Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,087 members, 7,960,450 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 08:56 PM

INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni (43755 Views)

Aguyi Ironsi, Ojukwu As Young Soldiers (Throwback Photo) / See How Aguiyi Ironsi Was Murdered In Cold Blood. (viewers Discretion Advised). / Video Footage Of Aguiyi-ironsi, Nzeogwu, Sardauna’s House, Katsina…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:07am On Oct 01, 2013
Mafia Man: Just watch and tell if there is any Nigerian that can mirror similar heroic welcoming in US, than this man murdered in cold blood by the ibo power thirsty animals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT5m9Fn9RBg

What heroic welcoming.what were his achievements? may be this heroic welcoming might explain why yoruba race(awolowo) tried to usurp his government.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:09am On Oct 01, 2013
Mafia Man: Watch the man that murdered Sardauna in cold blood granting interview like a celebrity, describing how he killed him. Notice how he said Ironsi was his boss.

This is a coup plotter that ought to have been executed by firing squad, granting interviews like a celebrity. They killed every other person that is not ibo with precision and somehow, somehow all the ibo corrupt politicians were either extending their stay oversea for no reason or nowhere to be found.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1mayOG3WsQ

From the above video and from the horse's mouth, you hear him saying they went after sardauna, searching from room to room, after blowing up his main building, shot him in the presence of his family.

Why then are the idiots arguing here giving useless excuses why Michael Okpara was not killed? Because ibos are special breeds and were actually created by God to dominate and rule others?

Hear him saying "Ironsi is my boss", and some fools here will want us to believe that ironsi wasn't part of the bigger pictures?

clearly, this was an ibo coup, executed to put ibos on others since the zik alliance with north wasn't working.

Ranting of a man grasping at the air, dude you are not making any sense.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by naijaking1: 4:13am On Oct 01, 2013
Katsumoto:

First, Ndigbo did not gather together to decide on the coup but the beneficiaries of the coup were indeed Igbo. Ironsi became head of state, Ironsi's advisory council was 100% Igbo, 76% of promotions in the army officer corp went to Igbo. The civil service jobs that opened up in the North as a result of Ironsi unifying the civil service (decree 34) and cancelling the requirement for Hausa tests in the North were to be filled by the senior civil servants that Ojukwu announced would be exported from Enugu to Kaduna and Lagos.

Second, Ironsi was the most senior army officer, he wasn't killed but all those killed were his juniors. Bello and Akintola were killed, Okpara who wasn't a saint was not killed. The revenge coup of July 1966 was an ethnic coup and it succeeded so ethnic coups succeed. The January coup was also ethnic and it succeeded in changing the balance of power.

Third, First coup was Igbo executed, the second coup was Northern executed

Oga Kats, please answer the question about linking every action taken by someone or some people to EVERY member of his or trib. You have successfully tried to dodge this simple question for quite a while. Is it proper to massacre Igbos because some Igbos planned a coup, killed some defenseless civilians, even celebrated the death of some others, the list of purported Igbo wrong doings are many, but the simple question is 'was it correct to go after every identifieable Igbo, just because of what other Igbos did? I'm not taking about those Igbos who were directly or even indirectly involved, I mean every man, woman, child, that looks, spoke, and acted Igbo? You should simply answer this question, because it will help us understand your colored lenses.
From the Biblical times, to Rwanda, to the civil rights era, this issue has been addressed over and over again. The modern agreement is that people should be judged by the contents of their character, not the color of their skin, or their tribe. Where do you stand Katsumoto

Katsumoto:

If anyone engages in propaganda on NL, it is you. Just check the number of threads you have opened compared with mine.

If you state something that is inaccurate then I am at liberty to point it out if I have reason to.

Even if I agreed that I was ethnic in thinking, it is much better than those whose thought is always about money. Someone who is ethnic in outlook at least has a love for others while those who love money like you sell their souls to the devil for selfish reasons.
[quote author=Katsumoto]

Another tribalistic parody! Igbos are not the only ones that love money, need money, and use money to survive. Have you not seen many Yorubas working day and night just to make money? Why do you stigmatize Igbos with this loving money to sell their soul? Sir, that is the definition of BIGOTRY.
So disappointed that an otherwise erudite persona like you would descend so low to make an argument based on rhetorics, not facts; just because tribe is involved.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:15am On Oct 01, 2013
Mafia Man: Was Sir.Abubakar Tafawa Balewa ever corrupt as branded by the ibo power thirsty animals? This was the man that died without a single house! A man that left behind few shirts(Hausa Attire), Single world receiver radio. A man that died without a single bank account!

