Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,047 members, 7,936,357 topics. Date: Saturday, 31 August 2024 at 11:21 AM

10 Lies Of They Said In Favour/against Christainity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Lies Of They Said In Favour/against Christainity (634 Views)

Many Lies Of Redeem's Adeboye For 2016 / Abroad Must Favour My Family (hilarious Photo) / Any Muslims Who Converted To Christainity? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Lies Of They Said In Favour/against Christainity by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 17, 2013
There some whom you might have come across recently or before,who seems to have prooved to you that the following things are true...I have be working on these for long to be sure, you know what you are
1.SONGS:
A good christain should never listen to world musicMany secular musicians are immensely talented. Secular music can be very entertaining. There are many secular songs that have catchy melodies, thoughtful insights, and positive messages. In determining whether or not to listen to secular music, there are three primary factors to consider: 1) the purpose of music, 2) the style of music, and 3) the content of the lyrics.

1) The purpose of music. Is music designed solely for worship, or did God also intend music to be soothing and/or entertaining? The most famous musician in the Bible, King David, primarily used music for the purpose of worshipping God). So, while the primary purpose of music does seem to be worship, the Bible definitely allows for other uses of music.
2) The style of music. Sadly, the issue of music styles can be very divisive among Christians. There are Christians who adamantly demand that no musical instruments be used. There are Christians who only desire to sing the “old faithful” hymns. There are Christians who want more upbeat and contemporary music. There are Christians who claim to worship best in a “rock concert” type of environment. Instead of recognizing these differences as personal preferences and cultural distinctions, some Christians declare their preferred style of music to be the only “biblical” one and declare all other forms of music to be unwholesome, ungodly, or even satanic.
The Bible nowhere condemns any particular style of music. The Bible nowhere declares any particular musical instrument to be ungodly. The Bible mentions numerous kinds of string instruments and wind instruments. While the Bible does not specifically mention drums, it does mention other percussion instruments ( Psalm 68:25; Ezra 3:10). Nearly all of the forms of modern music are variations and/or combinations of the same types of musical instruments, played at different speeds or with heightened emphasis. There is no biblical basis to declare any particular style of music to be ungodly or outside of God’s will.
3) The content of the lyrics. Since neither the purpose of music nor the style of music determines whether a Christian should listen to secular music, the content of the lyrics must be considered. While not specifically speaking of music, Philippians 4:8is an excellent guide for musical lyrics: “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.” If we should be thinking about such things, surely those are the things we should invite into our minds through music and lyrics. Can the lyrics in a secular song be true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy? If so, then there is nothing wrong with a Christian listening to a secular song of that nature.
However, much of secular music does not meet the standard of Philippians 4:8. Secular music often promotes immorality and violence while belittling purity and integrity. If a song glorifies what opposes God, a Christian should not listen to it. However, there are many secular songs with no mention of God that still uphold godly values such as honesty, purity, and integrity. If a love song promotes the sanctity of marriage and/or the purity of true love—even if it does not mention God or the Bible—it can still be listened to and enjoyed.
Whatever a person allows to occupy his mind will sooner or later determine his speech and his actions. This is the premise behind Philippians 4:8and Colossians 3:2, 5: establishing wholesome thought patterns. Second Corinthians 10:5says we should “take captive every thought and make it obedient to Christ.” These Scriptures give a clear picture of the kind of music we should not listen to.
Obviously, the best kind of music is that which praises and glorifies God. Talented Christian musicians work in nearly every musical genre, ranging from classical to rock, rap, and reggae. There is nothing inherently wrong with any particular style of music. It is the lyrics that determine whether a song is “acceptable” for a Christian to listen to. If anything leads you to think about or get involved in something that does not glorify God, it should be avoided
http://www.gotquestions.org/secular-music.html
Re: 10 Lies Of They Said In Favour/against Christainity by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 17, 2013
CLOTHING IS NOT A FUNCTION OF WHO YOU ARE
"Mom, you just don't understand. All the girls at school wear short skirts and shorts," Susan tearfully pleaded. "If I were to dress the way you wanted, I would look like a geek," she further added.
"Honey, I am not asking you to dress like a bag lady," Susan's mother replied. "I just want you to dress in manner that is pleasing to God. Remember, you are a Christian and have a duty to dress in such a fashion that reflects a godly life style."
Undoubtedly, this conversation is repeated numerously throughout many Christian homes. Especially at this time of year. What do parents do? Unfortunately, many parents simply give in to keep peace. To justify their lack of courage, they argue, "Everyone wears this type of clothing these days, no one thinks anything about it, except old fuddy-duddies in the church." The interesting thing is that none of these parents ever seem to consider what God's views on the matter might be. Besides, it's easier to just "go with the flow." " This, "going with the flow," is getting us into a lot of trouble in the church. In many places it is becoming increasingly difficult to tell the difference between the church and the world.
To complicate matters even more for parents, in every congregation there are always a few men or women who appear at worship services in extremely immodest clothing. Young people are very good at pointing this out to their parents. A very shrewd teenage girl may conclude that short skirts and shorts are acceptable since older women appear at worship services in such clothing, and are never criticized by the elders or the men of the congregation.
I just don't understand the attitude of some Christians. Their natural inclination seems always to be worldly. They never stop to consider what dressing in immodest clothing might do to their influence as a Christian. If Christians were as concerned about their Christian reputation as they are about their worldly reputation, these types of discussions wouldn't be necessary. Take a look at the following verses which reflect how a Christian should value his/her godly image:
That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world (Phil. 2:15).
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God (Rom. 12:2).
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven (Matt. 5:16).
How can a Christian possibly comply with the above passages when he/she appears in public dressed in immodest apparel But, that's the real question, isn't it? What is immodest apparel? Many in the church believe that is purely a matter of opinion. That no one can definitively state what is appropriate or inappropriate in clothing. That's convenient isn't it! However, I believe the Bible gives us some insight and perspective on this matter.
A Biblical Definition of unclothedness
It is important that we realize that the manner in which we dress reflects the attitude of our heart. In other words, people evaluate us by the type of clothing we wear. For instance, in Proverbs 7:10 we read of a woman that is, "dressed as a harlot." What does that mean? Apparently, this woman was dressed in such a way any man would know what her true intentions were. This is true even today. In many cities there are women that dress in a revealing, seductive way to capture the attention of men. Should a Christian woman dress in a similar fashion?
In contrast, in 1 Timothy 2: 9 we can read how women are, " to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly." Some people have mistakenly concluded that this means a woman is to dress in a 19th century manner. This is ridiculous! With the numerous types of clothing styles that are available today, a woman has no trouble dressing fashionably and modestlyhttp://www.truthmagazine.com/archives/volume39/GOT039121.html
Re: 10 Lies Of They Said In Favour/against Christainity by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 17, 2013
NO HEAVEN AND HELL?
Atheism: Some atheists believe there is no heaven—no afterlife at all. Upon death, people simply cease to exist. Others attempt to define the afterlife using quantum mechanics and other scientific methods.
Baha’i: Like many other religions, Baha’i doesn’t teach that man was born with a sin nature or that man needs saving from evil. Man simply needs saving from his erroneous beliefs of how the world works and how he is to interact with the world. God sent messengers to explain to people how to come to this knowledge: Abraham, Krishna, Zoroaster, Moses, Buddha, Jesus, Muhammad, and Baha’u’llah. These prophets progressively revealed the nature of God to the world. Upon death, a person’s soul continues its spiritual journey, perhaps through the states known as heaven and hell, until it comes to a final resting point, united with god.
Buddhism: Buddhism also believes that heaven, or “Nirvana,” is to be rejoined in spirit with god. Reaching Nirvana, a transcendental, blissful, spiritual state, requires following the Eightfold Path. This includes understanding the universe, and acting, speaking, and living in the right manner and with the right intentions. Mastering these and the other eight paths will return a worshipper’s spirit to god.
Chinese Religion: Chinese Religion is not an organized church, but an amalgamation of different religions and beliefs including Taoism and Buddhism. Upon death, worshipers are judged. The good are sent either to a Buddhist paradise or a Tao dwelling place. The bad are sent to hell for a period of time and then reincarnated.
Christianity: Christianity is the only religion that teaches man can do nothing to earn or pay his way into heaven. Man, a slave to the sin nature he was born with, must completely rely on the grace of God in applying Jesus Christ’s sacrifice to the sins of the believer. Upon death, the spirits of Christians go to a temporary paradise, while the spirits of unbelievers go to another temporary holding place. At the final judgment, Christians are given a new body and spend eternity with God in paradise, while unbelievers are separated from God for eternity in hell.
Confucianism: Confucianism concentrates on appropriate behavior in life, not a future heaven. The afterlife is unknowable, so all effort should be made to make this life the best it can be, to honor ancestors, and to respect elders.
Eastern Orthodox: Orthodoxy is a Christian-Judeo derivative that reinterprets key Scripture verses in such a way that works become essential to reach heaven. They believe faith in Jesus is necessary for salvation, but where Christianity teaches that becoming more Christ-like is the result of Christ’s influence in a believer’s life. Orthodoxy teaches that it is a part of the salvation process. As a result, they believe if that process (calledtheosis) is not performed appropriately, a worshiper can lose his/her salvation. After death, the devout live in an intermediate state where thistheosiscan be completed. Those who have belief but did not accomplish sufficient progress intheosisare sent to a temporary “direful condition” and will go to hell unless the living devout pray and complete acts of mercy on their behalf. After final judgment, the devout are sent to heaven and the others to hell. Heaven and hell are not locations, but reactions to being in the presence of God, as there is nowhere that He is not present. For Christ-followers, God’s presence is paradise, but for the unsaved, being with God is eternal torment.
Hinduism: Hinduism is similar to Buddhism. Salvation (or Moksha) is reached when the worshiper is freed from the cycle of reincarnation, and his spirit becomes one with god. One becomes free by ridding oneself of bad karma—the effect of evil action or evil intent. This can be done in three different ways: through selfless devotion to and service of a particular god, through understanding the nature of the universe, or by mastering the actions needed to fully appease the gods.
In a religion with over a million different gods, there are differences of opinion regarding the nature of salvation. The advaita believe salvation occurs when one can strip away the false self and make the soul indistinguishable from that of god. The dualist insists that one’s soul always retains its own identity even as it is joined with god.
Islam: Islam is a take-off on the Christian/Judeo God. Muslims believe salvation comes to those who obey Allah sufficiently that good deeds outweigh the bad. Muslims hope that repeating what Muhammad did and said will be enough to get to heaven, but they also recite extra prayers, fast, go on pilgrimages, and perform good works in hope of tipping the scales. Martyrdom in service to Allah is the only work guaranteed to send a worshiper to paradise
Re: 10 Lies Of They Said In Favour/against Christainity by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 17, 2013
No trinity:My simple response to that what happened to these verses

