Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,655 members, 7,962,135 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 12:29 AM

Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria (14437 Views)

Poll: Kanu or Lagos State Government: who is right?

Kanu: 84% (95 votes)
Govt.: 15% (17 votes)
This poll has ended

Emmanuel Emenike In Dispute With Enugu Govt Over Land Meant For Football Acad. / Susanne Ibru Jailed Again For Stalking Man Utd's Rio Ferdinand / Shooting Stars Disbanded By Oyo Govt Over Mounting Financial Bills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 7:05pm On Jun 26, 2008
wormedup:

Jairzinho,

Okocha bringing international stars is between him and them !
okocha is not funding it with Delta State's money ! geddit
@worm
You'll agree with me,that this your post has generated more HEAT than LIGHT .

wormedup:

what i do with my money is my bizznizz !
what the state governor does with OUR money has to be on [s]OUR approval [/s] ;else it's CRIMINAL !!!

Your approval ke? undecided You just come town? We collectively gave him approval when we voted for him & you can withdra same 2011 by voting against him tongue !
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by bgees(m): 7:19pm On Jun 26, 2008
Whether ferdinand will fund a soccer academy in nigeria or not.it remains to be seen. Only time will tell.
And pls kanu is'nt jealous.he has touchd more lives.

And to start comparing kanu & rio is wrong.
Just like harry redknapp saip,"england have not produced a player like kanu'
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 7:22pm On Jun 26, 2008
Jackal:

@ Mustay,

Are u an illiterate?
How can u compare Rio Ferdinand's fame to Kanu Nwankwo?
Who is Kanu?
Please. . . . . . . . .never ever compare any African player as far as fame is concerned to any English player.
The way the English media package their players is top draw. . . . . .
Rio will attract more mouth-watering endorsements more than all the super eagles team put together.
@jackal
Inasmuch as I disagree with Kanu's rantings on the Rio affair(if indeed he made such comments)my submissions above state that clearly,I think you(Mr jackal)are not giving our man the respect he derserves: Kanu is arguably one of he MOST DECORATED footballers of all time,now were're not talking of a 'one club win 20 titles' kind of player but a genuine football hero.

I list his achievements below:

Country[/b]FIFA U-17 World Cup
1993 Winner(Gold Medal)

FIFA World Cup  2 Appearances:
1998(Second Round), 2002(First Round)

African Cup of Nations
Appearances: 2000(Silver Medal), 2002(Bronze Medal), 2004(Bronze Medal), 2006(Bronze Medal), 2008(Quarter Finalist)

Olympic Games
1996 Olympic Games (Gold Medal)

[b]Club

Nigerian Premier League: 1
1992-93, Iwuanyanwu Nationale F.C

Eredivisie(Dutch Championship): 3
1993-94, AFC Ajax
1994-95, AFC Ajax
1995-96, AFC Ajax

UEFA Champions League: 1
1994-95, AFC Ajax

UEFA Cup: 1
1997-98, F.C. Internazionale Milano

English Premier League: 2
2001-02, Arsenal F.C.
2003-04, Arsenal F.C.

FA Cup: 3
2001-02, Arsenal F.C.
2002-03, Arsenal F.C.
2007-08, Portsmouth F.C.

FA Community Shield: 1
2004, Arsenal F.C.

Others
1996, African Footballer of the Year
1999, African Footballer of the Year

So ,pls lets give honour to whom its due. Rio may enjoy fame by his association with Man U,but he's no where near the legend Owelle Nwankwo Kanu.  smiley

Just my 2 cents
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Jackal(m): 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2008
@ Jairzinho,

