Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,954 members, 7,963,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 01:29 AM

Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement (37621 Views)

Check Out Pastor Chris Okotie's Fleet Of Cars (Photos) / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by clefstone(m): 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2013
Its pretty easy to judge Catholic teaching as anti-biblical when u look at it from d outside. Even for those inside its tempting to suspect her teachings once ''Bible believing Churches come up with their 'its not in d Bible' bashings''. However, as a life long Catholic who tries to study Church history and the Bible also, i can stand to say d Catholic Church views Christ as d centre of her teachings. For example, the holy mass is regarded as the greatest prayer that can be offered and if you follow the mass very well, you will find out that d mass is essentially d Gospel. These r just some of the prayers during mass,
1. Lord i'm not worthy tht u should enta unda my roof but only say the word and i shall be healed. Its in d Gospel
2. I leave u peace my peace i give you
3. The prayer of Concentration
4. The Lord's prayer
5. Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the world.
however, wen an outsider enters a Catholic church nd hears these tins, it seems lyk some ungodly ritual(even though the mass is actually a ritual) to them.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Asabeq(f): 7:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
Yoruba goat!when will you people stop looking for trouble and tribalizing every issue with your weapon of mass destruction(your big mouth!). Pls we (my fellow northerners and other ethnicgroups) don't hate Igbos! We don't have time for that but you yorubas always begging for love want to drag us into it. Pls face your enemy if you think Igbos are and leave us out of it pls.
Mind you this priest is a yoruba man but don't have a problem defending his faith,where majority are Igbos so shut Isrealite mouth!

Back to topic,this priest just like the pope have shown the world that catholics are humility personified!! Simple,clear,straight forward and matured answer! Full of love and respect even to the haters!My parents must read this.
*running down stairs to show them* grin

y2kaustin: but why do we have TOO MANY IGBOS,as Catholics? also why do other ethnic groups hate igbos,so much.are igbos Israelite or Nigerians?.

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 7:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
John 13:34. A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another even as I love u.
Mark 12:29-31.
29) and Jesus answered him, the first of all commandment is, hear o Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord.
30) and thou shall love The Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31) and the second is like, namely this, thou shall love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Christians must learn to tolerate one another. Heaven and hell are all real. That much is certain. Jesus came for a purpose. To reconcile us with the father through his blood. He gave us two great commandments. Non of these talks about heaven and hell. Both commandments talk about love.

So why are we condemning ourselves? We all know what the scripture says in the book of Romans 8:1.( there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit).

Our duty as Christians is to go into the world and preach the gospel. Not to criticize different denominations. As long as we are all different, we must as necessity, have different opinions and understanding.

Our doctrines may differ, but we are one body in Christ. If we study the book of 1 Corinthians 12, we will realize that the same spirit give unto men different gifts/talents. All under one Lord. Jesus.

Love ur neighbour as urself. It is very simple. If ur neighbour is a Muslim, luv him. If he's a pagan, luv him. If he is a murderer, luv him. If he's from a different denomination, luv him.

It is all about luv. In 1 Corinthians 13:13, Jesus made it very clear. Faith, Hope and love abideth, but the greatest is love.

Love all u can. You will never go wrong with love. North, South, East and West, let's all stand together in love and build our nation. When we stand together, we all win. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by tomzman: 7:18pm On Dec 05, 2013
Like I always say, the Lord knows those who are his. Simple!
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Emereolevanwill(m): 7:29pm On Dec 05, 2013
nnaemeka38: The moderator and his team are pentecostals and they will never make this teaching to appear on a front page. As for mr. Okotie, the saints in heaven who are the products of the Catholic will tell him that they are not in hell. He should watch and see his destruction.
U made a mistake i think u should say catholics in pogatory
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by OmoTier1(m): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2013
youngprofdguru:

The Catholic Church is rooted in the bible so are her doctrines… Mary, that extraordinary creature of God is at the same time the mother of my God and hopefully yours as well. As one Saint puts it, “If Mary is not your mother, then the Devil must be your father”. Do you really count yourself among the generation of people that will call her blessed? (Luke 2 ) Can you be numbered among those who will be privileged to behold Mary as their mother? “Woman, behold your son, Son, behold your mother”

Can the Rev tell us where in the bible it is written that Mary is the mother of God? How can Mary who was born of the flesh be the mother of God?

