Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,612 members, 7,888,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 07:12 PM

- Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / (2252 Views)

How Did You Spend Thanksgiving? / Thanksgiving Service After U-17 World Cup In The Church? / Happy Gobble Gobble (Thanksgiving) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 08, 2013

6 Likes

Re: by swagqueen(f): 7:52am On Oct 08, 2013
I thank God for you,for me,for all of us.

May His grace be sufficient for all of us IJN. Amen.
Re: by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: by eagleeye2: 8:06am On Oct 08, 2013
Staying six feet above the ground is reason enough to say "Thank You Father, for Your Goodness and Mercies Endureth Forever."
Re: by ryom(m): 8:12am On Oct 08, 2013
@chaircover- thank God for you. BTW, I thought you were in the US.
Re: by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: by bellong: 8:15am On Oct 08, 2013
Something I have learnt albeit a bitter lesson is to always give thanks no matter the condition...

"Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labour of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no

meat; the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no herd in the stalls: Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation."
Re: by Nobody: 8:18am On Oct 08, 2013
Re: by sholay2011(m): 8:38am On Oct 08, 2013
@CC...Thank God for you. And may His guidance not depart from us.

I also thank God for my parents and siblings that he has kept us till this day. Not by power or might, not by works but grace; Baba God, you are too much. cool
Re: by Odunharry(m): 8:50am On Oct 08, 2013
Thank u God 4 keeping us..
Re: by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 08, 2013
My dear chaircover that is life for you o.thats the ups and downs of life.onikaluku pelu tie.one moment,its all rosy,beautiful and everything goes out as planned,you wish the moment never ends,the next moment,its stressful and turbulent.just like mood,character and weather changes,thats how life circumstances changes but the good thing about all this is that in everything,it teaches us something and it is temporal.thats what philosophers call the emphemerality of life.everyone with their day to day challenges.infact as i am typing this,i have been down with malaria, for some time now but oga doesnt want to understand.all he is intrested in is that i must finish the work he gave me before the muslim break.so i had to go to the nearest clinic to recommend drugs for myself because if i go the office clinic,.they will use forever to bring out my file and then i will have to wait for my turn.i dont have such luxury of time,so i have to do self medication even though its not too good.the worst thing is that i stay alone and so there is no one to cook for me and i dont really have the strength to cook,so i went to buy about 4 packs of rice and keep in the fridge.while still feeling body pains and naeseau ,i was forcing myself to type and make corrections in the work because i have to finish it.i will have given the secretary but he is too sloppy and careless with things and if theres mistake,its me oga will be insulting me so to avoid that i have to work
Re: by sholay2011(m): 9:13am On Oct 08, 2013
^^^^^ Awww. Takia oo...my fellow OAU alumnus smiley E ma fara le oh.

1 Like

Re: by greatgod2012(f): 10:47am On Oct 08, 2013
My sister, nothing do you, it just show that you are human, at one point or the other, the human nature in us shows up and we forget the goodness of God unintentionally. It happens to everyone.
However, each time I'm down, I have a particular quotation I have and say to myself to regain my consciousness and quickly return all glory to Him, the love and saviour of my life.
It is
"Let nothing disturb you, let nothing frighten you, everything passes away except God, God alone is sufficient"

Thanking God for His faithfulness over you and all of us and also, for God to forgive us for our ungratefulness and unfaithfulness, even when He is ever faithful to us.
Re: by pickabeau1: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2013
Thank God for mercies

we will see out this year by His grace and many more
Re: by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 08, 2013
chaircover:
I was reading through the "lost a loved one" thread here on the family section and was shocked at the number of untimely deaths due to autocrashes. it is so sad. Families left devastated and bereaved. I am not better or cleverer or stronger than any of these people and so this morning I thank God with all my heart.

Thank God for you CC . . .

That thread is an eye opener . . . .

I've been battling with an issue for a while now until I went through that thread page by page . . . I just realized how ungrateful I have been to stress over such a trivial matter. embarassed

Indeed everyday we have a big reason to say THANK YOU to him!
Re: by pickabeau1: 11:02am On Oct 08, 2013
Yes when you read what some people have gone through... i really see how ungrateful i am at times

Theres a lady who lost her fiance and im sure our society will call such outcasts becuase she is a single mum
Another lost his brother in painful circumstances..

May God help our faith
Re: by kreamidiva(f): 11:12am On Oct 08, 2013
I hear say u dey murmur, you dey complain and you dey grumble say you neva hammer, u no thank God ehn! U think say to see d 10th month of 2013 na moimoi? Boko Haram reach ur side? Abi U dey 4 Dana Crash? Aluu community pple catch u? U no hw many way die for 2012 and even Jan till nw? Ansa me naaa *...* God give u good health. Naija no good, Naija no good: u dey use bb, tecno, nokia200, ipad and laptop, If at all u neva get money to buy car Abi u don see where person wey dey coma for sick bed dey 2go or watsapps? Abi na blind man wan change DP? or comment for facebook, u still dey complain there? abi u don see where dead body dey do facebook and watsapps 4 coffin? You better Start thanking God now... if u read this message and U no re-post am that means you no dey appreciate God.. Oya send am to all ur contact. 10ks 2God oo!. Me don send my own ooo baba I dey LOYAL ooo..

3 Likes

Re: by greatgod2012(f): 9:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
Singing...........

T'emi o ba le dupe, a je pe'mi o moore 2x
opo egbe mi ti ku,
opo egbe mi ti lo,
opo lo wa l'ewon
opo l'onse fine bara kiri.
Temi o ba le dupe, a je pe'mi o moore.

Thanking God for His faithfulness, even, when im aint faithful to Him.
Re: by sholay2011(m): 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
^^^^^^ Lol. Nice one @.

*Starts dancing skelewu*

Baba mimo mimo mo wa sope o.....modupe (2x)
Ore to se laye mi o po....modupe (2x)

Mo dupe ore igba to ti bi mi....modupe
Lat'omo owo titi dakoko yi....modupe
Egberun ahon ko to yin o oh....modupe cheesy

*Continues dancing* grin grin
Re: by Gudintent: 11:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Thank God for His Grace over us.
Re: by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
sholay2011: ^^^^^ Awww. Takia oo...my fellow OAU alumnus smiley E ma fara le oh.
ose jare cheesy i am recuperating sha.thank God for everything though

1 Like

Re: by pickabeau1: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2013
kulyie: ose jare cheesy i am recuperating sha.thank God for everything though

take care did not know

it is well

1 Like

Re: by dont8(m): 8:16am On Oct 10, 2013
Truly, it is well with our souls.
Re: by igbonla(m): 10:07am On Oct 10, 2013
Re: by tuns10: 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2013
I thank God for my family and for the gift of life.
Baba I am very greatful. grin
Re: by tuns10: 9:10pm On Oct 10, 2013
I thank God for my family and for the gift of life.
Baba I am very grateful. grin
Re: by Mason331: 11:21am On Jan 15, 2020
They will utilize everlastingly to draw out my record and afterward I should hang tight for my turn.i dont have such extravagance of time, so I need to do self prescription despite the fact that its not very good. The most noticeably terrible thing is that I remain alone thus there is nobody to cook for me and I dont truly have the solidarity to cook, so I went to purchase around 4 packs of rice and keep in the fridge. While as yet feeling body torments and naeseau. Learn more.

(1) (Reply)

Mother And Son (what Is Wrong About This Picture?) / Guess Who Is The Mother And Who Is The Daughter? / Warning: The Horrible Effects Of New Birth Control Pills (everyone, Please Read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.