Fame is not by achievements alone. . . . . If it is, David Beckham should not be the most famous footballer in the world.
Beckham is not skillful, never won a competition with his country but his fame dwarfs Nigeria as a country(never mind Kanu Nwankwo).
We are not talking achievements here. . . . . We are talking about who would attract more attention. . .Kanu or Rio??
The answer is so glaring!!!! RIO versus Kanu is like 50 cent vs Eedris Abdulkareem.
'Nuff said.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Jairzinho(m): 7:49pm On Jun 26, 2008
no further comments
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by joeycrack: 8:01pm On Jun 26, 2008
Nairalanders just go to OP,

Rio did not organise the street soccer challenge , he was merely called to flag it off. Other Celebrities and even presidents have been to Nigeria, so the cumin of Rio having such a huge Impact on our Goodwill is beyond me. And pls do not tell me its becos Rio came that the Man utd will be cumin.

On the other hand, Rio will be able to attract more sponsors than a Nigerian player but this sponsors may have been on board even without Rio has it does a lot to improve their Image.

Kanu is not Jealous,

We are talking about the most decorated player in Africa here,
Also Kanu has been and is still involved in helping the youths, He's a Unicef ambassador for pete's sake (needless to talk about the foundation).

I wonder how many lives the so called Educated ones have been able to save and how they have been able to help their community. Education is Xtremely important but so also is beign a proffesional and succesful at whateva you do and giving back to the society.

Having a superior educational background does not trivialise the opinions of others. Education and literacy are different things.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2008
joeycrack:

Nairalanders just go to OP,

Rio did not organise the street soccer challenge , he was merely called to flag it off. Other Celebrities and even presidents have been to Nigeria, so the cumin of Rio having such a huge Impact on our Goodwill is beyond me. And please do not tell me its because Rio came that the Man utd will be cumin.

On the other hand, Rio will be able to attract more sponsors than a Nigerian player but this sponsors may have been on board even without Rio has it does a lot to improve their Image.

Kanu is not Jealous,

We are talking about the most decorated player in Africa here,
Also Kanu has been and is still involved in helping the youths, He's a Unicef ambassador for pete's sake (needless to talk about the foundation).

I wonder how many lives the so called Educated ones have been able to save and how they have been able to help their community. Education is Xtremely important but so also is beign a proffesional and succesful at whateva you do and giving back to the society.

Having a superior educational background does not trivialise the opinions of others. Education and literacy are different things.

If you get off that crack, we may understand you
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by RedHotChic(f): 9:58pm On Jun 26, 2008

Agree, Kanu is a darling. His heart foundation speaks for itself and to hell with those that compare him with Rio. What charitable work has Rio done outside England? If you must compare Kanu with someone, it should be Bono.

And who's talking about attracting investors? How many has Rio attracted for you? You better fix your country, improve on power and security inorder to attract investors.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Radiant(f): 10:11pm On Jun 26, 2008
The ever controversial Jackal grin

@topic. . . .the usual Nigeria drama. It never ends grin
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by DrKitaun(m): 12:24am On Jun 27, 2008
@Mustay

am sorry u are a lost case ! tongue dumb as ever . . .was this discussion about Kitaun in the 1st place ? undecided

na wa o . . . shocked

why is it so hard for it to sink in to ur faggoty brains that a Kanu could have been invited to kick-start the project but A RIO FERDINAND KICK-STARTING IT HAS BEEN MORE SUITABLE !!!

is it the 1st time an icon of any discipline has been hosted by any State govt ? what did Saraki do in Kwara state not too long ago ? odesco tongue

didnt the Chelsea team and Mumurinho visit Ghana ? who lashed at their govt for hosting them ?

who is the stan here that he is saying that Uduaghan is not footing most of the bills that has brought Intl stars here for JJ's testimonial match ?