It is a shame that rather than show us clearly what the bible says about what will cause people to go to hell, the Rev went on a long epistle really about nothing new.

Why is it not enough that Roman catholic worship Jesus? Why would they not 'Honour' David?

Only time will tell when the truth begin to expose the lies beneath the surface.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by OmoTier1(m): 7:37pm On Dec 05, 2013
ontarian: John 13:34. A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another even as I love u.
Mark 12:29-31.
29) and Jesus answered him, the first of all commandment is, hear o Israel, The Lord our God is one Lord.
30) and thou shall love The Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
31) and the second is like, namely this, thou shall love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Christians must learn to tolerate one another. Heaven and hell are all real. That much is certain. Jesus came for a purpose. To reconcile us with the father through his blood. He gave us two great commandments. Non of these talks about heaven and hell. Both commandments talk about love.

So why are we condemning ourselves? We all know what the scripture says in the book of Romans 8:1.( there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the spirit).

Our duty as Christians is to go into the world and preach the gospel. Not to criticize different denominations. As long as we are all different, we must as necessity, have different opinions and understanding.

Our doctrines may differ, but we are one body in Christ. If we study the book of 1 Corinthians 12, we will realize that the same spirit give unto men different gifts/talents. All under one Lord. Jesus.

Love ur neighbour as urself. It is very simple. If ur neighbour is a Muslim, luv him. If he's a pagan, luv him. If he is a murderer, luv him. If he's from a different denomination, luv him.

It is all about luv. In 1 Corinthians 13:13, Jesus made it very clear. Faith, Hope and love abideth, but the greatest is love.

Love all u can. You will never go wrong with love. North, South, East and West, let's all stand together in love and build our nation. When we stand together, we all win. God bless Nigeria.
You know, it is so easy for us to talk about love, but the truth, no man can love except He be given the nature of God which is love! So you must first be reconciled to God, having His nature, then you can freely love.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by moonlabelle: 7:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thank you Rev. For this response!

Personally, I see Chris Okotie as one of the persecutors the church have had since its inception,yet,it has stood the test of time;still expanding.

And for those who still have issues with the Blessed Virgin. Do not be aggrieved that she is called BLESSED,this is because ALL GENERATION SHALL CALL HER BLESSED. So,whether you like it or not,this generation,next generation and generations to come shall call her blessed(Luke1vs48)•
Angel Gabriel honoured her(Luke1vs28),Elizabeth honoured her,and was filled with the Holy Spirit just on hearing HER VOICE,even an unborn child recognised her(Luke1vs41-42)•

To crown it all,God himself honoured her! Clothed her with the Sun,crowned her with twelve stars!(Revelation12vs1).So,who are you

Hehehe!they wouldn't like to hear this one***you had better count yourself a child of Mary(Revelation12vs17)•
Making heaven isn't about church,but Im CATHOLIC and proud!!

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by lumeneng22: 7:53pm On Dec 05, 2013
y2kaustin: but why do we have TOO MANY IGBOS,as Catholics? also why do other ethnic groups hate igbos,so much.are igbos Israelite or Nigerians?.
.Their papa israel, mama rome.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by brainpulse: 7:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
POPE II: there was a record of her dying right? Smh4u , Mary didn't. Die she is alive and ascended in the heaven. Mary is the queen of heaven, what's wrong with you and this blasphemous post?
. Was there any record that Joseph died? Where was it on record she didn't die? How was she ascended to heaven? - give me referenced. facts from the Bible (word of God) not story
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by wagzyl: 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2013
I just wonder how gullible people can be that after this flawless article by Rev. Fr. Francis Omolade, they still feel their 'Pastor' is right... SMH and always ask about what you dont know.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by andyanders: 7:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
I am not catholic but Pastor Chris or whatever is sick and has diarrhea of eh mouth. He is spiritually blind and needs deliverance. He does not know that God has departed from him.

Make him dey there and be blowing grammar wey no dey for dictionary with hope that it will help him. Same way he called Prophet T.B. Joshua names and that Prophet of God did not respond to him because the best answer to a fool is silence. Catholic should just ignore that animal.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Harmvirus(f): 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
fijiano202: leave that mumu aboki alone,why would i ''smile haven'' when theres a better place called heaven
My brother, the thing tire me o
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
You know, it is so easy for us to talk about love, but the truth, no man can love except He be given the nature of God which is love! So you must first be reconciled to God, having His nature, then you can freely love.

