Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,183 members, 7,936,646 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 06:56 PM

APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee (21553 Views)

PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east / APC Zones Senate Presidency To N'central, Speaker To N'east (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Codedeben: 5:47pm On Oct 14, 2013
I wonder what this world is turning into. i wonder what difference it would make if one of these so called leaders of tomorrow eventually receives the mantle of leadership. it beats me the way we talk, reason and act. Imagine a supposedly educated fellow threatening fellow human being all because she didnt subscribe to his point of view. Its still the same set of people that come pressing their keyboard to reign curses and insults on the likes of Reuben Abati, FFK and their ilks whenever they portray similar attitude ( talking in an uncouth manner whenever one opposes them).

The one that baffles me most is the fact that the same dude would also still be the first to press reply button to reprehend the culprit of any news they see on nairaland that carries the caption " A guy was arrested after beating up a lady he met on an online forum". they will call the guy series of unprintable names, even insult his whole tribe altogether. Imagine same person threatening to go and "deal" with a fellow Nairalander, for the reason that is beyond me.

This country would change that same day we all decide to change.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by JesusG: 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
I have just sent a mail to Seun regarding those women beaters (oshinishuku, swedbase, waternogetenemy). If nothing is done about them today, today will be my last day on nairaland. I hate when some men think they are macho and decide to insult or fight a lady. How I wish I can face those little men and knock the fvck out of them this afternoon.

1 Like

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Pukkah: 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
Katsumoto:

Check out the references to sexual assault and violence to one lady. Those chaps are just disgraceful.

I couldn't believe my eyes.

Even the worst of politics or tribalism should not bring out such bestiality in refined humans.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by blaise26abj(m): 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
OsunOriginal:

Who and who agreed that GEJ has tried? Tell me one thing he has done? You now have power in your village 24x7?

Power situation is getting worse despite the noise about power plant project commissioning.

Corruption is becoming more of way of life.

Tell me one thing GEJ has done to better your life as ordinary Nigerian?
I don't need to tell you the names of my friends.
But let's be objective. The problem of power doesn't lie just in generation, it lies mostly in transmission. If nigeria shld generate 50 million megawatts today, we dont have the capacity to transmit it and people still won't have light. GEJ is doing just that and he is holding on to that part of the sector and didn't privatize it. Possibly in a bid to control pricing later. it like saying u want to wire the whole of nigeria in 2 years when u have other sectors and terrorism to combat.

The rail sector is one also that i know they have worked seriously on. The old rails are refurbished and new standard ones are being worked on. Lagos -ibadan is about to start, abuja-kaduna will be completed next year. Abuja light rail is there. Road rehabilitations are also going on. Try to listen to political platform on raypower every friday to hear more about that

the agricultural sector too is improving and by February next year, Nigeria's first integrated housing mortgage scheme will start for low and middle income earners.

BUT corruption is still there. I tried to understand what he said about fighting corruption by not making money available to be stolen. I can say that it worked for a while because i know most senators and Honorables complained bitterly that they were not getting money like before. they all pointed to Okonjo iweala and subsequently to Goodluck Jonathan. But still there is still corruption in the system. And it is mostly from our uncles , aunties, sisters, brothers and neighbours in public service.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
@Berem. I reiterate that you should be careful while being able to stand up for yourself without giving leeway to anybody as fodder for their sexist and ethnic agendas.

I have been here long enough to know that many of these dudes (including the self-righteous ones here) don't respect women either way.

Nigerian men have issues. Period.

EDIT: Just realized that I deleted my prior post for this one...but my first message still stands.

4 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by PointB: 5:57pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pukkah: Some of the most uncouth, crude and barbaric Nairalanders are on this thread.

Any wonder the country is the way it is?

Honestly, sharing the same nationality with people like that can only be a punishment from God.
Honestly, sharing the same nationality with people like yoruba can only be a punishment from God. A punishment I sincerely hope will end soon, when by same God's grace we part ways.

