Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,191 members, 7,963,899 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 09:56 PM

James Ibori mistakenly hired a Double Agent during his trial... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori mistakenly hired a Double Agent during his trial... (572 Views)

Saraki Moves To Halt His Trial Today Again As Court Of Appeal Issues Hearing Not / Let Senate Sit While Saraki Faces His Trial – CCT / Federal High Court Dismisses Saraki's Application Seeking To Stop His Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

James Ibori mistakenly hired a Double Agent during his trial... by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
Just as James Ibori's Asset seizure case collapses, I have just come across this article, which gave detailed info about Ibori's legal team and his lawyer Bhagresh Gohil who was Jailed for 10 Years. Please read and share your thoughts. shocked shocked shocked

Extract from Bhagresh Gohil's Statement to Parliament.

It was during this Solicitor-client relationship which commenced in 2005 and lasted until June 2007 that I was affected by “a Private Detective Agency”—RISC Management Limited. My former client was James Ibori, the former Governor of Delta State, Nigeria. My firm was instructed to undertake several routine transactions. The client, Ibori was however, unknown to me, under investigation by the British Police. City lawyers, Speechly Bircham were appointed by Ibori to represent his interests and to deal with the UK investigations. Speechly Bircham in turn appointed the Private Detective Agency—RISC Management Limited to assist and to provide litigation support. RISC Management and its Directors became pivotal within the Ibori defence team, participating in virtually all aspects of the defence case from routine daily conference calls to reviewing documentation and participating in meetings with QC’s and other legal representatives. They were privy to the entire defence case, plans, documentation and strategy. Whatever they were participating in was clearly legally privileged.

Over the past few months, it is apparent from media exposes that RISC Management Limited has been the subject of an IPCC supervised Directorate of Professional Standards anti-corruption inquiry. According to articles which first appeared in the London Evening Standard on 31 October 2011. Senior journalist Tom Harper reported that the £20,000 of bribes had been paid by RISC Management Limited to officers in the Metropolitan Police and in particular officers in this case. Soon thereafter, other details of the Private Detective Agency’s misconduct started appearing. These included:

1.Telephone/Email interceptions.
2.Localised bugging/debugging.
3.Record tracing.
4.Bank account details.
5.Security protection.
6.Tax files being obtained.
7.DVLA records being obtained.
8.Police National records and details.
9.More importantly, any other confidential information which could be useful to people.

read more
Source:
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201213/cmselect/cmhaff/100/100vw20.htm

Re: James Ibori mistakenly hired a Double Agent during his trial... by Kanwulia: 12:14am On Oct 09, 2013
Who cares? kiss

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Assembly, Awolowo Foundation List Terms For Confab / Africans Are The Only Slaves In The World Besotted To Their Masters’ Gods / Amaechi Must Stop Insulting Jonathan, Wife – Rivers PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.