Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,312 members, 7,961,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 September 2024 at 02:30 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (461435 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
mikemillz: @Rozay thanks for the anser but i applied to one of the colleges not university, so do i still need it and how do i go about it, ma visa appointment date is Jan 2nd and is it possible i can sit for such exam and get the result before that time, am a bit confuse here, please help

I replied your mail..do u get it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
mikemillz: @Rozay thanks for the anser but i applied to one of the colleges not university, so do i still need it and how do i go about it, ma visa appointment date is Jan 2nd and is it possible i can sit for such exam and get the result before that time, am a bit confuse here, please help

Which college did you apply to? I hope it is NOT a 2-year community college?

You CANNOT sit for the exam anymore, as the next SAT exam will hold on the 25th of January 2014, and by that period, you would have already gone for your visa interview.

Students taking the SAT test in January 2014 are those ones who plan on enrolling for the Summer or FAll 2014 semester.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
ikaboy: well done Gurus.

Please am tidying my supporting documents against Nov 26 interview. it seems am kind of confused with my sponsor's supporting documents am to come with. My sponsor is a business owner. Aside from the CAC, tax clearance, bank statement, is their any other document? again, is the bank statement going to be the coy bank corporate bank statement or his personal bank statement.

Further counsel to make Nov 26 a remarkable day will be welcomed.

I hope you are really getting warmed up for your Visa interview which is slated in 6 days time. Make sure you skim through the previous pages of Nairaland and read people's success stories and Denial stories so you should gain and learn things from it and know what you should look at for and also what you should avoid.

Given that your visa interview is very close in 6 days time, if I were you, I will start reading from part 4 of this thread, because you need to read more updated formats and questions being asked from students @ the US Embassy so you can gain your CONFIDENCE. CONFIDENCE IS key to US visa interview success.

Regarding your enquiry, what is written on your i-20 as source of funds?

IF company funds or the company's name is written as source of funds on your i-20, MAKE SURE you go to the Embassy with the company's bank statement BUT if "Family" or your "Sponsor's Name" is written on your i-20 as source of funds, then you will go to the embassy with a Bank statement which has your sponsor's name BOLDLY WRITTEN on it.

Pls DON'T do otherwise as I have mentioned, so you DON'T GET DENIED @ the Embassy for Inconsistency in your records.

NB: I don't think it is a good idea to tell the VO that your sponsor's company is sponsoring you, because you will have to do a very hard job in trying to convince the VO why a company will want to sponsor you and spend all their resources on you and what will they stand to gain in return.

If you can work hard enough in convincing the VO when you use that company's route, then you should be okay, BUT if otherwise, I will suggest you stick with the normal way, which is to tell em your Uncle/Aunty or Father/ Mother is sponsoring you, Even though you are taking any of the above mentioned people's company's bank statement to the Embassy, it doesn't mean you will have to tell them their company is sponsoring, you can still claim any of the above people are your MAIN sponsor.

BUT is your i-20 Reads just "SPONSOR" as source of funds, then I must say you are lucky to have what I call the MAGIC I-20. grin. This is all rounder. grin. Which means you can use any kind of bank statement, whether the Bank statement of Family funds or Company funds or a Bank statement in your sponsor's Name, they will all be ACCEPTABLE.

Because when I went for my Visa interview, "Sponsor" was written on my i-20 as source of funds and i told the VO my Uncle is sponsoring me, and I gave her my Uncle's Company's Bank statement and it was ACCEPTABLE..

NB: The Only Supporting document you just need from your sponsor is his BANK STATEMENT and LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP, But if he still gives you his company's certificate, tax clearance, e.t.c, still go along with it, but I bet you, the VO won't demand to see any of those docs, ONLY your sponsor's Bank statement will be requested from you. But NEVER show the VO any document unless requested.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
^^^ Who dey obstruct my view for here. angry you don summarize the whole thread from part 1 already. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2013

Am I interpreting this fine?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gracious17: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
@ikaboy; what's CAC
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
gracious17: @ikaboy; what's CAC

CAC is Cooperate Affairs Commission. That's the body that is in charge of registration of companies in Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by frankie2K(m): 7:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
Na waaaaaaa, no body want give detailed advise to my previous post. are they any gurus in da house again,haba. please i am searching seriously for schools that accept HND for masters in the US,please if any one know,make him help me with the list of schools,i will appreciate it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 7:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
Amefrica: ^^^ Who dey obstruct my view for here. angry you don summarize the whole thread from part 1 already. grin

This ibadan boi, you are a Case study. cheesycheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 7:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
frankie2K: Na waaaaaaa, no body want give detailed advise to my previous post. are they any gurus in da house again,haba. please i am searching seriously for schools that accept HND for masters in the US,please if any one know,make him help me with the list of schools,i will appreciate it

Bro try use google search cos most people in the house nowadays are going for UG and only few Graduate students are in the house cos most of them their schedules are tight for now.. Maybe u should pm the likes of bigfrancis, imperioiuxx, kunlebal, etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
@amefrica @walspring,D sevi number start with N nd it 10 digits number,d school code given to me is 6090,university of central missouri.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
JFK12: @amefrica @walspring,D sevi number start with N nd it 10 digits number,d school code given to me is 6090,university of central missouri.