[b]I AM TIRED OF REPLYING FOOLS THAT SHOULD RATHER READ AND PASS BUT RATHER WANT TO COME AND SOUND OFF AS BEING INTELLIGENT HERE :[/b]P
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by folahann(m): 1:06am On Jun 27, 2008
Dr Kitaun:

is it the 1st time an icon of any discipline has been hosted by any State govt ? what did Saraki do in Kwara state not too long ago ? odesco tongue

didnt the Chelsea team and Mumurinho visit Ghana ? who lashed at their govt for hosting them ?

please get your facts right before posting comment aboutyou an event

who told you it was Ghana govt. that sponsored Chelsea to came to Ghana

for your info, they rather gave to Ghana, they didn't take from them
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by DrKitaun(m): 1:39am On Jun 27, 2008
folahann:

please get your facts right before posting comment aboutyou an event

who told you it was Ghana govt. that sponsored Chelsea to came to Ghana

for your info, they rather gave to Ghana, they didn't take from them

I have always told u, when u see my post PLACE ME ON IGNORE MODE ! OLODO ! tongue cool

who told u that they were not hosted ? would CHELSEA FC have hosted themselves there > are u guys dis dumb ?

geez ! some of u guys only spend all ur time on the net hence u are not any exposed ! shocked

Rio was invited over to kick-start a street soccer project and IS INTENDING TO COME START AN ACADEMY HERE, HOW CAN THAT BE TOO FOR A SANE MIND TO TAKE HOME AS ONE OF THE GAINS OF BRF HAVING INVITED HIM OVER ? undecided
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Akolawole(m): 2:06am On Jun 27, 2008
Na wa o.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by DrKitaun(m): 2:19am On Jun 27, 2008
haaaaaa . . . shocked

@Akolawole

change your siggy sharp sharp  angry egbon, traitor ni yin  angry   grin
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Akolawole(m): 2:23am On Jun 27, 2008
@Dr

Why you go look at my Siggy?

No be sooooooooooooo.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by smile4kenn(m): 5:33am On Jun 27, 2008
[size=16pt]Eto'o aims to inspire east African youth [/size]

[size=13pt]Three-time African Footballer of the Year Samuel Eto'o hopes that a three-day visit to Kenya and Uganda will prove an inspiration to young people. [/size]

Eto'o shows his skills to schoolchildren in Kampala
The Cameroon striker and former Indomitable Lions goalkeeper Thomas Nkono held coaching clinics for children in Nairobi and Kampala.

The purpose was to use football as a tool to train and educate children on key life skills.

"You know that in life we all need role models and we also need to have a dream," said Eto'o.

"My dream when I was young was to be like [Cameroon legend] Roger Milla. I didn't become exactly like him, but I don't think I've taken the wrong path either.

"I'd like to show these children that it's possible to get anywhere they'd like to be. All they need is discipline and the will to get to where they want to be.

"People have come to see that you learn life skills through football - you could start playing football and become a doctor or a lawyer or anything."

Just as the 2007 BBC African Footballer of the Year, Emmanuel Adebayor, has been giving credit to his mother for her support of his talent, so too has Eto'o.

My parents played a very important role in nurturing me, in Africa it's mothers that show the way

Samuel Eto'o

"My parents played a very important role in nurturing me, especially my Mum, because in Africa it's mothers that show the way.

"They weren't afraid to see me get dirty, so they encouraged me to play football.

"The important thing in life is to know where you're coming from, where you are and where you're going.

"So when I started, I told myself I needed to reach somewhere, to show that Africa's not just about diseases, that in Africa you can become anything you want to be, as long as you have the will."

Eto'o also had a word on the development of the game in east Africa, a region starved of international success.

He challenged authorities in Uganda to invest in football schools and academies if the country is to become a continental powerhouse.

He said that although Cameroon's league is not the best in Africa, the secret behind their success both on the continent and globally is investment in young talent.

Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Mustay(m): 8:48am On Jun 27, 2008
I am tired of repeating the samt things here. Instead, I'll use quotes to reply you
Dr Kitaun:

@Mustay

who is the stan here that he is saying that Uduaghan is not footing most of the bills that has brought Intl stars here for JJ's testimonial match ?

eldee:

Now which dude were you talking about?

