Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,180 members, 7,936,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 06:30 PM

Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (19952 Views)

Pope Francis To Wash & Kiss The Feet Of 4 Nigerian Catholics, 3 Muslims,5 Others / Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Ubenedictus(m): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
honeric01: ^^^^

Nah

Just that i found out i am wasting my time with someone who thinks some "Christians" are more "christian" than others and that they were given different gospel to preach. (Your heresy is glaring.)
it is a pity you don't know or refuse to know the christian have "offices" that are different from other, some are apostles other presbyter others prophets e.t.c. If you really don't remember the passage of scripture that says that, just let me know i'll remind you. Some christians aren't more 'christian' than others what italo is saying is that we share in the ministry of christ in different degrees.
Let me ask you, why do you think james say when you are sick we should call the presbyter of the church and not just another brother?
I'll leave you with that.

Someone who thinks KJV is a diluted bible.
do you even know how the kjv came about? Go make some research about the kjv, when you are thru u can go argue with italo all you want.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Ubenedictus(m): 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2013

Nah

Just that i found out i am wasting my time with someone who thinks some "Christians" are more "christian" than others and that they were given different gospel to preach. (Your heresy is glaring.)
it is a pity you don't know or refuse to know the christian have "offices" that are different from other, some are apostles other presbyter others prophets e.t.c. If you really don't remember the passage of scripture that says that, just let me know i'll remind you. Some christians aren't more 'christian' than others what italo is saying is that we share in the ministry of christ in different degrees.
Let me ask you, why do you think james say when you are sick we should call the presbyter of the church and not just another brother?

do you even know how the kjv came about? Go make some research about the kjv, when you are thru u can go argue with italo all you want.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 4:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ubenedictus: it is a pity you don't know or refuse to know the christian have "offices" that are different from other, some are apostles other presbyter others prophets e.t.c. If you really don't remember the passage of scripture that says that, just let me know i'll remind you. Some christians aren't more 'christian' than others what italo is saying is that we share in the ministry of christ in different degrees.

Ever heard of the gifts and the fruits of the holy spirits?

Were christians not promised these or was it specified to few christians?

Are these gifts not what humans use in picking their leaders?

Lastly, whether you're the leader in a church or just an usher, would you be judged differently?

Aren't all christians suppose to spread and do the gospel/work of God or do we have specific people for this?

Its just funny lol.

Pls what's inside KJV that's missing from the rest?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Ubenedictus(m): 4:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
honeric01:
Oh, so Jesus gave some of his disciples half-gospel and some full gospel, yet he commanded them all to go into the word to preach the gospel? wetin i no go hear
actually my dear, though i don't believe in your idea of half gospel and full gospels i have to let you know that those who recieved the commision directly are the apostles only. Just so you know.

Paul was made Apostle by Christ where?
i thought you'll remember this passage Paul, an apostle appointed not by human beings nor through any human being but by Jesus christ... gal 1:1, u may also look at gal1:11,
Timothy made a priest by who and where?
so you don't know that timothy was made a presbyter? Or you don't know d english word 'priest' is from the greek word presbyter? You may read 1st timothy if you doubt that timothy is a presbyter.
LOL. i don tire. i thought every christian is suppose to represent Christ, so it means some should be more christian than others, yet we are all to be judge in the same manner at the last day?
i think i explained the part on different offices in the body of Christ in my previous post.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Ubenedictus(m): 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2013
honeric01:

Ever heard of the gifts and the fruits of the holy spirits?
yes
Were christians not promised these or was it specified to few christians?
every christian should have all the fruits of the spirit but not every christian has every gift of the holyspirit and not every christian is an elder or an 'episcopus'

Are these gifts not what humans use in picking their leaders?
Lastly, whether you're the leader in a church or just an usher, would you be judged differently?
whatever thing u do in life will have its own judgement, that of an elder will be on how he led d flock of God, his job isn't the same as that of an usher.

Aren't all christians suppose to spread and do the gospel/work of God or do we have specific people for this?
each according to the gifts and ministry God gave them,

Its just funny lol.

Pls what's inside KJV that's missing from the rest?

i don't find it funny. I don't make it a point to discuss bible versions but i research on them, i advise u to research on whatever version u use. Italo may be interested in a discussion on versions.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 5:57pm On Jul 30, 2013

Nah

Ah!

I am all too familiar with thid lame tactic too.

