Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,945 members, 7,963,014 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:55 PM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (172978 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Saryea83: 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ezegozie:

it seems that the higher i go, the lower my GP becomes.

I have never got more than C in any course thought by Dr AU OKOLO and Dr okeke (Pa- hoe-hoe).

Pls as somebody that graduated from the same department with a nice result.
What do i need to do that i am not doing to increase my GP in dis final year i am about to enter when skul resumes?

I ask because i just have one year left to either come out with 2nd class upper or lower.

And i cant afford to graduate with 2.2, i just cant afford to do that because all eyes are on my GP now.

And currently if
if i have an "A" in my just concluded IT, i will have an average GP of 3.65 before my final year is added.

If i have "B" in my IT, i will have an average GP of 3.48 before my final year is added.

Please what should i do, because each time i remember this, my heart will be troubled.

i need nothing not less than 3.5 as my final CGPA

Wat u really need nw is just to be a triangular student! Strongly avoid any kind of social activities for now! Practice ur IT defence very well n make A cos it'll do u good. As you enter Final, I recommend u spend your weekends but if u can make it, 4 times a week @Management. U know wat I mean cos am also a product of Zikite! Have a focus of all ur fort-coming courses to be A's. Get materials from Library and support ur studies, pls read ahead! Don't wait for lecturers! Take down ur course outline and plan ahead. When I was in that dept, it was hell for me of which I spent my xmas during my final year in skul! All those struggles later put a smile on my face and I made it 4.0. You too can do likewise! Urs is even better that u probem is just to read, wheras mine then was the Eze-muo from my village and some Eze-muo's of some of my course-mates dealt wt me. The more you read, the more you discover that you know but nothing! Read as if there's no God and pray as if there's no Studies! Gudluck!

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Saryea83: 9:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ezegozie:

it seems that the higher i go, the lower my GP becomes.

I have never got more than C in any course thought by Dr AU OKOLO and Dr okeke (Pa- hoe-hoe).

Pls as somebody that graduated from the same department with a nice result.
What do i need to do that i am not doing to increase my GP in dis final year i am about to enter when skul resumes?

I ask because i just have one year left to either come out with 2nd class upper or lower.

And i cant afford to graduate with 2.2, i just cant afford to do that because all eyes are on my GP now.

And currently if
if i have an "A" in my just concluded IT, i will have an average GP of 3.65 before my final year is added.

If i have "B" in my IT, i will have an average GP of 3.48 before my final year is added.

Please what should i do, because each time i remember this, my heart will be troubled.

i need nothing not less than 3.5 as my final CGPA

Wat u really need nw is just to be a triangular student! Strongly avoid any kind of social activities for now! Practice ur IT defence very well n make A cos it'll do u good. As you enter Final, I recommend u spend your weekends but if u can make it, 4 times a week @Management. U know wat I mean cos am also a product of Zikite! Have a focus of all ur fort-coming courses to be A's. Get materials from Library and support ur studies, pls read ahead! Don't wait for lecturers! Take down ur course outline and plan ahead. When I was in that dept, it was hell for me of which I spent my xmas during my final year in skul! All those struggles later put a smile on my face and I made it 4.0. You too can do likewise! Urs is even better that u probem is just to read, wheras mine then was the Eze-muo from my village and some Eze-muo's of some of my course-mates dealt wt me. The more you read, the more you discover that you know but nothing! Read as if there's no God and pray as if there's no Studies! Gudluck!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 9:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
Saryea83:

Wat u really need nw is just to be a triangular student! Strongly avoid any kind of social activities for now! Practice ur IT defence very well n make A cos it'll do u good . As you enter Final, I recommend u spend your weekends but if u can make it, 4 times a week @Management. U know wat I mean cos am also a product of Zikite! Have a focus of all ur fort-coming courses to be A's . Get materials from Library and support ur studies, pls read ahead! Don't wait for lecturers! Take down ur course outline and plan ahead . When I was in that dept, it was hell for me of which I spent my xmas during my final year in skul! All those struggles later put a smile on my face and I made it 4.0. You too can do likewise! Urs is even better that u probem is just to read, wheras mine then was the Eze-muo from my village and some Eze-muo's of some of my course-mates dealt wt me. The more you read, the more you discover that you know but nothing! Read as if there's no God and pray as if there's no Studies! Gudluck!