I made a point that Rio Ferdinand is more popular than the whole of the Super Eagles put together

And to contest my point, you put up a Nairaland link?

C'mon, this dude is the face of 'The Kick-Out Racism' campaign
Seriously . . . arguing on this topic is like saying Chelsea is greater than Arsenal grin grin

Who is fighting racism here? Where is the project being held? LAGOS OR WHERE?

How many kids know he is face of racism? What's their business with racism in Nigeria? wetin do tribalism?

I limited my search to Nairaland 'cos it's a forum for Nigerians and if these people can choose Kanu as a great man, it shows how he affects Nigerians! Please the program is for Nigerians!

The posts by Kitaun (who thins I 've directed the topic towards his personality) and other BRF advocates on this issue have so far not given any SENSIBLE reason to this issue. Instead, they resort to insults and other "are u this ignorant" comments to prove themselves right.

Until I see a proper reason, i won't comment here.

P.S: Kitaun please tell us where the Governor is allowed under the Budget to spend 'some' money undecided

RedHotChic:

Agree, Kanu is a darling. His heart foundation speaks for itself and to hell with those that compare him with Rio. What charitable work has Rio done outside England? If you must compare Kanu with someone, it should be Bono.

And who's talking about attracting investors? How many has Rio attracted for you? You better fix your country, improve on power and security inorder to attract investors.

good talk

Moreover the votes on the poll say it all
(maybe we are all ignoramuses too tongue)
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by joeycrack: 9:41am On Jun 27, 2008
nobilia:

If you get off that crack, we may understand you

@nobilia, we all know crack makes the world go round grin smiley

What I was a saying is that for the majority of It I think it was a waste bringing Rio. The only substantial arguement for bringing him is because of sponsors, lets face Rio can attract Investors. On the other hand, these sponsors may have bn onboard even without Rio.

I was not comparing Him to Rio, I was stating Y i think kanu bn Jealous is not a reason for his comments.

Abeg make una dey read person post well well,
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by marosky(m): 9:53am On Jun 27, 2008
don't be surprised if our Kids start smoking Indian hemp.Afterall they want Rio to be their role model.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by wormedup(m): 10:06am On Jun 27, 2008
someone should define fame please !
then we could start applying it to Kanu VS Rio .  grin

kitaun,
i can see u are willing to go down with ur bros and i won't hesitate to take u down alongside him ! tongue grin
anything wey ur bros do is right rat !
u must tell us where the budget made room for Fash to entertain whoever  o !!!

like loyika would say; "what do you expect from a scummie " !!

jarzinho,
keep reading over and over again !!

marosky,

nice dig !!!
i was just waiting for my FAME definition to come, before i head that way ! grin
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by marosky(m): 10:22am On Jun 27, 2008
Although i am not a Man U fan,I think they have some guys who will be of a better influence than RIO.Sorry if I sound bias.I would have prefered Ryan Giggs.A wonderful man of a great and clean record.They have Scholes,Neville,Van der Saar.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by tocdee(m): 2:35pm On Jun 27, 2008
For the love of Africa, who in the world is Rio Ferdinand but a crack addict in recession?? grin My grand-pop is called  'chief' because of what he did for his people. Rio?? He just came off hemp and BANG!! He's a chief. Then we're all chiefs here. Hell, If the gov'nor had to go for Manchester united, why didn't he just get Rooney or Tevez? They'll mix up pretty well with the street kids!! grin

Disclaimer- These comments were not originally intended to offend any nairalander BUT should they cause concerns, I offer no apologies. After all, Rio Ferdinand, Rooney and Tevez are not your uncles!
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jun 27, 2008
tocdee:

Disclaimer- These comments were not originally intended to offend any nairalander BUT should they cause concerns, I offer no apologies. After all, Rio Ferdinand, Rooney and Tevez are not your uncles!