Yet, the ibo POWER thirsty goons murdered him in cold blood.

^^^^
See simplicity to the core!

Being a government official is no excuse for his lack of material wealth, it's his laziness and lack of enterpreneur drive that made him poor with no bank account as you claimed, his legacy is backwardness which can be seen in the north today,he was simply bereft of ideas and not fit to lead a country,in saner climes, men like him have no business being in government.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by naijaking1: 4:19am On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

Being a government official is no excuse for his lack of material wealth, it's his laziness and lack of enterpreneur drive that made him poor with no bank account as you claimed, his legacy is backwardness which can be seen in the north today,he was simply bereft of ideas and not fit to lead a country,in saner climes, men like him have no business being in government.

I agree that the man was incompetent, but there was no need to kill him and make him a hero.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pcicero(m): 4:31am On Oct 01, 2013
naijaking1:

I agree that the man was incompetent, but there was no need to kill him and make him a hero.

It was this same incompetent man and his party that your people could align with during the first republic.
Perhaps, the intention was to subjugate them politically and when that failed, they had to be killed.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by naijaking1: 4:35am On Oct 01, 2013
pcicero:

It was this same incompetent man and his party that your people could align with during the first republic.
Perhaps, the intention was to subjugate them politically and when that failed, they had to be killed.

You notice that you're not in the cadre of people I exchange comments here. Move on. You will get no more attention.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by remarkD(m): 4:38am On Oct 01, 2013
Bia, this oily head skunk, go to the kids section and let mature minds talk, keep and eat your presidency of a fallen country to yourself... we've seen how Obj's 8 years improved your standard of living and your IGR and GDP so high, yet your uncle and his family still can't afford beans for 550 naira.

Go and chop (oily beans) belle full first before making another comment on here... ewu gambia.

Orlando Owoh: They are now paying for their selfishness and greed: none of them will rule this country. They know this hence their always queuing and shifting the goal post of when they will produce the president: from 2015 to 2019. Waiting without an end. Una never see anything. They have resorted to be backing Ijaw, an ethnic group they suppressed in the defunct Eastern Region, which they are counting on to have over power to them in 2019, as if the Presidency is a rellay race baton.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:40am On Oct 01, 2013
[/quote]

Yorubas are power thirsty people,the history of naija is littered with facts to support this notion.

1, The yorubas through their leader awo sought to deceive both zik and saraduna, by weighing out the two regions,and deciding which side that will gurantee them easier acess to power,a gamble that backfired thanks to zik's foresight,and left awo and yorubas with no power.

2. The yorubas through awo were the first group in the annals of naija history to try to grap the central power,when awo planned to usurp balewa,was caught,tried by a court of justice, found guilty of treason and rightfully jailed like a thief he was.

3.Yoruba thirst for power saw awo accept to play second fiddle to gowon,with promise of presidency in the future.

4. Yoruba thirst for power made them to attempt to usurp the central govt for a record second time, their plan failed again,their kingpin awo was caught and forced to go to exile or go to prison by IBB,awo took his life.

5. Yoruba through obasanjo agreed on a single tenure with the north and atiku,but their thirst for power made them to renege on that agreement.

6. The yorubas through obasanjo equally sought to change the constitution of this country just to hold unto power,as we saw obj try to force his third term agenda down the throat of nigerians, a hallmark of yoruba power grab.

7. Currently,we have the yorubas trying so hard to return to power,even if only as a vp to the north,we see them challenging the federal govt again,and its only a matter of time before this power grabing group commits treason again for a record third time.

pazienza:

Power grab, he obviously wanted to stay close enough to the central government,to enable him grab the central power, after observing things for sometime, he and the yoruba race felt they had gathered enuough information,and in their follydecided to launch another power grab mission, but they failed for the second time,and again,their kingpin was captured , and was forced to go on exile,or prison, realising that he his yoruba race had failed at same huddle for a second time,shame and ignominy overwhelmed him,and he took his own life. There you have, yoruba power grab disected and explained.

