Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,200 members, 7,936,716 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 08:47 PM

Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) (32239 Views)

Amaechi On 94.1FM Wazobia In Port Harcourt (photos) / Amaechi On Railway Inspection From Abuja To Kaduna (Photos) / Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by millhouse: 10:03am On Jul 26, 2013
nonsense
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Otunbakay(m): 10:05am On Jul 26, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Dude please lets not get carried away.

Listen to his response to the question at 3:00, "well, well...".

Everybody knows the major problem is corruption, nobody should tell me otherwise.

The stolen money all the way from Abacha's time to the present day and age, do you guys realize just how much money that is?

So please all these yans about oh, we need to do this and that, I am not impressed.

Didn't I hear he bought a jet worth 45 million dollars, who does that in a developing country? That alone is enough to lose my support.

If a God fearing nairlander was a local Governor, and we gave him that money, do you know all he can accomplish? He could get a plot of land to build a SOLAR FARM, that will solve electricity problems just like that within that district. I have heard of 10MW solar farms that are up and running in less than 6 months.

All these guys are not sincere, and it breaks my heart. I am not partisan, I just feel most of them are corrupt.
Very well said, dude! But let me say this as a matter of fact, that, all of the political class are corrupt without an exception.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Otunbakay(m): 10:05am On Jul 26, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Dude please lets not get carried away.

Listen to his response to the question at 3:00, "well, well...".

Everybody knows the major problem is corruption, nobody should tell me otherwise.

The stolen money all the way from Abacha's time to the present day and age, do you guys realize just how much money that is?

So please all these yans about oh, we need to do this and that, I am not impressed.

Didn't I hear he bought a jet worth 45 million dollars, who does that in a developing country? That alone is enough to lose my support.

If a God fearing nairlander was a local Governor, and we gave him that money, do you know all he can accomplish? He could get a plot of land to build a SOLAR FARM, that will solve electricity problems just like that within that district. I have heard of 10MW solar farms that are up and running in less than 6 months.

All these guys are not sincere, and it breaks my heart. I am not partisan, I just feel most of them are corrupt.
Very well said, dude! But let me say this as a matter of fact, that, all of the political class are corrupt without an exception.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by johnstar(m): 10:06am On Jul 26, 2013
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by dinachi(m): 10:07am On Jul 26, 2013
AMAECHI'S WORST IS BETTER THAN JONATHAN'S BEST! The guy simply outclasses and outperforms Jonathan in every sense of the word. As for GEJ supporters, in spite of all the money GEJ spends to bolster his image online this is all you can do? He seriously needs to start hiring people who can help him, cos it appears the likes of sincere9gerian and co are losing the battle and they might soon lose their jobs too! Any ways I knew Amaechi from my days in Port Harcourt and I know he will never disappoint anyway. He is my president from south south!
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by EPOMA(m): 10:10am On Jul 26, 2013
TechyGuy: How much did Amaechi pay to be on Hard Talk and whose fund it is?
Idiot, that is BBC and not AIT. They get nealry 20 billion dollars a year
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by engrfcuksmtin(m): 10:15am On Jul 26, 2013
leggo:
well in that case, may God work on your life the same way Jonathan is running Nigeria
This prayer goes to all supporters of Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by MARKREN: 10:15am On Jul 26, 2013
PDP=APC=ACN. All these politicians are all the same. I don't know why we Nigerians are so blind to these politicians or politrickcians as I choose to call them.

My question is what is the benefit of all this acrimony? They fight each other in the day to make us take sides and cuddle up in the same bed at night to share their loot, thereby blinding us to the real issues that they should be addressing. Issues like corruption, poor education, insecurity, unemployment, excessive recurrent expenditure at all level of govt., poor infrastructure etc.

