Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,764 members, 7,962,524 topics. Date: Monday, 30 September 2024 at 12:15 PM

If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? (82864 Views)

Houseboy Injures Spinal Cord Peeping At Madam Bathing / If Taking Our Bath Makes The Body Clean, Then What Makes The Bath Towel Dirty? / Bathing With Sponges & Without Sponges. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Shedrack777: 9:28am On Dec 03, 2013
From the wetness of the towel as we clean our body. In the process of hanging it, some dust hang in the wet towel before it dries. And if we use it again, the slippery of the effect of the soap on our body make dirt increase
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by pembisco(m): 9:29am On Dec 03, 2013
Well! As a medical student, i tink doz dirts are non keratinised dead cells wch are proteinous nd wch meks our skin water proof. Those dead cells protect our skin nd its evn adviceable to rob our body gently afta bath. Doz dirts u olways c ön ur towel ar d death cells, they ar nt harmful bt rada protective. *my litle cntribution sha
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by KingEdwardI(m): 9:30am On Dec 03, 2013
chymystique: Ask google
Who tell u say google dey 'baf'. Just because e dey change colour, dey change appearance no mean say e clean undecided
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Sepp360(m): 9:31am On Dec 03, 2013
iykenex: Electrostatic bond, hahaha
hahahahahaha!.... Correct!...
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by sonickay(m): 9:31am On Dec 03, 2013
Sepp360: Few days back, i purposely asked my younger brother how often he washes his towel and the reply he threw back at me kept me wondering.

If truely, we keep our body clean by bathing with good soap and clean water, what then makes the towel dirty?...
I have been wondering as well; I gloat anytime I see brown or black spots on my towel after intense lather and scrubbing of the body. I have made It mandatory to wash my towel every weekend now, yet no improvement, abi na only me!
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by mrlaw93(m): 9:32am On Dec 03, 2013
pls like my post. my post has neva been liked on nairaland nd i will soon clock a year on dis site.. wnt to knw hw u guyz feel. abeg

4 Likes

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by MissLirusehn(f): 9:42am On Dec 03, 2013
Lol. Same question Basket Mouth asked on twitter
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Polio: 9:45am On Dec 03, 2013
Sepp360: Few days back, i purposely asked my younger brother how often he washes his towel and the reply he threw back at me kept me wondering.

If truely, we keep our body clean by bathing with good soap and clean water, what then makes the towel dirty?...

Ask your towel!
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by SOREB: 9:47am On Dec 03, 2013
idprincess: Because we are made from dust and so it can't be completely washed off. Ever.

Try it... No matter how hard you scrub or how much you wash your body, if you rub your finger/ cloth firmly against your skin, some dust will still come off.

Yeah I think you are right, we can't be 100% clean because we are made from dust
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Politicaltitan: 9:51am On Dec 03, 2013
Domwiz4all: Has any body eva used cleanser or spirit n cottonwool to cleanse ur face immediately afta bath? If u hav eva den u wil no we dont get our body clean afta bath as we all tot
ar u telling us to begin bathing wit spirit? grin
Domwiz4all: Has any body eva used cleanser or spirit n cottonwool to cleanse ur face immediately afta bath? If u hav eva den u wil no we dont get our body clean afta bath as we all tot
ar u telling us to begin bathing wit spirit?
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Sepp360(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2013
sonickay: I have been wondering as well; I gloat anytime I see brown or black spots on my towel after intense lather and scrubbing of the body. I have made It mandatory to wash my towel every weekend now, yet no improvement, abi na only me!
lolz!... Nor be only yhu my guy!...
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Psamuelle(m): 9:55am On Dec 03, 2013
Elijah348: hmm this is..[size=80pt] Who Wants To Be A Millionier (Nairaland edition) [/size]
Itz millionaire
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by donPhill(m): 9:57am On Dec 03, 2013
Jade William: Lol.Vry good question.I'v bn askin myself dat question too cos al our towels ar white&i change my towel evry 3days due 2dirt frm where I'll tryin 2figure out where.
I think in my case,I use d towel 2clean my face wen I com out of d kitchen
talk true oo...u change it every three days or u wash it every three days??
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Sepp360(m): 9:58am On Dec 03, 2013
MissLirusehn: Lol. Same question Basket Mouth asked on twitter
eeiiyyaa!.... Did yhu attempt the queschion?
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by MissLirusehn(f): 10:04am On Dec 03, 2013
Sepp360: eeiiyyaa!.... Did yhu attempt the queschion?
no no. I didnt. But it's kind of funny sha
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 03, 2013
Dust of course! D air is filled wiv dirty particles!
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by ayomipo90(m): 10:14am On Dec 03, 2013
Na omo things oo
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Trusty247(f): 10:19am On Dec 03, 2013
Lolz! This is really absurd.
brownlord:

Try make use of iron sponge, the mind one when my mama dey use wash back of pot, also VIN

try and come back with the good news
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Funmiflor(f): 10:21am On Dec 03, 2013
the dirt on our body cannot be completely washed away. Dts y our towel is dirty.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Conner44: 10:27am On Dec 03, 2013
Jade William: Lol.Vry good question.I'v bn askin myself dat question too cos al our towels ar white&i change my towel evry 3days due 2dirt frm where I'll tryin 2figure out where.
I think in my case,I use d towel 2clean my face wen I com out of d kitchen

You CHANGE your towel or you WASH your towel every 3 days? Which is it?