thanks sir for ur wonderful advice.
I will do exactly what u said.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:45am On Dec 19, 2013
What Skills have you acquired this year?always try and acquire at least a skill every year.....2014 is around the corner,make sure you plan ahead for it,we want to hear testimonies from you guys of breaking in...and don't forget these pls dont forget your little beginnings... Learn to Start small and take time to appreciate your creator one thing for sure in these 2014 many of us hear will come and testify of new breakthrough, new job,promotions,admission and many more..as from next year will be posting job vacancies here for entry level and experienced professional and also plan towards our get together.....lastly it season of celebration show love,give gift to someone including me lol...
COMPLIMENT OF THE SEASON
IMAGWE MARCUS(GEOWORLD INC)

6 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
I am greatly inspired by different gifted contributions am reading. It would hurt passing by those comments without bookmarking them. Surely this would be my spur on word in this field. I am poised to make it in Christ. Thank u my brothers and sisters.
As an undergraduate geologist, what are the skills I can pick up that would enhance me in this field?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2013
If you have any question you can ask me on my blog geopetcity..com and also you can get the latest info on oil and gas trend,come let share idea...

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2013
I love this thread so much!
More grease to ur elbow...
PLS am a chemical eng. Student in LAUTECH... 100L.... About to 200L now,
so please i want u guys to enlighten me more about d course, as in how are d chances of getting work after skul,
2) is it possible to get job after d first degree with d coarse.
Please i will be so so HAPPY if i see some replies about this
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 20, 2013
ayfat23: I love this thread so much!
More grease to ur elbow...
PLS am a chemical eng. Student in LAUTECH... 100L.... About to 200L now,
so please i want u guys to enlighten me more about d course, as in how are d chances of getting work after skul,
2) is it possible to get job after d first degree with d coarse.
Please i will be so so HAPPY if i see some replies about this
chemical Engr is nice all you need now is to study hard and make a good grade,will take it from there after ur graduation by then most of us will be highly place to linked you up....worked hard

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
imag5: chemical Engr is nice all you need now is to study hard and make a good grade,will take it from there after ur graduation by then most of us will be highly place to linked you up....worked hard
THANKS VERY MUCH 4 UR REPLY
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by amuniiopz(m): 11:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
it will be selfish for someone to come across an educatin thread like this and scroll without typing even a word of commendation...#imag5 and co...with all this good work na God go bless you...please am an undergraduate of geology presently in my 100 level..I need serios couselling on where to put more effort...though the course aint easy but am doing well..all advise are highly welcome...God bless you all.

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 9:01am On Dec 21, 2013
amuniiopz: it will be selfish for someone to come across an educatin thread like this and scroll without typing even a word of commendation...#imag5 and co...with all this good work na God go bless you...please am an undergraduate of geology presently in my 100 level..I need serios couselling on where to put more effort...though the course aint easy but am doing well..all advise are highly welcome...God bless you all.
pls geology is very simple, just focus from day one, if you de complain of geology, Wetin chemical engr go say, the kind calculations where my friends bin de don fit pass the complex maths and physics where I do for my 300level, Hahahahaha
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 21, 2013
Good day house,pls want every body to go and download this game,the Shell exploration game so additive,it makes you to better and think very fast,from seismic survey to drilling and to production,in the game you manage your oil block and do a lot of stuff..so sweet
Get the game here at http://explorergame.shell.com/index-game.html
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 21, 2013
imag5: Good day house,pls want every body to go and download this game,the Shell exploration game so additive,it makes you to better and think very fast,from seismic survey to drilling and to production,in the game you manage your oil block and do a lot of stuff..so sweet
Get the game here at http://explorergame.shell.com/index-game.html
I mean the Shell explorer game
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ngjpub: 10:08am On Dec 21, 2013
http://www.ngjpub.com/call-for-papers/

As part of our efforts in encouraging Nigerian Graduates who successfully conducted good research works (projects/ theses) upon graduation, Nigerian Graduates’ Journal is calling for the submission of research papers to be published online for free.

Note: The author must be a Graduate and is expected to have “defended” the work in his/her host University/institution. Publication starts January 2014.