What a Disclaimer!!! cheesy
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by marosky(m): 3:50pm On Jun 27, 2008
@ tocdee

you are saying the truth.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by tosinbobo1: 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2008
Hello All,

I'm really happy with all the opinions raised regarding this issue but kanu does not need to make a statement about the Lagos state govt wasting any money by bring rio to Lagos. The question we should be asking him (KANU) is it a waste for the Bayelsa govt when they invited all the African premiership players and gave them over $40,000 for the visit . No figures was mention in regards to rio and he is complaining. As for me, I think its act of jealousy because they no invite am. As for me he has no point to make. I will love to see kanu comig out to make this statement publicly rather that the press. Anyway, sometimes naija press they mis-quote sometimes cool
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by wormedup(m): 5:48pm On Jun 27, 2008
tosinbobo1:

Hello All,

I'm really happy with all the opinions raised regarding this issue but kanu does not need to make a statement about  the Lagos state govt wasting any money by bring rio to Lagos.  The question we should be asking him (KANU)  is it a waste for the Bayelsa govt when they invited all the African premiership players and gave them over $40,000 for the visit . No figures was mention in regards to rio and he is complaining. As for me, I think its act of jealousy because they no invite am. As for me he has no point to make. I will love to see kanu comig out to make this statement publicly rather that the press. Anyway, sometimes naija press they mis-quote sometimes cool

did you see anyone here stating support for the bayelsa state government's expenditures
just because someone else did it, does it make it right
maybe these kids should go ahead and do drugs; afterall Rio did it, so it can't be wrong !!!

jairzinho,

i just saw you modified.
point out the parts that's got you confused and i'd gladly clarify 'em !!

what's democracy ?
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by folahann(m): 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2008
If you read the post well, you will notice something very important

according to the first post, Kanu says he wasa suprised when he heard the amount used in bringing Rio

i can term this as "Kanu already knew Rio was in Naija and thought it was right"

but when the amount used by the govt. for this was disclosed to Kanu, he wondered and spoke out

God knows how much it costed, but i am not against Kanu nor Rio coming to Naija
Dr Kitaun:

I have always told u, when u see my post PLACE ME ON IGNORE MODE ! OLODO ! tongue cool

who told u that they were not hosted ? would CHELSEA FC have hosted themselves there > are u guys this dumb ?

geez ! some of u guys only spend all your time on the net hence u are not any exposed ! shocked

as you requested, i am placing you on ignore mood now

chelsea could not have hosted themselves in Ghana, right!

but they sponsored their own trip to Ghana and it was their initiative to come

they were not invited, they did it for Essien! get that right

God knows how much Fashola spent on that stuff
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by folahann(m): 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2008
Take a look at this again

But Kanu, unarguably, one of the most successful African players of our time, while assessing the idea of inviting Ferdinand for the event by the Governor Raji Fashola-led government, said the purported amount used in flying in the Manchester United player to Lagos was a colossal waste.

"The idea of Street Soccer is commendable I must confess, but what is the significance of inviting Rio Ferdinand for the event? Kanu queried.
"If you ask me, I would say the invitation was unnecessary. The huge amount I learnt that was used in bringing Ferdinand to Nigeria should have been channeled to more useful ventures.
"A lot of children in Nigeria are in the streets without food, shelter and proper education. That huge amount of money, lavished on the England player, should have been used to better the lives of such children
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by wormedup(m): 7:20pm On Jun 27, 2008
according to the polls, a lot of nairalanders are foolish ! or is it just a few

kitaun, where u cast ur vote eh ? grin grin tongue
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Omolulu(m): 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2008
there's no big deal if fashola brought Rio to Nigeria, if i understand the issue correctly, the issue centers around money.Looking at Fashola's background,one would have to believe that he had analyzed the cost before undertaking such a venture, with the large turnout of participants who came to watch Rio flag off the event,i dont think the initiative was a bad idea.
Kanu has a right to complain about the cost of Rio's visit to Nigeria,but such should be justified on facts,not surprise hear says.Irrespective of the cost,the initiative has generated lots of interest especially for those "boys" who never stop dreaming of Europe.
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by eldee(m): 8:34am On Jun 28, 2008
Mustay:

Who is fighting racism here? Where is the project being held? LAGOS OR WHERE?

