Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,534 members, 7,961,696 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 11:34 AM

Mobile Networks Greediness And Lack Of Innovation - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Networks Greediness And Lack Of Innovation (467 Views)

My Top 4 Mobile Networks In Nigeria / MTN Reviews Call Tariff: Call Rates As Low As 10kobo Across All Networks / "No Signal Found For Mobile Networks" Help On Samsung Galaxy S4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mobile Networks Greediness And Lack Of Innovation by Nobody: 10:38am On Dec 01, 2013
we all(android n non-bb users) got a text from airtel saying their bb plans will no longer work on our non-bb devices,breaking thousands of peoples heart.users like me would never have subscribe to airtel cos of her terrible network,but we did because dey allowed her bb plans work on our android devices dat swallows data like hell!!!
what our networks dont realise is dat any of dem dat offers us at least 2.5g for 2oook for non-bb devices will b hot cake!but no,dey keep offering us 25omb 4 1ooo!really? in 2013? do these networks have market researchers? consumers opinion poll? i think if dey do,dey would have brought forth plans,wat do u think? share ur thoughts....
Re: Mobile Networks Greediness And Lack Of Innovation by Knsley(m): 11:59am On Dec 01, 2013
At OP , Thanks for this post. instead of this so called lousy network providers to come up with good data packages, they are busy planning on how to block android users from using BB subscription. Cant they just make this data services a level platform for all smart phone users? What is so special about BB phones now that BBM has been made for android phones? Mark my words TEL-AIR has just anounced thier OBITUARY by stoping BB on android phones.
Re: Mobile Networks Greediness And Lack Of Innovation by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
dey dnt study d market,pple hav switched 2 Android, windows...giv us 2.5 gig 4 2k z all am askin!! deyll benefit mor cos som may subscribe twice a month...glo shud cease dz opportunity n get massive patronization
Re: Mobile Networks Greediness And Lack Of Innovation by seunlayi(m): 12:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
Just imagine Airtel of all network doing shakara
Re: Mobile Networks Greediness And Lack Of Innovation by Randerl: 12:35pm On Dec 01, 2013
Better stick 2 Mtn 250
for
4.5GB
Re: Mobile Networks Greediness And Lack Of Innovation by akpos4uall(m): 12:41pm On Dec 01, 2013
The truth is that Airtel or no Airtel, Blackberry or whatever, we Nigerians are paying for poorer quality internet services than most of the world. The charge rates for normal data in some countries are even still cheaper than the blackberry packages we have here.
The first reply you get when this question is asked is that Nigeria's population is bigger but my reply is, is Nigeria the most populated on earth? Aren't there countries with similar population or even far more than ours? Is this the sort of charge rate and quality they get in such populated countries? Shouldn't the population (market) be an advantage for the internet service providers in the write set up? Even with their lower population, they still consume more data than us.
I'm also surprised to see non mobile network service providers that provide internet services, offer packages at similar rates to the GSM operators. I expected such to be far cheaper but that isn't the case. Is it that Nigerians are ready to pay at such rates or what? Starting from the NCC, these internet service providers are ripping us off. I think the market is there to grab for investors but...
Re: Mobile Networks Greediness And Lack Of Innovation by seunlayi(m): 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
Re: Mobile Networks Greediness And Lack Of Innovation by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 01, 2013
Cant ncc help us with dis?

(1) (Reply)

Help!!!-problem Signing Into Play Store / Is Bb Hotspot Still Working On Mtn?? / His Bold4 Keeps Rebooting, What Should He Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.