Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,828 members, 7,962,709 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 03:08 PM

Why Are Nigerian Churches So Noisy? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Nigerian Churches So Noisy? (486 Views)

Nigerian Churches, Others Causing Increased Witchcraft Persecution In UK – Group / 22 Noisy Churches Shut Down In Lagos State / Why Are Some Churches So Competitive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nigerian Churches So Noisy? by mmsen: 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
Why are they noisy?

Is it necessary for them to blast their audience and those who live nearby with their noise?

Are there no public nuisance laws in Nigeria? Do people not prompt the churches to be considerate of the neighbors?

What happened to 'Love thy neighbor as you love thyself'?
Re: Why Are Nigerian Churches So Noisy? by pendusky(m): 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2013
some one ask this same question years bck, i didnt say anything but am asking him that same question now, u knw why? coz hes now a pastor, am sure i will ask u the same even if u will become imam why the noise on the air during service na only party music u wan hear for ur backyrd? SMH
Re: Why Are Nigerian Churches So Noisy? by mmsen: 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2013
I'm in area that is very quiet. No heavy traffic, no bars, nightclubs or any other kind of distraction - the hotels nearby are quiet, respectable places. The primary nuisance factor in this neighborhood is the church. In fact, there are two churches but the noise appears to emanate from only one (a branch of Redeemed Christian Church of God).

If one of my neighbors elected to host a party every other day I'm sure that the others neighbors would have something to say. Sadly, because the cause of the noise is a church nothing is said or done.
Re: Why Are Nigerian Churches So Noisy? by Illuminatus(m): 12:38pm On Oct 20, 2013
Good question. There's a particular church that holds on the other side of the fence in my house. They hold activities almost everyday. They singing (or should I say crocking) is very disturbing.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Please Run For Your Life:only Jesus Can I Answer This Questions / Have You Praised God This Morning / “all Catholics Will Go To Hell” – Rev. Chris Okotie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.