Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,181 members, 7,936,644 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 06:49 PM

Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 - Sports (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (54592 Views)

Nigeria Vs Iraq: FIFA U-17 World Cup (5 - 0) On 25th October 2013 / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
Gbaragbara: what the heck do you mean 'small' African teams. small as in terms of the country's size or pedigree in football? can you tell me one country or football club that had never lost a game? look, when it comes to nigeria, we will beat you any day, any time. even during afcon, when our team had a few issues, we were still clamouring to face nigeria, because we see nigeria as our wives that we can flog any day. grin grin grin walahi talahi

I have always said what happened at afcon was a fluke and I still stand by it. what has changed? nothing! it is still the same clueless, calsless, fumbling supa chinchins that suddenly got lucky in a competition that top players often tend to shun. what has changed? do you remember kenya almost beat you in Calabar recently? and how many matches have you played since afcon? how many have you won? grin

Let me share with you what your Yoruba brother wrote about what role Ghanaians played in developing football in your country. Instead of gratitude. all we get are insults. can you imagine the crap?

Ghanaians that changed the face of Nigerian football
Segun Odegbami

As a result of the harsh economic conditions in Ghana in the late 1960s and early 1970s hundreds of Ghanaian footballers flooded the Nigerian league. The best of them were in every big club in the country from Mighty Jets of Jos, to Stationary Stores of Lagos, to Shooting Stars of Ibadan and even up to Sharks Football Club of Port Harcourt. It was very easy to distinguish them at that time because of the flair and flamboyance they brought to the game. Most of them were showmen. Unlike the typical Nigerian football player that played only with speed and power, the Ghanaians played the short passing game, with plenty of exhibitionism, and a certain air that verged on ‘arrogance‘. Their influence was greatest in clubs like Stationary Stores and Shooting Stars at the time, both of which had a large number of these Ghanaian players in their squads. Their football became markedly entertaining, stylish and attractive to watch. Within a few years this impacted very much on Nigerian football generally. The mix of the Ghanaian style of football with the indigenous Nigerian style evolved into a new generation of players with power, speed, individual skills and style. That‘s why and how Nigerian football caught up with and even overtook Ghanaian football - as a result of the fusion of these two different football characteristics. Ghana‘s football resembled that of Brazil, whilst Nigerian football was grounded in the typical kick-and-rush style of the English.

Ghanaian players in the Green Eagles
Many Ghanaian players became so integrated into the Nigerian environment that many of them ended up playing for Nigeria without the authorities being able to (or chose to disregard) separate their nationalities. That‘s how Willie Andrews, Yakubu Mambo, Baba Otu Mohammed, Johnny Orlando, Phillip Boamah, Raymond Quakopone, Sani Mohammed, Leotis Boateng, Mohammed Lawal, Adokwa Laryea, and so on came to play in Nigeria and for the national team, the Green Eagles. There were many others in clubs across the length and breadth of Nigeria, playing and raising the standard of the domestic game: Joe Appiah, Edward Ansah, Joseph Carr, Arthur Moses, John Benson, Husseini Alabi (a Nigerian, but born and raised in Ghana), and so on.
Back to Annas Ahmed

Annas Ahmed was one of that army of imports. He came with a flair that was very uncharacteristic of a defender. He played football like one dancing, very elegant and graceful on the ball, and a beauty to watch. He floated his passes with such exquisite delicacy that the ball would ‘hang‘ in the air as if begging for a head to connect. That‘s where some of us, good with our heads, thrived! I scored many a memorable goal with those floating passes, particularly at training sessions.

Annas was one of the two pillars of the Raccah Rovers defence in their most glorious years. The other was Ahmed Abubakar, who has relocated to the US and now lives in New York.

My brother whether it was a fluke or not they are the african champ and no one Can take that from them.

You are absolutely right that Ghana would beat them if the two teams meet.
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by adegwurulez(m): 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2013
Kingmojo:

One match u say? Ghana has been the most consistent team in Africa. No one comes close
check ur records bro, when last did super eagles lose to an African team??
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2013
Obrafour: I will demonstrate against Kevin’s
return
- Kofi Manu
Aduana Stars Chief Executive Officer
Kofi Manu has vowed to demonstrate
against the return of K...........
https://www.nairaland.com/1150216/official-black-stars-ghana-cafe/90#1150216.2901

He needs to go sit somewhere. We want the best team in the World Cup. Now if boateng does not play the return leg then he should be off the team.
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2013
collynzo2: I can't believe we are arguing about a team that hasn't won zilch for 32 years.

