Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,263 members, 7,960,897 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 11:45 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461432 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 8:33am On Nov 15, 2013
Walspring:

Nope you wont pay another sevis cos the sevis fee is valid for 1 year..

What you can do is for you to move the sevis payment to another sevis ID and it has basic rules and how you will do it yourself

The basic rules for moving a SEVIS I-901 fee payment between SEVIS ID numbers are:

The SEVIS I-901 fee must be moved between SEVIS ID numbers for the same individual

An additional SEVIS I-901 fee is not required (For more information, see the section, Do I pay the fee?)

The SEVIS I-901 fee amount for the new school or program must be less than or equal to the SEVIS I-901 fee already paid (see the Fee Amount Chart)

Only the student or exchange visitor may request the move

Tips on how you can

If you want to transfer the SEVIS I-901 fee payment information from one SEVIS ID number to another, you need to mail or e-mail SEVP. SEVP will consider your request and determine if the fee can be transferred. See the section on the basic rules for transferring fees.

Put Fee Transfer in the subject line of your request. Give us your name, date of birth, the SEVIS ID number that you originally paid on and the SEVIS ID number you want to transfer the payment to, as well as a current, valid address Explain why the fee needs to be transferred. It will help speed your request if you include a copy of your receipt number. Include information on how to contact you if there are any questions.

SEVP will review your request and determine if the fee can be transferred. If your request is approved, you will receive an email or letter indicating that you can now print your updated I-901 payment confirmation at www.fmjfee.com reflecting the SEVIS ID from your new Form I-20 or DS-2019.

Follow the link below on how you can request that SEVP move your fee payment for more info..

http://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/faq7.htm#_Toc81222150
keep it up bro, you are on your way to the top
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:03am On Nov 15, 2013
kunlebal:
keep it up bro, you are on your way to the top

Amen!!! And thanks bro!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by filanid: 3:33pm On Nov 15, 2013
Hello, pls am New on nairaland and I have just be admitted to western Kentucky university for graduate studies for spring 2014. I want to pay for SEVIS, can I pay via western union here in Nigeria? + any advice and key things I had prepare as per interview. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
filanid: Hello, pls am New on nairaland and I have just be admitted to western Kentucky university for graduate studies for spring 2014. I want to pay for SEVIS, can I pay via western union here in Nigeria? + any advice and key things I had prepare as per interview. Thank you

Congrats on ur admission! You can't pay the SEVIS fee in Naija.

It's either you get someone abroad to pay for you through WUquickpay. Or go down to Cotonou or erm err erm send me a PM if you can't get either of the 2 done.

Goodluck!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:04pm On Nov 15, 2013
@Lentywilly, Sorry I have been unable to respond to your Pm due to the difficulties I'm facing in sending out messages with the email I used in opening my Nairaland Account.

Kindly, Send me a PM again and include your email address, so I can get back to you with my second email and respond to your enquiry.

Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by filanid: 4:14pm On Nov 15, 2013
Ok o@Amefrica, I can't get.either of both...pls can I get ur email pls n pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
filanid: Hello, pls am New on nairaland and I have just be admitted to western Kentucky university for graduate studies for spring 2014. I want to pay for SEVIS, can I pay via western union here in Nigeria? + any advice and key things I had prepare as per interview. Thank you

You have to prepare yourself mentally. Also read through few interviews posted in previous pages. Probably go through part 4 of this thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 4:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
baby Ms Nas kiss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by filanid: 4:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
imperiouxx:

You have to prepare yourself mentally. Also read through few interviews posted in previous pages. Probably go through part 4 of this thread.

Okay,thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
@Amefrica, check ur facebook inbox. Have been so busy today working like a donkey.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 15, 2013
De Tus: @Amefrica, check ur facebook inbox. Have been so busy today working like a donkey.

Yes Sir! Right away..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by akay48(m): 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
Please house, where can I get a cheap one way travel ticket to the US. I mean really cheap one oo. Thanks in anticipation
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
@Akay, check WAKANOW. I don't know if they've repented. Tickets wouldn't be so expensive now coz it's winter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Junipero: 7:09pm On Nov 15, 2013
Dear friends.. please on which page could i find the experiences/testimonies of others during their interview at the embassy? Thanks alot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by hannahmoyan: 7:38pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by sevule(m): 9:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
Hi Guys
I am quite new in the travel section of nairaland and I must say tha I am thoroughly impressed. You guys are like one big family and everybody is genuinely concerned about evreybody else. That said I need the advice of the gurus in the house and I hope that you would be able to spare some time to help a brother out. Here goes:

I have scheduled a visa appointment but I am a little confused cos of my situation.

1. I have an online masters degree from a school in America but I haven't been to America before. I am wondering if i should tell the VOs about this but from the advice you guys were giving on the forum it appears that this may actually work against me. My fear is that if I do tell the VO he would want to know why I want to pursue another degree and would ask why I dont want to do it online again. Should I reveal the info about my masters degree?