I have lost count of all the fights going on....PDP Vs APC, APC Vs APGA, PDP Vs GEJ, GEJ Vs BOT PDP, GEJ Vs Amaechi, GEJ Vs NGF, NGF Vs NGF, Patience Vs. Amaechi .....................................etc

People should wake up and smell the coffee...........
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by shadrach77: 10:19am On Jul 26, 2013
He looks very smart in that suit smiley smiley smiley
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Numerouuuno: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2013
obasajo knows his godfatherism or control over this set of people
bloggernaija: (the likes of ribabu , Raphael ndukwe,ekwesili ,amaechi and with nigeria having a lot of professionals excelling oversea)
will not last unlike this set of people
bloggernaija: (umaru and this "PHD " lecturer (a typical, lazy ,nigerian civil service salary earner with no record of achievement,drive and who lacks the modern outlook required to govern in this iPad age.
Not much different was his choice of associating with the likes of Akala,adedibu ,agagu,Uba etc.)
who have nothing to offer and are justthere for there own interest and has nothing to offer to the Nigerian citizenry.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by OdionOdion: 10:22am On Jul 26, 2013
pro01:

It beats me. Here is a person that supposedly has a BSc degree in English, which means he spent four years studying English in the university. Yet, some dimwits here prefer to applaud him for exhibiting barely average capability in what should be his area of expertise.

For someone who majored in English, I'd say his fluency or "eloquence" is mediocre at best. This is notwithstanding the likelihood that he must have spent a huge sum of Rivers State's money to 'arrange' the needless interview, which possibly explains why the interviewer was unduely lenient and agreeable with him. . .

Such an insufferable and misguided fellow. Can't wait for him to be unceremoniously removed from office and dragged down his high horse, hopefully sooner than later.
Eloquence and Fluency yet he married Mary Odili house girl-Judith,he couldn't secured admission to a state university RUST to read Law,fathered by a progressive polygamist,couldn't perform the role of a state executive but only run his mouth.ALL the coastal states in Nigeria are under the threat of flood and erosion but busy granting interviews in far away london,Visit london yet will not see Michael Chinda in a critical health situation. He is already organising a rent crowd to welcome him back from the hapless LONDON voyage,the dust will soon settle down and reality will done on YOU.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by ritux: 10:23am On Jul 26, 2013
[size=26pt]I need more FRESH AIR till >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2019[/size]

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Numerouuuno: 10:25am On Jul 26, 2013
OdionOdion: Eloquence and Fluency yet he married Mary Odili house girl-Judith,he couldn't secured admission to a state university RUST to read Law,fathered by a progressive polygamist,couldn't perform the role of a state executive but only run his mouth.ALL the coastal states in Nigeria are under the threat of flood and erosion but busy granting interviews in far away london,Visit london yet will not see Michael Chinda in a critical health situation. He is already organising a rent crowd to welcome him back from the hapless LONDON voyage,the dust will soon settle down and reality will done on YOU.
its dawn not done. undecided
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Numerouuuno: 10:26am On Jul 26, 2013
OdionOdion: Eloquence and Fluency yet he married Mary Odili house girl-Judith,he couldn't secured admission to a state university RUST to read Law,fathered by a progressive polygamist,couldn't perform the role of a state executive but only run his mouth.ALL the coastal states in Nigeria are under the threat of flood and erosion but busy granting interviews in far away london,Visit london yet will not see Michael Chinda in a critical health situation. He is already organising a rent crowd to welcome him back from the hapless LONDON voyage,the dust will soon settle down and reality will done on YOU.
its dawn not done. wink
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Numerouuuno: 10:27am On Jul 26, 2013
ritux: [size=26pt]I need more FRESH AIR till >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2019[/size]
waste of bandwith,mods where arth thou?
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by ddeola: 10:37am On Jul 26, 2013
Nice one ! He was objective in answering the questions and he gave practical answers. One point I wish to hammer on from his responses is that elected officers should concentrate on their work now and leave 2015 to a later date, how can a man who has a mandate of 4 years ignore what he has and be chasing shadows in the name of another term when he's supposed to understand that his performance is paramount for his re-election.

Abeg, a word is enough for the wise jare !
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by 50calibre(m): 10:40am On Jul 26, 2013
Why was it this guy to conduct this interview, where was Stephen Sakur? That's the real hard talk man, he dispatches his questions like missiles.

No wonder amaechi had it easy
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by ibietela2(m): 10:41am On Jul 26, 2013
mbhs139: I wonder what being eloquent and compose got to do with the interview and matter at hand. Why didn't you people focus on the subject matter; what he said and what he failed to say.

And for those of you saying Rotimi should listen to his Oga, let me remind you that even the Vice Chancellor of a University does not Lord it over other members of staff because he's not their employee. They are all employed the same way with the VC. He only holds that position in trust.

