Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,698 members, 7,889,223 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 05:56 AM

.. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / .. (1506 Views)

This Is So Unfair To Omodolapo Yetunde. Very Pathetic Story. / Why Are There So Many Unfair Standards Against Girls And Women? / What Has Life Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by proselector: 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2013
thanks for your advice and concern God bless you
Re: .. by ifyalways(f): 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2013
Do you believe God exists? Have you tried relating to him,opening up your heart to him,cry to him for mercy and favor?

God works and never fails !

Men,including pastors,parents and best friends fail and cannot give you that which you seek soooo,I urge you to go to God(not any pastor oh),he alone can re-write your story for you.

Wish you all the best.
Btw,do you mean you sold your HP(laptop) for mere 5K? Why

3 Likes

Re: .. by eripecs(f): 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2013
No one is exempted from the battles of life. I put myself in your shoes and know exactly how you feel. Am so so sorry u have to go thru all these but there is a way out-JESUS. You need to be born again.I mean real born again not just going to church so that He can start mending your broken walls.He's d only one that can help you now. My life is a testimony to what one benefits from being born again. Just try it, it works! If you need guidance, let me know. My God will calm the storms around your life and destiny in Jesus name. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: .. by EfemenaXY: 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2013
Wow! You have a lot going on for you in the opposite (wrong) direction, don't you?

I know you feel overwhelmed - it's obvious from your post - so let's take it in bits shall we?

pro_selector: good evening all.. its with a very heavy heart, I write this. Am grateful to God that am alive.

I performed very poorly in school (had over 8 carry overs in 300 level) for some reasons including health. i was a very serious student bt one silly thing or the other would make me fail. once i had a very severe headache that i had to carry with me over 4 different pain relief drugs to exams hall and took then almost every 30 minutes. so guess how that semester result would look like.

If you've had eight carry overs at 300 level, you should be asking yourself if the course you're on is the right one for you. Ideally, we as humans do our best when given something that comes naturally to us, simply because the interest based on love is already there. So you really need to ask yourself searching questions on whether you're on the right academic path.

With regards to the severe headaches you're having, have you met up with your doctor to find out the true cause of them? I'm no medical practitioner but one thing I do know is that having constant headaches like the ones you've described could be a sign of high BP (although this shouldn't be the case for a young person such as you).

Re: the bolded bit - you're doing yourself more harm than good by self-medicating! Who prescribed four different pain killers for you to take every thirty minutes??!! Even for simple drugs like paracetamol, the packet very clearly states that you shouldn't take more than 6-8 tablets in 24 hours and if the pain persists, then seek medical attention! Self-medicating the way you've done puts your liver at risk of getting damaged, so be careful.

pro_selector: so i decided to go into business and first started with online business. after all my efforts, when the online business was seeing the light of the day, my pc had power problem.. wanted to fix it but had no money.

i tried politics because i have passion for it and am a good speaker but failed.

i decided to go in fully to business but i had no financial support. i would spend months developing an idea but it wouldnt work for me, others would try it, even wiith less effort and it would work. once i had a nice project and i shared it with one man who decided to help me, i waited for days to hear from him, but no response came, i tried calling but he never picks. this scenerio has happend 3 times, where my hope was totally frustrated when i almost succeeded. i just cant explain but i have suffered many things to succeed in life. people who know how much efforts i have put in to succeed in life do laugh at me but i just have to smile but nobody knows how much it hurts to try so much to succeed but fail.

It's good to see that you have an entrepreneurial spirit and are willing to try your hands at different things if one doesn't work, but you need to slow down and focus on what your strengths are. Don't be a Jack of all trades and master of none. Once you've decided on what it is that you really want to do, you should find out from people doing similar things and are successful at them. Shadow them if need be to get that experience...and when you hit a brick wall, ask yourself why it happened, what you can do to turn things around for the better, and most importantly, LEARN from the experience, so you don't make the same mistake twice.

pro_selector: givers they say do not lack, but it looks my case is different. i have made so many sacrifices to see people happy. i never really had something personal in the hostel cos i shared almost all i had. some people tried victimising my becos of that but i never got hurt by that coz i believed if they had it, they wouldnt do it. i sold my first bb so everyone in my room could eat during one exam period. i simply told them, i missed the fone, bt never knew that it was the price i paid for us to take beans every morning to school. this evening i was invited to speak in a secondary school chapel( i do this weekly) , it was a nice tym, i took time to encourage all of them and i saw smiles on their faces. i came home just to be faced with the reality of what am into. it seems am gifted in making others happy, bt sme events never allow me to be happy.

Again, going by the bolded bits, I think in your bid to gain 'acceptance' and be seen as a generous person, you've gone overboard and overstretched yourself. It's good to help others, but not at the expense that it'll be detrimental to you. Learn to look after number 1 (yourself), then after you can consider helping others out.

