Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,945 members, 7,963,014 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 11:51 PM

Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants - Career (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants (172976 Views)

Thread for Petroleum Engineers, Both Fresh Graduates And Experienced / Geologists And Mining Engrs: Let's Talk Here / Petroleum Engineers - Bp, Total, Exxonmobil Or Chevron? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (65) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by isi4(m): 3:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
imag5: Thanks everyone,jpts certified drilling operations and offshore technology is 30k at pH.....hope u guys are fine.....we are the future..don't give up......if u are already a graduate sent or CV to my mail marcusimagwe@yahoo.com

Just saw this, but don't know if I'm late, but pls can I still send my CV to your mail? Will also send you details abt me!
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
isi4:

Just saw this, but don't know if I'm late, but pls can I still send my CV to your mail? Will also send you details abt me!
welcome on board
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Getrich47(m): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deprince36m: gud day sir¤ plz i jst got admsn in uniport to study petr eng... I wil b very gr8tful if u gv me sum hint on hw tinz r don i.e wat to expect in yr1, 2, etc

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
Young graduate apply for this job. WTS Energy is seeking to hire a Subsea Material Co-Ordinator , to work in Lagos Nigeria for its client which is a Multinational E&P Company

A multinational E&P Company

WTS Energy provides recruitment and manpower services for the global oil and gas and energy industry. We supply consultants to projects and operations of our clients and perform outsourcing services such workforce management in oil and gas regions around the world. Our clients are based globally and offer a myriad in oil and gas and energy vacancies.

WTS Energy positions in any phase of the project lifecycle; from Geoscience, Drilling Management and Supervision, (FEED) Engineering, Construction, Commissioning and Start UP, Operations and Maintenance. WTS Energy operates globally with offices in 14 countries

To promote HSE behaviour within the testing activities and verifiy that HSE procedures are implemented by the team

To follow up the reception and testing of Subsea Equipment as it is received from SPS sites, at Onne.

To ensure the correct procedures and reporting tools (including technical database, planning, punch list control) are implemented

To monitor and to follow up the execution of testing and preparation for installation of all equipment (including FATs and EFATs) at manufacturer premises to achieve maximum productivity, minimize cost and achieve smooth hand over. To validate the results of the operational tests

To oversee the testing and handling of equipment at sites as may be required on behalf of the Subsea Group

Education: Diploma/Degree qualified or equivalent
Professional experience: 1-2 years experience involving offshore (Drilling/Completion) equipment
Advantageous to have experience with Total/EPNL at materials Coordination Facility, and to have witnessed first hand the manufacture/testing/deployment of subsea equipment.
This position is opened to candidates authorised to work in Nigeria

Apply For This Job:

To Apply For This Position:
email your resume/CV to GrantA.84437.1835@wtsenergy.aplitrak.com

http://www.oilgrads.com/StudentEmployerJob.asp?p_id=433928&eog_id=
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

3 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by stevebent(m): 12:09am On Dec 30, 2013
Pls bro imagwe, which would you advise me study? Electrical engineering or Geology? About to fill my jamb form
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:13am On Dec 30, 2013
stevebent: Pls bro imagwe, which would you advise me study? Electrical engineering or Geology? About to fill my jamb form
electrical engineering I have reason...
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:23am On Dec 30, 2013
imag5: electrical engineering I have reason...
reason is that somebody that read elect elect can do the work of a geologist,while a geologist can't do elect elect job as simple as ABC and elect elect is wide..in terms of opportunity
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 3:01am On Dec 30, 2013
imag5: How you guys enjoying your Christmas celebration....
Let's do some discussion,here is the question

WHAT IS YOUR WISH FOR 2014?
MINE IS 1.TO BE CLOSER TO GOD MORE AND ALSO GREAT WISDOM IN ALL MY PROJECT
2.HELP YOUNG NIGERIANS ACHIVE THEIR DREAMS
3. START A FOUNDATION CALLED GEO FOUNDATION
4.GET HIGHER DEGREE LOL MSC
5.DATE A CUTE AND MATURED LADY...LOL
THESE ARE MINE,WHAT IS URS?