Well, since it's what's on ur I-20. Then it is

Ricky Rozay:

This ibadan boi, you are a Case study. cheesycheesy

grin grin lol

frankie2K: Na waaaaaaa, no body want give detailed advise to my previous post. are they any gurus in da house again,haba. please i am searching seriously for schools that accept HND for masters in the US,please if any one know,make him help me with the list of schools,i will appreciate it

Search schools and ask them bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
JFK12: @house,I jt collected my sevi number nd skool code from d skool as instructed by ROZAY,but code given to me was d same as d skool toefl code,Is that d same code I need for booking my interview appointment ? Was confused and nid house monsters to clarify this for me.Tnx

Your School code should look like this for example - SPM214*****6058.

While your sevis code should look like this for example - N0033****965.

The First 3 digits of most school code usually starts with letters.

If otherwise, then you need to contact your school back and explain better to em. I guess they misunderstood you. Because I see no reason why you will need the TOEFL code at this stage when you intend hitting the embassy soon.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by JFK12: 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote author=Amefrica]

Well, since it's what's on ur I-20. Then it is

I have not receive my I-20,d numbers was called for me on phone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 8:56pm On Nov 20, 2013
JFK12: @amefrica @walspring,D sevi number start with N nd it 10 digits number,d school code given to me is 6090,university of central missouri.

The Sevis Number given to you is CORRECT, that is how it looks like BUT your school code is INCORRECT.

I think most school code starts with the first 3 digits as letters and the remaining will be in Numbers.

Maybe your school didn't get what you said through the phone, I think you should email em and explain better to em, so they can fully understand.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 9:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2013

Yes u right abt the sevis number but that 6090 code should be the exam code of ur schol for TOEFL/SAT.

Your real school code is combination of numbers and alphabets. Assuming u mention ur school name and its location here i would have check a file that i download via dhs/sevis that contain list of schools in usa with their code.

If u cant drop us school name i advise u to use google and search like this ''school code for california state university fresno' after search u can drop the code u see and i can confirm it on via the list with me.

Also email your school for the school code, maybe the person thought u are asking for the school code for TOEFL/SAT. Just tell the person that u want the school code that was written on your I-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ikaboy: 10:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

I hope you are really getting warmed up for your Visa interview which is slated in 6 days time. Make sure you skim through the previous pages of Nairaland and read people's success stories and Denial stories so you should gain and learn things from it and know what you should look at for and also what you should avoid.

Given that your visa interview is very close in 6 days time, if I were you, I will start reading from part 4 of this thread, because you need to read more updated formats and questions being asked from students @ the US Embassy so you can gain your CONFIDENCE. CONFIDENCE IS key to US visa interview success.

Regarding your enquiry, what is written on your i-20 as source of funds?

IF company funds or the company's name is written as source of funds on your i-20, MAKE SURE you go to the Embassy with the company's bank statement BUT if "Family" or your "Sponsor's Name" is written on your i-20 as source of funds, then you will go to the embassy with a Bank statement which has your sponsor's name BOLDLY WRITTEN on it.

Pls DON'T do otherwise as I have mentioned, so you DON'T GET DENIED @ the Embassy for Inconsistency in your records.

NB: I don't think it is a good idea to tell the VO that your sponsor's company is sponsoring you, because you will have to do a very hard job in trying to convince the VO why a company will want to sponsor you and spend all their resources on you and what will they stand to gain in return.

If you can work hard enough in convincing the VO when you use that company's route, then you should be okay, BUT if otherwise, I will suggest you stick with the normal way, which is to tell em your Uncle/Aunty or Father/ Mother is sponsoring you, Even though you are taking any of the above mentioned people's company's bank statement to the Embassy, it doesn't mean you will have to tell them their company is sponsoring, you can still claim any of the above people are your MAIN sponsor.

BUT is your i-20 Reads just "SPONSOR" as source of funds, then I must say you are lucky to have what I call the MAGIC I-20. grin. This is all rounder. grin. Which means you can use any kind of bank statement, whether the Bank statement of Family funds or Company funds or a Bank statement in your sponsor's Name, they will all be ACCEPTABLE.