3 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Pukkah: 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2013
PointB:

Living with tribalitic and treacherous yoruba is indeed a punishment. A punishment I sincerely hope will end soon, when by same God's grace we part ways.

You obviously didn't study the context before jumping in.

If my blood brother reasoned in that uncouth, primitive and barbaric way (God forbid) as the person I quoted, then I would see it as a major punishment to share the same space with him.

This is not about being Igbo or Yoruba. I would have said the same thing regardless of the poster's tribe or location.

Or are you saying you are in support of his uncouth posts SIMPLY because you think that you have a common ethnicity with him?

So next time, look well before you take a dive. You misread the whole thing, as usual, from a narrow tribal perspective.

2 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Femolacaster(m): 6:04pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pukkah: Some of the most uncouth, crude and barbaric Nairalanders are on this thread.

Any wonder the country is the way it is?

Honestly, sharing the same nationality with people like that can only be a punishment from God.
U are right, this is the true reflection of what is happening in the country.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by PointB: 6:06pm On Oct 14, 2013
nnenna.1:
The Igbo men here should calm down and quit attacking Berem so much. Her views, her liability.

However (and this is addressed to Berem) the same dudes you seem to be siding with are also very quick to call Igbo girls (you and me inclusive) as cheap, loose HIV infected prostitutes who love Yoruba (insert whatever).

"Respect for women" is a relative term among posters here. Just be careful about how you want to define it.

I know you are doing acting out in defense of Rochas/Imo State governance but I wouldn't be so quick to tag along a team that will throw you to the wayside as soon as you offer a contrarian view.

At most, be yourself and don't overly please others at your personal expense and dignity.

Words of wisdom.

I hope all parties do well to listen to her.
Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
nnenna.1:
The Igbo men here should calm down and quit attacking Berem so much. Her views, her liability.

However (and this is addressed to Berem) the same dudes you seem to be siding with are also very quick to call Igbo girls (you and me inclusive) as cheap, loose HIV infected prostitutes who love Yoruba (insert whatever).

"Respect for women" is a relative term among posters here. Just be careful about how you want to define it.

I know you are doing acting out in defense of Rochas/Imo State governance but I wouldn't be so quick to tag along a team that will throw you to the wayside as soon as you offer a contrarian view.

At most, be yourself and don't overly please others at your personal expense and dignity.
I don't know what you mean by pleasing others! What is wrong being a staunch supporter of APC which has all ethnic groups represented in the party? Why should I hate fashola or Tinubu because they belong to APC? Why should I despise Buhari because he is a fulani? Why should I turn my back on my governor because he chose to join APC? Why should my opinion on political issues be a headache to others? Must we all from the same ethnicity dance to the same tune? I have every right to support whomever I choose to. Who ever takes offense about my views should go to hell!!!

4 Likes

Re: APC Zones Vice Presidency To South-West, Shops For Nominee by dayokanu(m): 6:07pm On Oct 14, 2013
Pukkah: You obviously didn't study the context before jumping in.

If my blood brother reasoned in that uncouth, primitive and barbaric way (God forbid) as the person I quoted, then I would see it as a major punishment to share the same space with him.

This is not about being Igbo or Yoruba. I would have said the same thing regardless of the poster's tribe or location.

Or are you saying you are in support of his uncouth posts SIMPLY because you think that you have a common ethnicity with him?

So next time, look well before you take a dive. You misread the whole thing, as usual, from a narrow tribal perspective.

He understood you fully. He simply shares the same opinion that women dont count for anything. Its a common theme in their area. Go and see last yr Ezeyibo election and how Ifyalways and Ogugua were attacked for daring to have an opinion given their sex.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari Leaves For India Tuesday / Army In Yauri Thwart Boko Haram Attempted Attack, Kill 5 Terrorists(Graphic) / APC Slams Peter Obi, Calls Him Ignorant Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.