You cant handle my position so you make up a position for me and argue against it.

Where did I say some Christians are more christian than others?

To think that you even used the ("wink marks show the extent of your deceit.

All to divert attention fron that flawed article of yours.

Weak! And you know it.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 6:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ubenedictus: actually my dear, though i don't believe in your idea of half gospel and full gospels i have to let you know that those who recieved the commision directly are the apostles only. Just so you know.

i thought you'll remember this passage Paul, an apostle appointed not by human beings nor through any human being but by Jesus christ... gal 1:1, u may also look at gal1:11, so you don't know that timothy was made a presbyter? Or you don't know d english word 'priest' is from the greek word presbyter? You may read 1st timothy if you doubt that timothy is a presbyter. i think i explained the part on different offices in the body of Christ in my previous post.

Meaning these ones were the only ones sent out to preach the gospel while anyone else who's a christian should sit back and watch lol.

Sorry, whoever is interpreting bible for you people is really doing 'something'.

Every christian is an apostle of christ. Like a tree with branches and leaves, a tree without braches and leaves can't be seen as a tree, every part is what makes it a tree.

Ever heard of the Jesus being the true vine while we make up the body parts?

I really can't coninue with your heresies.

If i'm to go by your 'standard', who is now the decider of who are the 'apostles' since christ in flesh is no longer with us?

Your understanding of the bible is flawed according to my own background understanding. Two parallel lines so let's not bother again, i'm do full of laughter right now.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
Ubenedictus: actually my dear, though i don't believe in your idea of half gospel and full gospels i have to let you know that those who recieved the commision directly are the apostles only. Just so you know.

i thought you'll remember this passage Paul, an apostle appointed not by human beings nor through any human being but by Jesus christ... gal 1:1, u may also look at gal1:11, so you don't know that timothy was made a presbyter? Or you don't know d english word 'priest' is from the greek word presbyter? You may read 1st timothy if you doubt that timothy is a presbyter. i think i explained the part on different offices in the body of Christ in my previous post.

The deficiency in his theology is really worrying!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 6:22pm On Jul 30, 2013
italo:

Ah!

I am all too familiar with thid lame tactic too.

You cant handle my position so you make up a position for me and argue against it.

Where did I say some Christians are more christian than others?

To think that you even used the ("wink marks show the extent of your deceit.

All to divert attention fron that flawed article of yours.

Weak! And you know it.

Your position is laughable, i really believe i've had enough of it. Your background in christianity and mine are on a parallel line, so unless i want to keep wasting my time, i rather just starting making a game outta your replies. Lol.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 6:30pm On Jul 30, 2013
italo:

Firstly, I do not regard King James version as a faithful interpretation of God's word. I see it as an adulteration. But that is another matter.

Secondly, Apostles are disciples, but not all disciples are Apostles. The Apostles were Jesus' closest disciples, His inner circle (Mark 3:13-14; Luke 6:12-13 for instance) and thus received the entirety of Christ's teaching. Even more, apostleship is an office of the Church established by Christ; whereas discipleship is a belief/lifestyle.

Paul was made an apostle by Christ while Timothy and the present day priests and bishops are successors of the apostles. So they also receive these priestly faculties by laying of hands.
italo:

Firstly, I do not regard King James version as a faithful interpretation of God's word. I see it as an adulteration. But that is another matter.

Secondly, Apostles are disciples, but not all disciples are Apostles. The Apostles were Jesus' closest disciples, His inner circle (Mark 3:13-14; Luke 6:12-13 for instance) and thus received the entirety of Christ's teaching. Even more, apostleship is an office of the Church established by Christ; whereas discipleship is a belief/lifestyle.

Paul was made an apostle by Christ while Timothy and the present day priests and bishops are successors of the apostles. So they also receive these priestly faculties by laying of hands.
italo:

Read your post again. Your 'where' lies in your disciple being different from apostle lolz, meaning some are more 'christ-like' than others due to their 'closeness' to the fleshy christ then.

Ever read where Jesus said 'those who do the will of my father in heaven are my brothers, sisters and mother'?

Also ever read where it was written 'we re one body in christ'?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 6:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
You didnt think Paul was an apostle appointed by Christ...

But Paul says so himself.

You disagree...yet you call us heretics...and laugh at us.

1Cor4:14 This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed.

Yet you dont think anyone has a special teaching role within the Church.