The team has been more consistent than any team in Africa.
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Gbaragbara: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2013
collynzo2: I can't believe we are arguing about a team that hasn't won zilch for 32 years.
to be honest, its hard to argue with you over this cup business. you see, for the average nigerian winning anything called 'cup' is such a big deal. I remember a few years ago, a nigerian team went for an invitational competition in Asia. their trip was sponsored by the government. unfortunately, they got eliminated mid-way into the tournament and they had to come back home. trust our bros grin they quickly went and bought a 'cup' in the asian country's local market and brought it to nigeria, claiming they won the tournament. they were taken to the governors and typical MUMU style grin they splashed money and gifts on them. it took a smart journalist who was doing some research on the Internet to find out that the team did not win the competition as they claimed grin grin grin grin

so I know the obsession of the nigerian with anything called cup or trophy grin you see the difference between you and us is that we have long outgrown afcon. after 4 titles what do we need another afcon title for? in fact there is one afcon trophy sitting permanently in accra as we speak. the one in your custody will soon be returned to CAF for the next tournament grin

even our top players don't want to play afcon, they are only interested in playing on a bigger stage- the world cup. so little brother, console yourself with some useless afcon title while the quarter finalist at the last world cup and africa's pride Ghana plot how to get to at least semi final in Brazil. isn't it a shame that afcon ended months ago and you are still talking about it? the current show in town is world cup.

fifa 4th-best rated africa champions that can't go beyond the second round in world cup? tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeea crap

1 Like

Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2013
adegwurulez: check ur records bro, when last did super eagles lose to an African team??

Consistent, super eagles? From 2006 check Ghana's record and compare that to
Nigeria's.
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Gbaragbara: 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2013
adegwurulez: check ur records bro, when last did super eagles lose to an African team??
hahahahaha I thought you were finally going to tell me the last time supa chinchins beat the Almighty Black Stars grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by collynzo2(m): 5:06pm On Oct 17, 2013
I have gone through the AFCON threads to see what the Ghanaians who claim they aren't interested in winning the cup said then.
PetroDolla: GHANA ALL THE WAY.THAT CUP IS COMING TO ACCRA AND THERE'S NOTHING ANY ONE CAN DO ABOUT IT. Well done GHANA
This is the same Gbarabara AkA Petrodolla that is now saying they have out grown AFCON.
www.nairaland.com/1158642/ghana-mali-niger-dr-congo/14#13930520
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by collynzo2(m): 5:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
Mediocre FIFA ranking and World cup quater final appearance is what Ghanaians see as trophy. Of all the 8 teams that made the quarter final in South Africa, only Ghana has been making noise about it and they have been doing it for over 3 years.
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by collynzo2(m): 5:12pm On Oct 17, 2013
PetroDolla: so nigerians are excited because Ghana drew 2-2?well,hope you are ready for the humiliation that'll befall your miserable team today?nigeria is the weakest team among the 16 in SA.zambia will finish you off on friday!hehe you're boasting b4 ur 1st game?
www.nairaland.com/1158642/ghana-mali-niger-dr-congo/14#13935836
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Gbaragbara: 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2013
collynzo2: I have gone through the AFCON threads to see what the Ghanaians who claim they aren't interested in winning the cup said then. This is the same Gbarabara AkA Petrodolla that is now saying they have out grown AFCON.
www.nairaland.com/1158642/ghana-mali-niger-dr-congo/14#13930520
hahahaha no wonder Uche Chukwumerije said you are educated illiterates. grin grin grin grin I swear generator fumes has something to do with this. and stop smoking that weed before it finally damages your fragile, generator-fumes compromised brain,huh? hahahahahaha

don't know where you got the idea I'm related to PETRODOLLA, but in the mind of a deluded ewu like you any thought is possible ooooh you know PETRODOLLA fears no one,huh? grin crap

1 Like

Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by collynzo2(m): 5:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
Gbaragbara: hahahaha no wonder Uche Chukwumerije said you are educated illiterates. grin grin grin grin I swear generator fumes has something to do with this. and stop smoking that weed before it finally damages your fragile, generator-fumes compromised brain,huh? hahahahahaha

don't know where you got the idea I'm related to PETRODOLLA, but in the mind of a deluded ewu like you any thought is possible ooooh you know PETRODOLLA fears no one,huh? grin crap
Trying to deny you are Petrodolla while proving the same with your trademark useless posts. Hahaha pathetic
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by collynzo2(m): 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2013
Gbaragbara: hahahaha no wonder Uche Chukwumerije said you are educated illiterates. grin grin grin grin I swear generator fumes has something to do with this. and stop smoking that weed before it finally damages your fragile, generator-fumes compromised brain,huh? hahahahahaha

Any similarity?
PetroDolla:

Sharaaaaaaaaaap, mor0n! No wonder Uche Chukumerije described nigerians as educated illiterates! Damn! grin

Do you know the meaning of struggling, evil scumbag? shocked

Your supa chichins struggled against lowly-rated Kenya at home and was lucky to escape an embarrassing defeat. You struggled against Namibia and had a lucky draw, your chinchins had a lucky 1-0 win in Nairobi after much wobbling and fumbling like retards.