So, here you have it. Once one has a pre conceived notion,no matter how false it might be, interpreting and bending historical events using conjectures and dishonesty to suit and support this pre conceived notion is not a difficult task,as i had presented this forum with my case of yoruba power grab.

I would like any yoruba in this forum to prove to me that yorubas have not be at power grabing game, right from the days of their kingpin awo,to this day under yet another kingpin tinubu,who once again has under APC cast his power grabing eyes on GEJ central power, even if it means sharing this power as a junior partner with the north. *grins*

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by remarkD(m): 4:42am On Oct 01, 2013
chei! noting ey we no go see for this one Nigeria!
hingw
Orlando Owoh:
Is it not stupìdity and a slap on your old age that you cannot refute what I have said but resorted to name - calling. Shame on you. Age is a mere appendage of number. You are not mature. Agadi nwoke ne gi amu ya na gba egwuregwu. Na me and you for this forum.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pcicero(m): 4:44am On Oct 01, 2013
naijaking1:

You notice that you're not in the cadre of people I exchange comments here. Move on. You will get no more attention.

I've"notice" that too. grin
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:48am On Oct 01, 2013
pcicero:

No,it was yoruba treachery as represented by awo that pushed zik towards balewa, yoruba left zik no choice. Blame yorubas.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 4:50am On Oct 01, 2013
naijaking1:

I don't justify the killing of any human being,i was just pointing out why he was a poor man.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by remarkD(m): 5:06am On Oct 01, 2013
My brother, you have a better chance building a castle in the air that getting the people you are trying to advise be able to see and hold individuals responsible for their actions, as opposed to the culprits ethnic group...

Its not more than 24 hours ago that I posted on another thread how some will look at a group of people and see "Nigerians with varying skills," while another will se "2 hausas, 3 Efiks and so on"

Sincere 9gerian:
I know you'r ready for an endless debate and determined force your narrative/propaganda down our throat. But I am not ready for such.

Let me make this LAST POINT. My message is simple- let us separate INDIVIDUALS from their TRIBE. Ifeajuna and Okafor were Igbos but they were not synonymous with Igbo. So also Chief Awo was not synonymous with yoruba. People should be held responsible for their actions or inactions.

Perhaps, if the first coup had succeeded we would have known the true intentions of the key players. But it didn't succeed. The rest is history and speculations. But INDIVIDUALS until start taking responsibility for their actions or inactions, we will not see the desired progress.

The line of thought of people like you (seeking ETHNIC undertone to any issue) is what has held this country down for decades.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by ACM10: 5:41am On Oct 01, 2013
naijaking1:

Oga Kats, please answer the question about linking every action taken by someone or some people to EVERY member of his or trib. You have successfully tried to dodge this simple question for quite a while. Is it proper to massacre Igbos because some Igbos planned a coup, killed some defenseless civilians, even celebrated the death of some others, the list of purported Igbo wrong doings are many, but the simple question is 'was it correct to go after every identifieable Igbo, just because of what other Igbos did? I'm not taking about those Igbos who were directly or even indirectly involved, I mean every man, woman, child, that looks, spoke, and acted Igbo? You should simply answer this question, because it will help us understand your colored lenses.
From the Biblical times, to Rwanda, to the civil rights era, this issue has been addressed over and over again. The modern agreement is that people should be judged by the contents of their character, not the color of their skin, or their tribe. Where do you stand Katsumoto

Katsumoto is a hardcore bigot. He is never objective, can never be objective and will never be objective. It's only few of you that still have respect for him. Even his fellow Yorubas are not fooled.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by MafiaMan: 7:00am On Oct 01, 2013
ACM10:

Katsumoto is a hardcore bigot. He is never objective, can never be objective and will never be objective. It's only few of you that still have respect for him. Even his fellow Yorubas are not fooled.

What nonsense? Yes, you are right. The Yorubas are not fooled by your spinning and revisions.

You know about Decree 34, right? IBOS greed put us into this mess. All regions were competing with each, the north had the groundnut pyramids; southwest was dealing in cocoa before the greedy ibo came in to the scene to abolished regional system of governance concerning power for their benefits.

Just like Awolowo, Femi Kayode, Fashola, and others; Kats does not need your approval and the fact that you are not happy with him shows he is actually doing well cos we all know the ibos can only like you when you allow them to roughshod you.

