Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,202 members, 7,963,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:21 PM

Building Materials - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Materials (1300 Views)

Alternative Building Materials: Plasterboards/gypsium Boards For Wall Panelling / Building Materials: Security Doors,marble/ceramic Tiles,pop Ceiling,plywood / Cost Of Building Materials In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Materials by Twy: 6:37pm On Jun 24, 2008
Not sure whether this is the right place but I need advice on building materials. I am interested in sliding doors and suspended ceilings. Any advice on both types of products would be helpful.
Re: Building Materials by thirdeye(m): 11:44pm On Jun 24, 2008
Are you planning to start selling them, installing or you want to use them for your house?
If you are thinking of business, I think you are in a good one, for sliding doors, i guess you are talking about aluminium stuff, you need to learn how to install them from tradesmen outside, and some combines it with roof installations, as a big guy you can actually go fully into various aluminium products. Some banks cashier cubicles are made of aluminium so there is no shortage of jobs. Suspended ceilling? I am beginning to feel you must have been seeing a lot of construction sites using it, which shows there is a big market also. I think is faster to learn how to install suspended ceillings and make money quickly.
And if you are thinking of just selling, you will still do well but you have to do a lot of footwork, go to ongoing sites, introduce your products.

A good website is  www.askthebuilder.com

Also read my article      http://www.buildingcontractorsecrets.com/2007/09/artesans-in-building-construction.html#links
Re: Building Materials by Twy: 12:48am On Jun 25, 2008
Thanks thirdeye. I read your article and very well written. It is through artisans that I am interested in the building materials market. However, the suspended ceiling market is too confusing and I have to wade through many measures trying to figure out that POP ceiling means plater of paris ceiling, I mean who would have taught pop can also be used for ceilings. However, are you aware of what they call DANO suspended ceiling? I have no idea. I am trying to purchase it but due to logistics, it is quite hard. ( I am currently away from Nigeria).

If you know have further advice on the market feel free to mention it.
Re: Building Materials by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 25, 2008
@ TWY

We are Importers of:-

Ceramic wall and floor tiles
Vitrified wall and floor tiles
Pre-moulded fibre pools
Suspended ceiling
Pop ceiling
Plaster Board

STONIO NIGERIA LIMITED
29 Olanrewaju street, off Oregun Road, opposite Synergy Place(UK VISA BUILDING), Ikeja.Lagos

we also transport to any part of the country.

Please contact Mr Evans on 01-8787346 or 08033107875
ev_space@yahoo.com
Re: Building Materials by thirdeye(m): 5:32pm On Jun 25, 2008
The common one used is acoustic suspended mineral fiber ceilling. I will find out more about Dano.

(1) (Reply)

Land For Sale In Ph / Shops For Sale@ Laplage Business District Victoria Island Lagos / 3 Bdroom Flat For Rent-lekki Phase 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.