Same goes to Amaechi and GEJ: They were both vote seekers, who were rightfully voted for in their respective capacity as Governor and President. No one of them can Lord it over the other. Except in constitutional matters.

At least, you people did Government in WAEC, haba!

So why did he suspend the local government chairman?
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 26, 2013
leggo:
well in that case, may God work on your life the same way Jonathan is running Nigeria
I say a very loud and deafening AMEN.

Now to you, may God work your life and that of your unborn generation the same way past leaders ruled this country in the last 3 to 4 decades.

2 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by faithynuvo(m): 10:41am On Jul 26, 2013
gov amaechi is more inteligent that drunkard we have in aso rock called himself president of fedral republic of patience okrika supported by wike and some village boys in river state house of assembly.

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by romeo(m): 10:48am On Jul 26, 2013
I didn't know that "State Govt. doing water, NDC doing water, Local Govt. doing water" is eloquence. Educated illiterates!!

2 Likes

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by ibietela2(m): 10:49am On Jul 26, 2013
obayaya:

maybe he created the problems, maybe he didn't. I don't care.. all I want is that he should be left alone and encouraged to keep bringing dividends of democracy to rivers state.

his methods might be wrong but he gets results just like mourinho. Nigeria needs a strong hand and not arsene wengers type of conservative rule that doesn't bring results..

Dude give our prof some respects and stop comparing him with your useless country politricks
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by charlie111(m): 10:51am On Jul 26, 2013
well, I might not agree with Goodluck's policies and all but Amaechi is no comparison. if Obasanjo truly wants Lamido as the president in 2015 and Amaechi as vice president, i think it's worth the trial. Goodluck is no fit for the presidency, let's forget sentiments and face facts.. i strongly believe the Lamido and Amaechi team will do better. smiley

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by ibietela2(m): 10:53am On Jul 26, 2013
theoctopus:

Sometimes I don't understand some of you. If you believe in him so much, why not advise him to take the yoruba elder's advice and join APC. Then they can make him the presidential candidate and presto. Problem solved. Isn't that simple enough? Or are you people planning on voting pdp if they make Amachey the presidential candidate just because Amaechi is eloquent? You need a brain check.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by ibietela2(m): 10:54am On Jul 26, 2013
TechyGuy:

And it didn't take long to show how uncouth you can be. Most of you ACN/CPC supporters are the same with some exceptions though.
Can never disagree without being an "agbero".

I am not a PDP member nor am I GEJ's die-hard supporter, in fact, I was an ACN supporter until I saw the deception, hypocrisy and "agberoism".
By the way, Amaechi is PDP, so why are the supporters of Amaechi in every thread ACN/CPC and from mostly SW or N?
People who in most cases have not gone past Lagos Ibadan expressway?
The exact deception I speak of!

The hate for GEJ
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by 1forall: 11:14am On Jul 26, 2013
biafranqueen:

Biko Biko My friend Andy Uba has a GENUINE PhD from UCS

University of Creditcard Scam I saw him graduate here in California with my own eyes grin

Hahahahahahaha grin

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by goodtalk(m): 11:16am On Jul 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Incredible! Is this a joke or what? So those are your qualities of a good president? Even Adolf Hitler had most of those.

Anyway, I'm not surprised. Because of your hate for GEJ, some of you can support the devil.

I do not need an arrogant, power-drunk, despotic, immature, and thoughtless president. This is a governor whose action or inaction has virtually set his state on fire. As we speak, the function of the Rivers State House of Assembly has been taken over by the NASS. There are 36 state governors- 23 PDP governors and 13 of opposition parties. Why is Amaechi's state burning? I dont want a president that will set Nigeria on fire.

We'r talking of a state governor who embarked on a very important and EXPENSIVE project ( mono-rail) without properly thinking it through. For me, that is FOOLISHNESS. And other instances of such white elephant or thoughtless projects abound in the state.

I thought some of you are anti-corruption advocates? How has Amaechi fought corruption as governor?