8 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by MafiaMan: 7:05am On Oct 01, 2013
pcicero:

Stop responding to those blind maggots.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by nku5: 7:09am On Oct 01, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
Not only that, Igbo people printed two pictures on T-shirts, making caricature of those killed on January 15 1966 which they even sold in Northern Region. On one of the T-shirts, Ladoke Akintola and Ahmadu Bello were seen being prevented from entering Heaven by an angel who claimed the place was not meant for riggers. On the other one, some other politicians' corpses were lying on the floor while a cork, the symbol of NCNC, was standing on their chests.
Igbo people caused the present state of Nigeria, where there is distrust, enmity, and so on because of their selfishness. That is why, to be honest, I am indifferent on whatever evil that is befalling them. If you sow to the wind, expect to reap the whirlwind. Ife onye metaru.

I don't want to call you a liar. Just substantiate these things you have described in such rich detail. Any account, book excerpt, anything with substance will be appreciated. All this sort of beer parlour talk is what led to the deaths of thousands of innocent people. I remember when a yoruba poster a while ago printed a page, put in a bread wrapper and posted a picture of it on NL to claim that it was printed by igbos in 1966 to celebrate the coup. Such raving idiocy was seen a few months ago when you had some yoruba ppl echoing that igbos declared lagos no mans land when NOBODY can actually say who said it or when it was said. Pathetic and sheep like behaviour feom ppl who are supposed to be sophisticated.

Post anything to corroborate what you have posted above unless you made it up or regurgitated what you heard in a tombo bar
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by warrior01: 7:54am On Oct 01, 2013
Katsumoto:

First, Ndigbo did not gather together to decide on the coup but the beneficiaries of the coup were indeed Igbo. Ironsi became head of state, Ironsi's advisory council was 100% Igbo, 76% of promotions in the army officer corp went to Igbo. The civil service jobs that opened up in the North as a result of Ironsi unifying the civil service (decree 34) and cancelling the requirement for Hausa tests in the North were to be filled by the senior civil servants that Ojukwu announced would be exported from Enugu to Kaduna and Lagos.

Second, Ironsi was the most senior army officer, he wasn't killed but all those killed were his juniors. Bello and Akintola were killed, Okpara who wasn't a saint was not killed. The revenge coup of July 1966 was an ethnic coup and it succeeded so ethnic coups succeed. The January coup was also ethnic and it succeeded in changing the balance of power.

Pls, was it not the same Ironsi ( an Igbo) that foiled the coup in Lagos?
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by remarkD(m): 8:10am On Oct 01, 2013
That they feel they have to go so low and lie makes me wonder why. Whythe desperation to, not only make such allegations, but start spreading it even in newspapers... and now on online social media.

The only guess I can make is fear; fear of intimidation and fear of the unknown coming from the Igbos... so making sure that the Igbos feel and even successfully subjugated, they won't have to worry about competition, whether it be for power, development, the economy etc...

(You can see how one of the oafs on this thread - from nowhere - brought in one of their favorite songs of 'Igbos can and will never be president' where the topic is about a coup decades ago. So you see the crab mentality syndrome where they do not want others to step up to the plate and would rather stay in the mess we call a country together.

But you see, all the noise they make online, all the policies they've used right back from the days of Awolowo up to date, all the propaganda they've been spreading to seem as the "good guys" and others/Igbos as the "bad guys" has not made or left them any better than any other region in Nigeria.

As far as I know, the Igbos of today kno better, those whom are friends/partner/brother and those whom are covettting their property across Nigeria.
nku5:

I don't want to call you a liar. Just substantiate these things you have described in such rich detail. Any account, book excerpt, anything with substance will be appreciated. All this sort of beer parlour talk is what led to the deaths of thousands of innocent people. I remember when a yoruba poster a while ago printed a page, put in a bread wrapper and posted a picture of it on NL to claim that it was printed by igbos in 1966 to celebrate the coup. Such raving idiocy was seen a few months ago when you had some yoruba ppl echoing that igbos declared lagos no mans land when NOBODY can actually say who said it or when it was said. Pathetic and sheep like behaviour feom ppl who are supposed to be sophisticated.