Do you live in a hotel room? Or have a very bad skin disease?
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by slightlyMad(f): 10:32am On Dec 03, 2013
you hang your towel in the room, plus you rub your dirty hand all over it and some guys can even rob catarrh and hand it round their dirty collar all day in pretense they want to have their shower.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by nairamaniac: 10:37am On Dec 03, 2013
anitank:
This is the best and most brilliant explanation for that question.
thanks Anitank. I'm flattered. Added to my tips: when you rinse your body thoroughly with water, don't just pour the water on ur body. Endeavour to use your palms to scrub ur body with ur bare-palms. If u r under the shower, use both palms. If u r using bowl and bucket, then scrub ur body with both hands inbetween each time u pour the water on ur body with the bowl.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Slickest(m): 10:40am On Dec 03, 2013
Here's ma own thought...after takin ur bath,it is assumed ur totally clean, the water dried from ur body using ur towel leaves ur towel wet there vulnerable to dust nd stains....
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Bome01(m): 10:46am On Dec 03, 2013
Wow, very good question!
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by talk2pete06(m): 10:52am On Dec 03, 2013
The answer is simple. We are made of dust, dust we all human being are. So surly, no amount of cleanless can remover the stain of dust. Just think am?
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by checkiez: 10:57am On Dec 03, 2013
What an observation.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 03, 2013
Noble.G:

Don't worry it is normal. It's all that dead skin that didn't quite wash off. No matter the soap you use, you will still see some of your dead skin on the towel if you rub it hard on your skin.

Human skin is an amazing organ -- protective, waterproof, and exceedingly useful. It's also constantly changing and regenerating itself. That said, what happens to dead skin cells? You might be a little grossed out to find out where they go and just how many you lose each day. The layer you can see is called the epidermis. It's composed of cells made of keratin, a hard substance that also forms your hair and nails. In other species, keratin forms hooves, claws, horns, and even the shells of turtles and the spines of porcupines. The individual cells are called keratinocytes.

New keratinocytes grow at the lowest level of the epidermis, which bonds with the next layer, the dermis. The new skin cells gradually push their way to the top layer. When they reach the top, they die and are "weathered" by the environment and your daily activities. The top "dead" layer is called the stratum corneum. Eventually, the dead cells break away from the epidermis and fall off, making room for newer cells growing up from below. It takes roughly one month for new cells to get all the way to the top layer, meaning the skin you have a month from today will be completely new compared to the skin you have now.

Scientists estimate that the human body is made up of around 10 trillion cells in total. Your skin makes up about 16 percent of your body weight, which means you have roughly 1.6 trillion skin cells. Of course, this estimate can vary tremendously according to a person's size. The important thing is that you have a lot of skin cells. Of those billions of skin cells, between 30,00[/b]0 and [b]40,000 of them fall off every hour. Over a 24-hour period, you lose almost a million skin cells.

Where do they all go? The brown color on your towel, some of the dust that collects on your tables, TV, and on those picture frames that are so hard to get clean is made mostly from dead human skin cells. In other words, your house is filled with former bits of yourself. In one year, you'll shed more than 8 pounds (3.6 kilograms) of dead skin. It gets even grosser: Your house is also filled with trillions of microscopic life forms called dust mites that eat your old dead skin.

My advice is: Try not to use one towel more than two days. And remember, a damp towel is a breeding ground for bacteria, so always make sure it dries before next use. Personally, I use one towel only twice before washing, which means I use one per day. I like fresh towels, especially, in the morning.
This is good. And I ageee with ogugua88 too. In addition to dead skin cells, there are oil and skin bacteria too that the towel comes away with. They make the towel dirty and probably unhealthy for repeated use.

My personal measure is to use white or mostly-white towels and small ones too that I wash after each bath. And I use two, one for the morning bath and the other for the night. I prefer whites because if I get lazy the sight will repulse me enough to wash it. I use two to make sure there's a fresh dry towel everytime I want one.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Josephogah: 11:02am On Dec 03, 2013
God created human beings with sand... No matter what, the towel will still be dirty even you bath 20 times a day.
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Nobody: 11:07am On Dec 03, 2013
Sepp360: Next queschion!..

What kind of chemical bond exists between the dust particles and the towel?... #HEHEHE

Let me help Google: its Covalent Bond
Courtesy: Chemistry Professor
Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 03, 2013
Joseph ogah: God created human beings with sand... No matter what, the towel will still be dirty even you bath 20 times a day.

Seriously? Are you still in nursery school? God made us with dust, really? If i start talking, they'll say I'm an anti-Christ.

God made us with dust but our bones don't become dust after we die. How did he make our bones? With Metals? And people actually believed that nonsense? SMH how much dumber can this generation get?

2 Likes

Re: If Proper Bathing Makes The Body Clean, What Makes The Towel Dirty? by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 03, 2013
@op have you ever consider where most of the dust in your house come from ( that's if you are not leaving in naija or dusty area)?

I will give you the opportunity of learning something new today by not giving you the answer. Do a little search on the internet you will find the answer and once you do, you sure could connect the dots and, the answer to your question will be just right there in your face.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man's Lips Swollen After MouthAction With A Lady - Facebook User (Photo) / Coronavirus Quarantine: How People Stock Their Homes With Food, Groceries (Pics) / More Women In Kano, Katsina Abuse Drugs Than Men – Group Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.