Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,917 members, 7,959,875 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 09:12 AM

Northern Elders Disown Birma Over Support For Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northern Elders Disown Birma Over Support For Jonathan (1066 Views)

Sacking Jega “recipe For Disaster” – Northern Elders / You Can’t Threaten Me, Jonathan Tells Northern Elders / Northern Elders Give Jonathan October Ultimatum To End Bokoharam Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Northern Elders Disown Birma Over Support For Jonathan by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 31, 2013
The Northern Elders Forum has denied statements credited to a one time minister of education, Alhaji Dauda Brima, that northern elders have decided to support President Goodluck Jonathan to seek re-election in 2015.
Spokesman of the Northern Elders Forum, Professor Ango Abdul-lahi, at a press conference in Bauchi said at no time did northern elders give such support.
Professor Abdullahi maintained that the statement which was said to have been made by Dauda Brima during a visit to the national chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) Alhaji Bamanga Tukur, was not the position of the ACF or the Elders Forum.
He said, “I understand quote and unquote that he made the state-ment in the name or on behalf of northern elders. I did not attend any meeting with Malam Dauda, and I don’t remember him attending any of our meetings or our activities. So I want to make it absolutely clear that Mallam Dauda Birma wasspeaking on behalf of some northern elders outside the ACF and outside the Northern Elders Forum and I believe outside many other groups that I know working with us. So he is entirely on his own and we respect his rights as a Nigerian citizen to associate and to give support where he feels support is needed or is deserved”.
He said, “Nobody is saying that 99.9 per cent or 100 per cent of northerners are going to have the same opinion, but we concede his right to speak for himself and for people with whom he associates.”
Abdullahi maintained that just as the South-south geopolitical region has been clamouring that the president should remain in their zone, the north has reasons to agitate that power should come to it in 2015.
Re: Northern Elders Disown Birma Over Support For Jonathan by Longeria(m): 8:50am On Jul 31, 2013
Mtcheewww
Re: Northern Elders Disown Birma Over Support For Jonathan by mgbeketoto: 9:37am On Jul 31, 2013
I happy about the clarification. Please, field a good Northern candidate.
You have my support! kiss
It is your turn. . . after GEJ gets 2 more years. . . not 4! kiss
Left to me. . .the "S"election process should be in 2017. . . that way GEJ would have had his 8 full years or DRAUGHT and ECONOMIC FAMINE! kiss

So he is entirely on his own and we respect his rights as a Nigerian citizen to associate and to give support where he feels support is needed or is deserved”.

He said, “Nobody is saying that 99.9 per cent or 100 per cent of northerners are going to have the same opinion, but we concede his right to speak for himself and for people with whom he associates.”

Abdullahi maintained that just as the South-south geopolitical region has been clamouring that the president should remain in their zone, the north has reasons to agitate that power should come to it in 2015.

Let the games begin!
HEADS OR TAILS! cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Deltans Na Our Hand E Dey / Dad,friend Raped Daughter For Seven Years / Dokpesi At The Verge Of Becoming Jonathan’s Chief Of Staff •oghiadomhe On The Wa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.