Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,891 members, 7,962,882 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 07:12 PM

English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... - Education (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... (10148 Views)

15 Words You Should Eliminate From Your Vocabulary To Sound Smarter / Is Using Mnemonics In Exams A Malpractice? / How Good Is Your English Vocabulary? Double Dare Nlders To Get 10/10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Jodekss(m): 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2014
Aye aye, none's an island of knowledge o, we all are learners/lamidis/latifas till we die o... Let us country boot please...
Ya, I wanna deal on some scary vocabularies these days ones that when pronounced you may lose your front teeth if not all o... Bewareeeeeeee!!!...

Koyaanisqatsi - (n) nature out of balance, life unbalanced that you need a new one...

I think a good synonym is - razzle-dazzle, higleddy-pigleddy,awry...etc...

I think a gulder example or usage of the jaw-breaking word's: The financial life of this nation keeps looking koyaanisqatsi day by day dew to persistent internal insurrection by those killers in the north east...
Or
My present life being koyaanisqatsi, I found it odd to propose to her...

Form your own examples... Adios...

1 Like

Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Jodekss(m): 4:11pm On Jul 13, 2014
Ago, since, for.

You use ‘ago’ to say how much time before now something happened. You are counting back from today.e.g I went to Sambisa 2 days ago and I came back in apiece... wink
This whale lived millions of years ago.

You use ‘since’ to refer to the starting point of time that has passed.
We have been discussing giving in completely since last night isn't it Shekau?

For, is all about a specific time most importantly used when figure (1/9) is to be used to discribe or tell of a stretch in time...
We have been doing a serious deliverance for Shekau for 7 weeks, but still, no sign of change, God help us. wink

1 Like

Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by tIce(m): 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2014
Jodekss: Ago, since, for.

You use ‘ago’ to say how much time before now something happened. You are counting back from today.e.g I went to Sambisa 2 days ago and I came back in apiece... wink
This whale lived millions of years ago.

You use ‘since’ to refer to the starting point of time that has passed.
We have been discussing giving in completely since last night isn't it Shekau?

For, is all about a specific time most importantly used when figure (1/9) is to be used to discribe or tell of a stretch in time...
We have been doing a serious deliverance for Shekau for 7 weeks, but still, no sign of change, God help us. wink

u nd shekau hmnnn bread nd butter
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Jodekss(m): 5:40am On Jul 15, 2014
tIce: u nd shekau hmnnn bread nd butter
wink
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Jodekss(m): 5:42am On Jul 15, 2014
Uh uh...

Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Toyolad(m): 8:09am On Jul 15, 2014
Jodekss: Uh uh...
used to.

I've got some questions too bt I need ur permission before posting
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Jodekss(m): 4:52am On Jul 18, 2014
Toyolad: used to.

I've got some questions too bt I need ur permission before posting
ya, you got it RICE... Brava...

Oooooo, my permission? Smh,go on jo... wink
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Toyolad(m): 9:57am On Jul 18, 2014
Jodekss: ya, you got it RICE... Brava...

Oooooo, my permission? Smh,go on jo... wink
k boss,this is it..

Neither my wife nor I _____ coming to the party (a)is (b) are (c) am
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Talkwisdom(m): 11:02am On Jul 18, 2014
Toyolad: k boss,this is it..

Answer:c-am
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by boay(m): 2:09pm On Jul 18, 2014
Toyolad: k boss,this is it..

Answer= A. 'Is'
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Toyolad(m): 9:29am On Jul 19, 2014
boay:
Answer= A. 'Is'
reason for ur answer pls
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Toyolad(m): 9:30am On Jul 19, 2014
Talkwisdom:
Answer:c-am
reason for ur answer pls
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by boay(m): 4:25pm On Jul 19, 2014
Toyolad: reason for ur answer pls
Since the word 'neither' is used that show it is only referring to one of them and not both of them. So, 'is' is the correct answer
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Toyolad(m): 6:10pm On Jul 19, 2014
boay:
Since the word 'neither' is used that show it is only referring to one of them and not both of them. So, 'is' is the correct answer
wrong sire,let's see hw talkwisdom proves dat his answer is correct
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Jodekss(m): 10:30pm On Jul 19, 2014
Toyolad: wrong sire,let's see hw talkwisdom proves dat his answer is correct
ya, he got it right... Why?... In english law, whenever we have OR or NOR in a sentence where we have double subjects but whereby a subject must be chosen, then we choose the noun or the personal pronoun in the front of the OR or NOR in the said sentence... So in that situation, since" I" is what's in da front of OR, and in the present tense, the word or the verb that should fill up the blank space has to be a plural verb, ie... AM, though, it functions singularly,but it's considered a plural verb... So, I AM is the right thing...
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Toyolad(m): 10:48pm On Jul 19, 2014
Jodekss: ya, he got it right... Why?... In english law, whenever we have OR or NOR in a sentence where we have double subjects but whereby a subject must be chosen, then we choose the noun or the personal pronoun in the front of the OR or NOR in the said sentence... So in that situation, since" I" is what's in da front of OR, and in the present tense, the word or the verb that should fill up the blank space has to be a plural verb, ie... AM, though, it functions singularly,but it's considered a plural verb... So, I AM is the right thing...
lol,u've jst proven beyond doubt now dat 'AM' is d answer and u began ur sentences with "he god it right"..isn't dat confusing?...anyway,gracias bro..I knw its a mistake and perhaps d anxiety to ansa d qstn dat caused it.
Re: English Vocabulary Paradise » ❶ Vocab Tests ❷ Usage Sentences ❸ Mnemonics... by Jodekss(m): 7:03am On Jul 20, 2014
Toyolad: lol,u've jst proven beyond doubt now dat 'AM' is d answer and u began ur sentences with "he god it right"..isn't dat confusing?...anyway,gracias bro..I knw its a mistake and perhaps d anxiety to ansa d qstn dat caused it.
ahhhh, okay nau... wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Download NITDA Scholarship Test Past Questions And Answers(CINFORES) / University Of Sunderland Honours Isaac Adewole, UI VC / 75% Nigerian Children Can’t Read, Solve Maths – UNICEF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.