As Christian, we are God's children. Adopted or reconciled to the Father tru Christ. If God is love, and we are his in Christ, then we can love like Christ does love the church. When u accept Christ, you take on his righteousness. You take on all that he is.

The reason love seems to elude us all is injustice. Lack of equity. Inequality. These might sound like mere social aspects of life, but we ain't in heaven yet.

While it may be difficult for man to love like Christ, we can at least try. We can show love to one another. I love my wife, but she was once a stranger to me. We can love anybody if we try sincerely. The love of Christ is shed abroad in our hearts. It is in us. We can do it if we try.

At least Christians can try and love everybody else. It is a commandment. Without love, we are nothing. Empty cymbals.

I agree with u dear.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by uglyBetty1(f): 8:10pm On Dec 05, 2013
I wonder why people cant leave catholics alone. We dont discuss their churches. We dont care what they do in their church, yet they would not let us be. Even if we worship idol, it is not their business. Pastor Chris should know that it is not good to talk bad about ppl. He claims to be a man of God. He should mind his busoness.I pity him.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Aabee(m): 8:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
fijiano202: Am sorry catholic priest Mary is not the God i serve mother.Even Jesus said me and my father are one that doesnt mean hes God hes just telling u hes the direct link,i dont know if the bible catholics use has the Lords Pray which clearly state ''Our Father thou at in Heaven'' is he talking to my father? NO,Is he talking abt himself?No.John 3:16 for God so love the world that he sent his only begotten Son... etc,that clearly states his son not himself ,Mary didnt give birth to God.Secondly anybody that eats out of the body of christ is saved,its not compulsory u eat it every day.Thirdly Worshipping Mary is like worshipping an Idol like sango and ogun cos its Clearly stated in my own and the same General Bible that NOBODY GOES TO THE FATHER EXCEPT THRU ME,thats means Jesus is the link/middleman between Human and God.Forthly Jesus and The 12 diciples/apostle didnt have a church or name any church the mother Church.To all my catholics brothers and sisters am sorry for bursting ur Speakers,The Truth must be Told

Johnbull, with all d moni ur fada spent on u, ur still proud 2b an OLODO. I tire 4u o
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Aabee(m): 8:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
Asabeq: Yoruba goat!when will you people stop looking for trouble and tribalizing every issue with your weapon of mass destruction(your big mouth!). Pls we (my fellow northerners and other ethnicgroups) don't hate Igbos! We don't have time for that but you yorubas always begging for love want to drag us into it. Pls face your enemy if you think Igbos are and leave us out of it pls.
Mind you this priest is a yoruba man but don't have a problem defending his faith,where majority are Igbos so shut Isrealite mouth!

Back to topic,this priest just like the pope have shown the world that catholics are humility personified!! Simple,clear,straight forward and matured answer! Full of love and respect even to the haters!My parents must read this.
*running down stairs to show them* grin

swithart, am yoruba and a catholic. I don't tribalise issues but I take it as an insult wen u insult d general yoruba tribe because some yorubas tribalise issues. if God wer lyk u, he wudnt spare lot's life durin sodom &Gomorrah era.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Armaniswiz(m): 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2013
POPE II: there was a record of her dying right? Smh4u , Mary didn't. Die she is alive and ascended in the heaven. Mary is the queen of heaven, what's wrong with you and this blasphemous post?

Another 'follow the crowd' catholic that knows nothing about catholism. According to ur Mary pages..she died in A.D 48 at 59yrs and was buried close to d tomb where Jesus was laid. I figured most Catholics like POPE II don't know their doctrines, or why they re Catholics in the first place, they were born into d catholic faith and it's just ok to brag about being the oldest church and different from others(not judging) but how wld u know if you don't learn?. I'll be more interested to listen to one who knows d root, tradition and history of the Catholic Church with sources from the Bible and history.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Aabee(m): 8:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
if catholics sneeze, penticostal go talk, na wa o.

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by avalontony(m): 8:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
why do we still sing Abraham blessing are mine in church?, why did God say.. I am the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob? why did blind Bartiamus called out to Jesus.... 'Jesus christ son of the living God have mercy on me?' why did Jesus answer saul on his way to damascus 'i am jesus whom you are persecuting?..... i have not read in the scripture where Jesus said...i am Jesus the son of mary, and i have never read in the scripture were mary said...i am the mother of God. The God i serve told me in his word... i am the alpha and omega, the begining and the end. i give all the glory and honour to Jesus... and not to anyone, for there is none beside Him.

