Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,179 members, 7,936,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 06:23 PM

Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate (5582 Views)

Atiku's Photo With His Beautiful Daughters To Celebrate Day Of The Girl Child. / No Genuine Reason To Remove Oil Subsidy Yet–buhari / Nigeria Has No Reason To Be Poor — EU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by dee02(m): 11:30am On Jun 01, 2008
kaboninc:

@dee02
Mr the problem is that u are not leaving here in the country. If you do then would talk more. But I challange u to just mention one simple bad thing in that guy and also give me a prefereable person in his place.

What do you mean by i am not leaving in the country
well for your information i have leaved there and i would return! cheesy
Do i not visit him or do i not have families and friends outhere
Must i live in naija to see the rot and decadence in the country?
Did u have electricity fully in the last 24hours?
Why would Yar'Adua still consult with a corrupt gay like Ibori, on running Nigeria rather than concentrate on his job?
I don't need to mention one simple bad thing because everything is unacceptable, hopeless and unconvincing

I agree building Nigeria would take time but it is not rocket science to see that we are just being fed lofty and more lofty promises which we would all admit would end up not getting kept!A blind man knows Nigeria is stagnant and we are not moving forward.There are loads of Nigerians far better than Yar'Adua, far equipped to steer us towards better days and capable of making tangible turnaround changes in 365days! Do you agree?We do not expect rapid changes but the situation could have been a lot better after a year!( and don't ask me if i can do a better shop becoz i am not capable! grin

The problem with Nigeria is we prefer to suffer in silence, we have accepted our fates as sufferheads with death the only thing we look forward to and we would rather wait for people like Wole Soyinka, Gani Fawehimin and Adams Oshiomole to talk before we join the bandwagon, and when we do so, we do not wholeheartedly, we chicken out in droves!

Shameless morons are the ones who would throng the streets and rejoice 365days of darkness in Nigeria, bastards are the ones who would say they are 100% happy with the state of the Country and vagabonds are the ones who would keep congratulating yar'Adua for a job well done, he his not the right man and he doesnt have the right team to steer the country towards better days!

3yrs today we would probably be singing the same tune, e go better?for how long?do we need to have ten presidents at a time to change the country?do we need to split the country up, perhaps it would be more manageable?
No disrespect to the person of Yar'Adua but he his not capable of leading Naija (but all disrespect to the gutter ugly OBJ!)

OBJ had his time, 8years of misery and the only thing he achieved was to steal the oil blocks, loot the treasury without care, feed his corrupt footsoldiers (Andy Uba and co) to stupendous wealth, sleep with his Son's wife amongst other shameless married female Ministers, failed to improve infrastructural facilities, lacked the tactical skills to manage the country effectively, as well as other disgusting acts which proves that not all adults have common sense and leadership abilities!

Nigeria and Nigerians still slaves after Independence (Madu Onuorah)
Nigerians think, rise and shine!

I am out!
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2008
They said the administration had not shown any sign that it was serious about confronting the challenges facing the country, especially in the power sector.
When did they ever?
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by bilymuse: 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2008
hi,
there is nothing to be build in Nigeria, its a failed state. the component to build a proper country is absence. An average Nigerian does not believe in Nigeria.

the reason Nigeria is existing is not because of the army ( probably the most corrupt, indiscipline, ill equip in the world), nor the people (they hate each other), nor the constitution (nobody gives a damn about it), nor the government ( laugh- ha ha ha)

the reason Nigeria is existing is because of oil, its bring in more than 90% of every single penny in Nigeria. take away the oil, Nigeria is nothing. when the oil finished Nigeria will cease to exist, in it present form.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jun 01, 2008
bilymuse:

hi,
there is nothing to be build in Nigeria, its a failed state. .

Since when?
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Cristalz(f): 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2008
Lol grin grin grin

I think he means Nigeria is in a failed state,not that Nigeria is a state.

@bilymuse
Come on.The situation's bad but its not that bad.Your post sounds so scary,lol grin
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jun 01, 2008
Q: What do you expect from a man who was thinkng about his kidneys the night before and was dragged by the scruff of his neck the next day to be president?

A: "Exciting times"

and that s what we wll get for the next 2 years, nothing, Our president had no plan for us before coming, so don't expect anything productvie in his first term
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Nobody: 2:59am On Jun 02, 2008
Ppl get it str8 o. . .

D-Day is not Democracy day. . , wetin be democracy in Nigeria?
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Kobojunkie: 4:10am On Jun 02, 2008
What has humility to do with politician to politician relationship??
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by bilymuse: 9:08am On Jun 02, 2008
Cristalzon: Yesterday at 12:48:53 PM
Come on.The situation's bad but its not that bad.Your post sounds so scary,lol

lm not scary but factual. Nigeria is living on a borrowed time. when the oil finished , our time will be up. the operation of Nigeria system is simple: sell oil, share the money. About 50% of the oil money goes into private pocket, 20% is used to fund abandoned projects and the remaining 30% for services ( salaries, maintenance , ).