Lol... mine is similar to yours sha
1. be closer to God and become a church member
2. become a 'card-carrying' pdp member
3. run various courses that will booster my employment oppurtunity and increase my perceived worth/experience
4. move into my apartment
5. same as yours (lol)
6. start my pgd in gly
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 30, 2013
careytommy:

Lol... mine is similar to yours sha
1. be closer to God and become a church member
2. become a 'card-carrying' pdp member
3. run various courses that will booster my employment oppurtunity and increase my perceived worth/experience
4. move into my apartment
5. same as yours (lol)
6. start my pgd in gly
nice one it settled in Jesus name
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Ezegozie(m): 7:46am On Dec 30, 2013
stevebent: Pls bro imagwe, which would you advise me study? Electrical engineering or Geology? About to fill my jamb form

Geology,
I have my reasons.

(1) its less competetive to get admission in Geology dept. because people dat put Electrical Engineering is far more dan people dat put Geology,
(because Nigerians are yet to know the hidden secrets in Geology)

(2) Msc holders in geology who also graduated with a nice result in their Bsc are more demanded in the oil and gas company than EE
because they have more function to perform there.

(3) Geology will give you the opportunity to travel wide if you are the travel-loving type.
and you know, if you travel wide, you will explore the places and know the best place to invest on a particular thing, (if u love Biz)
(4) Geology will open your eyes on the mineral resources in Nigeria which will subsequently create opportunities for you to invest in those mineral resources and make cool cash, because you are taught how to hold the bull by its horn.

(5) In Nigeria, Geology world is not so over-crowded like the EE counterpart.
I mean geologists are not as many as Electrical Engrs, because of that competition reduces when the number of competitors are small
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 30, 2013
Ezegozie:

Geology,
I have my reasons.

(1) its less competetive to get admission in Geology dept. because people dat put Electrical Engineering is far more dan people dat put Geology,
(because Nigerians are yet to know the hidden secrets in Geology)

(2) Msc holders in geology who also graduated with a nice result in their Bsc are more demanded in the oil and gas company than EE
because they have more function to perform there.

(3) Geology will give you the opportunity to travel wide if you are the travel-loving type.
and you know, if you travel wide, you will explore the places and know the best place to invest on a particular thing, (if u love Biz)
(4) Geology will open your eyes on the mineral resources in Nigeria which will subsequently create opportunities for you to invest in those mineral resources and make cool cash, because you are taught how to hold the bull by its horn.

(5) In Nigeria, Geology world is not so over-crowded like the EE counterpart.
I mean geologists are not as many as Electrical Engrs, because of that competition reduces when the number of competitors are small
lol are u sarced of competition
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:59am On Dec 30, 2013
Good day house...Ezegozie has given us a wake up call....Pls let debate Electrical engineering VS Geology which is better to study in Nigeria... Debate start now,pls I need everybody to be involve in this debate..Result will be announced on Jan1st...imag
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by dives(m): 1:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hello peeps how are we all doing? Complements of the season. I need your candid advice please. Just graduated from geology and am thinking of "runsing" my service to the Niger delta so as to get a first hand oil and gas experience but i don"t know if it's a good choice as i hear all corpers that are posted to PH for example are all compelled to teach. Is this fact true or itz just a myth. Secondly, I really want to know please how easy is it getting an oil and gas experience in the niger delta as a graduate of geology without using connections. (I really don't mind ifi am going to be doing a free job, i value the experience more than the money). Thirdly any suggestions of companies that are willing to accept corpers, (not necessarily in PH but the ND region as a whole now). Please i"d like to hear your honest and sincere suggestions please. Am all ears

2 Likes

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 5:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
imag5: Good day house...Ezegozie has given us a wake up call....Pls let debate Electrical engineering VS Geology which is better to study in Nigeria... Debate start now,pls I need everybody to be involve in this debate..Result will be announced on Jan1st...imag

Good day Moderators, our incorruptible judge imag5, co debaters, distinguished professionals in the house, students and all Nairalanders. The moniker is crudedude and I'm here to tell us all why Electrical Engineering is a better option at undergraduate study than Geology.

First of all...

Should I go on cool
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
crudedude:

Good day Moderators, our incorruptible judge imag5, co debaters, distinguished professionals in the house, students and all Nairalanders. The moniker is crudedude and I'm here to tell us all why Electrical Engineering is a better option at undergraduate study than Geology.

First of all...

Should I go on cool

crudeguy. e bi like you don forget your points, check Google.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
crudedude:

First of all...