GHANA, on the other hand, scored four times against Sudan in Kumasi, beat Sudan again 3-1 in Sudan, and capped it with a well-executed 2-0 win in Lesotho. Ghana’s leading the group even though Zambia was awarded 3 free points! Svck ma dick, stvpid MUMU!
Ghana has scored more goals than any other teams in the current qualifying series and conceded the least number of goals! Is that a struggling side? Dummy the dumb dumb

I was told your supa chinchins had won only twice in their last five or six matches, huh? grin What do you call that,eediot? Struggling? No, they are completely retarded!

I think people should be subjected to IQ test before they are allowed to post! Fuckeduppedness

We are targeting world cup success and you are gloating over an AFCON title? fvcking sh1t!

Even FIFA recognizes Ghana as your oga in perpetuity!
Ghana is rated higher in FIFA rankings and FIFA records show Ghana has dominated your clueless, pathetic chichins, even with much lower population.

You deserve worse than death, sh1thead! hahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin grin

www.nairaland.com/1150216/official-black-stars-ghana-cafe/38#17251748
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Gbaragbara: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2013
collynzo2: Mediocre FIFA ranking and World cup quater final appearance is what Ghanaians see as trophy. Of all the 8 teams that made the quarter final in South Africa, only Ghana has been making noise about it and they have been doing it for over 3 years.
hahahahahah Ghana deserves to make noise about reaching the quarter finals in South Africa. you know why? because in the whole history of world cup competition, Ghana is the THIRD team ever to reach that far. Yes, only three african nations have ever reached that far, and none of them is called supa chinchins. grin

as for afcon, about 15 or so countries in Africa can claim to have won afcon at one point or the other,huh? you see the difference? only 3 african sides,including Ghana, have ever reached world cup quarter final, whereas all manner of countries, including some useless ones like your country and zambia have won afcon as some point.

it is a shame isn't it that your country has gone to the world cup four times or so far, but has never reached the quarter finals? the same thing will happen in Brazil grin you'll get kicked out again in the first round. what a shame? ethiopia may just do better,huh grin

1 Like

Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by adegwurulez(m): 6:11pm On Oct 17, 2013
collynzo2:
Any similarity?

www.nairaland.com/1150216/official-black-stars-ghana-cafe/38#17251748
i see ur point. The two are the same
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by adegwurulez(m): 6:17pm On Oct 17, 2013
Gbaragbara: hahahahahah Ghana deserves to make noise about reaching the quarter finals in South Africa. you know why? because in the whole history of world cup competition, Ghana is the THIRD team ever to reach that far. Yes, only three african nations have ever reached that far, and none of them is called supa chinchins. grin

as for afcon, about 15 or so countries in Africa can claim to have won afcon at one point or the other,huh? you see the difference? only 3 african sides,including Ghana, have ever reached world cup quarter final, whereas all manner of countries, including some useless ones like your country and zambia have won afcon as some point.

it is a shame isn't it that your country has gone to the world cup four times or so far, but has never reached the quarter finals? the same thing will happen in Brazil grin you'll get kicked out again in the first round. what a shame? ethiopia may just do better,huh grin

can you boast of watching the blackstars lift any trophy? Whats the reason for supporting a side that cant give you trophies? Ps: there is no trophy for quaterfinalist
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by safarigirl(f): 6:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
Una well done o. I just come greet. Ehen, Enyeama remains AFRICA'S AWESOMEST GOALIE until after WC, we go see.
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by adegwurulez(m): 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
safarigirl: Una well done o. I just come greet. Ehen, Enyeama remains AFRICA'S AWESOMEST GOALIE until after WC, we go see.
after worldcup?? U dey give am expiry date??
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by achimotan(m): 6:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
Obrafour: I will demonstrate against Kevin’s
return
- Kofi Manu
Aduana Stars Chief Executive Officer
Kofi Manu has vowed to demonstrate
against the return of K...........
https://www.nairaland.com/1150216/official-black-stars-ghana-cafe/90#1150216.2901

The midfield quartet should be essien muntari asamoah and boateng. Dede ayew when on the right wing hardly put in a cross into the 18
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by achimotan(m): 6:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
adegwurulez: can you boast of watching the blackstars lift any trophy? Whats the reason for supporting a side that cant give you trophies? Ps: there is no trophy for quaterfinalist

Tell that to arsenal fans shocked cool
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 17, 2013
safarigirl: Una well done o. I just come greet. Ehen, Enyeama remains AFRICA'S AWESOMEST GOALIE until after WC, we go see.