Post anything to corroborate what you have posted above unless you made it up or regurgitated what you heard in a tombo bar

4 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:30am On Oct 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I have taken the pains to go through most of the comments on this thread. Unfortunately, what I see on this thread is the very PROBLEM that has kept Nigeria down since Independence. This PROBLEM appears to be intractable.

The first question that comes to mind after going through this thread is ,notwithstanding the INTENTIONS of the key figures that executed the first coup, why cant we separate the actions of INDIVIDUALS from their TRIBE? Why cant INDIVIDUALS take the blame for their actions or inactions? Why must the actions of a few high ranking solders be blamed on millions of people (a whole ethnic group)? If Nzeogwu was a nationalist, does that make all Igbos nationalists? If Ifeajuna and Okafor were tribalists and had a different personal or evil agenda, how does that concern a whole ethnic group? How does the actions of Ademoyega in that coup concern the yoruba ethnic group?

Some elements on this thread (who are the same bandits that call themselves "progressives" from the southwest) seems DETERMINED to force it down our throats that the first military coup was "Igbo coup". Can these elements tell us where Igbos gathered and decided to stage an "Igbo coup" or "grab power"?

This same pattern of argument was seen during the "There Was Country" controversy. The book criticised Late Chief Awolowo and suddenly that criticism directed at an INDIVIDUAL was turned to an attack on an ethnic group.

I ask again, why cant we in Nigeria criticise INDIVIDUALS for their actions or inactions? Why cant we criticise Chief Awo for his actions or inactions without it being turned to an attack on the yorubas? Why cant we criticise Ifeajuna and Okafor for their actions in the 1966 coup instead of heaping their individual mis-steps/ misdeed/error of judgement/power grab on a whole ethnic group? Why cant we criticise the current president of Nigeria without criticising his ethnic group?

I'm not an advocate of military rule, whether today or yesterday. But we must put the facts on the table. The analysis of any coup MUST take into account the positions of those in authority at that time. Coups are planned to be SUCCESSFUL and any consideration of ETHNIC BALANCING is secondary. If the coup of Jan 1966 had to be successful, those who constituted stumbling blocks, irrespective of their tribe, would have to be arrested or killed. People were marked to be killed or arrested based on their POSITIONS and not based on ethnic group. During a coup, key targets are killed OR arrested based on the circumstance (ie whether they resist arrest or not,etc) and NOT based on ethnic group. I doubt if any coup that puts ethnic balancing as its top priority will succeed.

And from that first coup till date, we've also seen a number of successful and unsuccessful coups. So why must the first coup unsuccessful coup be blamed on an ethnic group unlike the subsequent ones?

Assuming we even consider the first coup and counter-coup as power play by the elites (which was what it was anyway), how do we explain the pogrom? How do we explain the killing of over 50,000 easterners in a pogrom? Where those 50,000 people contacted by Ifeajuna and Okafor before the coup?

And when supposedly enlightened people ractionalise the killing of 50,000 people in a pogrom, 2 million people in a needless civil war and recently, the deportation of Nigerians in their own fatherland, then one begins to understand why OBJ ruled Nigeria for 8 solid years without ANY legacy in the southeast.

May God bless Nigeria!
You don't stop showing how insincere you are. Your claim of being a sincere Nigeria as your moniker suggests put in doubt if you really are when we consider how you favour one ethnic group over the other. You irritate me. It sucks to be you.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 8:40am On Oct 01, 2013
Katsumoto:

The unification of the Nation's civil service by J. T. U. Aguiyi-Ironsi through Francis Nwokedi opened the door for Chinua Achebe himself. Before this time Achebe was in the Broadscating Service of the Eastern Region but later moved to Nigeria Broadcasting Service, Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 9:03am On Oct 01, 2013
nku5:

You know that katz is yet to admit that he is yoruba, right? He is more yoruba than awo,yet he would lie about it,doesn't that tell you something about his personality?

Well,i am afraid you are expecting katz to give what he doesn't have, the sooner you realise this,the better for you.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:04am On Oct 01, 2013
remark D: Bia, this oily head skunk, go to the kids section and let mature minds talk, keep and eat your presidency of a fallen country to yourself... we've seen how Obj's 8 years improved your standard of living and your IGR and GDP so high, yet your uncle and his family still can't afford beans for 550 naira.

Go and chop (oily beans) belle full first before making another comment on here... ewu gambia.

