Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,094 members, 7,960,492 topics. Date: Friday, 27 September 2024 at 10:31 PM

Please Advise! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Advise! (534 Views)

Guys What Would You Do? Please Advise / Please Advise, My Girlfriend Refused To Accept My BBM Request / Beautiful, Caring & Intelligent But Cant Cook - Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advise! by EEgbogah: 5:14am On Oct 08, 2013
I created a new ID to avoid mockery. I've been dating a Ghanaian lady here in Australia for the past three years. She's good, loyal, caring, lovely, smart and all that.. She loves me like mad. When we started dating, I made it known to her that I do not love and do not want to because of my past experiences, more so, that I wouldn't commit before I finish my PhD program. She didn't say anything and instead kept coming closer to me.

I' m the only son of my parents and extremely close to them. In fact, since birth, they've always given me everything I asked for.They've repeatedly said marying from my tribe is the only thing they want from me, and the only thing that would make them happy. Some people would be like why don't you talk to your parents? Believe me, I've been doing that since God knows when.

Herein lies the problem, I love this girl, sure! But I wouldnt want to displease my parents. I've finally decided I'm gonna leave her, but how do I do it without hurting her so much. Last sunday, she cooked, cleaned and bought gifts for me, and remember I've already told her to stop all that. I felt terrible as I was eating this food all because I'd be leaving her. I deeply feel for her, of course.. I'm human too!

The question is how do I leave this lady without causing her unnecessary pain? Has anyone been in this awkward situation before?
Your suggestions are really needed!
Re: Please Advise! by bigtt76(f): 5:22am On Oct 08, 2013
Why don't you just marry the one you love and who loves you? You've not seen the tribal girl your parents are dreaming of for you have you? Gone are those days man ...follow your dream and not anyone else's. Your parents are not the ones to live your whole live with the girl the dream for you rather its just you and the lady!

On the other hand, be sure the Ghanaian lady is serious and for real (though I know most of them are) so think twice before making your decision and not follow decisions made for you ...its called being your own man and not disobedience!
Re: Please Advise! by Mynd44: 5:26am On Oct 08, 2013
So you are going to allow some rule your parents made affect who you marry? I wonder if you are the one getting married or your folks.

Well a lot of people attach importance to tribe, race etc when considering a spouse. Do as you wish.

How to leave her? Call her, sit her down and tell her
Re: Please Advise! by WackyJ1(m): 5:56am On Oct 08, 2013
[size=16pt]OP LEAVE THIS GIRL AND I WILL COME OVER THERE AND STAB YOU[/size]

Stalker INC.
Re: Please Advise! by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 08, 2013
Mynd_44: So you are going to allow some rule your parents made affect who you marry? I wonder if you are the one getting married or your folks.

Well a lot of people attach importance to tribe, race etc when considering a spouse. Do as you wish.

How to leave her? Call her, sit her down and tell her
Word!!!
Re: Please Advise! by AdeniyiA(m): 6:23am On Oct 08, 2013
you might be someone who doesn't like visiting home (ur town or village), so to make sure u do not forget home totally, they wished u marry one of the tribe's ladies .
As human beings we tend to fall in love with people close and around us, so I advice u to come home & spend sometimes, who knows u may find someone u love n is loved by ur parents .
sometimes the wishes of our parents -the caring ones, can not just be waved aside because of love which is NOT THE ONLY REQUIREMENT for marriage.
we need their blessings.
You can't be 100% certain that she'd continue with her present caring n loving attitudes, she might just be desperate to get u hooked n tied down even with pregnancy!
Re: Please Advise! by Exponental(m): 6:38am On Oct 08, 2013
Quote this post: When u marry someone from ur tribe, someone who doesnt truly loves u, but pretends to, then, U ARE FINISHED COMPLETELY.
Re: Please Advise! by thorpido(m): 6:59am On Oct 08, 2013
It's better you marry someone you love and who loves you.

If you just want someone from your tribe,you might end up with a loveless marriage.
Re: Please Advise! by mascot87(m): 7:13am On Oct 08, 2013
I find the comments above me hilarious,do you people think that the op loves the girl? sorry, he doesn't.If he truly loves the girl, he will marry her no matter the opposing forces.Not even the parent would stop him.Common,we all know how it feels to be in true love except we are deceiving ourselves and except you haven't experienced one before.The op knows that if he resolves to marry the lady, it will surely be though as he said the parents may not be happy but eventually they get over it and accept that it's God's wish and it's inevitable.He doesn't love the girl seriously,if you do, prove that and marry the lady and see how much your parents would approve of the union when they see a convincing true love in action.

(1) (Reply)

Lust And Love / Would You Honor An Invitation From An Ex, To Be Present On His/ Her Wedding Day? / Seeking For A True Love .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.