Sorry Cameroonian keeper is better, he is the second best.
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by adegwurulez(m): 6:48pm On Oct 17, 2013
achimotan:

Tell that to arsenal fans shocked cool
lolz
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by adegwurulez(m): 6:51pm On Oct 17, 2013
Kingmojo:

maybe i should start watching dis cameroon keeper, but dont u tnk it is too early to call him african best just after one match?
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by boron10(m): 7:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
Kingmojo:

The team has been more consistent than any team in Africa.
Consistent in what sense? Not winning a trophy for 32 years?
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by boron10(m): 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
Kingmojo:

Austin Ejide is the second best keeper in africa. He's far better than the so called cameroonian keeper.
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by adegwurulez(m): 7:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
boron10:
Austin Ejide is the second best keeper in africa. He's far better than the so called cameroonian keeper.
Nigeria always boast of decent goalkeepers, i remember the days of ike shorunmu
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Nobody: 8:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
boron10:
Consistent in what sense? Not winning a trophy for 32 years?

We haven't missed any major competition while Nigeria has missed both World Cup and african cup. In World Cup the only african team to make it to the group stage. In african cup we have been in the semi finals three straight times.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by achimotan(m): 8:05pm On Oct 17, 2013
I luv this thread devoid of insults
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Steezz(m): 8:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
Kingmojo:

We haven't missed any major competition while Nigeria has missed both World Cup and african cup. In World Cup the only african team to make it to the group stage. In african cup we have been in the semi finals three straight times.
LMAO!!! Guy calma calma. DId ghana qualify for 2004 AFCON? Also in 2006 u went out in da 1st round...u'v in no way been consistent...win a trophy at least...32yrs is jst too longgggggg bros.
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Gbaragbara: 8:42pm On Oct 17, 2013
adegwurulez: can you boast of watching the blackstars lift any trophy? Whats the reason for supporting a side that cant give you trophies? Ps: there is no trophy for quaterfinalist
mo gbe oooh

you just don't get it,huh? we don't just want any trophy, we want the world cup. afcon is for small small boys like the supa chinchins and all those crap copper bullets or kini ko grin. even egypt that we wired 6-1 has won it 7 times grin

so you can understand why most of our top players don't want to play in afcon,huh? but they are always excited to play in the world cup? why do you think this is the case? look, if you desperately need a trophy, come and get one from me. I will buy one from makola and give it to you, because I can see nigerians are very obsessed with cups and trophies,huh? grin any cup or trophy will do for a nigerian. grin for a Ghanaian, it has to be the world cup or nothing grin

so far, only three african countries have reached the quarter final stage of a world cup. if it was easy nigeria would have reached there after four world cup appearances, abi? some 15, perhaps 20 countries have won afcon in the past- some many times, such as your certified husbands Ghana (four times champions) grin but only 3 have reached the quarters of a world cup in africa. what does that tell you? it means reaching the quarter final of a world cup is far far more difficult and a greater achievement than lifting some useless 'trophy' all in the name of winning a trophy grin

the moment a team reaches the quarter final of the world cup it is regarded as having joined the big boys on the world stage. for example, if Ghana gets to the quarter of the world cup in Brazil, it would not be considered an achievement because we have reached there before. but God forbid, if the supa chinchins, are able to fumble and wobble their way to the quarter final of the world cup ( and I will say a big God forbid to that) won't you people hail them as big achievers after crashing out in round two and not making out of your group at all in previous world cups? grin grin grin fuckeduppedness

1 Like

Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by boron10(m): 8:44pm On Oct 17, 2013
^
Abuwa da papa
Re: Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 by Bpriest(m): 8:52pm On Oct 17, 2013
adegwurulez: Nigeria always boast of decent goalkeepers, i remember the days of ike shorunmu
Cameroon is the African powerhouse in term of d/excellent goalkeepers. Don't even go there.then you can add some north Africa countries

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (Reply)

President George Weah Plays Against Super Eagles In Liberia Match. Photos / 5 World-class Players Who Rarely Get Injured / Ahmed Musa And Juliet Ejue’s Traditional Wedding Holds Today In Ogoja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.