Please visit www.ngjpub.com or contact admin@ngjpub.com for more information or inquiries.

Dr. Hosam Faisal

For Nigerian Graduates’ Journal.

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Adeolakk(m): 6:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
Good evening all. I've been reading this thread and I'm impressed. I just got an admission to study Petroleum engineering. Please what are the exams or qualifications I could do or get while in school that could boost my chances?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2013
Adeola.....kk:
Good evening all. I've been reading this thread and I'm impressed. I just got an admission to study Petroleum engineering. Please what are the exams or qualifications I could do or get while in school that could boost my chances?
The only thing that could boost your chance now is to study hard...I mean read your book and graduate well
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by amosade30(m): 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
Pls I nid sm1 wu cn teach me autocad,ms word and excel veri wel,or sm1 we can practice 2geda..lag onli..tnx
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
image,please what's your email address, I need your help.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
Monstertrucks: image,please what's your email address, I need your help.
marcusimagwe@yahoo.com
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
amosade30: Pls I nid sm1 wu cn teach me autocad,ms word and excel veri wel,or sm1 we can practice 2geda..lag onli..tnx
pls I think if you can get tutor on these you could study and practice on your own, then ask questions then we can help from there, its easy you can learn on your own, am still practicing excel will soon start ms-project.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by amosade30(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
ideology:
pls I think if you can get tutor on these you could study and practice on your own, then ask questions then we can help from there, its easy you can learn on your own, am still practicing excel will soon start ms-project.
tnx 4 yr reply,au can I strt practicing on ma own? I need help..wil b glad if u cn in anywae do..tnx cs its till late feb/march I'll b resumin for ma 500l cs of d ASUU strike,so I wnt to get sm skills frm jan till den,am an engrn student...any oda skill dt can hlp can b sugested..tnx
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
Happy Sunday house,wishing every one compliment of the season,our plans towards 2014 or 2014 agenda...
1.certificate course that will sell next year in oil and gas job are as follow
mud engineering certificate or drilling fluids cert
NDT(non destructive testing) for IRata level 1,2 and 3 for both offshore and onshore certificate
Nebosh igc,nebosh oil and Gas
Boseit(basic offshore survival.....)
HUIET(helicopter underwater.......)
Rope Acesss...
And many more
But NDT certifications is the future, imagine earning 15k per day offshore ie 465k per month for NDT certification you can get it for 200k in pH,Lagos,akwaibom, we have over 100 NDT companies in pH alone...the future is urs plan now

Imag

ROPE ACESS is another good certificate, Google should be ur best friend,they are well paid and you get the training in pH 450k u get to work anywhere in the world with it.....esp Nigeria and Dubai

Nebosh,we all know nebosh the highest of all safety course in oil and gas...price varies
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
More info to come...as regards to our road map next year
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
For those wondering what is NDT pls take look at these explanation Nondestructive testing - NDT - use test methods to examine an object, material or system without impairing its future usefulness. Non-destructive testing is often required to verify the quality of a product or a system. Commonly used techniques are

AET - Acoustic Emission Testing
ART - Acoustic Resonance Testing
ET - Electromagnetic Testing
IRT - Infrared Testing
LT - Leak Testing
MT - Magnetic Particle Testing
PT - Dye Penetrant Testing
RT - Radiographic Testing
UT - Ultrasonic Testing
VT - Visual Testing (VI - Visual Inspection)
AET - Acoustic Emission Testing
Acoustic Emission Testing takes advantage of the sharp sound that PCCP emits when it breaks or slips to identify areas of active distress within a construction. AET can be used to verify the structural integrity of pressure vessels, spheres, high temperature reactors and piping, coke drums, above ground storage tanks, cryogenic storage tanks and more. The inspection is executed externally and shut-down of the process may often not be necessary.

ART - Acoustic Resonance Testing
After an impact a specimen will vibrate in certain characteristic modes and frequencies that can be measured by a microphone or laser vibrometer. Acoustic sonic and ultrasonic resonance analysis is a non-destructive testing technique that allows testing of a wide range of test objects. Typical detecting faults are cracks, cavities, detached layers, material inconsistencies, hardness deviation in materials.