Because when I went for my Visa interview, "Sponsor" was written on my i-20 as source of funds and i told the VO my Uncle is sponsoring me, and I gave her my Uncle's Company's Bank statement and it was ACCEPTABLE..

NB: The Only Supporting document you just need from your sponsor is his BANK STATEMENT and LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP, But if he still gives you his company's certificate, tax clearance, e.t.c, still go along with it, but I bet you, the VO won't demand to see any of those docs, ONLY your sponsor's Bank statement will be requested from you. But NEVER show the VO any document unless requested.

Thanks bro. it seems u didnt get me well as i am yet to be cleared. My sponsor is my mum who happens to own a private clinic. Do i go with her clinic bank statement or her personal bank statement?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
ikaboy:

Thanks bro. it seems u didnt get me well as i am yet to be cleared. My sponsor is my mum who happens to own a private clinic. Do i go with her clinic bank statement or her personal bank statement?

Go with her personal bank statement cos it's her own savings that she can spend on herself and her family only but if you go with her clinic bank statement the VO will think that after paying her staffs,rent and bills for her office, tax(es) how much will she have left to use and sponsor your education is the usa. I hope this help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ikaboy: 10:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
Thanks Walspring. Again, do i have to notarized the sponsorship letter? As a worker, should my employer study leave letter be addressed to me or the US consular?
Walspring:

Go with her personal bank statement cos it's her own savings that she can spend on herself and her family only but if you go with her clinic bank statement the VO will think that after paying her staffs,rent and bills for her office, tax(es) how much will she have left to use and sponsor your education is the usa. I hope this help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
ikaboy:

Nor dey quote dis guy's whole post again.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by UNIXLover(m): 11:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
Hello guys.
I made a payment for application fees. I got deducted already but the transaction returned an error that it was not successful.So my application could not be submitted.

What do I do in this situation?

Thanks fam.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 11:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
ikaboy: Thanks Walspring. Again, do i have to notarized the sponsorship letter? As a worker, should my employer study leave letter be addressed to me or the US consular?
You don't need to notarized sponsorship letter, just print it on her company letterhead and let her sign n stamp it. Your leave letter should be address to you not the embassy but your company introduction letter should be address to the embassy, I hope this help. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ikaboy: 11:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
Finally, what are the vital documents to submit to the VO when they ask for your documents? This question is arising having been advised from gurus in da house not to be over zealous by presenting all docs.
kunlebal:
You don't need to notarized sponsorship letter, just print it on her company letterhead and let her sign n stamp it. Your leave letter should be address to you not the embassy but your company introduction letter should be address to the embassy, I hope this help. Cheers
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
UNIXLover: Hello guys.
I made a payment for application fees. I got deducted already but the transaction returned an error that it was not successful.So my application could not be submitted.

What do I do in this situation?

Thanks fam.

Well sorry about that but i will advise you to contact your school and inform them.. Also contact your bank too but am sure your bank will tell you what to do in order to get your refund back.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
ikaboy: Finally, what are the vital documents to submit to the VO when they ask for your documents? This question is arising having been advised from gurus in da house not to be over zealous by presenting all docs.

You dont submit documents to VO but VO will ask you which of the document he/she would like to see and check.

My advise for you is to take all your documents along cos there is no crime in taking it inside the embassy.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:36am On Nov 21, 2013
ikaboy:

that looooooooong thing!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 3:24am On Nov 21, 2013
hey guys. I need help asap. im a newbie on the thread. nice to meet u guys. ok, im all set for an interview, my start d8 is the 3rd of Jan 2013. got an appointment for the 21st of jan 2014. got approved for an emergency date in Abuja, which is valid till the 2nd of Dec, 2012. I'ved logged into my portal n cancelled the previous appointment, but I still cant see earlier d8s. tried kolling customer care, but mtn keeps telling me that I cant call the number. pls help!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by jcaribie: 3:25am On Nov 21, 2013
valid till Dec 2, 2013*
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:28am On Nov 21, 2013
imperiouxx:

that looooooooong thing!

Meself fear ooooo. shocked Don't know why he didn't understand, because I explained everythin to him and gave him various infos and examples in my post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:31am On Nov 21, 2013
ikaboy:

I explained everythin to you in my post. I think walspring has replied you already. You would be much better off with her clinic's bank statement.

But Before I decide on which kind of bank statement you should take to the embassy, kindly let us know what was written on your i-20 as source of funds?

So we can know the appropriate Bank statement you should use, so you don't complicate issues for yourself.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.