Yet you laugh at us...

...unfortunately, I cant laugh back at you.

I am worried for your soul.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 6:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
honeric01: [sub][/sub]

Read your post again. Your 'where' lies in your disciple being different from apostle lolz, meaning some are more 'christ-like' than others due to their 'closeness' to the fleshy christ then.

Ever read where Jesus said 'those who do the will of my father in heaven are my brothers, sisters and mother'?

Also ever read where it was written 'we re one body in christ'?

You are now arguing against your own statement.

Ride on!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 6:41pm On Jul 30, 2013
honeric01:

Your position is laughable, i really believe i've had enough of it. Your background in christianity and mine are on a parallel line, so unless i want to keep wasting my time, i rather just starting making a game outta your replies. Lol.

No problem. Since you and St Paul are also on parallel lines.

He says he was appointed an apostle by Christ.

You disagree!
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
@ honeric,

Next time you want to post an article, pls read it through. Okay?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 6:43pm On Jul 30, 2013
italo: You didnt think Paul was an apostle appointed by Christ...

But Paul says so himself.

You disagree...yet you call us heretics...and laugh at us.

1Cor4:14 This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed.

Yet you dont think anyone has a special teaching role within the Church.

Yet you laugh at us...

...unfortunately, I cant laugh back at you.

I am worried for your soul.

lol, u see why i say u're funny? U said Jesus hand picked his apostles from his disciples and i asked who picked paul since Jesus was no longer in flesh, you said Jesus did because paul said so himself. So why should that stand?

Were you expecting Christ to be close to all his fellowers in body before? But would that make the rest less 'apostle' to the closer ones?

My stand has been 'every true christian' is an apostle of Christ and have the obligation to preach the gospel. Your personal growth in christ is what opens you up to the gifts/fruits of the spirit.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2013
italo:

No problem. Since you and St Paul are also on parallel lines.

He says he was appointed an apostle by Christ.

You disagree!

Twisting of words to win argument wont earn you a crown in heaven. Everyone is one and same in God's eyes, as long as you're will and ready, he can use you, the gifts are given to prepared vessels.

On the judgement day, everyone's to be judged on the same stardard of grace and mercy.

You see why i feel this is time wasting?

Game-mode activated! Lolz
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 7:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
You are arguing against the opinion you made up on my behalf.

Ride on. Lets see who wins between you and you.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 7:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
Really? Lolz but isn't that what you meant or are the apostles same with the disciples now?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 8:02pm On Jul 30, 2013
You are making sense. Now make an answer for me as usual...lets see if 'you' make sense too.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by honeric01(m): 8:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
Sorry, but are you bipolar?
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by italo: 9:33pm On Jul 30, 2013
honeric01: Sorry, but are you bipolar?

Are you asking me this...or you are asking this on my behalf? undecided
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by Ubenedictus(m): 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
honeric01:

Meaning these ones were the only ones sent out to preach the gospel while anyone else who's a christian should sit back and watch lol.

Sorry, whoever is interpreting bible for you people is really doing 'something'.

Every christian is an apostle of christ. Like a tree with branches and leaves, a tree without braches and leaves can't be seen as a tree, every part is what makes it a tree.

Ever heard of the Jesus being the true vine while we make up the body parts?

I really can't coninue with your heresies.

If i'm to go by your 'standard', who is now the decider of who are the 'apostles' since christ in flesh is no longer with us?

Your understanding of the bible is flawed according to my own background understanding. Two parallel lines so let's not bother again, i'm do full of laughter right now.
i bet you are full of laughter, why not? You lack the simple knowledge that not every member of the body of christ is called to be a preacher, it seem to you the ignorance of this is bliss that it evokes such laughter.
Study to show yourself approved, please read up on 1st cor, mayb along the line you will see it there that not everybody has a particular chasm.

Enjoy! Have a nice day.
Re: Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online by smellingmenses: 5:40am On Jun 01, 2016
first derailment.
but intelligent too.
farano:
If peter & other disciples of Jesus Christ forgive sin, what then is d role of Jesus Christ in salvation? U see ur life? Catholic is demonic but u follow their ways! Catholics fix date 4 church celebrations such as EASTER!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Emmanuel Okose 'Soul E' Is A Fake Pastor - Nigerian Man Exposes Ex Singer(Video) / Pope Benedict (xvi) Resigns / .

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.