ET - Electromagnetic Testing
Electromagnetic testing is the process of inducing electric currents and/or magnetic fields inside a test object and observing the response. A defect in the test object may be detected where electromagnetic interference creates a measurable response.

IRT - Infrared Testing
Infrared testing is a technique that uses thermography, an infrared imaging and measurement camera, to see and measure infrared energy emitted from an object. Can be used to heat development, lack of insulation, thin walls in constructions and more.

LT - Leak Testing
Techniques used to detect and locate leaks in pressure containment parts, pressure vessels, and structures. Leaks can be detected by using liquid and gas penetrant techniques, electronic listening devices, pressure gauge measurements or soap-bubble tests.

MT - Magnetic Particle Testing
Magnetic particle testing is accomplished by inducing a magnetic field in a ferromagnetic material and then dusting the surface with iron particles. The surface will produce magnetic poles and distort the magnetic field in such a way that the iron particles are attracted and concentrated making defects on the surface of the material visible.

PT - Dye Penetrant Testing
The dye penetrant testing can be used to locate discontinuities on material surfaces. A highly penetrating dye on the surface will enter discontinuities after a sufficient penetration time, and after removing the excess dye with a developing agent, the defects on the surface will be visible.

RT - Radiographic Testing
Radiographic testing can be used to detect internal defects in castings, welds or forgings by exposure the construction to x-ray or gamma ray radiation. Defects are detected by differences in radiation absorption in the material as seen on a shadow graph displayed on photographic film or a fluorescent screen.

UT - Ultrasonic Testing
Ultrasonic testing uses high frequency sound energy to conduct examinations and make measurements. Ultrasonic inspection can be used for flaw detection/evaluation, dimensional measurements, material characterization, and more.

VT - Visual Testing (VI - Visual Inspection)
Visual testing or inspection offers a wide range of options to secure proper system or product quality.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
NDT workers are called inspector, they inspect pipelines in offshore,they inspect materials,they work with multinational oil coys and servicing coy..we have different level such as NDT level 11 cert and so many...next year pls be ready..save and make plans for these,don't know why am sharing all these secret....

Do you need more secret?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ignis: 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
imag5: More info to come...as regards to our road map next year
Waiting...
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Alcheringa(m): 7:20pm On Dec 22, 2013

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Saryea83: 8:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
imag5: Happy Sunday house,wishing every one compliment of the season,our plans towards 2014 or 2014 agenda...
1.certificate course that will sell next year in oil and gas job are as follow
mud engineering certificate or drilling fluids cert
NDT(non destructive testing) for IRata level 1,2 and 3 for both offshore and onshore certificate
Nebosh igc,nebosh oil and Gas
Boseit(basic offshore survival.....)
HUIET(helicopter underwater.......)
Rope Acesss...
And many more
But NDT certifications is the future, imagine earning 15k per day offshore ie 465k per month for NDT certification you can get it for 200k in pH,Lagos,akwaibom, we have over 100 NDT companies in pH alone...the future is urs plan now

Imag

ROPE ACESS is another good certificate, Google should be ur best friend,they are well paid and you get the training in pH 450k u get to work anywhere in the world with it.....esp Nigeria and Dubai

Nebosh,we all know nebosh the highest of all safety course in oil and gas...price varies

Boss, NDT seems to be cheaper than mud Engr. Where can one train for such in PH? Wat of d duration? One thing I like NDT is that it's typically Geophysics!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=Saryea83]

Boss, NDT seems to be cheaper than mud Engr. Where can one train for such in PH? Wat of d duration? One thing I like NDT is that it's typically Geophysics![/quote yeah to some extent it has to do with inspection and testing...you work offshore,you test materials and pipeline also inspection as well,you can get the training in Lagos or pH,many trainers like mound inspection services duration 7days
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Saryea83: 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
[quote author=imag5][/quote]

Can one learn anything meanful in 7days?

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 22, 2013
Saryea83:

Can one learn anything meanful in 7days?
lol some people pay 3000usd for 3days for some course
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by donfemox(m): 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pls guys I'm a geology student but I'm confused on how to go about reading because I always cram right from secondary school and I don't know if the same method will still work for me cos our workload in my school is too much. Pls what effective study method can I employ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.