2 Likes

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by St8updiva(f): 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mary is d mother of Jesus nt of God. U do nt need 2 gv hm reply. Leave God 2 judge. Y nt copy Pastor E A Adeboye. U knw wat I mean. Balderdash Mary is d mother of Jesus nt of God. U do nt need 2 gv hm reply. Leave God 2 judge. Y nt copy Pastor E A Adeboye. U knw wat I mean. Balderdash Mary is d mother of Jesus nt of God. U do nt need 2 gv hm reply. Leave God 2 judge. Y nt copy Pastor E A Adeboye. U knw wat I mean. Balderdash
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 8:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
Nice write up. God Bless you my Preist.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by owellej(m): 9:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
youngprofdguru: I have read with anguish your recent outburst against Catholics. I understand where you are coming from. Life is complex and when we meet with what we don’t understand, it is a lot easier to demonize it, castigate it and even reject it. I am sorry to tell you that none of these will make the Church go away.

Darkness can only be dispelled by light, hatred by love, falsehood by truth. Since it is obvious that your are still in the dark about Catholic doctrines and way of life, I am inviting you to our religious class and I hope in humility you will submit yourself to this process of education so that you will not continue to grope in the darkness of your ignorance.
In the past, the argument was that Catholics don’t read Bible, but that argument has fizzled away when Catholics themselves have risen to the occasion to show that having been instrumental in the collection of the books into the unit we now call Bible, having been blessed with veritable tradition of great men and women who have studied the bible down through the ages, Catholics are indeed well versed in the Bible and probably better grounded than many other people.

The Catholic Church is rooted in the bible so are her doctrines… Mary, that extraordinary creature of God is at the same time the mother of my God and hopefully yours as well. As one Saint puts it, “If Mary is not your mother, then the Devil must be your father”. Do you really count yourself among the generation of people that will call her blessed? (Luke 2 ) Can you be numbered among those who will be privileged to behold Mary as their mother? “Woman, behold your son, Son, behold your mother”

The accusations of Chris Okotie are spurious… “Catholics bow to idols! How many people in his own life has he bowed to? How many people bow to him? Is he worshiping them or do they worship him?

The most outrageous claim is his denial of Jesus in the Eucharist. Thank God he knows that Catholics believe and profess strongly their belief in Jesus in the Eucharist. That belief is not man-made; it is based on Christ’s teaching. For the avoidance of doubt, readers should read John 6 in its entirety. I will give a bit of summary here. “I am the living bread which has come down from heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is my flesh for the life of the world.” Jn 6:51. Later Jesus went on to say that “In all truth I tell you, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.” Jn 6:53 If Pastor Chris does not practice this veritable injunction of Christ, how can he say he is a true Christian? This doctrine and practice that is central to Catholicism has always been a hard teaching, even when Jesus said it, many could not accept it and left him. It seems Pastor Chris is one of those who could not accept the teaching of Jesus. Let him simply go out on his own without leading other astray.

It is therefore imperative for me to invite those who are currently denied the opportunity in their Churches to come to the Catholic Church and see how faithful the Church is to this great teaching of Christ. Christ meant it; the Catholics have celebrated it for more than 2000 years. There is no alternative to it. You are either for Christ or against it. Otherwise, if you deny the practice, then you make Christ a liar.

My dear Pastor Chris, Catholics are destined for heaven for it is their main goal in life…. To know God, to love God, to serve God in this life so as to be happy with him forever in heaven. However based on God’s words, we know some people need purification and trusting in God’s love and mercy, we know these people will not be rejected for all eternity. This is a truth based on God’s word. Please read 1 Cor 3:10-15

By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care. 11 For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid, which is Jesus Christ. 12 If anyone builds on this foundation using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, 13 their work will be shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. 14 If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. 15 If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even though only as one escaping through the flames.

The passage obviously talks about purification that Catholics refer to in the doctrine of purgatory. Even after death, the All-powerful God is still able to save some people. His ways are not our ways. So leave God to be God and do his work. Then in 1 John 5:15-17 we read that some sins do not lead to death and people with these will be saved… of course after purification by God himself.