I assure you of three things:
1. You will not get your Biafra.
2. You will remain a slave in Nigeria because those that are politically sophisticated won't allow you to produce the president.
3. You will continue to do your business outside Alaigbo with your host community dictating for you.

3 Likes

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by softwareman(m): 9:08am On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

No,it was yoruba treachery as represented by awo that pushed zik towards balewa, yoruba left zik no choice. Blame yorubas.
And it was also awo treachery that led him to ally with shagari's NPN in 1979?

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:12am On Oct 01, 2013
nku5:

You asked me to get proof to back my claim, while I'm yet to, you jumped into conclusion. I will leave to do it yourself.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 9:13am On Oct 01, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
The unification of the Nation's civil service by J. T. U. Aguiyi-Ironsi through Francis Nwokedi opened the door for Chinua Achebe himself. Before this time Achebe was in the Broadscating Service of the Eastern Region but later moved to Nigeria Broadcasting Service, Lagos.

Was there any man in nigeria better than Achebe for that job,at that point in time? You see how you people killed nigeria post 1970, enthroning mediocres to manage the country,when you have better hands,all in the name of igbophobia.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by pazienza(m): 9:27am On Oct 01, 2013
software man:
And it was also awo treachery that led him to ally with shagari's NPN in 1979?

Power grab, he obviously wanted to stay close enough to the central government,to enable him grab the central power, after observing things for sometime, he and the yoruba race felt they had gathered enough information,and in their follydecided to launch another power grab mission, but they failed for the second time,and again,their kingpin was captured , and was forced to go on exile,or prison, realising that he his yoruba race had failed at same huddle for a second time,shame and ignominy overwhelmed him,and he took his own life. There you have, yoruba power grab disected and explained.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:30am On Oct 01, 2013
pazienza:

Was there any man in nigeria better than Achebe for that job,at that point in time? You see how you people killed nigeria post 1970, enthroning mediocres to manage the country,when you better hands,all in the name of igbophobia.
Who was Chinua Achebe? Rubbish. Let me, for the benefit of your foölishness, agree that mediocres got to the civil service in post 1970; what is the state of the civil service in the South West? Sacking a competent indigene of Imo State in Abia State Civil Service by T. A. Orji and employing mediocres of Abia State?
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by Ngwakwe: 9:30am On Oct 01, 2013
You are seriously having nightmare on the issue of Igbo re-awakening and surge in political relevance in this republic.

Change is constant, learn to accept it and adjust.

Igbos are not seeking the downfall of any tribe rather a credible census as a base for sharing our common patrimony in case resource control fails. The second is creating the equivalence of Federal Capital Territory infrastructures by the Federal Government in the East to discourage our youths from migrating to other regions in search of better life because the ruins from the civil war is yet to be reconstructed and fixed.

Orlando Owoh:
I assure you of three things:
1. You will not get your Biafra.
2. You will remain a slave in Nigeria because those that are politically sophisticated won't allow you to produce the president.
3. You will continue to do your business outside Alaigbo with your host community dictating for you.
Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:34am On Oct 01, 2013
Where is Deridegull, nursing the wound he sustained last night from informed minds, I guess? He and I know better.

1 Like

Re: INTERVIEW: Why We Killed Ironsi And Installed Gowon — Rtd Gen. Jeremiah Useni by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2013
Ngwakwe: You are seriously having nightmare on the issue of Igbo re-awakening and surge in political relevance in this republic.

Change is constant, learn to accept it and adjust.

Igbos are not seeking the downfall of any tribe rather a credible census as a base for sharing our common patrimony in case resource control fails. The second is creating the equivalence of Federal Capital Territory infrastructures by the Federal Government in the East to discourage our youths from migrating to other regions in search of better life because the ruins from the civil war is yet to be reconstructed and fixed.

Nobody is afraid of you. God will help you, and the FG will turn your gully ravaged, kidnapping and armed robbery den in the SE to a new FCT, you will do business in the place in peace because Osisikankwu is no more.
Chung hu shing kung hung, I laugh in Chinese.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (26) (Reply)

Senate Rejects Buhari's Ambassadorial List / Caption This Photo Of President Buhari With Ezekwesili & A Little Girl / Xenophobia: FG Gives Loan, 9GB Data, N40,000 Airtime To South African Returnees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.