No Nigeria governmeny till date has been able to give a proper account of how the oil money is been spent. Probably they dont know.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by bilymuse: 9:13am On Jun 02, 2008
Regarding the nature of the present regime , l believe Yemola captured the mood:

Q: What do you expect from a man who was thinkng about his kidneys the night before and was dragged by the scruff of his neck the next day to be president?

A: "Exciting times"

and that s what we wll get for the next 2 years, nothing, Our president had no plan for us before coming, so don't expect anything productvie in his first term

l rest my case
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by CyberG: 6:10pm On Jun 02, 2008
For people defending Yaradua that he has only been there for a year, I PITY you! Wake up and smell the coffe, would you? For your information, the roads repaired, bridges being built and infrastructure that has been maintained in Edmonton (my residence) has exceeded the whole thing Yaradua may have done in his whole 1 year+. In fact, more than all the ones Obasanjo did in 8 years in quality and quantity!

In case you don't know, that is just one city in a province (analogous to state in Nigeria). Can you imagine how much is going on within the province and the whole country (Canada) within a year?? Yet Nigerians like to defend the ridiculous and 'undefendable' saying it's not Yaradua's fault and it has only been one year? Someone show me what he has done in the one year, please!

In conclusion, a whole president went to Germany to get the healthcare he couldn't even provide for Nigerians and himself! He paid millions of dollars not naira! Nigerians may not know but the MOST useless, homeless, jobless, poor, (fill in the gap) German has exactly the same health privileges Yaradua just used Nigerian money to pay for! Here in Canada, with my $44 per month, I will get treated with the best treatment money can buy in any hospital I choose to go. With my extended health coverage, 80% of all my medical bills are automatically paid off for almost any kind of illness which I don't have any! Here is the icing, by January 2009, all my health premiums are automatically paid by the government and I will NO LONGER pay any health insurance premium in this province. I get the best health care money can buy in Canada for my troubles! (LOL). This is what Yaradua has gone, is going and will still go and pay a gazillion dollars for and Nigerians are dying from common sicknesses? Yet, Nigerian's see nothing wrong with the 'good' man?? PITY, PITY, PITY!!
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by Anuliph(f): 12:47am On Jun 03, 2008
Youths of Nigeria. The future generation. It is more than you, and i and nairaland.
It is either we beat 'em or we join 'em.
The question is? how can one change things without 'joining' politics? coz it seems its only for the rogues who in turn, are the ones running the show.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by tat1(m): 11:44am On Jun 03, 2008
I AM SAD 4 THIS COUNTRY COS NOTHING IS WORKING BUT I BELIEVE God will not forget nigeria( is going to be good) democracy is not worth celebrating,we dnt even need holiday but 1year fastin and prayer. so that bad people(corupt leaders) we died along the fastin.am i rit
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by tat1(m): 11:58am On Jun 03, 2008
not worth celebratin,we didnt even need holiday but 2yrs fastin and prayer to kill all corupt leaders in this country.please house we need to pray 4 this country to stop this coruption cos it has really eatin up the country to the bone.[b]Nigeria wil still rise from the dead not sleep.sign up
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by KayOhKay: 12:05pm On Jun 03, 2008
May 29 reminded of Fela who in one of his songs defined democracy as demonstration of crazy people, crazy demo, and so on. I think it's high time we prove this myth wrong by rendering services to our fellow men. Let's leave the government out of this, they have failed us cry Their plans are always towards sustainability of Nigeria at the expence of Nigerians. Nigeria: * A country where the rich are getting richer and the poor getting poorer, number of beggars on our streets are enough to make a country. Only God can save us from this mess.
No cause to celebrate, let's celebrate Jesus who alone giveth His life for mankind. , while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us cool
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by eminemkayc: 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2008
nepa is still malfunctioning and umaru is saying non-sense ;d. i thiink its high tyme we have snippers in this country to eradicate all these nuisance in naija
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by eminemkayc: 12:53pm On Jun 03, 2008
SOME TIMES AIKEEP WONDERING WHY AM A NIGERIAN, EH! THIS IS THE TWENTY FIRST CENTURY AND STILL THIEVES PARADE THEMSELVES IN ASO ROCK. I WISH FELA COULD RESSURECT AND LASH THESE ANIMALS LYRICALLY
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by bilymuse: 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2008
my brother l wonder same as u, if l have the opportunity to choose when coming next time, lm sure lt wont be Nigeria.
Re: Democracy Day : No Reason To Celebrate by blacksta(m): 12:25am On Sep 13, 2011
;d

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mimiko Threatens To Shut Down Tinubu's Radio Station / FG Starts The Reconstruction Of Onitsha-enugu Road / Nigeria Will Not Abandon Abdulmutallab - Gbenga Ashiru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.