You are a student with no independent means of income for yourself. You depend on your family for financial assistance, so you're not in a position to 'help' others out the way you've done - to the extent of selling your BB phone just so that you lot could eat?? C'mon! Don't your roommates have parents / family of their own? Why should the onus be on you to sort them out, knowing fully well you can't afford to do that? If you make yourself an easy prey, people will always take advantage of you - it's human nature to do so, so be wise.

pro_selector: i call and text my gf, six to eight times daily, but she never flashes except when she needs airtime. i had issues with my dad.. my uncle am staying with has a special wife... i remember taking breakfast by 4pm even after doing all the work in the haus.

~ You have enough personal problems as it is. The last thing you need is an ungrateful, self-centred girlfriend complicating your already complex life. Ditch her.

~ As per the issues you've got with your dad, seek a resolution. Whatever was said or done in the past is done. Go beg for forgiveness. Kneel before him if you have to and tell him how sorry you are. Be humble and forget your pride. It'll take a parent with a heart of stone not to forgive their erring flesh and blood. Your dad is family. He's older than you and more experienced with life and life's issues. You need to be able to confide your woes with an understanding adult, and who's better placed to give you a listening ear and sound advice other than your dad?

I even suspect that most of the problems you're experiencing here are due to lack of guidance from a loving, supportive adult. Never let the sun settle on an argument / misunderstanding. Sort out your issues with your dad and do it now.

~ Your uncle's wife is your uncle's wife and a completely different ball game. Even though he's your uncle, it still doesn't change the fact that you're a guest at their home. Look deep within you and ask yourself why she's so off with you, despite the fact that you help around the house. Try as much as you can to get on her good side. Again, you might have to follow through with the same advice I just gave you with regards to your dad. Starving someone till 4pm is pretty mean. If you offended her in the past, apologize to her and ask her forgiveness. She's a woman. Most of us women are big softies at heart, despite our gra-gra.

pro_selector: people around me are looking up to me but i cant even dare to think of my life, it hurts, am worried, am confussed. people know am in school but dont knw the carry overs i have to face.. i have no one to confide in but so many young people find it easy to confide in me. people want ASUU to call off strike to get back to school bt for me, i dnt knw if am still a student.

There is a popular saying, I don't know if you've ever heard it: A problem shared is a problem halved. Meaning opening up and confiding in others sometimes helps to lighten the burden. You're bottling a lot up in you and it's just a matter of time before it bubbles up to the surface and explodes around you. Sort out your issues with your family. Your parents, uncle and his wife, are all adults who've experience life and can tell you a thing or two about it. These are your family members you ought to be able to share your problems with. Go ask for forgiveness and reconcile your differences with each and everyone of them. No man is an island. There comes a time in life when we'll have to reach out to others for help, support and encouragement - which you desperately need from what I've read up here so far.

pro_selector: i smashed my only consolation, my android fone out of frustration. now typing with a broken screen fone. i sold my hp 630 that has been on repairs for over and had no money to get it for just 5k. i knw every one have their own problem, pls jst tell me what to do

Smashing your phone is a costly way to release your anger. That isn't the best outlet, but it's understandable seeing what you're going through.

Heed the advice I've given you and stay strong. Life is never a smooth journey. It's full of ups and downs. Be strong and believe in yourself. When we fall, the onus is on us to get up, dust ourselves and keep on moving with life. Never ever give up.

It is well.

2 Likes

Re: .. by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 21, 2013
Efe, that's why I lv u!
Too good!

Poster u r simply depresd. That's why u always hv constant migraine.
Take a break. Just stop. Start afresh.
But hv a diff mindset. Approach life with positive mind and attitude. Don't exert urself beyond ur capacity just bc u wanna be labelled savior. Also don't project urself as one that knows and hv it all.
Just take a break and change ur orientation,then u start seeing things differently and when that happens, u will start getting diff results.

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: .. by jeffizy(m): 4:40am On Oct 21, 2013
Wao!! I need to let you know I have been there once and I really know how you feel.
That feeling of stagnation and worthlessnes.

But I got some advice for you. Sit back for a week and reflect on all your past, then, pick yourself up from the ashes. If I'm judging right, lack of money plays a huge part in the dis-coloration of your life. Let's tackle that first!
If you can try a small business that renders service to people e.g phone booth stuff, you will not just be earning something to keep you together, but you wl also be meeting people. That cures your seeming lonliness and esteem issues.
You can meet nice people who may support you.
Secondly, I think you don't really like to bother people with your problems.
It's a good thing, but as good as when you can solve it alone!
Sometimes we need a hand to pull us up. Find a family member that will help in a little way to lessen your burden.
Thirdly, don't carry around dead-weight!
Let go of your past, just like the new day brings a new sun, start your life again and learn from the past, but don't clinge to it.
Above all, seek God. He listens.

