Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,479 members, 7,917,512 topics. Date: Sunday, 11 August 2024 at 08:48 AM

. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / . (961 Views)

Glo Blackberry Plans On Phones And Other Devices / Does Gps Navigation Work In 9ja? / does any1 know where to get free full track downloads on phones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2008
Re: . by Emmyk(m): 7:05pm On Feb 01, 2010
On my n95, After Opening it, it would search for 5 satelites in the space,when three are found you can start navigating. You would see your 4 cardinal points widely,and a red arrow indicating the position u are like north east, as you walk it start rotating,it depends how you walk,if u go straight,it wont turn. So there is a place you can set where u can set d parameters to where u going e.g North 30¤ east 60.5¤ (well I didnt study Geography). It wud ask u wat u going by, car,canoe,horse foot etc .it calculate the approprate time to be there via wt ur transportation means is. The red arrow keeps u ontrack,calculating the meters u've passed and the one ahead. When you are there, 'Arrive' would cover the whole screen. Then it ask u wheather to search for it on The World map. Here u go, u gonna see your country,town and ur specific location on the map. Note: your keypad serves as the receiver so dont cover it.
Re: . by honsule(m): 10:26pm On Feb 01, 2010
The power of Gps on my N95.check it out

Re: . by Koolwilly(m): 11:19am On Feb 03, 2010
@honsule i dont know how to power GPS on my E71 when ever i try to connect it tells me no GPS found.
Re: . by honsule(m): 11:24am On Feb 03, 2010
@kool.mine used to do that.Go outside and face ur phone to the sky for five minutes.It should pick gps
Re: . by Koolwilly(m): 11:50am On Feb 03, 2010
i tried it but after searching it tells me enable gps positionig

Re: . by zenus(m): 9:47am On Feb 05, 2010
Koolwilly:

May be u need to upgrade ur phone
Re: . by Koolwilly(m): 11:10am On Feb 05, 2010
@zenus i hace actually enabled my gps positioning, but i dont know how to navigate around with it, please kindly help!
Re: . by Dclique(m): 12:18pm On Feb 05, 2010
This is a very educative thread. Pls keep the explanations coming.
Re: . by zenus(m): 2:48pm On Feb 05, 2010
Koolwilly:

@zenus i hace actually enabled my gps positioning, but i dont know how to navigate around with it, please kindly help!

go to ovi.com or nokia.com and download the latest map and the go to this tread https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-314129.0.html#msg4413084 for more info
Re: . by Emmyk(m): 5:01pm On Feb 05, 2010
Koolwilly:

Koolwilly:

@ n95 user who is sure everytin is in other. After the gps startup(calculating and al that), press option,scroll down 2 the saterlite status, there u see some boxes wif nos in the front. Make sure u are outdoor and u not covering yo keypad!,then work about,the numbers wil start increasing,it might even get 2 5box,then when any three of the five is filled wif black colour,that is good 2 go. I just like setting parameters nearby and workin till I get there the I see ARRIVED on the sween. It a thing I learnt widin an hour. Make sure u av correct network connection 2 see ur location on world map.
Re: . by tobidaflava(m): 5:44pm On Feb 05, 2010
@honsule, do you mean face your phone to the "sky" or "heaven"?
Re: . by Koolwilly(m): 10:16pm On Feb 05, 2010
@Emmy K does it requires internet connnectivity??
Re: . by meandyou00(m): 9:47am On Feb 06, 2010
GPS requires internet connectivity NOT UNTIL u av downloaded n installed an OFFLINE map. the maps is just generic. but if u want mor details eg d color of your roof (house). it requires internet. if u use GOOGLE EARTH. u no wat am talkin bout.

(1) (Reply)

Can China Fones B Used As Modems? / Nokia N91 / Turn Any Type Of Phone To Black Berry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.