Should I go on cool

go on plsl...
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 30, 2013
ideology:
ideology where is ur point..,lol am watin for urs
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
imag5: nice one it settled in Jesus name
Amen
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
Electrical engineering is the TOOLS of the earth, While Geology is the Music of the earth.......Imag
Am not suppose to talk lol
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by crudedude(m): 6:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
ideology:
grin no make me cut mind na
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
dives: Hello peeps how are we all doing? Complements of the season. I need your candid advice please. Just graduated from geology and am thinking of "runsing" my service to the Niger delta so as to get a first hand oil and gas experience but i don"t know if it's a good choice as i hear all corpers that are posted to PH for example are all compelled to teach. Is this fact true or itz just a myth. Secondly, I really want to know please how easy is it getting an oil and gas experience in the niger delta as a graduate of geology without using connections. (I really don't mind ifi am going to be doing a free job, i value the experience more than the money). Thirdly any suggestions of companies that are willing to accept corpers, (not necessarily in PH but the ND region as a whole now). Please i"d like to hear your honest and sincere suggestions please. Am all ears
Yes it not a myth you got to teach
Secondly without connection hmmm,well the best strategy is to get MSC form in uni port,the only school in Niger delta closer to oil coy in Nigeria,you get to meet people in the industry and also lecturers having contract with oil coy,u help them to handle project and so many,u go to nape monthly meeting at presidential hotel in pH and u meet professional.... So many ways there,I know of people coming to pH to served just to have a feel of our the industry is regardless of teaching.....my dear the only good place in nd to served is PH over 3000oil coys both multi and local and remember this patience is key......imag
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 8:12pm On Dec 30, 2013
Our debate is still on pls everyone contribute
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by profeoo(m): 10:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Getrich47:

Obada is dat u....raymond idengeli....pet engr.
uhm,u guessed correctly
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by profeoo(m): 10:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
imag5: reason is that somebody that read elect elect can do the work of a geologist,while a geologist can't do elect elect job as simple as ABC and elect elect is wide..in terms of opportunity
Ï beg to disagree. There is hardly a sphere that geology is nt applicable. I jst think opportunities abounds more in geology than eee. Its d most sought out presently
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2013
[quote author=prof e.o.o] Ï beg to disagree. There is hardly a sphere that geology is nt applicable. I jst think opportunities abounds more in geology than eee. Its d most sought out presently [/quote list the opportunities and I will list mine then will compare
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by ideology(m): 7:22am On Dec 31, 2013
Moderators, our judge, co
debaters, fellow
professionals in the house,
students and all Nairalanders. I hereby support the notion that geology is better than electrical electronics.
first of all, geology deals with the science of the earth, starting from understanding our universe including the space, atmosphere, earth surface and subsurface, its goes along way to understanding the activities going on in these places, the benefits, the problems arising from these regions, and best ways to solve them, these are things electrical electronics may not be able to do in years to come.
secondly, as a geologist we interpret Gods hand writing in rocks, atmosphere, name it, its a wow experience. we are doing the mind of God, unravelling mysteries hidden in ages past from the proud ones (EE) but reveal to us the humble ones. what a glorious ministry to partake in displaying Gods multi-dimensional wisdom.
with this few points of mine I believe have been able to convince this honorable house that geology is better than electrical electronics.
ps: pls if you can't counter these points, lets the results be announced, lol
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by dives(m): 8:48am On Dec 31, 2013
imag5:
Yes it not a myth you got to teach
Secondly without connection hmmm,well the best strategy is to get MSC form in uni port,the only school in Niger delta closer to oil coy in Nigeria,you get to meet people in the industry and also lecturers having contract with oil coy,u help them to handle project and so many,u go to nape monthly meeting at presidential hotel in pH and u meet professional.... So many ways there,I know of people coming to pH to served just to have a feel of our the industry is regardless of teaching.....my dear the only good place in nd to served is PH over 3000oil coys both multi and local and remember this patience is key......imag

It is not a myth?? mehnnn datz really so heartbreaking. Soo with over 3000 oil coys, not even the local ones are ready to take in extra hands to help younger generation in career growth even without pay? Wow! getting a masters is not a bad idea too but IMO i think i would prefer getting an oil coy experience before going for masters, that way one can get to see what area one would really want to specialize in. BTW geology is a practical course, why know all the theory without knowing the practical? I think that's why even with a masters these oil coys still send you for some months training to teach you what really matters. Also even with a masters these people still ask you for at least one year O&G experience. This experience thing in the Nigerian system is really quite sickening. What about Akwa Ibom or Delta state, Any possible prospects?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 31, 2013
dives:

It is not a myth?? mehnnn datz really so heartbreaking. Soo with over 3000 oil coys, not even the local ones are ready to take in extra hands to help younger generation in career growth even without pay? Wow! getting a masters is not a bad idea too but IMO i think i would prefer getting an oil coy experience before going for masters, that way one can get to see what area one would really want to specialize in. BTW geology is a practical course, why know all the theory without knowing the practical? I think that's why even with a masters these oil coys still send you for some months training to teach you what really matters. Also even with a masters these people still ask you for at least one year O&G experience. This experience thing in the Nigerian system is really quite sickening. What about Akwa Ibom or Delta state, Any possible prospects?
that's the Nigeria factor for you,but you can be doing MSC while searching for job all I want from you there is not to leave any vaccum space in your life....you don't have a job and you are not doing something tangible it really disastrous, my dear come to ph,even if you have to teach it does not stop you from networking... MSC in geology or geophysics is not a child's play with that you can get a job easily, cos with MSC you only need one year working experience, so while searching for job do something tangible, I know of a guy while teaching in a private sec sch in pH and also doing is MSC got his first oil job with Drill pet limited immediately he finished his MSC...don't give up pH is cool,delta is relatively cool,akwaibom is cool...so it ur choice,choose wisely,patience is key.....,imag

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 31, 2013
Young grad apply for this job,according to dbanj if you don't have HSE you are on a long thing,lol just kidding graduate in the house apply

Posted on Tue 31st Dec, 2013

The Nigerian Ports Authority is a government owned agency charged with the responsibility of Port Administration in the underlisted locations: Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onne, Warri, Calabar. Copied from: www.
The Nigerian Ports Authority wishes to recruit suitably qualified candidates for the positions of: Fire Officer II (Salary Scale SSS4) in order to ensure safety of our operations.

Job Position: Fire Officer II (Salary Scale SSS4)

Locations: Lagos, Port Harcourt, Onne, Warri, Calabar.
Cadre: Officer

Responsibilities
Supervision and manning of designed Fire Post within the port facilities.
Report incident (if any) in written form to superior officer
Ensure safety and efficient running of fire engines and hydrants
Take command and control in case of emergency
Ability of driving articulated Fire Engine
Qualifications
Minimum of B.Sc or HND in Social Sciences and Humanities or IFE Level 4 Certificate in Fire Science and Fire Safety
Age range: 22-35 years Copied from: www.
Application Closing Date
10th February, 2014.

Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should send their applications with comprehensive CV stating email, contact address (not P.O. Box), mobile telephone numbers and qualification within six (6) weeks of this publication (10 Feb. 2014) to:

The General Manager Human Resources
Nigerian Ports Authority
26 / 28 Marina, Lagos
OR
Email to: info@nigerianports.org

Note: Only short-listed applicants would be invited for interview and be required to undergo written test, interview and medical examination.
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 31, 2013
Our debate is still on Ideology taking the lead

1 Like

Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by dives(m): 12:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
imag5: that's the Nigeria factor for you,but you can be doing MSC while searching for job all I want from you there is not to leave any vaccum space in your life....you don't have a job and you are not doing something tangible it really disastrous, my dear come to ph,even if you have to teach it does not stop you from networking... MSC in geology or geophysics is not a child's play with that you can get a job easily, cos with MSC you only need one year working experience, so while searching for job do something tangible, I know of a guy while teaching in a private sec sch in pH and also doing is MSC got his first oil job with Drill pet limited immediately he finished his MSC...don't give up pH is cool,delta is relatively cool,akwaibom is cool...so it ur choice,choose wisely,patience is key.....,imag

Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate your comments. Like how much does it cost to run an Msc in uniport?
Re: Geophysicists, Geologists, & Petroleum Engineers: Professionals & Aspirants by Nobody: 12:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
dives:

Thanks a lot man. I really appreciate your comments. Like how much does it cost to run an Msc in uniport?
application form 15k sch fess 100k budget 120k plus other expense like transcript.....

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (65) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recruitment List Out! / Achieving The Dream Career: My Story, My Lessons / Interview Question: 'What Time Are You Available To Start Work?'

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.