[b][/b]GEJ may not be the most intelligent president in the world but he is focused, calm, cool-headed, consensus builder and most importantly, he has surrounded himself with the MOST INTELLIGENT Nigerians in the world: from the minister of Agriculture, finance minister, minister of communication technology, etc. Even one of his ministers was recently harvested by a multinational agency.
From your own words you have already agreed that GEJ may not be all that intelligent! But Nigerians are angling for an intelligent president with t'he proper understanding to move our economy to t'he next level, you said he surrounded himself with who? Intelligent people? I beg to disagree, t'he same minister of Agriculture went ahead to buy 10millon phones for farmers despite t'he hues and cries of t'he nation against it and we are still yet to know t'he correct amount that was spent on such profligacy, common sence should have told him that most Nigerians already have fones and all he needed to do was to give out to farmers serialised sim cards for use on there fones! T'he finance minister is another matter! Oby ezekweile t'he former minister has told Nigerians how billions of dollars was squanderd and embessled during t'he govt of yaradua and goodluck but what has ngozi iweala told t'he nation? Nothing! Even when she has been a minister of finance for most of t'he years! That this people are very intelligent! I beg to disagree, they can only be jurged based on t'he tangible results we can see. As to jonathan, he remains t'he most sly and devisive president Nigeria has ever had, he keeps denying he has no hand in t'he Rivers wahala even when t'he blind,deaf and t'he lame knows that jona and his hippopotamus wife are t'he pupet masters in t'he embroglio, Wike t'he minister in jonathans cabinet is t'he man running all t'he dirty errands. Ameachi will continue to appear larger than life if jona and t'he hippotamus does not stay away from Rivers politics and t'he future of Amaechi

1 Like

Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Longeria(m): 11:20am On Jul 26, 2013
P.Stacks:

You talk of Amechi in so much bad light and with Bad blood. Have you forgotten that GEJ was only a Deputy Governor in Bayelsa and Became governor only by Alamiesegha's undoing? Becoming Vice president to Yar'dua wasn't that he won any election to be Deputy president, Fate had it that Yar'dua would die (May his Gentle soul rest in peace) and Jonathan became President, GEJ couldn't even win an election without sentiments.. I voted for GEJ because he had no shoes. I'm ashamed of myself that I allowed "No shoes" to sway my opinion.. He won free and square with "No shoes".. This is GEJ.. But Amechi at one point or the Other was voted for and accepted to be the most qualified to Be Chairman Governors forum.. A Governors Forum that has the Likes Of Fashola my man, Amosu my Man, Aregbeshola my man, Oshiomole my Man.. These are all men of timber and caliber, men of substance yet Amechi emerged Head of Governors forum to head Technocrats such as Fashola and co, that Amechi must be God sent, he must be a messiah to even assume head of a Forum that has Fashola.. Fashola is a messiah to almost every nigerian except we wan deny all we want, but even Fashola duffs his hat for Amechi and accepted Amechi to head him in the NGF.. I won't let an idiot rule over me.. Amechi is governor and u say he didn't work for it.. Were u the one that dashed him, pls dash me counsellor of my ward since u dash people political appointments nao..

Amechi is a Messiah and that's what he would Remain..

You can deny all u want but Amechi is the Man of the Moment with Popularity rating far higher than GEJ.. BBC doesn't just call any riff raff to #HardTalk.. Nooo. Its only Movers and shakers.. Amechi is one..

Amechi My Hero.
Amechi For Mankind.
Amechi for 2015..
Sharaaaaaaaaaap there, so Fashola is a Messiah to Nigerians, including those he just "DEPORTED"
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by krisproperty: 11:22am On Jul 26, 2013
Yeah, i feel your points tokunboh! You too make alot of senses
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by nino213(m): 11:28am On Jul 26, 2013
Nobody has really taken time to summarize what Amaechi and his host talked about on the program. Rather we see people taking sides on issues that are irrelevant.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by Longeria(m): 11:38am On Jul 26, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
I say a very loud and deafening AMEN.

Now to you, may God work your life and that of your unborn generation the same way past leaders ruled this country in the last 3 to 4 decades.
A loud AMEN.
Re: Gov Amaechi On BBC HARDtalk (Video) by dady12: 11:40am On Jul 26, 2013
nwekesimon68: U are an otele. U are an aji in u are a bottle of shit
look at gay man,abeg fire down,i am a man not a woman.madman.go and check ur brain in the hospital

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Clergymen, Bishops At Shettima’s Unveiling Not Fake:Tinubu Campaign Organisation / CSU: Certificate Tinubu Submitted To INEC Not Our Document - DailyPost / ‘SARS Doing Fantastically Well’ — Police Kick Against #endsars Campaign

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.