To the general readers, especially those who attend Pastor Chris’s church read what scripture says “We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10 Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 1 John 5:9-10 do not just believe because Pastor Chris tells u so… search the Scripture and the truth will set you free. God bless you as you make your way back home…to mother Church, the Catholic Church.

https://www.facebook.com/richard.omolade/posts/10152051363131007
Pastor Okotie, you shall know d truth and d truth shall set you free. No amount of critisms will change our FAITH. May The Lord be with you...
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by ktjohnpaul(m): 9:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
Straight to the point padre. I hope your answer will not only cause reflection in the hearts of those who have been misled in their lifetime but teach us the ethics of decorum in nairaland conversations. God Bless the Catholic Church.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by captainbaroni(m): 9:32pm On Dec 05, 2013
Don't mind Okotie. From musician t̲̣̣̥O̶̲̥̅̊ being a Pastor. From Pastor t̲̣̣̥O̶̲̥̅̊ politician. Now he is a love-vendor, organising fashion shows. Lol. Confused man
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by juanmiguel: 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2013
Maximus85:

It baffles me to know how shallow minded these so-called pastors and reverends are.

So when Jesus talked about eating his flesh and drinking his blood, he was asking all christians to eat and drink anytime they like? After his death, how many christians ate and drink Jesus' flesh and blood?

In spiritual sense eating and drinking means appreciating. And in this case eating and drinking Jesus' flesh and blood means appreciating him for laying down his life thereby giving us all hope of salvation.

So merely eating and drinking will give the Catholics life abi? I hear ooooo.
Just like when they talk about been born again. Been born again guarantees you nothing. You have to live your life according to God's standard.

Enough said
thats the way u understand ur own bible. Hold on to it n leave others alone.
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by juanmiguel: 9:51pm On Dec 05, 2013
St8updiva: Mary is d mother of Jesus nt of God. U do nt need 2 gv hm reply. Leave God 2 judge. Y nt copy Pastor E A Adeboye. U knw wat I mean. Balderdash Mary is d mother of Jesus nt of God. U do nt need 2 gv hm reply. Leave God 2 judge. Y nt copy Pastor E A Adeboye. U knw wat I mean. Balderdash Mary is d mother of Jesus nt of God. U do nt need 2 gv hm reply. Leave God 2 judge. Y nt copy Pastor E A Adeboye. U knw wat I mean. Balderdash
U know how to sing God the father God the son God the holy ghost come down. Tell me who God the son is, if not Jesus christ. Gosh!!!!
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Johnlegend007: 10:12pm On Dec 05, 2013
Mother of sorrow,Queen of peace,PRAY FOR US!!!

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 05, 2013
Very humble and straight forward answer kiss
CATHOLIC and VERY PROUD OF IT kiss
@Stupi diva as ur name implies,u are really stu pid to say we shud copy ur pasttor! I hv notin against him even thou u pple worship him like he is the God u see on earth.

1 Like

Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by bebrief(m): 10:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
If Chris Okotie really made that statement, then he's just an I.D.I.O.T of a man!
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by confusion247(m): 10:20pm On Dec 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
[size=24pt]ALL CHRISTIANS CAN BURN IN THEIR IMAGINERY HELL!

WHILE I JON MY ANCESTORS IN THE SPIRIT WORLD TO BE REINCARNATED![/size]
Will that be possible if you have committed so much evil before you join your ancestors?
Re: Rev. Omolade's Response To Okotie's Catholic Statement by Hourglass4real: 10:22pm On Dec 05, 2013
Abimbola.ile:
Hmm well i think because the catholic church is on the ground that Jesus said on this rock will i build my church doesn't mean Jesus categorically stated that he had created a church named catholic. The church is a body of Christ without a name.....all we now have are denominations. and as for all the saving from Muslim invaders God himself did that so no church should ascribe the glory...although God might have used them. Beware because they did not write the bible! don't be fooled. we can say compile....but they didn't write!
Dear Sister u r right, you know... The church started without a name, people referred to them as "the crowd". Check your dictionary for the meaning of Catholic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Isa El-Buba: "We Will Fight Buhari Returning To That Seat" (VIDEO) / Undergraduate, Suel Ambrose Slumps, Dies Acting Jesus Crucifixion Drama / Lovemaking After Traditional Wedding Only: Is This Fornication?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.