Matthew 28:19- Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
1 Corinthians 8:6- But to us [there is but] one God, the Father, of whom [are] all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom [are] all things, and we by him.
John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Genesis 1:26- And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
John 1:14- And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
1 John 5:7-8- For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. (Read More...)
Deuteronomy 6:4- Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:
Philippians 2:5-8- Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: (Read More...)
John 14:26- But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 1:1-51- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. (Read More...)
Matthew 3:17- And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
James 1:13- Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
2 Corinthians 13:14- The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, [be] with you all. Amen. ([The second [epistle] to the Corinthians was written from Philippi, [a city] of Macedonia, by Titus and Lucas.])
Acts 5:3-4- But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back [part] of the price of the land? (Read More...)
John 15:26- But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
John 10:30-36- I and [my] Father are one. (Read More...)
John 10:30- I and [my] Father are one.
John 3:16- For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 1:3- All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
Luke 1:35- And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Re: 10 Lies Of They Said In Favour/against Christainity by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 17, 2013
Prayer to mary.
No matter what peter and paul did nobody worships them,Moses was great but was never worshiped no matter your believe about Mary you should never worship her because she was a vessel just like samson's mother was...nor should you pray to her...it is defiling the commandment in Exodus 20:3 ...do not have any other god aside me
Re: 10 Lies Of They Said In Favour/against Christainity by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 17, 2013
NO GOD
As pastor olu T said
the day you define or get the beginning of God that is the day he stop existing or that is the day he no longer becomes God because the unseen things are permanent
Re: 10 Lies Of They Said In Favour/against Christainity by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 17, 2013
THAT GOD CANNOT COME DOWN TO HELP MEN
there are various examples of people seeing people they term as angels but the best i can give is that of Pastor Adeboye's testimony where he said he told God to come and eat and before he finshed praying there was no food there again,he was surprised and God told him he was the one who ate it....

Another case is the case of Paul and silas ...their gate were opened what about the which happened at our Berger in Nigeria here...where a man who was just coming from a Mountain after serious prayer and fasting was helped by a man;The man gave him house,money,Car...the next day they did not see the man in the house he said he was living
MY CHURCH
people are always after their loyalty to a church that always deaf,sometimes, to when God wants them to leave to another ministry.They are always calling a place my chirch and that is why C.A.C and redeem are always beside themselve but none of them want to remember that the work is of God not of their work ...these belief makes them go to extremes stop following these lies

There is the lie that a church belongs to us,this our church this is my church...and all that which is not suppose to be ...we are presently living in world that people do not want to listen to God's directive on their chirch...they want to remain loyal not minding if God wants them out for other purpose...

ONCE SAVED FOREVER SAVED
this is a joke because people are won away from the things of God ,most times they are always still in the fold but they have gone astray why do we always have reconcilation if not of the fact they have lsot their salvation

Our spirit walks around after death
If you have seen anybody you know after they were meant to be dead,i bet you are seeing a demon..Become hebrews 9:27 says
'It is appointed unto men to die once but after this the judgement...just watch out for that
Re: 10 Lies Of They Said In Favour/against Christainity by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 17, 2013
Divepen: THAT GOD CANNOT COME DOWN TO HELP MEN
there are various examples of people seeing people they term as angels but the best i can give is that of [size=30pt]Pastor Adeboye's testimony where he said he told God to come and eat and before he finshed praying there was no food there again,he was surprised and God told him he was the one who ate it[/size]....
[img]http://2.bp..com/-bWDgGsu3pog/T-uU3yOZFvI/AAAAAAAAAMw/6Bx6wcwLsAs/s1600/mother_of_god.jpg[/img]

2 Likes

Re: 10 Lies Of They Said In Favour/against Christainity by ednut1(m): 7:56am On Oct 17, 2013
If u didn't read more dan 5 lines, click like

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Halloween: The Ultimate Trick Or Treat / I Am God / Should Christians Celebrate Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.