Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,796 members, 7,962,608 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 01:36 PM

Anambra Governorship Election: PDP Thugs Snatch Ballot Box, Beat Up Electoral Of - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Governorship Election: PDP Thugs Snatch Ballot Box, Beat Up Electoral Of (933 Views)

Photos : Thugs Who Tried To Snatch Ballot Boxes At Amuwo Odofin Arrested / Gunmen Attack Policewoman In Delta, Snatch Ballot Materials / Political Thugs Snatch 230 Permanent Voters Card In Nasarawa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Governorship Election: PDP Thugs Snatch Ballot Box, Beat Up Electoral Of by Ptoocool(m): 7:06pm On Nov 16, 2013
Report has it that the ongoing governorship election in Anambra State was a non-event at Akpakaogwe, Ogidi as some thugs believed to have been hired by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) dragged electoral officers to a bush and beat them up.

The affected polling center is in Idemili North local government area.

Several eyewitnesses as well as an electoral officer said the thugs snatched ballot boxes and other electoral materials.

Speaking to journalist, an ad hoc staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission said, "I was here doing the accreditation exercise when a PDP agent came in to ask me for the result sheet. He slapped me several times, and others with him dragged me to the bush where I received more beating."

She added that only a few voters had been accredited before the assault which happened in the presence of security officers. "They slapped me several times and snatched the ballot boxes and papers from us. There was a heavy presence of security officers, but they were just looking and didn't help," she added.

Meanwhile, the counting of election results has commenced in some areas of Anambra State.

SOURCE: http://m.naij.com/news/52187.html

Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PDP Thugs Snatch Ballot Box, Beat Up Electoral Of by Ayed44: 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PDP Thugs Snatch Ballot Box, Beat Up Electoral Of by WisdomMe(m): 7:50pm On Nov 16, 2013
Am loving dat, since nobody died, its ok for us
Re: Anambra Governorship Election: PDP Thugs Snatch Ballot Box, Beat Up Electoral Of by yemmytee1(m): 8:24pm On Nov 16, 2013
Several slaps??Chai N soldiers dey there,mopol dey..anyway I know it will surely cum to dis...Sai APC all D way...But apc self suppose giv observers guns abeg mak dem face their self since our security agents are foolish n r zombies.

(1) (Reply)

House Of Reps Member Raphael Nomiye, Slumps And Dies In FCT / How Relevant Will Ngige Be In APC Now? / 2015 Presidential Election: President Jonathan May WIN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.