How many kids know he is face of racism? What's their business with racism in Nigeria? wetin do tribalism?
Seriously, are you always like this or is 28th June your annual off-day?
We were talking about popularity and I mentioned him being a notable face in world football from the Anti-racism campaign to Ben Sherman
And you're here talking about racism in Nigeria. . .

Mustay:

Until I see a proper reason, i won't comment here.
So tell me what other reason do you want than;
Rio, after starting up an academy in Uganda, was looking to set one up somewhere else
This happened to coincide with the period when a 'Street-football' project was being set-up in Nigeria

Govenor Fashola, with his intelligent advisers sat down to think of what to do to make the project attractive to the private sector for sponsorship
Decided to invite and bring Rio to Nigeria, the same way Kanu would have been paid for if he was being invited to Sudan to start a project

As they say where I come from 'It's half a word that'll convey the message to a smart kid' You've sure needed more than that . . .

tocdee:

Hell, If the gov'nor had to go for Manchester united, why didn't he just get Rooney or Tevez?
Left to me, I'll ask for Beckham too, anything that'll bring more investors
I think Rio just happened to be the one that clicked on time

u must tell us where the budget made room for Fash to entertain whoever  o !!!
The same part of the budget that allowed Obasanjo to host (CHOGM with all the millions) for a dead, powerless Commonwealth
The BMWs and Landrovers that were bought were later sold at prices as low as N800,000
Kanu didn't shout then . . . but this same Commonwealth was standing by when France was using influence to force Bakassi out of our hands.

Redhotchic: And who's talking about attracting investors? How many has Rio attracted for you? You better fix your country, improve on power and security inorder to attract investors.
Your own case is understandable, you know next to nothing bout football
You don't seem to understand that private sector participation is what will help projects like these stand the test of time and change of governments
When you start understanding that our women's league was inactive for years because of lack of investors, I'll start talking to you

"I want to help attract wealthy business [/b]people to put money in all these charities and schemes just to give these kids a chance."- [b]Rio Ferdinand

"With what I have seen, I can help build an academy [/b]here that will see the best of Nigerian talent realise their dreams of being a professional footballer.

[quote author=Folahan
but they sponsored their own trip to Ghana and it was their initiative to come
they were not invited, [b]they did it for Essien!  get that right
STFU!!! . . .You don't know how pathetic you sound
They were brought by a charity organisation called 'Right to Play'
'Right to Play' has a six-year patnership with Chelsea . . .

according to the polls, a lot of nairalanders are foolish
You said it yourself grin grin
Thank God, at least since I'm not allowed to insult cheesy
Re: Kanu Challenge Lagos Govt Over Rio Ferdinand's Visit To Nigeria by Mustay(m): 12:15pm On Jun 28, 2008
Did anyone see the MTN documentary on Rio's visit yesterday?

SO much for the tourism sad

Even Oba Rilwan Akiolu (Oba of Lagos) wore a Man u jersey on his royal seat Was his agbada dirty? Even if he wanted to show his manuness, must it be on the throne? shocked

" According to the narrator, Rio paid a visit to the Oba and he was awarded a chieftancy title . . ." (for what? shocked for winning the UCL? shocked) NA wa o!

So much for the street children that Rio had to cut short his trip. The event was more about manu than the street soccer project. MTN - e'where you go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dream Team VI Beats Honduras 3 -1. / Nigeria Vs Ghana - My Tactical Formation / Nigeria Vs Ghana (3 - 1) On Saturday 25th June @ 4pm (All Africa Games 2011 Qualifier)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.