2. I have a full scholarship that covers tuition and expenses(this is why i want to travel for my second masters).I did TOEFL and GRE back then but the TOEFL is expired. Is it okay if I present the GRE alone when the VO requests for standardized test? Would the lack of TOEFL count against me?

I finished school 2007 and I have been working since then. Any other advice would be most welcome. I await to hear from all the gurus in the house if they can spare the time.

Thanks a mill!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:24pm On Nov 15, 2013
sevule: Hi Guys
I am quite new in the travel section of nairaland and I must say tha I am thoroughly impressed. You guys are like one big family and everybody is genuinely concerned about evreybody else. That said I need the advice of the gurus in the house and I hope that you would be able to spare some time to help a brother out. Here goes:

I have scheduled a visa appointment but I am a little confused cos of my situation.

1. I have an online masters degree from a school in America but I haven't been to America before. I am wondering if i should tell the VOs about this but from the advice you guys were giving on the forum it appears that this may actually work against me. My fear is that if I do tell the VO he would want to know why I want to pursue another degree and would ask why I dont want to do it online again. Should I reveal the info about my masters degree?

2. I have a full scholarship that covers tuition and expenses(this is why i want to travel for my second masters).I did TOEFL and GRE back then but the TOEFL is expired. Is it okay if I present the GRE alone when the VO requests for standardized test? Would the lack of TOEFL count against me?

I finished school 2007 and I have been working since then. Any other advice would be most welcome. I await to hear from all the gurus in the house if they can spare the time.

Thanks a mill!!

Bro just be truthful with everything u will fill and say to the VO even though the bible still says the truth shall set u free and also find a good reason to back up every truthful things you will fill and tell the VO. Just wait for other to add more
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 15, 2013
Walspring:

Bro just be truthful with everything u will fill and say to the VO even though the bible still says the truth shall set u free and also find a good reason to back up every truthful things you will fill and tell the VO. Just wait for other to add more

I concur! But the truth normally doesn't work @ the embassy. God sef know.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:31pm On Nov 15, 2013
akay_47: Please house, where can I get a cheap one way travel ticket to the US. I mean really cheap one oo. Thanks in anticipation

Bro google is the best way and i suggest u flight to NY first wic will cost below 130k and from NY u fly to your destination wic will cost below or around $200 (32k) which is the state where your school is located and by doing that it wont cost u much comparing to direct fly from Lagos to the state where your school is located wic will cost over 180k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Amefrica:

I concur! But the truth normally doesn't work @ the embassy. God sef know.

Ha...!!!! Bro nah you talk so but at times God knows why and how he does his things and let no man question...

Make God help us!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 15, 2013
Walspring:

Ha...!!!! Bro nah you talk so but at times God knows why and how he does his things and let no man question...

Make God help us!!

Amen! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 9:59pm On Nov 15, 2013
De Tus: @Akay, check WAKANOW. I don't know if they've repented. Tickets wouldn't be so expensive now coz it's winter.
Pally what's wrong with wakanow becos am planning to book my ticket through them, so tell me the issue before I enter one chance Oº°˚˚°ºo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
kunlebal:
Pally what's wrong with wakanow becos am planning to book my ticket through them, so tell me the issue before I enter one chance Oº°˚˚°ºo

Bro you wont enter one chance.. I am sure that guy read an article or thread about wakanow fucking people up whenever people patronise them such as canceling people's flight blah blah blah...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 10:54pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:40pm On Nov 15, 2013
This post has been eaten
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 1:17am On Nov 16, 2013
imperiouxx: baby Ms Nas kiss
Ewo la ri gbo oo! grin grin
Cold wan kee me for here, you dey call Baby Ms Nas! angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:24am On Nov 16, 2013
Ms Nas:
Ewo la ri gbo oo! grin grin
Cold wan kee me for here, you dey call Baby Ms Nas! angry

4 divided by 2 kiss

Let's make it fast. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 4:06am On Nov 16, 2013
imperiouxx:

4 divided by 2 kiss

Let's make it fast. wink
Which kain stylee be that? undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 4:33am On Nov 16, 2013
Walspring:

Bro you wont enter one chance.. I am sure that guy read an article or thread about wakanow fucking people up whenever people patronise them such as canceling people's flight blah blah blah...
Ok bro thank, I will be coming to ipaja command side next week saturday maybe we fit hook up. You got mail bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:45am On Nov 16, 2013
kunlebal:
Ok bro thank, I will be coming to ipaja command side next week saturday maybe we fit hook up. You got mail bro

Ok bro.. I hope say nah celebration galore u dey come do for me oo.. Its a pity that i dont drink..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 5:02am On Nov 16, 2013
Walspring:

Ok bro.. I hope say nah celebration galore u dey come do for me oo.. Its a pity that i dont drink..
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.