4 Likes

Re: .. by proselector: 7:01am On Oct 21, 2013
good morning to y'all... am really gratefull. i woke up still very depressed but reading ur advice, i really encouraged... i thinking i got to start afresh in the right direction... thanks a lot, and do have a lovely week
Re: .. by bellong: 8:21am On Oct 21, 2013
Life is not a straight line graph. It is full of ups and downs, so you should understand that.

A life with greatness must surely pass through fire to become refined. Have you taken time to read about the struggles and pursuits of Abraham Lincoln before he became the president of USA?

Above all, seek the Lord in spirit and in truth, you will live a joyful life amidst trials and challenges. It is well with you

3 Likes

Re: .. by juman(m): 9:11am On Oct 21, 2013
One nigeria problem make things much more difficult for masses.

My God I intensely hate one nigeria leaders.
Re: .. by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 21, 2013
juman: One nigeria problem make things much more difficult for masses.

The only solution is that the senseless country be divided.

My God I intensely hate one nigeria absolutely.

You hate one Nigeria intensely, angry.....who constitutes and fills up the wide void of one Nigeria....? Is it not the masses...without people , Nigeria is empty...and there will be no one to blame or hate....change your mindset for the better... And if every Nigerian can be their brother's keeper, this country will be a better place to live in... God has blessed us , already to make our country heaven on earth....but as the saying goes, the heart of man is extremely wicked... What do u expect in such country...where anything goes....your guess is as good as mine... Nigerians change your attitude and mindset towards one another, do wat is right....( that's if some pple truly know wats right)... Fear God, and av a conscience... Then Nigeria will be loved and be a better place 2 want 2 live in...

It's well
Re: .. by juman(m): 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2013
Amelian:

You hate one Nigeria intensely, angry.....who constitutes and fills up the wide void of one Nigeria....? Is it not the masses...without people , Nigeria is empty...and there will be no one to blame or hate....change your mindset for the better... And if every Nigerian can be their brother's keeper, this country will be a better place to live in... God has blessed us , already to make our country heaven on earth....but as the saying goes, the heart of man is extremely wicked... What do u expect in such country...where anything goes....your guess is as good as mine... Nigerians change your attitude and mindset towards one another, do wat is right....( that's if some pple truly know wats right)... Fear God, and av a conscience... Then Nigeria will be loved and be a better place 2 want 2 live in...

It's well

One nigeria is a complete waste of time.

This is a country that has failed in the course of her journey in the last 53 years.

The next 53 years would be likely the same. The masses are taken as slaves.

2 Likes

Re: .. by soulglo: 1:54am On Oct 22, 2013
You seem to have many ideas. Narrow down and focus on one thing. Whatever it is you should stay with it for a while. Don't jump from one thing to the other without exhausting every option. Also you don't dump it because things get hard or business slows. Staying the course is extremely important in being successsfull in business. Good luck

1 Like

Re: .. by Enahi(f): 6:33am On Oct 22, 2013
Hi I really don't know what to say,your story is a sad one. Do you believe and have Faith in God? Do you ask God for direction before taking any step? If you aren't doing any of these,then you need to start now. We all have stories to tell,but overcoming them is what matters. Don't give up,always look on the brighter side of life. Always tell yourself that you aren't the only one in d situation u are in right now. Don't pity yourself instead pray and ask for God's direction. Self pity can lead to depression,depression can lead to high blood pressure because u will keep thinking. As for your airtime girlfriend,please quit the relationship. You don't need someone that will take d little u have from you,but if you feel she is making a positive impact in your life in anyway then keep her. Remain blessed and may almighty God see you through all your struggles.

1 Like

Re: .. by libertyfather(m): 1:05pm On Oct 22, 2013
You are brave for saying this out, whatever we all keep telling you here is just to alleviate wat u may be thinking about ur lyf..only God will put an end to it all..yes
I so much understand wat ur going thru cos God jst got me out of it all ill luck tinz, if I shld start talkin this trend will turn to season thinz..I've realy pass thru a lot prophet,prophetess,alfa,herberlist they are all fake all they want is money as if they are deaf to wat u come to meet them for...and again people telin u to start again,be positive,dunt b jack of all trade nd all kind of encouragin tinz that nyc bt I wish they knw wat ill luck tinz means, I pray to God u get out of it cos He still listens,He's always there...u wuld hv think so many tinz,who u offend or who ur parent may offend infact millions of tinz but don't God is still doing it...there's alway light at the end of the tunnel if u believe
Try this I discover that's when tinz start turnin 4 gud no matter all odds always praise and thank God almighty u knw ur able to thank him cos ur still alive many died in dis kind of strugle bt u there sharin this ur so lucky and me reading and replying(thank God) so do that a lot ask just one thin His favour that covers you in lyf and accept Jesus read ur bible it encourages the more....pls read psalm 50:14

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Mothers And Doctors Advise / ‘I Haven’t Heard From My Husband Since He Got A Job In Owerri 10 Years Ago’ / Surprise Your Kids With The Best Christmas Gifts Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.