jonathan Is Angry With Amaechi For The Way He Treated Okrika People by Okijajuju1(m): 1:10am On Jul 18, 2013
biafranqueen:

This is from a son of the soil please let us put politics aside and think well the leaders are a reflection of the people!
We should no longer allow the Elite to brainwash us and divide the masses
The Powerful vs the Powerless no more isms only the truth should stand that is if we stand together for the truth all Nigerians will benefit! Even the Elite but greed is blinding them

[b]I am a full blooded Rivers Man as well...

Amaechi has been good to the State.. He had grand plans for Okrika and Abonnema.. The state is highly divided along tribal lines. He has been able to do more in the upland areas (Ikwerres land) because he is one of them. Even with the Ikwerres, Amaechi does not handle them with kid gloves. Go and see what he did to Isiokpo people when they fought against him tarring the road from the airport to Omerelu. He literally cut them off and built the road around them. Today, they are suffering for that. I'm not blinded by the fact that Amaechi is performing as he can be very dictatorial in his approach to some issues, however for any person to achieve any meaningful thing in Rivers State, that's the only way to go. Look at what he did at the Abonnema waterfront.. That place was a den of criminals. When they laid claims to the land, he had to remind them that the land was not theirs but a reclaimed land that was done by the state gov. He even offered to resettle them which they blatantly refused. I'm sorry, but I love my state under Amaechi.

Constitutionally, PEJ has no rights to be meddling openly in political matters. Traditionally, she shouldn't even be heard in the political arena when she has a husband that is the principal of the Nation. It's like the wife of an Igwe fighting with Ndi ichies on matters bordering on Umunnas..

Jonathan should bring his wife under control.. She is adding more problems to his already problematic government..[/b]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Smiling At Her Husband, President Buhari As They Arrive From Saudi / Past & Present Heads Of State Of Nigeria By Geo-political Zone / Emefiele Pumped ₦‎10Tn Into Economy Through Quasi-Fiscal Activities – Cardoso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.